**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    sneaky thread trying to slip to page 2. not to be. PLAY THE SOUTH.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    mfc2006 wrote:
    shep wrote:
    So I heard about shows in Dallas/Houston/San Antonio via a local radio station... ran into Rod Ryan at lil' woodrows and he was filling me in.... ;)

Lil' Woodrows has awesome nachos. Throw in a pitcher of Shiner and you've got yourself a pre-concert meeting place. The ideas just keep coming. Come on PJ, play the south!

man, we used to go there all the time when we lived in Houston. and you're right...those nachos kick ass. Pj should come back to Houston for the nachos alone!! 8-)

You know, I spend a good bit of time at lil' woodrows - I live right next to the one in midtown and I usually hit up the new one on the east side of the toyota center before shows - I've never had their nachoes...

Wait a second, now that I think about it, the only one I've seen with a kitchen is the one on Chimney Rock... is this where I need to go for nachoes?
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:
    You know, I spend a good bit of time at lil' woodrows - I live right next to the one in midtown and I usually hit up the new one on the east side of the toyota center before shows - I've never had their nachoes...

Wait a second, now that I think about it, the only one I've seen with a kitchen is the one on Chimney Rock... is this where I need to go for nachoes?

I've only been to the one on Chimney Rock. Actually, that might be Big Woodrows. Anyhow, that location has the nachos I speak of. They're amazing. Best nachos ever though were at Zapatos in College Station. Trash Can Nachos - served in an upside down metal trashcan lid. They closed unfortunately. Used to be a highlight of Northgate.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

shep wrote:

I've only been to the one on Chimney Rock. Actually, that might be Big Woodrows. Anyhow, that location has the nachos I speak of. They're amazing. Best nachos ever though were at Zapatos in College Station. Trash Can Nachos - served in an upside down metal trashcan lid. They closed unfortunately. Used to be a highlight of Northgate.

I think you're right, I believe that is Big Woodrows.... which is funny cause the last time I was there was for a bachelor party a year or 2 ago, which Rod Ryan crashed... :lol:

The one is midtown is pretty casual. I like it. And the new one behind the toyota center is convienent to say the least, and has a good selection of brew on tap and order in menu's ;) . It's directly across the street from warehouse live.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:
    I think you're right, I believe that is Big Woodrows.... which is funny cause the last time I was there was for a bachelor party a year or 2 ago, which Rod Ryan crashed... :lol:

The one is midtown is pretty casual. I like it. And the new one behind the toyota center is convienent to say the least, and has a good selection of brew on tap and order in menu's ;) . It's directly across the street from warehouse live.

I've never been to any of the other locations. I haven't been anywhere in that area at all recently. I actually moved out to Katy back in February. Used to live right around the corner from Big Woodrows - off Westhemier near Fountainview. Can't say I miss the Galleria traffic.

• its just gishits just gish Posts: 880
    shep wrote:

I've never been to any of the other locations. I haven't been anywhere in that area at all recently. I actually moved out to Katy back in February. Used to live right around the corner from Big Woodrows - off Westhemier near Fountainview. Can't say I miss the Galleria traffic.

Man oh, man am I hungry. Sounds good enough, think I may go there before whatever Astro's game I go to next month
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    play the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    shep wrote:

Ahhhh... I live just off the Washington strip and my office is in the galleria area... and you're right, the traffic around the galleria is terrible... I've heard some rumors that we'll be moving to our own building somewhere near Park Row in the near future....

It's a little too quiet for me out in the 'burbs. ;)
    shep wrote:

Man oh, man am I hungry. Sounds good enough, think I may go there before whatever Astro's game I go to next month

Big Woodrows is a little out of the way if you're headed to the ballpark. Unfortunately there's not a lot to eat near minute maid, unless you want to go to House of Blues and pay $7 for a bottle of Shiner. That place is such a rip off. It's actually cheaper to drink in the Toyota Center or the Ball Park than House of Blues.

I'd recommend the Flying Saucer at the corner of Main and Capitol - they only recently added a a menu... the food's ok and very reasonably priced... and the beer selection is mind-numbing... I always wind up staring at the beer menu for 15 minutes before I order anything.... :D

But, back to the point of this thread:

PLAY THE SOUTH!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    'Wish they would play the South'
    thinkin.gif
    play the south

pandora wrote:
    'Wish they would play the South'
    thinkin.gif
    PJTX.jpg

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    PJTX.jpg

i like it! :thumbup:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    the south...play it
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    the south
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Smiley-Sun-Over-Ukraine_photo_medium.jpg

Play the South . . . . make it Smile!! :thumbup:
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    retro_1960s_owl_miss_you_postcard-p239094148701294688td81_400.jpg
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    pandora wrote:
    Smiley-Sun-Over-Ukraine_photo_medium.jpg

Play the South . . . . make it Smile!! :thumbup:

even if that smile is a little creepy... :lol:
    please play the south

Play the south this fall!

Texas, Florida, Georgia at least!
  • dgerlach720dgerlach720 Posts: 158
    s
    o
    u
    t
    h
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    PJTX.jpg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    PJTX.jpg

yeah yeah i like this,,,

PLAY THE SOUTH U.S. AN ALSO PLAY ALL THE CITIES ITS BEEN YRS SINCE YOU PLAYED THEM WORLD WIDE

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    play Houston! first round of Shiner on me!

the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    hey gang! Sadly, it looks like not much has happened in the way of PJ tour news recently.

I just spent a week driving through the heart of the south-land. It's beautiful country, but hurting right now.

We crossed the tornado aftermath near Birmingham last Thursday (and again yesterday). Devastating and painful to look at. Makes your insides squirm...

Also, we saw the results of a blown levee in Sikeston, MO. It was done in an effort to save the MS River Delta from its biggest flood in 70-something years.

It couldn't fix these problems, but it might make a few folks feel better if PJ would pay a visit and sit a spell. Here's hoping!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020