Options

**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    ComeToTX wrote:
    I remember getting my hopes up when the venue in Dallas told their season ticket holders that PJ was playing. That didn't happen. I need to see it here before I get my hopes up.

I hear ya. It is complete conjecture at this point.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,618
    Of course I never thought I'd see EV do 7 shows in texas on one tour...
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,655

SHEP! Dammit. JEALOUS! :evil:
    I can't find it here. I'm not surprised, it was the same with Faithfull Ale. None could I find here at all. That's ok. I'm drinking Coronas today in honor of Ed since it looks like we are going to get our Southern shows. My heart is literally leaping out of my chest thinking of them playing Dallas again. I know it's rumor, and could disintegrate at any second...I'll ride anyway. :corn:

faithful ale never made it into texas - the TABC never approved the label.

Don't get your heart broken over a rumour.... that's all i gotta say... 8-)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    majleap3 wrote:
    Did you see the pjonline tweet???
    it's run by a fan
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    majleap3 wrote:
    it's run by a fan

:wave:

hey roger! haven't seen you in here in a while....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    majleap3 wrote:
    it's run by a fan

:wave:

hey roger! haven't seen you in here in a while....
    The lack if shows in the south makes this thread frustrating at times...a regular non-festival show in Texas would be a start. I have a feeling all the south will see is Dallas and the Voodoo on November 1
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    I'm hoping they kick off the whole damn tour right in Dallas!
    That would be a great show.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    531547_312647952194406_103586803_n.jpg

Sweet 16!
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    The lack if shows in the south makes this thread frustrating at times...a regular non-festival show in Texas would be a start. I have a feeling all the south will see is Dallas and the Voodoo on November 1

I have a feeling you're probably right... if they play dallas at all.

I have no idea why the band would play dallas of all places... if they drive by Houston without a show after all the postcards I've sent, I'm going to be a very unhappy individual...
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

I have no idea why the band would play dallas of all places... if they drive by Houston without a show after all the postcards I've sent, I'm going to be a very unhappy individual...

Their logic defies mine a lot. I'd think if Dallas and Voodoo are shows.. it's probable Houston would be there too. But I shouldn't have to remind myself of ACL 09...
    And would the lottery system work the same way..as in you would just get one show per tour?
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

I just don't understand how they keep ignoring the south. What other band ignores the entire south on tours? It's jyst very frustrating.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options

Their logic defies mine a lot. I'd think if Dallas and Voodoo are shows.. it's probable Houston would be there too. But I shouldn't have to remind myself of ACL 09...
    And would the lottery system work the same way..as in you would just get one show per tour?

Well the Dallas and Voodoo rumours kind of conflict if you think about it...

If the date for Dallas is September and Voodoo is taking place Nov 1-3 this year, WTF are they doing for the month in between? It only takes a day to drive from Dallas to NOLA... and you have to drive directly by Houston, another major market you could play... but yea, this band defies logic...
  • Options
    shep wrote:

Well the Dallas and Voodoo rumours kind of conflict if you think about it...

If the date for Dallas is September and Voodoo is taking place Nov 1-3 this year, WTF are they doing for the month in between? It only takes a day to drive from Dallas to NOLA... and you have to drive directly by Houston, another major market you could play... but yea, this band defies logic...

That's what I'm kind of wondering.. even if it's late September, there's still a month in between. Dallas to.. yeah there's a huge market for both there and Houston. I'm doubtful of a San Antonio show, but hopefully it comes soon.. but after the 5th. :)
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    I'm not going to get my hopes up yet for Dallas being rumored, but it does seem strange that the rumors are that Dallas kicks it off and N.O. ends it with 1-2 months in between sometime in September and Voodoo on Nov 1-2. Logistically that doesn't make a lot of sense at all, but then again, when does their touring schedule make sense?

The 2009 swing from LA to Austin back to LA.
    The 2003, they played essentially 2 tour legs w/ N.O., OKC, Houston, SA, Florida, Atlanta, SC, & NC in early April, and then Dallas, Little Rock, Phx, and KC in early June.

Whatever, I'll take what I can get at this point.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    It would so nice if they could surprise us with a few stops in the South this time around!! :)

3787962199_90e1b02828_z.jpg?zz=1
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    When I first heard this, I thought the same thing. How the F would they play TX then NOLA a full month later?
    Unless they did several shows throughout the South for that month, it doesn't make sense. I'm willing to bet that if they play Dallas, they'll play Houston too. :corn:
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    arizonapostcard500x319.jpg
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    The 2003, they played essentially 2 tour legs w/ N.O., OKC, Houston, SA, Florida, Atlanta, SC, & NC in early April, and then Dallas, Little Rock, Phx, and KC in early June.
    The 2003 tour was a fun one.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,618
    LukinFan wrote:

Ahhh yes...when they actually toured.

Not sure what to think about the rumors. I always get hopeful then disappointed. This will make it even worse or all worth it.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:

Unlike the last Dallas show, I can legally drink there now!
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    ComeToTX wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

Ahhh yes...when they actually toured.

Not sure what to think about the rumors. I always get hopeful then disappointed. This will make it even worse or all worth it.

Yeah that was a decade ago, it was a huge stretch for me to even try to use that as a valid comparison, but my main point was you can't try to predict a tour based on rumors of just Dallas and NO because they don't seem to follow any certain pattern or consistent itinerary.

I don't allow myself to get too hopeful. I'd rather just not expect much and then hopefully have a nice surprise if it actually comes true.
  • Options
    I don't allow myself to get too hopeful. I'd rather just not expect much and then hopefully have a nice surprise if it actually comes true.

^^This^^ is exactly what my husband told me. I'm an optimist, so I get disappointed a lot. :lol:
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

Maybe that's why they are skipping Houston :P :lol:

Houston's huge. I have to believe that if they are playing Dallas they would also play there, but then I also wouldn't have believed they'd go over 10 years without playing there. :thumbdown: Really hoping Houston gets a show! I'll be there if they do..it would be great to finally meet you.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    Honestly, I think the postcards help.
    If we all sent them, they couldn't forget that people actually live down here!! 8-)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I'm not going to get my hopes up yet for Dallas being rumored, but it does seem strange that the rumors are that Dallas kicks it off and N.O. ends it with 1-2 months in between sometime in September and Voodoo on Nov 1-2. Logistically that doesn't make a lot of sense at all, but then again, when does their touring schedule make sense?

That 2009 example shows what they would do to play a festival..so if they are playing voodoo in November then the previous and following shows may not even be anywhere near Louisiana.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

That 2009 example shows what they would do to play a festival..so if they are playing voodoo in November then the previous and following shows may not even be anywhere near Louisiana.

Such optimism.. I hate that I'm a realistic idealist. Ed did seem apologetic at some of the shows here..
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

Maybe that's why they are skipping Houston :P :lol:

Houston's huge. I have to believe that if they are playing Dallas they would also play there, but then I also wouldn't have believed they'd go over 10 years without playing there. :thumbdown: Really hoping Houston gets a show! I'll be there if they do..it would be great to finally meet you.

Let's be quite honest - speaking strictly Dallas and Houston, you are talking about 14 million people - officially. Add in the illegals, and you're probably talking closer to 17 million people. The cities are less than a 4 hour drive apart and constitute a market as big as new york city.

it's almost mind numbing to think that any band could ignore that much of a market segment.

add in San Antonio, which now also approaching 7 million people - officially - and you're talking about 21 million people all within a 300 mile radius that you've completely ignored for a decade...

it almost just seems ignorant.
    justam wrote:
    Honestly, I think the postcards help.
    If we all sent them, they couldn't forget that people actually live down here!! 8-)

I saw a whole pile of Tampa ones in the recent deep mag - I assume that was you? :D
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    Let's be quite honest - speaking strictly Dallas and Houston, you are talking about 14 million people - officially. Add in the illegals, and you're probably talking closer to 17 million people. The cities are less than a 4 hour drive apart and constitute a market as big as new york city.

it's almost mind numbing to think that any band could ignore that much of a market segment.

add in San Antonio, which now also approaching 7 million people - officially - and you're talking about 21 million people all within a 300 mile radius that you've completely ignored for a decade...

it almost just seems ignorant.

THIS. A thousand times, this. I agree, and I hope that this tour changes that pattern. It looks like all the postcards, emails, letters and posts related to playing the South have helped our cause. Coupled with Ed's solo dates - we have ourselves real probability this time. Not to mention that there are many fans here who have disposable income enough to see 3+ shows in the South. Makes a big difference in booking cities.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    LukinFan wrote:

The 2003 tour in Houston, they stopped serving alcohol after ten pm. FYI :(
  • Options
    STAYSEA wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

The 2003 tour in Houston, they stopped serving alcohol after ten pm. FYI :(

The last Dallas show.. I was 18. Made it interesting.