Options

**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• Options
    ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    It's time for Atlanta to have its first stand alone show since 2003.
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    Louisville

Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,876
    To the top. We'll soon know if the "official" thread becomes official [-O< ;)
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,645
    not expecting anything else i can travel to but i'm rooting for the rest of y'all!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    ComeToTX said:

not expecting anything else i can travel to but i'm rooting for the rest of y'all!

Quick trip to Colorado ??? 18 hours drive from houston.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    i'm in austin so a little closer but i already have a trip to CO booked in late sept.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    edited May 2014
    callen said:

ComeToTX said:

you have 18 hours to commit to driving in a car?

What company do you work for? I get 120 hours of vacation... no way do I waste 36 hours of it driving to Denver... not when i plane gets me there and back in <10 hours including airport shenanigans ...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited May 2014
    shep said:

callen said:

ComeToTX said:

What company do you work for? I get 120 hours of vacation... no way do I waste 36 hours of it driving to Denver... not when i plane gets me there and back in
    shep said:

callen said:

ComeToTX said:

What company do you work for? I get 120 hours of vacation... no way do I waste 36 hours of it driving to Denver... not when i plane gets me there and back in
    More of a funding issue for some so if your short on cash and have an efficient vehicle road trips are a good option. I do love to drive and if it means not having to deal with airports and checking out the scenes on way worth it. Colorado is pushing it, though made the drive to Alpine. Oh yeah, only Texas tag on the grassy field.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Please, PJ gods, let the rumors be true. Announcement....tomorrow....LOUISVILLE KENTUCKY!!

I AM MINE
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    Well the only one I'll be at is Denver..
  • Options
    The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    I will never understand how Louisville always gets shunned by this band. Louisville has so much to offer. It is a Pearl Jam city. Louisville is very independent and unique, I just simply dont get it.
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • Options
    dgerlach720dgerlach720 Posts: 158
    Damn another punch in the gut…. what the hell happened?
  • Options

won't go to Austin Amber?

I think my only shows this fall are gonna be the ACL dates... at least I don't have to get on a place I guess...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    shep said:

I think my only shows this fall are gonna be the ACL dates... at least I don't have to get on a place I guess...

Most likely, just the day they play weekend 2. I shouldn't even be going to Denver. I'm supposed to be saving to see my sister in Hawaii before the military moves her again. I thought you sold your acl tix?
  • Options
    I am excited to try to get to Cincy for the fall tour but I'm not gonna lie - I'm PISSED that LOUISVILLE was skipped again. Its been over 20 years since they've been here. I mean what the hell is wrong that you refuse to come to this city and this state??

THIS is where you should be going!

Now you've just lit a fire under my ass >:P

I AM MINE
  • Options
    I think I'll do Tulsa since I can make it a "work" trip.
  • Options

shep said:

Most likely, just the day they play weekend 2. I shouldn't even be going to Denver. I'm supposed to be saving to see my sister in Hawaii before the military moves her again. I thought you sold your acl tix?
    I did.

I just don't have enough interest in the rest of the lineup to spend the cash on 3+ days in Austin. Between the hotel mark-up and food/drink costs I can't justify the expenditure on the weekend... so I sold the 3 day passes and decided I'm probably just going to buy a Sunday night ticket for both weekends...

I am guessing that 2 x 1 day passes will probably cost more than 1 x 3 day pass at early bird prices, but whatever, I get to see Pearl Jam twice.

Hopefully one of the weekends they make it a unique setlist and not the festival-friendly one, but either way, it's still 2 PJ shows for the year. Better than none.

None of the other dates really work out for me... unfortunately. Getting married this year, most of my vacation/spending money is already portioned out... :))

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    edited May 2014
    Well, I'm happy for the people who live in Memphis and Austin and Tulsa. Those Southern cities have been added into the mix. That's something.

I am feeling a bit sad about Florida getting no concerts again. Every US tour that gets announced without something close to here is a bit like another wound.

I think for a while I'm just going to buy tickets to bands that come down here. Obviously, I can go to five good concerts in Tampa for what I'd typically spend to travel to see one PJ concert.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam said:

Well, I'm happy for the people who live in Memphis and Austin and Tulsa. Those Southern cities have been added into the mix. That's something.

I am feeling a bit sad about Florida getting no concerts again. Every US tour that gets announced without something close to here is a bit like another wound.

I think for a while I'm just going to buy tickets to bands that come down here. Obviously, I can go to five good concerts in Tampa for what I'd typically spend to travel to see one PJ concert.

I think there's got to be another leg coming soon... the omission of florida and no shows in Toronto/Chicago is a large portion of their fanbase excluded from the lightning bolt shows... i think there will be some more not too far along...

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Shep is correct.Another leg is right around the corner.

Riotgrl-PJ may be avoiding Kentucky but your home state boys Black Stone Cherry are tearing it up.Un fucking real live. Classified as Kentucky grunge garage rock.Best new band I've had the pleasure to rock out to in a long time .New album is insane.Give em a go if you haven't heard them.
  • Options
    I also think there is a heavy anti south bias on these boards.I think many folks just don't understand....
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    shep said:

I think there's got to be another leg coming soon... the omission of florida and no shows in Toronto/Chicago is a large portion of their fanbase excluded from the lightning bolt shows... i think there will be some more not too far along...

I hope you are right. I'd really like to see more concerts from this tour and if they come down here, I can go to more than one show per leg!!!!!!!!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Shep is correct.Another leg is right around the corner.

Riotgrl-PJ may be avoiding Kentucky but your home state boys Black Stone Cherry are tearing it up.Un fucking real live. Classified as Kentucky grunge garage rock.Best new band I've had the pleasure to rock out to in a long time .New album is insane.Give em a go if you haven't heard them.

Haven't heard of them but I will definitely check them out!

I AM MINE
  • Options
    Bump for South Florida and Tampa….hell i'm booking both now if they finally commit to us
  • Options
    bethwalker1987bethwalker1987 Washington Posts: 122
    Play Prescott Valley, Arizona....tims toyota center is super small, and it would bring some well needed revenue up here in them thar hills, we could do a benefit concert for the firefighters up here, remember hot shot crew 19 (lost 19 firefighters in one fell swoop, July last year) families are still fighting for benefits ;-( The government sucks ass when it comes to helping these families, even if they worked 40 plus hours a week, these kids are NOT getting survivor benefits. PLAY PRESCOTT VALLEY pwease, thank you. Good lord, the revenue it would bring here is amazing. Families of Firefighter here could so use it. :x
  • Options
    Bump slfa
  • Options
    bethwalker1987bethwalker1987 Washington Posts: 122
    DENVER CO DISPENSARIES NEAR PEPSI CENTER: your welcome <:-P
    NEAREST MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES NEAR PEPSI CENTER:
    Enjoy!

Natural Remedies
    1620 Market St ‪#‎5w‬, Denver, CO 0.5 mi E
    (303) 953-0884 · lodosdispensary.com
    4.751 reviews ·
    good product · cannabis · marijuana dispensary · mob boss · vibe
    Kindman Premium Cannabis
    4125 Elati St, Denver, CO 1.9 mi NE
    (303) 546-3626 · mykindman.com
    4.614 reviews ·
    purple cotton · top shelf · marijuana dispensaries · good bud · durban poison
    The Releaf Center
    2000 W 32nd Ave, Denver, CO 0.9 mi N
    (303) 458-5323 · thereleafcenter.com
    4.657 reviews ·
    knowledgeable staff · marijuana dispensaries · edibles · cannabis · lower prices
    Mile High Medical Cannabis
    1705 Federal Blvd, Denver, CO 1.0 mi W
    (303) 455-9333 · mhmcdenver.com
    3.922 reviews ·
    Local Product of Colorado
    419 W 13 Ave, Denver, CO 1.1 mi SE
    (303) 736-6850 · localproductco.com
    4.67 reviews ·
    strawberry cough · marijuana dispensary · cannabis · jack herer · god bud
    MMJ America - Downtown LoDo
    2042 Arapahoe St, Denver, CO 1.0 mi E
    (720) 242-9308 · mmjamerica.com
    5.022 reviews ·
    bud · dispensary
    Medical Marijuana CareGivers of Colorado
    2111 Larimer St, Denver, CO 1.0 mi NE
    (303) 542-0300 · caregiversofcolorado.com
    2 reviews ·
    iVita Wellness
    1660 Pearl St, Denver, CO 1.5 mi E
    (303) 952-9150 · ivitawellness.com
    4.320 reviews ·
    marijuana dispensary · cannabis · colorado medical · highest grade · exchange policy
    The Clinic Highlands
    3460 W 32nd Ave, Denver, CO 1.7 mi NW
    (303) 997-7130 · thecliniccolorado.com
    3 reviews ·
  • Options
    I'm gunna give a long shot bump this morning.
    Some of us down here in FL think that When Midtown Music Festival Announces line up in About 3 weeks PJ will be on there.Its 9days before Cincy.
    Atl would get a show and then 2in Fl leading up to Cincy.This just makes too much sense.
    Holding out hope.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

I'm gunna give a long shot bump this morning.
    Some of us down here in FL think that When Midtown Music Festival Announces line up in About 3 weeks PJ will be on there.Its 9days before Cincy.
    Atl would get a show and then 2in Fl leading up to Cincy.This just makes too much sense.
    Holding out hope.

That would be amazing
  • Options
    Free Press Summer Fest this weekend!

Would have been a great time for PJ to stop by...

But I've got no problems with the man who decided to grace us with his presence this year!