**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• shepshep Posts: 5,759
    shep wrote:
    Houston, Dallas, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Atlanta, Charlotte, Tampa, West Palm Beach

sounds like a decent 8 date run.... they can add on 2 shows in Philly at the end to make sure the tour doesn't bankrupt them :roll:

God forbid you leave Boston and New York off the list as well.
    :lol:

Alright, so let's do one show in Philly, one show in Boston, and 2 in New York... that's an even dozen.... and the 4 shows in the northeast will put them in the black after all the money they will lose playing in the barren southern cities...

Are we happy now? or is Chicago going to get angry we left them out too? :P
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Eddie, play Long Nights in Dallas when you bring you solo tour to Texas next year. (Hey, it worked for Hartford) Four years of solo tours and not one stop in or near Texas? :(

C'mon Eddie....we're waiting!!! :wave: Pretty Please!! :D
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    please?
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    Announce deluna!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    bump for the south
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Rory bump
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • themessengerthemessenger Posts: 1,320
    Tour the South please!
    late night bump.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    South Europe Bump :ugeek:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    South Europe Bump :ugeek:
    :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

early morning bump
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Bump bumpity bump
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    1sm201cake2.gif It would be so sweet!

Pretty please with a cherry on top!

PLAY THE SOUTH!
  • pandora wrote:

PLAY THE SOUTH!

I'll even bring cake if you guys come down here!
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    pandora wrote:

PLAY THE SOUTH!

I'll even bring cake if you guys come down here!
    will there be something special in the cake? :wink:
    Going to see Heart & Def Leppard at the Woodlands next month. Really wish it was PJ.

And Incubus' tour hits Houston, Dallas, and Austin. What a concept. Come on PJ - get on it. Tour the south.

If Perry decides to run for president hope the band doesnt punish us yet again. :o :(
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,756
    Better Dan wrote:
    If Perry decides to run for president hope the band doesnt punish us yet again. :o :(

seriously! could he be a bigger moron???
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • themessengerthemessenger Posts: 1,320
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

seriously! could he be a bigger moron???

He's an ass clown. Great politician and campaigner but terrible governor, which means he might have a chance.

Just because our politicians suck here, doesn't mean our musical taste does! Tour the South!
    play the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

While I don't really think the band avoids the south for political reasons, for arguments sake -

If you disagree with the politics of a region and desire a change, wouldn't it make more sense to actively go to that region and voice your different opinion rather than sweep it under the rug and avoid it all together?

Deep down, I just can't fathom the thought that they'd avoid Texas because of politics. That's too immature to be realistic (I hope). Besides, it's such a great opportunity to speak their mind about issues they disagree with (so long as it's kept to a minimun - it's a concert afterall, not a debate). But the between-song banter can be priceless at southern shows. See: Dallas '03 and the WMD folder - a chance to hang out with the band and tear up the town. "No one has the folder?? Don't tell me we can't find the WMD?!" Clever and hilarious way to quickly make your point.

Going to see Heart & Def Leppard at the Woodlands next month. Really wish it was PJ.

And Incubus' tour hits Houston, Dallas, and Austin. What a concept. Come on PJ - get on it. Tour the south.

Sweet man! I'm going to see Def Leppard and Heart too! I'm headed out with a crew of people.... I'm supposed to be organizing group transport... should really get on that...

You on the lawn?

I'm not a big Heart or Def Leppard but for $25 for a ticket and the awesome people watching, it's so worth it... I just love gawking at all the 50 year old rednecks with tight ass blue jeans, mullets down to their assholes, and 1982 tour t-shirts with both sleeves cut off.... it's awesome!
    shep wrote:

Sweet man! I'm going to see Def Leppard and Heart too! I'm headed out with a crew of people.... I'm supposed to be organizing group transport... should really get on that...

You on the lawn?

I'm not a big Heart or Def Leppard but for $25 for a ticket and the awesome people watching, it's so worth it... I just love gawking at all the 50 year old rednecks with tight ass blue jeans, mullets down to their assholes, and 1982 tour t-shirts with both sleeves cut off.... it's awesome!

Haha, yeah I'm expecting a pretty entertaining night of people watching. My girl is a huge Def Leppard fan - loves her 80s hair bands, so this trip is for her. And who knows, maybe I'll enjoy it more than I think. Oh, and we have seats, not on the lawn. Can't recall the section #, but will check when I get home. I believe we're just to the right of the soundboard though, not very close to the pit but not all the way at the back of the covered area.

Also just picked up tickets to the Avett Brothers in Dallas on Oct 14. They kicked so much ass in Houston that I'm already eager to see them again. Man I love it when bands TOUR THE SOUTH.

Also just picked up tickets to the Avett Brothers in Dallas on Oct 14. They kicked so much ass in Houston that I'm already eager to see them again. Man I love it when bands TOUR THE SOUTH.

I might be at that show...haven't picked up tickets yet, but would like to go.
    Better Dan wrote:

I might be at that show...haven't picked up tickets yet, but would like to go.

They're playing Friday (14th) and Saturday (15th). The Saturday show has been sold out for some time I think. I bought the Friday tickets about 3 days ago, so hopefully some will still be available. They put on one of the best shows I've seen. Can't wait to see them again.

• stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    I hear its because the band does not sell out shows here.But ALL the shows I seen down here looks like they are sold out.PLAY THE SOUTH! :geek: TOUR THE SOUTH!! :geek:
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • The wifey and I hit the va beach show a couple of years back. After driving in from NC, getting the motel, and setting up the ride, we hit a few bars before the show. At one, the bartender had like 40 tickets to give away. So I'm not sure they did "sell out". But the place was packed all the way up the hill. Still was a great show. So Just Tour the South and let us all have fun!!!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    655249229c7d3a478c41a1932247b2098bb.gif weeeee!

PLAY THE SOUTH!
    the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com