Options

Australia/New Zealand tour

Comments

• Options
    so who's ready for the first mosh pit in 10 years?
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392

you don't get out much do you? if it's been ten years since you were in a mosh.

:lol:
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    pn262980pn262980 Posts: 67
    edited August 2009
    Can someone explain how the ticketing system via 10c works pls.
    I have been a member for a few yrs, but am new to posting.
    I just don't want to miss out as tickets are already available online with other agencies.
    - sorry so new at posting I didn't realise that there was 43 pages of conversation- my bad
    Post edited by pn262980 on
  • Options
    pn262980 wrote:
    Can someone explain how the ticketing system via 10c works pls.
    I have been a member for a few yrs, but am new to posting.
    I just don't want to miss out as tickets are already available online with other agencies.

http://www.pearljam.com/ten-club/tickets
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:

Welcome Kylie. Gee you probably read some dribble on your way through but you are now armed with the same info as most here....which aint too much BUT we know they are def coming on certain dates

You guys thoroughly deserved a concert/tour. Im definitely heading over for both and reckon the atmosphere has the potential to be the best on tour.

Reckon you could provide some sun over there for a few days as opposed :lol: to fog?

Thanks mate - haha yeah I'm sure we can turn it on in Nov its usually a great time of year. Dont wanna make people jealous much but we live a 2 min walk from the stadium YEEHAAA! I'm still buzzing after the official announcement on the weekend, never thought I'd get the chance to see them live.

Don't wanna make YOU jealous much but I'm seeing them in Berlin and San Francisco this month! YEEHAA!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Welcome to the pit. And I do wish I was going to NZ, I used to live in chch when I was little and am dying to go back, will just have to settle for Europe, States and Aus i guess :roll: :lol:

if nothing is everything i would have it all
  • Options
    thank you
    that's the info I was after,I'm not very computer savvy, but I'm going to learn very quickly how to book cheap air flights & accom for all the concerts (except perth) :D
  • Options
    I hope to God there is something here in the morning or I get an email.
    I have not sleep properly since the website made the tour announcement on Sunday.
    I really need to book flights and get organised.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited but need to know when tix will go on sale.

PLEASE LET THERE BE SOMETHING ON THE WEBSITE IN THE MORNING.
    I know I was born
    I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
  • Options
    I have not sleep properly since the website made the tour announcement on Sunday.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited but need to know when tix will go on sale.

ditto that
    I've just taken a redraw on my mortgage so I can achieve something that I'd never thought I'd do- become an old(er) age groupy. :lol:
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:

Welcome Kylie. Gee you probably read some dribble on your way through but you are now armed with the same info as most here....which aint too much BUT we know they are def coming on certain dates

You guys thoroughly deserved a concert/tour. Im definitely heading over for both and reckon the atmosphere has the potential to be the best on tour.

Reckon you could provide some sun over there for a few days as opposed :lol: to fog?

Thanks mate - haha yeah I'm sure we can turn it on in Nov its usually a great time of year. Dont wanna make people jealous much but we live a 2 min walk from the stadium YEEHAAA! I'm still buzzing after the official announcement on the weekend, never thought I'd get the chance to see them live.

Don't wanna make YOU jealous much but I'm seeing them in Berlin and San Francisco this month! YEEHAA!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Welcome to the pit. And I do wish I was going to NZ, I used to live in chch when I was little and am dying to go back, will just have to settle for Europe, States and Aus i guess :roll: :lol:

OUCH! You got me. Gawd wish I could follow them around the world!!! Have fun!!!
  • Options
    Not me :cry: I've ended up squashed, battling to breath and black n blue, from the mosh pits I've been in the last few years :( It sucks :(
    Beside being small, I'm getting too old for that shit! :oops: :(
  • Options
    I'm getting too old for that shit! :oops: :(

waaaaaayyyy too old.

did you manage to get a day pass from the nursing home?
  • Options
    zezitozezito Posts: 164
    Not me :cry: I've ended up squashed, battling to breath and black n blue, from the mosh pits I've been in the last few years :( It sucks :(

It sucks being small there, same problem here!
    But looks like we'll get early entry, there will be a bunch of nice people around you taking care and making sure that no one get squashed!
    "...take care of a couple of requests...one is from last night...I don't know if you are here again tonight...this first one...I'm not gonna tell you!"
    EV Adelaide 22-11-2006 ... yep I was there ... THANKS!
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702

Same here. I was thinking of taking in one of those old person's walking frames which have a seat on them.. so I've got something to sit on when my poor old legs get tired. ;)
  • Options
    GotMyLeashGotMyLeash Posts: 129
    Went to Kings of Leon this year and it was GA on the floor, fuck me it was mental!!
    Ben, the two of us need look no more

Nothing changes...torture then reward
    torture then reward...torture then reward,
    follows torture...follows reward....

• Options
    zezitozezito Posts: 164
    GotMyLeash wrote:
    Went to Kings of Leon this year and it was GA on the floor, fuck me it was mental!!

Been to Iron Maiden front row, Metallica, even Sepultura but Rage at the BDO and the side concerts... that was mental!
    "...take care of a couple of requests...one is from last night...I don't know if you are here again tonight...this first one...I'm not gonna tell you!"
    EV Adelaide 22-11-2006 ... yep I was there ... THANKS!
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    GotMyLeash wrote:

I don't think it would be like that for Pearl Jam though....do you?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    meshellmeshell Posts: 52

me...... me..... *jumps around waving arms* :lol: sorry to but in... got excited :roll:
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    It still surprises me that they are doing a GA show...
  • Options
    pn262980 wrote:

ditto that
    I've just taken a redraw on my mortgage so I can achieve something that I'd never thought I'd do- become an old(er) age groupy. :lol:

ditto on the old(er) age groupy
    :lol:
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    I have done Sepultura, Pantera, Chili Peppers (blood suga tour) and a few others front row and agree that nothing was as crazy as Rage at BDO and side shows
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    meshell wrote:

me...... me..... *jumps around waving arms* :lol: sorry to but in... got excited :roll:

actually first pj mosh.... yep i got bruises at kol
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    GotMyLeash wrote:

You wanna bet!!

• Options
    GotMyLeash wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    GotMyLeash wrote:

You wanna bet!!

Fuck.....realllly? :?
  • Options
    I'm getting too old for that shit! :oops: :(

waaaaaayyyy too old.

did you manage to get a day pass from the nursing home?
    Not as yet....but I will, don't you worry.

Hey? Can my beaver sit on your shoulders again? :lol:
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421

sheesh you guys dont go to many concerts do you? All club gigs and most larger rock concerts have a mosh pit - get out much? :lol:
  • Options

The KOL show was a young crowd and they went off. I was 2nd row mixed with a bunch of 16/17 girls who were shit scared!! We had wankers push in from down the back knocking into the girls.

• Options
    GotMyLeash wrote:

The KOL show was a young crowd and they went off. I was 2nd row mixed with a bunch of 16/17 girls who were shit scared!! We had wankers push in from down the back knocking into the girls.

Exactly.....they were young. I don't think a PJ crowd would go off too much. Not to the extent of going home covered in bruises etc. Sure, there are going to be tools....but I'm talking about the crowd as a whole.
  • Options
    your move nowyour move now Posts: 1,165
    I dont know. I think PJ are pretty multi-generational
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    GotMyLeash wrote:

kings of leon was one of the tamest crowds i have been in
    fucken sydney crowds! they were lively for 2 songs at the first sydney show, and i bet you can guess the songs

or maybe they were lively but i was to crushed to the barrier by thousands of screaming teenagers who only knew the lyrics to those 2 songs :roll:

Metallica at Big day out and Audioslave at the hordern were pretty rough and interesting crowds
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I don't think a PJ crowd would go off too much. Not to the extent of going home covered in bruises etc. Sure, there are going to be tools....but I'm talking about the crowd as a whole.

it all depends on where you want to be.

if it's your goal to hang onto the barrier all night, expect to go home a little sore. if you are happy standing back out of it a bit, you'll be fine.

every G.A show i've been too i normally just hang up the back a bit, depending on the size of venue, but normally you know 10-15 metres from the stage and too the side a bit and it's always fine. but even back a bit, when the band comes on there is always that surge of people moving to the front.
This discussion has been closed.