**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• shepshep Posts: 5,759
    because I can gaurentee you if pearl jam played Houston, TX, they would have absolutely no problem to sell out either the Toyota Center or The Woodlands pavillion (both around 18,000 people), regardless of how many 10C members show up.

Exactly, just like they did in 2000 and 2003 right before they mysteriously stopped coming down here. I don't buy the argument that there aren't enough fans/club members down here to warrant any shows. All 3 Texas shows in 2003 were packed and intense. Hell, they played Lubbock in 2000 and that place is quite literally in the middle of nowhere. Their only return to this state since 2003 was Austin City Limits in '09 and there were 75,000 people in ankle deep mud screaming like crazy for them. It's not a lack of demand. Sure, there's a bigger concentration of fans in the northeast, but how does that justify completely ignoring huge numbers of fans in many of the southern regions for the better part of a decade? It's just strange, for lack of a better word.

And don't kid yourself, ACL wasn't about the fans, if it was they would have done more shows in Texas before or since.... Austin was about the opportunity to advertise backspacer to the national market (via the ACL taping) while getting paid a shit-ton of money to play for 2 hours on Sunday night.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    And don't kid yourself, ACL wasn't about the fans, if it was they would have done more shows in Texas before or since.... Austin was about the opportunity to advertise backspacer to the national market (via the ACL taping) while getting paid a shit-ton of money to play for 2 hours on Sunday night.

I thought it was about them just getting to be on the historical ACL. :cry: But, yeah, even if they have a larger fan base in the northeast, they should spread the love and not do craploads of shows up there within a relatively small radius and instead spread the shows out while they're on this side of the country.
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    because I can gaurentee you if pearl jam played Houston, TX, they would have absolutely no problem to sell out either the Toyota Center or The Woodlands pavillion (both around 18,000 people), regardless of how many 10C members show up.

NO PEARL JAM, DO NOT PLAY EITHER OF THESE VENUES PLAY A PARK OR AN EMPTY FIELD HOUSTON HAS PLENTY OF THEM DON'T EVER PLAY THA WOODLANDS N AGAIN ITS THE WORSE VENUE IN THE COUNTRY

but PLAY THE SOUTH AN ANYWHERE IN HOUSTON BUT THE WOODLANDS
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763

NO PEARL JAM, DO NOT PLAY EITHER OF THESE VENUES PLAY A PARK OR AN EMPTY FIELD HOUSTON HAS PLENTY OF THEM DON'T EVER PLAY THA WOODLANDS N AGAIN ITS THE WORSE VENUE IN THE COUNTRY

Why be picky? I had a great time at the Woodlands. I really hope they come play there. Or anywhere in Houston. Not going to be selective about the venue. I just want to see them.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • There is currently a "Play The South" campaign in the works for EV's solo show in St Louis. I'll fill everyone in when all of the details are worked out!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,407
    There is currently a "Play The South" campaign in the works for EV's solo show in St Louis. I'll fill everyone in when all of the details are worked out!

I think this is a great idea. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    There is currently a "Play The South" campaign in the works for EV's solo show in St Louis. I'll fill everyone in when all of the details are worked out!
    sweet!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II

I won't argue with you on that point.... The Woodlands is a terrible venue, I hate going out there... it's in the middle of nowhere, 40 minutes outside of houston, and the sound is absolutely terrible.... but at this point, I'll take it....

much rather have them play at Toyota..... it's only a $7 cab ride from my front door ;)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.

sounds awesome!
  • LukinFan wrote:
    sweet!

I'm still on my amazon hunt! Trying to see which battery operated lights are the least bulky.. :D
    8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• LukinFan wrote:
    sweet!

I'm still on my amazon hunt! Trying to see which battery operated lights are the least bulky.. :D
    I have the super concert purse with an awesome hidden compartment that I can get just about anything in to a show. So, a little bulk will be ok.

Also, I don't think we should have much talk of the campaign on the boards. We don't want Ed to know he's being ambushed ;) Maybe a facebook group or event? What do you Southern fans think? I'm open for suggestions.
    I have the super concert purse with an awesome hidden compartment that I can get just about anything in to a show. So, a little bulk will be ok.

Also, I don't think we should have much talk of the campaign on the boards. We don't want Ed to know he's being ambushed ;) Maybe a facebook group or event? What do you Southern fans think? I'm open for suggestions.

if there is anything i can do to help let me know. I am more than happy to to contribute a few dollars if that is what it takes...

happy to help out under wraps...
  • BettrMan21BettrMan21 Posts: 278
    Thank you DigitalKat and OftheSea for letting this thread live. At least it shows respect to LukinFan's determination to drop his "the south" posts in all day. If Pearl Jam ever plays down here again, that dude should be allowed sidestage for his efforts alone.
    On a sidenote, Ed made the comment at his Atlanta 2 solo show in 2009 that he would "give a good report" back to the band; made it sound like he expected the southern shows to be bad or something. There's gotta be something more to the story. I would love to know what's gone down.
    Oh and I hate that the Mods locked the "Why Pearl Jam won't play the south" post. My sister-mom-cousin-wife loved it. So did my puppy-son-nephew. It's 2011, folks. Amazing. And no Kat, none of those were remotely funny....
  • Ok, I will be creating a facebook event either tonight or tomorrow for the campaign. I'm a bit busy today. I'll be back with a link for the event when it has been created. I'm hoping this will help Southern fans out.

Randy Bo Bandy: pm has been sent on how you can help. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.....but, funds will not be collected for this. Thanks for the offer, though!
    BettrMan21 wrote:
    Thank you DigitalKat and OftheSea for letting this thread live. At least it shows respect to LukinFan's determination to drop his "the south" posts in all day. If Pearl Jam ever plays down here again, that dude should be allowed sidestage for his efforts alone.
    :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Ok, I will be creating a facebook event either tonight or tomorrow for the campaign. I'm a bit busy today. I'll be back with a link for the event when it has been created. I'm hoping this will help Southern fans out.

Randy Bo Bandy: pm has been sent on how you can help. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.....but, funds will not be collected for this. Thanks for the offer, though!
    I'm willing to help out too- just let me know
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    EmBleve wrote:

I thought it was about them just getting to be on the historical ACL. :cry: But, yeah, even if they have a larger fan base in the northeast, they should spread the love and not do craploads of shows up there within a relatively small radius and instead spread the shows out while they're on this side of the country.

He means ACL the festival was a money grab I think. I am sure ACL the TV show was a great honor for them since it is such an iconic and historical program.

I think what was irritating was the LA, LA, TX, LA, LA thing. They could have hit Dallas and Houston around ACL. Instead they jetted in to do that and got the hell out as soon as it was done.

I did have a great time at ACL though, despite the hospital stay.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Flagg wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:

He means ACL the festival was a money grab I think. I am sure ACL the TV show was a great honor for them since it is such an iconic and historical program.

I think what was irritating was the LA, LA, TX, LA, LA thing. They could have hit Dallas and Houston around ACL. Instead they jetted in to do that and got the hell out as soon as it was done.

ah. I see. My bad. I was just thinking the show..I got somebody to burn me a DVD of it and I loved it. Yeah, I see what you're saying..while they were there.... Oh my, I'm sorry to hear about a hospital stay. :shock:
    Flagg wrote:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• justamjustam Posts: 21,407
    I think maybe we need to start a new thread that isn't weighed down with so much negativity.

It's just digging the hole of disappointment deeper here instead of climbing out and seeing their buses and trucks on the horizon. ;)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Flagg wrote:

Well... actually, I don't think they could have done another show in TX... I'm pretty sure as the sunday night headliner, there was probably clauses in their contract keeping them from playing Houston, Dallas, San Antone, and some other places within a 200 mile radius for at least 90 days before and after... but that doesn't mean they couldn't come back.
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    Ok, I will be creating a facebook event either tonight or tomorrow for the campaign. I'm a bit busy today. I'll be back with a link for the event when it has been created. I'm hoping this will help Southern fans out.

HEY PM ME YO, lets make a website instead

PLAY THE SOUTH
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    THE SOUTH.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Atlanta

PLAY THE SOUTH

keeping it on page 1!
    the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341

PLAY THE SOUTH

keeping it on page 1!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    play here!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    mfc2006 wrote:
    play here!! :D
    And here too! Play the South :D
    PLAY THE SOUTH