Options

**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• Options
    it was about time to have some movement to the SOUTH.... :D:D:D:D
    yes!!! and according to rumors, I am hearing FL might get a few shows... Very exciting~ can't wait for the announcement!! 8-)8-)8-)8-)8-)8-)8-)8-)8-)
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 372
    Woooo! Fingers crossed for Tampa FL! I have to drive an hour to and from for work every day, this would make me soooo happy!
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    I'm just anxious waiting for news that there'll be at least ONE!!! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,030
    justam wrote:
    I'm just anxious waiting for news that there'll be at least ONE!!! :D
    +1
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    bumparoo! hopefully some news early tomorrow morning!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    back to the top!

gonna send another post card today I think...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    Now if we could get the whole band back to Texas..!
  • Options
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,653

yep...but i'll take what i can get!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:

yep...but i'll take what i can get!
  • Options
    I really believe we had plenty to do with this. Let's sell these shows out so the band will come back with ed next time!
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    I really believe we had plenty to do with this. Let's sell these shows out so the band will come back with ed next time!

I am giddy... giggling at my desk, the world is bright and shiny giddy. :D

EV is great, what would make this amazing would be a PJ tour to mirror the EV tour.
  • Options
    I sent the email to my wife and she wrote back and asked if I had jizzed in my pants. I love that girl.
  • Options
    Congrats to those that got the shows...

But when 4 dates in TX, and 4 dates in FL count for a "Southern Tour", well, shit...

I just give up.

NC, SC, GA, AL, MS, TN, KY... aw well... Im still happy for those that finally get to see at least 1/5 of the band without the use of an airplane!

Enjoy...
  • Options

But when 4 dates in TX, and 4 dates in FL count for a "Southern Tour", well, shit...

I just give up.

NC, SC, GA, AL, MS, TN, KY... aw well... Im still happy for those that finally get to see at least 1/5 of the band without the use of an airplane!

Enjoy...

I don't think of it as a southern tour at all. In my ideal world EV is testing the waters for a 2012 Southern tour ...and I intend to do my part to make sure EV knows PJ would be welcomed with open arms.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    good i saw south love :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

ditto ... although apparently, the saying "you can't please everyone" rings true ... :lol:
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

ditto ... although apparently, the saying "you can't please everyone" rings true ... :lol:

To a Greek and a Canadian, I guess the term "South" means something different, like Southern California to Miami, FL.

Here, nobody from Las Vegas says, "Ya, I'm from the South."

just a clarification. Again, congrats to those that get the shows. Luckily, I have my private jet... somewhere... dammit.. I just had it... aw shit, where did it go?
  • Options

I just give up.

Enjoy...

I don't think of it as a southern tour at all. In my ideal world EV is testing the waters for a 2012 Southern tour ...and I intend to do my part to make sure EV knows PJ would be welcomed with open arms.

If you think that Pearl Jam has no way to tell if a multi-million dollar, cross-country tour would be successful/proftable or not, after 20 years of doing it, without first sending Ed out on a multi-million dollar, cross-country tour to "test the waters" as you put it, then I have some very nice beach front property to sell you in AZ.

:lol: Tours are about minimizing costs and maximizing profits. Hence the 4 shows in TX, 4 in FL, etc.

Its the typical PJ Northeast tour model applied to the expansive southern US, where greater distance b/w shows (fuel costs/travel time) in smaller cities equal less profit.

The 2000 and 2003 tours were the last great PJ US tours, and I don't think they'll do it on that scale again. In 10 years they'll just post up at Caesars Palace and play every night for 2 years like Elton John. haha.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    polaris_x wrote:

To a Greek and a Canadian, I guess the term "South" means something different, like Southern California to Miami, FL.

Here, nobody from Las Vegas says, "Ya, I'm from the South."

just a clarification. Again, congrats to those that get the shows. Luckily, I have my private jet... somewhere... dammit.. I just had it... aw shit, where did it go?
    i saw pj once in my country..5 hours train from my hometown...
    the rest 20 times the sortest was 3 hours flight and need a passport..
    aprecaitte what is close to you and i hope you can go..
    there was all this years complains and i understand them about south..
    now there are some states at the south..not all..but more close than boston and chicago or seattle..getting better ,right?
    cant be in every village,cant please all..i hope as many of members can see the shows.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    This is only the second time in a decade that I haven't been upset after a tour announcement. Feels good.
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    This is only the second time in a decade that I haven't been upset after a tour announcement. Feels good.

Congrats man... I know you've paid your dues...
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    ComeToTX wrote:

I almost cried in happiness.
  • Options

I just give up.

Enjoy...

If you think that Pearl Jam has no way to tell if a multi-million dollar, cross-country tour would be successful/proftable or not, after 20 years of doing it, without first sending Ed out on a multi-million dollar, cross-country tour to "test the waters" as you put it, then I have some very nice beach front property to sell you in AZ.

:lol: Tours are about minimizing costs and maximizing profits. Hence the 4 shows in TX, 4 in FL, etc.

Its the typical PJ Northeast tour model applied to the expansive southern US, where greater distance b/w shows (fuel costs/travel time) in smaller cities equal less profit.

The 2000 and 2003 tours were the last great PJ US tours, and I don't think they'll do it on that scale again. In 10 years they'll just post up at Caesars Palace and play every night for 2 years like Elton John. haha.
    Wow...you read way too much into my post. I realize other methods are used to determine where to tour. Thanks for the info though.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    why does pj and ev for that matter only gets to the eastern part of virginia like every 3 to 8 years? 98, 00, 08 EV - never.

what tour routes are there that managers go on?
    because i know big bands that go thru there often.

why haul up and down FL and if they hit DC why not go thru norfolk or virginia beach too?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    My point was that "showing love" doesn't matter. I've tried it.

If you wanna see your band, "show them the money".

Just ask NY.
  • Options
    My point was that "showing love" doesn't matter. I've tried it.

If you wanna see your band, "show them the money".

Just ask NY.

:(
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    ComeToTX wrote:

I almost cried in happiness.

I did cry. :oops:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Enjoy Sweet Ed Southern style! Aposter_woot.gif