2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,755
    We're hurt by the fact that some of the guys don't eat meat. If they were into BBQ we'd get a lot more shows!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    the south please
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    ComeToTX wrote:
    We're hurt by the fact that some of the guys don't eat meat. If they were into BBQ we'd get a lot more shows!

I'd like to think that the band is bigger than that. That they aren't holding things like that against people in the southern states. The north consumes just as much meat as the south. If that's they case, I don't know why they set foot in Calgary in 2009, as more than 60% of the beef produced in North America comes from Alberta.

Just like I would like to think that the bad isn't holding the wrongs of George Bush against its fans in the south... the opinion and beliefs of one man should not be any reason to scorn your fans... I'd like to think that the band is bigger than that...

But again, I'm starting to doubt these beliefs... I realize more and more that their touring patterns are reflecting where they can play the least amount of shows, make the biggest $$$$'s and then run back home and relax.... which, i guess, can you really blame them for that? I know i probably wouldn't work if I didn't have too... and i'd atleast minimize the amount of work I'm doing....

Either way you look at it... it just sucks.

They need to PLAY THE SOUTH! if for no reason other than be fair to their fans....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

I'd like to think that the band is bigger than that. That they aren't holding things like that against people in the southern states. The north consumes just as much meat as the south. If that's they case, I don't know why they set foot in Calgary in 2009, as more than 60% of the beef produced in North America comes from Alberta.

Just like I would like to think that the bad isn't holding the wrongs of George Bush against its fans in the south... the opinion and beliefs of one man should not be any reason to scorn your fans... I'd like to think that the band is bigger than that...

But again, I'm starting to doubt these beliefs... I realize more and more that their touring patterns are reflecting where they can play the least amount of shows, make the biggest $$$$'s and then run back home and relax.... which, i guess, can you really blame them for that? I know i probably wouldn't work if I didn't have too... and i'd atleast minimize the amount of work I'm doing....

They need to PLAY THE SOUTH! if for no reason other than be fair to their fans....

yeah, it was a joke. i know it's all about where they can make the most money by doing the fewest amount of shows. they've proven that over the last 8 years.
    texas!
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

play the south

• dgerlach720dgerlach720 Posts: 158
    play the south por favor?????

but i have a feeling we will get the shaft yet again
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    ComeToTX wrote:
    yeah, it was a joke. i know it's all about where they can make the most money by doing the fewest amount of shows. they've proven that over the last 8 years.

^damn skippy

Congrats to Canada!
    But, PJ, while planning to visit the Great White North don't forget those of us in the Sun Belt.
    We buy your records, too...you know?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • shep wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:
    looks like canada before any of us. shocking! :roll:

What amazes me is it looks like they are going to tour both Canada and South America twice since the last time they played in 2 of the biggest cities in their own country that are only about 3 and a 1/2 hours apart...

So it can officially be confirmed (or at least in my opinion) that their avoidance of the south has nothing to do with their greenhouse gas emissions... It takes a hell of a lot more gas to go from Toronto/Montreal to Vancouver than it does to travel around down here....

It's almost laughable that PJ can treat their fans in this area of the country like this... I'm starting to think it should be taken as an insult...

I really, really wanted to ask Mike about skipping the south every tour at south by last month. But alas, I'm too polite and I didn't want to come off as rude, because he really is such a nice guy!
    Or maybe they got turned off by the booing at ACL for mentioning how long its been?
    But this shit is getting ridiculous.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    rhinomagic wrote:
    But, PJ, while planning to visit the Great White North don't forget those of us in the Sun Belt.
    We buy your records, too...you know?

:clap:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    ComeToTX wrote:
    shep wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

I kinda figured... i've just been taking it a little too personal lately...

I'm also very rotted at the fact that now I'm going to wind up taking 2 trips to Toronto this year and the price of a flight has jumped from $450 to $700 in less than a year.... it's absurd. technically speaking it's further to fly to california or new york, but 1/2 the price....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    All I know is, if they announce a Nashville show I will make that trip over PJ20.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    I hate to say it but I don't think this thread is going to get us anywhere. It's up near the top almost every day and we just keep getting passed over. :|
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
    i'm done traveling for them. if it's cheap and fits in my schedule i may do it but it's hard for me to go too far out of my way anymore. they know they have fans down here and only come when someone pays them a ton for a fest. date.
    lukin321 wrote:
    I hate to say it but I don't think this thread is going to get us anywhere. It's up near the top almost every day and we just keep getting passed over. :|
    not until recently other people have been regularly posting in here (since Ed announced his most recent solo tour). Before that very few people were bumping it up daily or even weekly. The original thread got the south a few dates on the 2008 tour. Kat or Sea (can't remember which) even closed the last thread and posted in it that we accomplished what we were after. This stuff works - people just have to keep bumping it up and not give up on it in a month or two. Trust me - we will get something, I'm just thinking it won't be until Spring/Summer 2012, which is fine with me.

In the meantime... the south!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• ComeToTX wrote:
    shep wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

Are either of you going to PJ20? I should expand.. any of you people posting going?

Are either of you going to PJ20? I should expand.. any of you people posting going?

I was going to go, but the fact that it's at Alpine (which is a nightmare for my travel logistics and getting any friends to go won't happen) and they STILL haven't announced it officially has ruled it out for me. I'm wasn't making any plans until it was officially announced, but it seems everyone has booked every hotel in a 20 mile radius... and I'm not flying to go camping.... did that to go to coachella in 2007 and it was too much of a pain in the ass... not doing it again.... And Labour day weekend doesn't help for flight prices... not that it matters to 10C ...

It just bugs me that even Taylor Swift can give 6 months notice on shows, and that PJ doesn't want to provide me with that level of planning... I mean, not that I'd ever be caught dead at a Taylor Swift show, but I got emails from all the local venues this week advertising for a shows in October and November in Houston and San Antonio... I mean, it can be done, other bands do it all the time...

The other side of the coin is that I lived in Toronto and I have a lot of good friends still there... and a lot of friends in Montreal... travel is much easier for me there, so I would rather do that instead a dicking around with Alpine.... it sucks, but I'm trying to be realistic about it...
  • shep wrote:

I was going to go, but the fact that it's at Alpine (which is a nightmare for my travel logistics and getting any friends to go won't happen) and they STILL haven't announced it officially has ruled it out for me. I'm wasn't making any plans until it was officially announced, but it seems everyone has booked every hotel in a 20 mile radius... and I'm not flying to go camping.... did that to go to coachella in 2007 and it was too much of a pain in the ass... not doing it again.... And Labour day weekend doesn't help for flight prices... not that it matters to 10C ...

It just bugs me that even Taylor Swift can give 6 months notice on shows, and that PJ doesn't want to provide me with that level of planning... I mean, not that I'd ever be caught dead at a Taylor Swift show, but I got emails from all the local venues this week advertising for a shows in October and November in Houston and San Antonio... I mean, it can be done, other bands do it all the time...

The other side of the coin is that I lived in Toronto and I have a lot of good friends still there... and a lot of friends in Montreal... travel is much easier for me there, so I would rather do that instead a dicking around with Alpine.... it sucks, but I'm trying to be realistic about it...

Yeah sounds more beneficial for Canada then. I'd love to use my passport again, but a flight up there is expensive enough, let alone a hotel. From what priceline tells me, a flight from San Antonio to Milwaukee is only about $200 roundtrip over Labor Day weekend, and I have a couple friends that work at a hotel chain so I can get their discount. The hotel in New Berlin, about 20 min away from Alpine should only be about $65 a night, so it's a lot cheaper than going to Toronto for me. I'm just meeting a few people up there, otherwise I'd say fuck it and I'd still go by myself since they clearly don't come down here.

Yeah sounds more beneficial for Canada then. I'd love to use my passport again, but a flight up there is expensive enough, let alone a hotel. From what priceline tells me, a flight from San Antonio to Milwaukee is only about $200 roundtrip over Labor Day weekend, and I have a couple friends that work at a hotel chain so I can get their discount. The hotel in New Berlin, about 20 min away from Alpine should only be about $65 a night, so it's a lot cheaper than going to Toronto for me. I'm just meeting a few people up there, otherwise I'd say fuck it and I'd still go by myself since they clearly don't come down here.

how is that possible? Man... the cheapest flight I can get from Houston is like $450 with 2 stops or $550 direct.... Houston is disgustingly expensive to fly out of... If I could get a better price on a flight I'd think about going...

My secret hope is that it winds up being anywhere other than Alpine so all these people who think they are the shit having all their plans made and shit booked just stand around looking bewildered and give us all a fair crack at things....
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    FLORIDA!!!! God I miss seeing a good show!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • dgerlach720dgerlach720 Posts: 158

Wish I could but I have a little one and there is no way I can talk my wife into allowing me to go to this one.........that's why I'm hoping for some Tampa and WPB love
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    It was also around $200 to fly from Dallas to Milwuakee not too long ago, but I haven't checked again lately. I don't know if I'm going to go to PJ20, it just depends on what it ends up being and how much it costs. Don't know if I'll go to Canada or elsewhere. I'm getting tired of having to travel if I want to see a show.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Bump - Please play the south "y'all" :)
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • MW3384MW3384 Posts: 122
    South to pearl jam is Philly
  • I think "the South" consists of the same 5 people signing this thread! Maybe we should let it go?
    I think "the South" consists of the same 5 people signing this thread! Maybe we should let it go?
    not even close
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I think "the South" consists of the same 5 people signing this thread! Maybe we should let it go?
    and maybe not...

PLAY THE SOUTH! :mrgreen:
    the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com