**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• shepshep Posts: 5,759

PLAY THE SOUTH

keeping it on page 1!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    :mrgreen:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • dgerlach720dgerlach720 Posts: 158
    still waiting for my WPB and Tampa dates!!!!! PLEASE????
    How about the south?
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    How about the south?

They should play there!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    How about the south?

They should play there!!!

Agreed!
    How about the south?
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    PLAY THE SOUTH

• release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    How about the south?

HOW ABOUT PLAYING 2X-3X'S IN EVERY CITY THEY PLAY WHEN THEY FINALLY COMEBACK TO THE SOUTH

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Yes, an extensive tour of the south-land would thrill us all. Multiple night runs in a couple of towns would be nice after seeing PJ do this in other locales.

What would the geographic distribution of a realistic southern tour schedule be? Not necessarily ALL the places we'd have them go, but...

I think it would have to be similar in make-up to the way they've recently scheduled other North American legs. Over a 5-week jaunt, I could imagine about 15 shows:

Miami
    Central Florida (Tampa or Orlando)
    Atlanta (x2)
    one Carolina city (Charlotte/Raleigh/Columbia)
    one Tennessee city (Knoxville/Nashville/Memphis)
    New Orleans
    St. Louis
    4 stops in Texas (between Dallas, Houston and/or San Antonio)
    Phoenix or Tucson
    1-2 other random places they've never been: college towns, Richmond, Mobile, Jacksonville...

Dream it up. I'm curious what we all think it would look like.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Yes, an extensive tour of the south-land would thrill us all. Multiple night runs in a couple of towns would be nice after seeing PJ do this in other locales.

What would the geographic distribution of a realistic southern tour schedule be? Not necessarily ALL the places we'd have them go, but...

I think it would have to be similar in make-up to the way they've recently scheduled other North American legs. Over a 5-week jaunt, I could imagine about 15 shows:

Miami
    Atlanta (x2)
    New Orleans
    St. Louis
    Phoenix or Tucson
    1-2 other random places they've never been: college towns, Richmond, Mobile, Jacksonville...

4 stops in texas and a NOLA date sounds fair to me (as long as none of them are festivals).... I'm good with your tour schedule... :)

You could easily play 2 nights in a row in both Houston and Dallas....
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,754
    rhinomagic wrote:

Miami
    Atlanta (x2)
    New Orleans
    St. Louis
    Phoenix or Tucson

4 stops in texas and a NOLA date sounds fair to me (as long as none of them are festivals).... I'm good with your tour schedule... :)

Works for me...and then I could change my name on here!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    rhinomagic wrote:

Miami
    Atlanta (x2)
    New Orleans
    St. Louis
    Phoenix or Tucson

It always amazes me that Houston and Dallas keep getting shafted, especially when you consider how big they are. Sure country music may reign supreme in the South, but they'd sell out the Toyota Center if just 1 in every 118 Houstonians bought a ticket... and that's based solely on the population of Houston itself, not including the surrounding areas or the people who'd travel from other states (it's 1 in every 321 if you take the metro population).
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
    cajunkiwi wrote:
    It always amazes me that Houston and Dallas keep getting shafted, especially when you consider how big they are. Sure country music may reign supreme in the South, but they'd sell out the Toyota Center if just 1 in every 118 Houstonians bought a ticket... and that's based solely on the population of Houston itself, not including the surrounding areas or the people who'd travel from other states (it's 1 in every 321 if you take the metro population).

Man, country might be a little more popular here (by here I mean in Houston), but heavy metal and rock shows are huge as well... PJ would have no issues with selling out Houston... even if it was in the shithole known as the woodlands.....

I can't believe that PJ can ignore the 7-10 million people in the greater houston area... it makes no sense....
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    the south please
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
    rhinomagic wrote:

Miami
    Atlanta (x2)
    New Orleans
    St. Louis
    Phoenix or Tucson

looks perfect
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:

Miami
    Atlanta (x2)
    New Orleans
    St. Louis
    Phoenix or Tucson

looks perfect

You hear that Pearl Jam?

You have mine and Roger's approval, so you're good to go, I know that's what you've been waiting for ;)

If you come I promise to make sure that fucktard Ricky doesn't kidnapp you like he did to Alex Lifeson... :lol:
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    the south please
    Y'all are slippin', the thread was on page #2???

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    LukinFan wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:

Miami
    Atlanta (x2)
    New Orleans
    St. Louis
    Phoenix or Tucson

looks perfect
    pretty close to perfect.....but I would say one in NC and one in SC. :) ....If Atlanta could have 2, then surely Raleigh or Charlotte deserves one and Columbia one. :D
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    EmBleve wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:

Miami
    Atlanta (x2)
    New Orleans
    St. Louis
    Phoenix or Tucson

looks perfect
    pretty close to perfect.....but I would say one in NC and one in SC. :) ....If Atlanta could have 2, then surely Raleigh or Charlotte deserves one and Columbia one. :D
    I was just thinking the same thing.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • OpenOpen Posts: 792
    Moved from Dallas to Hawaii...that's below the mason dixon, no? :)
    Open wrote:
    Moved from Dallas to Hawaii...that's below the mason dixon, no? :)

Probably not, seeming how PJ will actually play shows there.... :lol:
  • dgerlach720dgerlach720 Posts: 158
    Miami por favor
    texas
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

Mintberry Crunch! ...... No wait, I mean TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS!!!
  • the south please
    Y'all are slippin', the thread was on page #2???

That can't be...
    Mintberry Crunch! ...... No wait, I mean TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS!!!
    8-)

LukinFan wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:

Miami
    Atlanta (x2)
    New Orleans
    St. Louis
    Phoenix or Tucson

looks perfect

You hear that Pearl Jam?

You have mine and Roger's approval, so you're good to go, I know that's what you've been waiting for ;)

If you come I promise to make sure that fucktard Ricky doesn't kidnapp you like he did to Alex Lifeson... :lol:
    :lol::lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Atlanta!!!!!!!

"Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?