• Options
    jopetto75jopetto75 Posts: 397
    bump
    until next time......
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    LOUISVILLE

487560_10151358317703507_739362063_n.jpg
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    iiseeiisee Charlotte, NC Posts: 485
    More Charlotte please sirs! 8-)
    8/25/92 – Charlotte, NC
    10/4/96 – Charlotte, NC
    8/4/00 – Charlotte, NC
    4/16/03 – Charlotte, NC
    9/5/05 – Edmonton, Canada
    6/16/08 - Columbia, SC
    6/17/08 - VA Beach, VA
    6/26-27/12 - Amsterdam, NL (I and II)
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Feild, Chicago, IL
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    11/22/15 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,384
    :P
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    First day of Spring bump.
    Starting the postcards today.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,654
    shep wrote:
    frustrating evening, between the postcards and the guy at kroger refusing to sell me the beer he has in back that everyone in texas has been looking for since last week (even though I could see a fucking case of it)... it was a frustrating evening....

I'm actually trying to find some in DFW. Hoping to hit a couple of stores tomorrow.

good luck... the only other place i've seen postcards in the city is in the malls... i think I'm going to swing through the galleria (quickly) at lunch today to get some more...

if you're talking about the Black Crack, however, good luck.... nobody seems to have any left. :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    shep wrote:
    I hope that when they DO play Dallas that it's at the AAC and NOT freaking Gexa, especially if it's in the dead of summer.

I want to express a similar opinion for Houston: Please Toyota Center and not that god awful woodlands pavillion that's a 45 minute drive from the city (over 2 hours in traffic :x :x :x :x just thinking about that place makes me angry... :x :x :x )...

Well guess it all depends on where one lives now doesn't it...so not only because I can get to the pavilion in 15 minutes :D:D but prefer outdoor venues and pavilian is great place to see a show...sooooo one vote for the "god awful woodlands pavilion". :lol:

Oh second page bump....
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    263.jpg
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    callen wrote:
    shep wrote:
    I hope that when they DO play Dallas that it's at the AAC and NOT freaking Gexa, especially if it's in the dead of summer.

I want to express a similar opinion for Houston: Please Toyota Center and not that god awful woodlands pavillion that's a 45 minute drive from the city (over 2 hours in traffic :x :x :x :x just thinking about that place makes me angry... :x :x :x )...

Well guess it all depends on where one lives now doesn't it...so not only because I can get to the pavilion in 15 minutes :D:D but prefer outdoor venues and pavilian is great place to see a show...sooooo one vote for the "god awful woodlands pavilion". :lol:

Oh second page bump....

the sound in the woodlands is terrible. If you're above the 101-103 sections the sound is distorted - for every show i've been to there. either the house engineer is retarded or the shape of the tent ruins the sound.

And I'm going to be quite honest - I didn't move to Houston to have to drive 45 minutes to a suburb to go see a concert. On a weekday, especially on Friday, it easily takes 90 minutes to drive there, and it has taken over 2 hours on the odd occassion.

I live 10 minutes from Toyota center, in the heights.... it's a $15 cab ride (including tip). If I want to go to a show in the woodlands I have to drive, as I'm not paying for an $80 cab ride, so I get to have 1, maybe 2 beer and that's it. Night over. Then a 30 minute drive back to civilization at 75 mph. Once I took a limo with 10 friends to a show - it was a lot of fun, but it still cost us $60 a head.

At the woodlands I have my choice of 2 pubs... either sherlocks (which blows) or the goose's acre... to grab a meal before the show... at Toyota I can hit anywhere in midtown, washington, or downtown locations for food and drinks... not to mention the fact you can still smoke it bars in the woodlands and everytime I sit down for a meal someone is puffing smoke in my face.... ugh....

For those reasons I usually don't even bother with shows at the woodlands. It's just not worth the time, aggravation, or effort for me.

The only reason shows actually happen out there is that the woodlands is a ticketmaster/live nation venue and toyota is not... so TM/LN funnel as many shows out there as they can get away with.... it was a dumb move for the city of Houston to allow that pavillion to get put out there... I really hope that when they tear down the astrodome they put an ampitheater in it's place like many people were lobbying for...

All that being said - I understand your preference. And I'll still be there if PJ plays....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    First day of Spring bump.
    Starting the postcards today.

:thumbup:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    shep wrote:
    frustrating evening, between the postcards and the guy at kroger refusing to sell me the beer he has in back that everyone in texas has been looking for since last week (even though I could see a fucking case of it)... it was a frustrating evening....

I'm actually trying to find some in DFW. Hoping to hit a couple of stores tomorrow.

good luck... the only other place i've seen postcards in the city is in the malls... i think I'm going to swing through the galleria (quickly) at lunch today to get some more...

if you're talking about the Black Crack, however, good luck.... nobody seems to have any left. :lol:

Yes! Black Crack. Trying Central Market tomorrow.
    We have a big beer lovers group in FW and I'm pretty sure they've snagged it all. Oh well!

As far as postcards, WalMart of all places has a ton of Texas/Dallas/Fort Worth. But I've purchased from http://www.changingworld.com/catalog/postcards-c-5.html before. Cool designs & fair prices.
    I've thought of sending one of those cheap Texas souvenirs from WM too - cheesy shot glass or ashtray. Would be funny. :?
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options

We have a big beer lovers group in FW and I'm pretty sure they've snagged it all. Oh well!

hi, my name is andrew, i'm from canada, and i love pearl jam and good beer.... will you marry me? ;)
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Shep,

Importance scale

Criteria: ...........................................................Importance %

PJ coming to Houston (or anywhere in Texas) ....................99.99%

Venue...................................................................00.001%

:)

Agree still allowing smoking up north blows

Still prefer Woodlands. :mrgreen:
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 467
    Get ready TX...here they come...
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024* - Seattle I & II | Wrigley I & II
    [82*]
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    LOUISVILLE

Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    callen wrote:
    Shep,

Importance scale

Criteria: ...........................................................Importance %

PJ coming to Houston (or anywhere in Texas) ....................99.99%

Venue...................................................................00.001%

:)

Agree still allowing smoking up north blows

Still prefer Woodlands. :mrgreen:

100% agree with you there.

Personally I'd like to see them at Fitzgerald's as it's about 3 blocks from my front door - but their gear trucks wouldn't even fit in the parking lot. :lol:.

logan5ive wrote:
    Get ready TX...here they come...

Who are you, what do you know, and where are your sources?

I don't need to be teased... especially after I went out and bought another 30 postcards yesterday... 8-)
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    riotgrl wrote:
    LOUISVILLE

My bracket thingy says Gonzaga... my logic on that chart thing is very, very subjective. And not rationally thought out for anyone who knows college basketball.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,384
    play the south
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,618
    play the south
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    shep wrote:

hi, my name is andrew, i'm from canada, and i love pearl jam and good beer.... will you marry me? ;)

Only if you propose to me at a live show with Eddie's blessing. :lol:
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    bdg_AZBW2013_lg.png
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    bdg_AZBW2013_lg.png

I second that emotion. :)
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    play the south

When they play the South, Dimi, we're gonna have to find a way for you to come to TX!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    shep wrote:
    I don't need to be teased... especially after I went out and bought another 30 postcards yesterday... 8-)

The postcard onslaught from Texas begins today.
    Holy hell they don't know the postcard shitstorm that is about to hit! :!:
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    shep wrote:

I'll have to go wherever it is they sell postcards and buy some.
  • Options
    shep wrote:

I'll have to go wherever it is they sell postcards and buy some.

Yes, girl!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    shep wrote:

Yep! I sent one yesterday and will be sending more out tomorrow and next week. Fredericksburg had an old style "five and dime" store that had a ton of old postcards and I picked up a bunch.
  • Options
    shep wrote:

Yep! I sent one yesterday and will be sending more out tomorrow and next week. Fredericksburg had an old style "five and dime" store that had a ton of old postcards and I picked up a bunch.

Get it, Mike! Love this! You're in Fredericksburg? I love that place. Plenty of great crafted beer.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320

Get it, Mike! Love this! You're in Fredericksburg? I love that place. Plenty of great crafted beer.

No I'm in Dallas but went through there last week on a little 3 day trip of the hill country. Went camping & hiking at Pedernales Falls State Park, and went through Fredericksburg, Luckenbach, and a few smaller places. I wish we would have done the original Salt Lick outside Dripping Springs but maybe next time. It's fun to drive on those country roads down there! :D
  • Options
    shep wrote:

Only if you propose to me at a live show with Eddie's blessing. :lol:

:lol:

I took my girlfriend with me to my last eddie show in the fall (i did both austin dates and houston dates)... she actually thought that I was going to do that...

I laughed at her when she brought it up... can't understand why anyone would want to share such an intimate moment in public... but to tease her i always joke that i'm going to propose on the jumbotron at a football/baseball/hockey game... :lol: