Australia/New Zealand tour

Comments

• zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    DonJon wrote:
    Good work team. The ball is starting to roll.

Good info everyone lets keep it going. Those Chch - Syd Emirates look the go as well.

Re Syd - Perth!! There are happy hour flights at the mo for 159 with VB at lunchtime on the Thurs...get over a couple of days earlier. Same on the friday 13th. OzJammer??

emirites friday arvo flight back to aus from nz??? what do you think - spoke to zig, she's keen for a week over there

if we do that, we need to figure out who wants to book and get some $ transfers happening so their c/card doesnt melt
    impatience is a gift ........
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Jimbo --- 4.40pm flight sold out --- now looking at 7pm flight --- it was either that or 6.30am Saturday after Auckland concert on Friday night --- and fuck that! DonJon doing it now or soonish....I will let you know!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Random_WookieRandom_Wookie Posts: 1,097
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Jimbo --- 4.40pm flight sold out --- now looking at 7pm flight --- it was either that or 6.30am Saturday after Auckland concert on Friday night --- and fuck that! DonJon doing it now or soonish....I will let you know!

come on party all night then crawl onto the plane!
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
    ZiggyStar wrote:

slight change of plan - im booking for us ... just waiting on email with everyones details - will post again once the deed is done
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Jo wrote:
    We will see you at the concert , being a Migit, fighting Ziggy for Eddies' lap.

1. It's miDgEt
    2. I'm not fighting you
    3. Are you drunk?

You are sooooo cool. How did you know I was drunk??? hee hee
    Sorry, I will try not to do that again. :oops:
    Thanks for the spelling tip and I'm not a fighter anyway so maybe we could just take turns getting thrown at Ed.
  • Don't forget I'll be in Christchurch early :D so I'll be rearing to party saturday night :twisted:
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    I could not think of a worse job than being a travel agent....

Yep Zenith is booking the $39 Ack - Chc at 6 getting in at 8.50pm. We missed the earlier ones sorry Jim

OzJammer Ive just book you and I Syd-Prth on Thurs morn for $200 each including everything - we missed those $170 ones but as you said we've got the day over there now. We'll just hassle Kylie for an extra day :lol:

Fuck ya gotta be quick these days
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    zenith wrote:
    DonJon wrote:
    Good work team. The ball is starting to roll.

Good info everyone lets keep it going. Those Chch - Syd Emirates look the go as well.

Re Syd - Perth!! There are happy hour flights at the mo for 159 with VB at lunchtime on the Thurs...get over a couple of days earlier. Same on the friday 13th. OzJammer??

emirites friday arvo flight back to aus from nz??? what do you think - spoke to zig, she's keen for a week over there

if we do that, we need to figure out who wants to book and get some $ transfers happening so their c/card doesnt melt

Can we hold this one for a day or two???? I gotta suss it out with the boss if I can do the FULL week
    Jo wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Jo wrote:
    We will see you at the concert , being a Migit, fighting Ziggy for Eddies' lap.

1. It's miDgEt
    2. I'm not fighting you
    3. Are you drunk?

You are sooooo cool. How did you know I was drunk??? hee hee
    Sorry, I will try not to do that again. :oops:
    Thanks for the spelling tip and I'm not a fighter anyway so maybe we could just take turns getting thrown at Ed.

1. I know I'm cool
    2. Never apologise to me for being drunk
    3. Why am I writing everything to you in numbered lists?
    Don't forget I'll be in Christchurch early :D so I'll be rearing to party saturday night :twisted:

We'll drink on the plane and beforehand so we are at your level when we arrive late sat night 8-)
    DonJon wrote:

Can we hold this one for a day or two???? I gotta suss it out with the boss if I can do the FULL week

Yep! Happy to hold off until you know. Then I'll book the Brisbane - Auck or Bris - Syd - Auck in early September when Lindy knows about her exams.
    DonJon wrote:
    Don't forget I'll be in Christchurch early :D so I'll be rearing to party saturday night :twisted:

We'll drink on the plane and beforehand so we are at your level when we arrive late sat night 8-)

8-)
    Lindy -- DonJon

What was the flight number of the flight we just booked from Auck to Chch? Jim needs it.
  • NossieNossie Posts: 1,039
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    So when's the album out here? 17th or 18th?

Hey Zigg...

The album is (supposedly) coming out here on the 17th... there is some strange connection cause the tickets went on sale on the 17th, the album is released on the 17th and the concert (here in Adelaide) is on the 17th.... we like to think that's a lucky sign!! ;D :lol:
    When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do...

Pearl Jam - Adelaide: 1995, 1998, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo - Adelaide: 27th & 28th March 2011, Melbourne 16th 2014
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Lindy -- DonJon

What was the flight number of the flight we just booked from Auck to Chch? Jim needs it.

jst txtd you

bloody donjon has me all worried about the luggage weight now :?

and yea, i dont mind holding off on the flight over for a while - i just emailed the exam office to nag them about dates and if i can swap locations after the dates are released - i hope pearl jam do realise the dramas they are causing :|
    Nossie wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Hey Zigg...

The album is (supposedly) coming out here on the 17th... there is some strange connection cause the tickets went on sale on the 17th, the album is released on the 17th and the concert (here in Adelaide) is on the 17th.... we like to think that's a lucky sign!! ;D :lol:

Ahhh! So it's the 17th! Thanks! :D I'm considering taking the day off work that day. So it better be fucking good or I'll be angry! ;)
  • Random_WookieRandom_Wookie Posts: 1,097
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Nossie wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Hey Zigg...

Ahhh! So it's the 17th! Thanks! :D I'm considering taking the day off work that day. So it better be fucking good or I'll be angry! ;)

i'll be working from home that day! w00t only 30 days to go till new album
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
    zenith wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Lindy -- DonJon

jst txtd you

bloody donjon has me all worried about the luggage weight now :?

and yea, i dont mind holding off on the flight over for a while - i just emailed the exam office to nag them about dates and if i can swap locations after the dates are released - i hope pearl jam do realise the dramas they are causing :|

8-)

I dont know how to explain it hahaha....90% of people carry some form of luggage ON the plane with them and you have to pay and extra $8 or $10 bucks.

Your suitcase is free that goes under the plane then yoou pay and extra 10 to take your bacbpack on and put it in the cabin above your head. All the 'sale fares' for say $29 dont include carry on luggae so you tick the box to pay an extra $8 or $10 to do so.

Capish? :?
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Nossie wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Hey Zigg...

Gives ya warm fuzzies knowing it's being officially released here before in the States (sorry guys!!). I'm still hoping (and crossing everything) the night of the concert will bring something amazing (i'm gonna meet Ed & the boys - 8-):lol: ) Never know... lol wishful thinking - but when you wish upon a star... (or a coincidental date... meh - i'll take what i can get!! :D)

• gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    Nossie wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Hey Zigg...

on PJ.com

Scheduled for release in Australia and New Zealand on Friday, 18 September, the band‘s ninth studio album, Backspacer, will be available in both countries before the rest of the world. The first single, The Fixer, went to Australian radio on 21 July and was the No. 1 most added song to radio that week.

So my guess is it's released on the 18th
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
    Nossie wrote:
    but when you wish upon a star... (or a coincidental date... meh - i'll take what i can get!! :D)

lol :D
  • ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    The cheaper fares DO include carry on luggage like backpacks etc that go with you overhead.

The extra $10 is if you need to take a big suitcase up to 20kg. So if you only have a backpack that you can take on the plane with you, choose the cheaper one.

If you need to take a heap of shit like I will, and you need to use a suitcase which will go under the plane, select the extra baggage one.

Or have I just confused everything??
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
    ozpjman wrote:
    The cheaper fares DO include carry on luggage like backpacks etc that go with you overhead.

The extra $10 is if you need to take a big suitcase up to 20kg. So if you only have a backpack that you can take on the plane with you, choose the cheaper one.

If you need to take a heap of shit like I will, and you need to use a suitcase which will go under the plane, select the extra baggage one.

Look, doesn't matter about the baggage etc......if we can't take extra baggage or whatever we'll just wear all our clothes in one hit on the plane. We won't care after a few beers! :D

What's important is have you booked yet?
    DonJon wrote:
    zenith wrote:
    8-)

I dont know how to explain it hahaha....90% of people carry some form of luggage ON the plane with them and you have to pay and extra $8 or $10 bucks.

Your suitcase is free that goes under the plane then yoou pay and extra 10 to take your bacbpack on and put it in the cabin above your head. All the 'sale fares' for say $29 dont include carry on luggae so you tick the box to pay an extra $8 or $10 to do so.

Capish? :?

nope :?

i always understood it as 'carry on only' for the cheapie fares - meaning you can only take carry on bags that are 10kgs or under and the size dimensions they set - nothing that needs to be checked in tho

but regardless ... we get 20kgs of luggage in the planes belly, and the carry on deal - thats the way read it ... now stop making me so parinoid
    gvn2fly12 wrote:

on PJ.com

Scheduled for release in Australia and New Zealand on Friday, 18 September, the band‘s ninth studio album, Backspacer, will be available in both countries before the rest of the world. The first single, The Fixer, went to Australian radio on 21 July and was the No. 1 most added song to radio that week.

Ohhhhh.....so Nossie was trying to make me take the wrong day off work, was she!!! ;)

Thanks gvn2fly12!
  • gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    gvn2fly12 wrote:

on PJ.com

Ohhhhh.....so Nossie was trying to make me take the wrong day off work, was she!!! ;)

Thanks gvn2fly12!

I booked off the 18 already, so they better not change the date on me, or I will not be happy
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    gvn2fly12 wrote:

on PJ.com

Thanks gvn2fly12!

Nope nope, i promise - i saw it advertised somewhere... i'll find it and post it when i do... cause we all commented on the date's being the same... hmm... a snooping we will go... :geek:

gvn2fly12 wrote:

I booked off the 18 already, so they better not change the date on me, or I will not be happy

Ohhhh I think you're the guy who gave me the idea, actually!
    Lindy, you didn't select seats for us, did you? Jim just asked. He's booking now.
  • ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    ozpjman wrote:

Look, doesn't matter about the baggage etc......if we can't take extra baggage or whatever we'll just wear all our clothes in one hit on the plane. We won't care after a few beers! :D

What's important is have you booked yet?

I am now booked, but feel guilty for not getting the carbon offset haha

Now I just have to find a way to tell the wife that I booked NZ when she thought I hadnt.....
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
This discussion has been closed.