Options

***Bootleg program for 2009

Comments

• Options
    gems_n_rhinestonesgems_n_rhinestones Harrisburg, PA Posts: 380
    First off, I keep checking this thread along with the Goods section hoping to find out what is going on with the Phili shows. I am perfectly content (ahem) with waiting...as long as my patience is rewarded with something special. In fact, at this point it doesn't even have to be *special* just so long it is SOMETHING. Which brings me to my question, (and i apologize for not really being a bootleg enthusiast-unless they are the shows I've attended) but have there been delays in the past when they have put out DVDs (Cornice,etc) or special live releases (Gorge)? Or has this particular bootleg program not been standard for that long?
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but this is getting a little ridiculous. I think we should at least get some kind of announcement regarding Philly. Just a little something something to tied us over. It doesn't have to be the end all be all message, just something for the meantime. Please! Us, pj fans deserve it. Thanks, if anyone is listening. Later
    Foo4Everlong
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    i dont understand why u dont read and get what kufala wrote.... :roll:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I think the thing is, the last bit of information (which really wasn't exactly very informative) was in December, right? I don't follow this that closely, but i think thats the last update I saw. I don't have a problem with PJ holding a few aces up their sleeves to deliver a really special concert set - they give us fans so much more than most bands do, i think we tend to get spoiled. But at any rate, I agree that it would be good to get an update with some actual information in it - such as "we think the boots from the Philly shows will be ready approximately [ENTER DATE HERE]." If that information has already been shared, then i missed it & feel free to ignore, flame, whatever.
    I was lucky enough to be at Philly4, and i was really pumped to get that boot, but to be honest, life goes on. The longer they wait to release this, the less anxious i am to hear (see?) it again. While that show was very VERY good, i personally enjoyed both Seattle shows a LOT more. At least from the sections in which I was located, the Seattle fans were much more into it (nobody listening to baseball games with ipods). The excitement of Seattle1 (first show after the release of Backspacer & hearing most of the songs from that album played live for the first time) and the raw energy of the band and setlist at Seattle2 were probably the things i'll remember most about the 2009 tour.
    So an update announcement about Philly boots would be nice, but an announcement about North America tour dates in the midwest would be MUCH better :thumbup:
    Wrigley Field (Chicago) 7/19/13, Pacific Coliseum (Vancouver) 9/25/11, ScottTrade Center (St. Louis) 5/4/10, Sprint Center (KC) 5/3/10, Wachovia Spectrum Arena (Philadelphia) - 10/31/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/22/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/21/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/24/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/23/09, Colonial Center (Columbia, SC) - 6/16/08, The Vic Theatre (Chicago) - 8/02/07, Pepsi Center (Denver) - 7/02/06

Actually come to think of it, I just might be a puddle full of detriment.
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,418

Seriously? A vague update at the beginning of December should hold the fans over for God knows how long? :lol: You should know better my friend...you should know better.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    JV130312 wrote:

Seriously? A vague update at the beginning of December should hold the fans over for God knows how long? :lol: You should know better my friend...you should know better.
    pm,
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    smoke20smoke20 Posts: 50
    ok i think that nothing got recorded and they cant face up to it, therefore they should come back give everybody the same tickets and replay the shows, well at least the last show since i was there. kidding. i posted on this link that a reliable source said dvd in late spring/summer that source is matt cord from wmmr who is the pearl jam guru of the east coast. take this for whatever you think its worth.
  • Options
    tallman72tallman72 Posts: 353
    I think its a conspiracy and that there wasnt any philly shows at all. Does anyone actually know anyone that went to a show. :o
  • Options
    dude was right about us being spoiled at times, they don't have to release any material to us. i haven't bought any boots yet, waiting on the phillys. so i probably got another month or three of waitin before i start buying other shows. i too am impatient.
  • Options
    dude was right about us being spoiled at times, they don't have to release any material to us. i haven't bought any boots yet, waiting on the phillys. so i probably got another month or three of waitin before i start buying other shows. i too am impatient.
    buy berlin for keep u buzy till philly
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,616
    tallman72 wrote:
    I think its a conspiracy and that there wasnt any philly shows at all. Does anyone actually know anyone that went to a show. :o

i think i do. ;)
  • Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104
    tallman72 wrote:
    i was there...and it was good! :D
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574

D,

I listened to this boot for the first time today. It is one of the most unbelievable shows I have ever heard. The setlist was fantastic and the energy I heard from Ed was unparalleled. This is definately in my Top 10 boots of all time.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    youngster wrote:

D,

I listened to this boot for the first time today. It is one of the most unbelievable shows I have ever heard. The setlist was fantastic and the energy I heard from Ed was unparalleled. This is definately in my Top 10 boots of all time.
    and really if has the quality of the O2 (O2 is like a studio album) will the best ever.im happy i was into that show and ill again at 30 june in Berlin..and if u want to watch the bootleg..pm me.. 8-);)
  • Options

just checked that setlist again and i agree thats a good one. thanks for the heads up, bout to order it.
  • Options

just checked that setlist again and i agree thats a good one. thanks for the heads up, bout to order it.
    the passion of the band and the crowd is amazing..and setlist ofcourse...
  • Options
    Nittany1bnNittany1bn Near Philadelphia Posts: 214
    i bought berlin too and was dissapointed that angie was only a 40 second tease...anybody that went know if thay played the whole song?
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Nittany1bn wrote:
    i bought berlin too and was dissapointed that angie was only a 40 second tease...anybody that went know if thay played the whole song?

I wasn't there but I know what you mean. It had it all and he stopped right before the best part. A big letdown but it's still a great boot.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    youngster wrote:
    Nittany1bn wrote:

I wasn't there but I know what you mean. It had it all and he stopped right before the best part. A big letdown but it's still a great boot.
    i was in the show,i guess was for Daniel the guy was injure at 15-7-07 at Venice festival..they one was cancel couse a storm..one of the worst day of my life!!!so dissapoint that day...i was searching my sister in the venice hospital,couse we lost in the venue..,her mobile didnt work,and i didnt know if she was ok,,shitty day
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    sigh.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    If I order a CD boot am I able to download it as well, like in 2003? I don't remember how they did it last year, if I could download an ordered show or not.
  • Options
    If I order a CD boot am I able to download it as well, like in 2003? I don't remember how they did it last year, if I could download an ordered show or not.
    no.
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,418
    0,0,311,3047,516,398,456e8310.jpg

townsend-300.jpg
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options

Those kick ass 64kbps mp3 downloads? That would of been sweet if they did for user's who purchased the '08 & '09 cd's. Someday o' someday the '05's & '06's will make it's way on CD.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Those kick ass 64kbps mp3 downloads? That would of been sweet if they did for user's who purchased the '08 & '09 cd's. Someday o' someday the '05's & '06's will make it's way on CD.
    im guessing this will happen!!!!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

I hope so. Especially some Halifax '05 loving. I'll even take vinyl if there's no CD pressing of that show. Even True-HD Bluray or 64 Bit DVD-Audio. Something! :ugeek:
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Will never happen. PJ didn't offer CD boots for 5 years (2003 - 2008) and I think the only reason they started again is because they found a company that will burn-to-order.

The majority of kids these days want their music delivered digitally; record sales have shown us that. Studies have also shown that only old people (which I guess includes myself) buy CDs as opposed to digital downloads.
  • Options
    I just looked and I still have all 64 2003 shows in the downloadable fashion. Total size for all those shows: 4.07 GB. :lol:
  • Options
    Will never happen. PJ didn't offer CD boots for 5 years (2003 - 2008) and I think the only reason they started again is because they found a company that will burn-to-order.

The majority of kids these days want their music delivered digitally; record sales have shown us that. Studies have also shown that only old people (which I guess includes myself) buy CDs as opposed to digital downloads.
    never say never... 8-)