Options

**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• Options
    Bump for a PJ tour of the south
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    man, as much as I would love to see Ed, I can't afford to drive 8 hours or so to Florida to see him. Too bad hes not playing NC, SC, GA, TN, or even VA. They are all shorter drives for me than to Tampa or Orlando. Bummer. Have fun all you Texans and Floridians though!
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    EZ1221C wrote:
    man, as much as I would love to see Ed, I can't afford to drive 8 hours or so to Florida to see him. Too bad hes not playing NC, SC, GA, TN, or even VA. They are all shorter drives for me than to Tampa or Orlando. Bummer. Have fun all you Texans and Floridians though!
    :(

and thanks :D
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    I feel a little more encouragement for a return by the full band following today's news. Hopefully you'll all give Ed a massive welcome and remind him what they've been missing. With that in mind............

BUMP!!!!!! :mrgreen:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    luv-ed91luv-ed91 Posts: 215
    EZ1221C wrote:

I think the guys forgot that NC IS part of the south....
    -- If I had known then, what I know now . . .

8/31/98 - Raleigh
    8/4/00 - Charlotte
    4/16/03 - Charlotte
    10/6/04 - Asheville
    6/16/08 - Columbia
    6/20/09 - EV Memphis
  • Options
    THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    Still no love for NC...I am happy that some of the southern states are getting a show. Show Ed how we roll in the south! :D
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    BUMP FOR THE SOUTH :D
  • Options
    Bumpin it!!

Can't wait for the fanviews- hope everyone shows ED that Southun' Hospitalitay!

(That was my bad attempt to type a southern accent.)
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,653
    almost to page 400!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    ComeToTX wrote:
    almost to page 400!

:?
  • Options
    I predict we will be on page 514 when we get a PJ tour
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    I still have a pile of postcards to send for the campaign. 8-)

I'm hoping that if Ed's tour is a good one, the rest of the band will come down later! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    I still have a pile of postcards to send for the campaign. 8-)

I'm hoping that if Ed's tour is a good one, the rest of the band will come down later! :D

Maybe this is just like a test run so in the fall, all of them can come back?
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402

Maybe this is just like a test run so in the fall, all of them can come back?

Could be. We'd better make sure it goes well!! :mrgreen:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    I wouldn't call TX and FL a Southern tour. I mean no Atlanta, no Memphis, no Charlotte, no Greenville...not this fall. the South in my opinion. But, being an election year, hopefully we'll get the full band in ATL later this fall.
  • Options
    Adam R. wrote:
    I wouldn't call TX and FL a Southern tour. I mean no Atlanta, no Memphis, no Charlotte, no Greenville...not this fall. the South in my opinion. But, being an election year, hopefully we'll get the full band in ATL later this fall.

I didn't even think about the fact that it is an election year :|

I hope EV tour is more music than lecture....
  • Options
    Bump: Play the South (NC)
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,030
    play the south (and thank you Ed for coming to FL)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Dates in NC,SC,GA please!
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    EZ1221C wrote:
    Dates in NC,SC,GA please!
    that would be wonderful! :D
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    play the south (and thank you Ed for coming to FL)
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options
    MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Can't decide on whether or not to take a 3 day road trip to Tampa. Could get my aunt or one of my cousins to watch the little ones that night...

Dammit why can't PJ just come back to Atlanta!? :wtf: :wtf:
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    Adam R. wrote:

I agree...Texas is like it's own country...Florida, well it is the south, but I wouldn't call that a tour of the south by any means.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

• Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    smiley-eye-exam-1.gif

Looking forward to Pearl Jam in the South! 8-)

Please Play the South 2012!
  • Options
    Bump for the south...I wonder what Texas city on the EV tour will sell out fastest, and if PJ is going to pick which cities to visit based on EV tickets sales...
  • Options
    2nd page??? Not on my watch ...

BUMP
  • Options
    Bump for the south...I wonder what Texas city on the EV tour will sell out fastest, and if PJ is going to pick which cities to visit based on EV tickets sales...

If PJ dates were based on how fast EV tix sold, they would have played Atlanta in the past couple of years. On his 1st solo tour, the Atlanta show sold out so fast, they added a 2nd night.

Still no PJ in Atlanta since.... :(

Play the south!!!

• Options

I'm gonna go with Austin or Houston. As long as I get my San Antonio ticket, I'll be happy!
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659

I'm gonna go with Austin or Houston. As long as I get my San Antonio ticket, I'll be happy!

Austin will be the first to sell out. Gaurenteed. I would say he'll add a second show their too... The Austin music community is too big for it not to sell out immediately...

I don't think Houston's going to be a tough get... It'll sell out, but probably not immediately. Jones Hall is a fairly big place, well over 2000 seats... If memory serves me correct I think it's around 2800 including the orcestra seating section....

everyone I know is forwarding me bloggers and newspaper articles about it and I would say more than 1/2 of them are shitting on the entire EV solo concept cause they think he's going to show up with just the Uke and run through that entire CD and leave.... if only they knew... but how can you blame them considering it's been 9 years since anything resembling PJ has set foot in this town...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.