Options

**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648

Houston.

yea... despite my posts, that's not going to happen. 3C has eliminated houston from the fall tour.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    Almost time!
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    Hotlanta!!
  • Options
    Louisville!

I AM MINE
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    You've presented so many wonderful aspects of Houston, do you even need a PJ show? There is so much to see and do already!
  • Options
    Derby 140 - in Louisville!!

I AM MINE
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    riotgrl said:

derbydave hopes EVERYONE has a GREAT Derby day!!!!
    :-c
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    riotgrl said:

AND... how GREAT would it be to have a PJ show in the infield of Churchill Downs???
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options

Come see our brand new (~ 2 years old) purpose built soccer stadium! It's the home of the Houston Dynamo, one of the most successful teams in the MLS! Very fun atmosphere and great place to see a game!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    derbydave said:

riotgrl said:

AND... how GREAT would it be to have a PJ show in the infield of Churchill Downs???
    Honestly, I've seen a couple of concerts there and they totally suck :( If they come here, I hope they stick with YUM Center.

I AM MINE
  • Options

Come see the Williams Tower! In the top 10 of "america's favorite architecture"!

it's america's tallest target! (tallest building outside of a downtown city core, i.e. no other tall buildings surrounding it)
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    Are any of you all going to Springsteen tonight?
  • Options

Are any of you all going to Springsteen tonight?

my neighbor is...

I was thinking about it... but driving to the woodlands on a tuesday night just turns me off from the whole concept... especially during OTC week where traffic is a nightmare in any direction, regardless of where you're going.

I'd get yourself on the road early Amber!
  • Options
    So we left SA around 2:30 ish. Got the venue a little before 7:30. What is OTC week? Cause that traffic makes me never want to go there again during the week in general.
  • Options
    Offshore Technology Conference. A lot of people in town from all over the world for the event (oil and gas related)....

How was the show?
  • Options
    shep said:

Offshore Technology Conference. A lot of people in town from all over the world for the event (oil and gas related)....

How was the show?

So much fun and my cliche response of, there's a reason he's called the boss. easily one of the best shows I've been to.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,594
    a friend of mine was front row at that show. the pics were pretty great. i still haven't seen bruce.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options

shep said:

How was the show?

So much fun and my cliche response of, there's a reason he's called the boss. easily one of the best shows I've been to.
    awesome...

I have no idea why I passed on going... probably should have went...

but kinda glad i didn't, it's been a pretty rough week - exploded a tire on the way into work yesterday, wedding shit that had to be done this week, and now an overnight acceptance test for a piece of equipment we're buying at work that will have me up until 4 am...

probably a good thing I skipped... will be out there next friday for Dave Matthews though... excited... haven't been to a show in a while.... i think the last one was QOTSA at the end of january...

• Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320

shep said:

How was the show?

Daniel / "Better Dan" on here drove down from Dallas and was in the pit. He said it was a great show and said he touched Bruce's guitar haha. I should have saw him in Dallas last month. :(
  • Options
    Louisville

I AM MINE
  • Options

shep said:

How was the show?

Daniel / "Better Dan" on here drove down from Dallas and was in the pit. He said it was a great show and said he touched Bruce's guitar haha. I should have saw him in Dallas last month. :(
    I was allll the way back in the lawn. :( but it was pretty cool. Awesome he got that close! He let two guys on stage sing with him.. and some lady had her Courteney Cox moment,
  • Options

Come See Mission Control in Houston!
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    Shep, I was hoping for an Art Car image from you?
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I've got a bunch on my phone!

I was completely awe-struck by the potato.... it was awesome....

My namesake was definitely the best though!

this was the first year I've gone in quite some time... lots of fun though!

Jesus on a moped was almost a major highlight...

more stupidly awesome stuff you can only experience in Houston, Texas!
    Post edited by shep on
  • Options

I don't go to the woodlands often, but when I do, it's gotta be a good show...

headed out for DMB tour kick off on Friday... sure would be nice if PJ started their summer tour at the woodlands every year.... You wouldn't hear a complaint about that from me. ;)
  • Options
    RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    shep said:

shep said:

How was the show?

awesome...

but kinda glad i didn't, it's been a pretty rough week - exploded a tire on the way into work yesterday, wedding shit that had to be done this week, and now an overnight acceptance test for a piece of equipment we're buying at work that will have me up until 4 am...

probably a good thing I skipped... will be out there next friday for Dave Matthews though... excited... haven't been to a show in a while.... i think the last one was QOTSA at the end of january...

passing up the boss for dave matthews is just bad. shame on you shep :), the show last week was the best of 5 amazing bruce shows spanning 25 years for me. dave's last album was just too chill for me to see him again.

San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
    Fort Worth, Night 1 September 2023
    Fort Worth, Night 2 September 2023
    Austin, Night 1 September 2023
    Austin, Night 2 September 2023
  • Options
    RFTC said:

shep said:

shep said:

How was the show?

awesome...

passing up the boss for dave matthews is just bad. shame on you shep :), the show last week was the best of 5 amazing bruce shows spanning 25 years for me. dave's last album was just too chill for me to see him again.

I didn't pass on the boss for dave matthews.... one decision did not effect the other. If I wanted to go see the boss there was nothing stopping me from going out there.

The reason the boss was solely my own laziness of not wanting to drive to the woodlands on a weeknight during OTC. that's it. I would have loved to have gone, if it was at toyota I would have been there.... I've just had it with dealing with getting to the woodlands on a school night... it sucks all the fun out of the concert for me....

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Bump!

Within 72 hours of weekend one of ACL selling out, I've dumped all 4 of my weekend passes! sweet!
  • Options
    Come get some good 'ol fashioned Houston Bar-B-Q!

• Options
    dgerlach720dgerlach720 Posts: 158
    Maybe Tampa in this conversation after NoClubs posted big announcement tomorrow....