Options

Australia/New Zealand tour

Comments

• Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    I think we are in Auck only two nights and the first we dont get there till 830pm from memory.....so I envisage somewhere average here....bed, shower and tv with a roof :lol:

Chch we are gonna do service apartment for 4-6 nights. YAY. If you're cool enough we may invite you over for a bbq and piss up one night but only if you're cool 8-)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Question for the computer geeks...

I have a laptop -- 2 months old or so. Just rang the hotel I'm staying at in Brisbane to see if they have internet access and she said they do have wireless internet access to the rooms. At home and at work I just plug the little cord into the side of my laptop. Do I need to get a wireless receiver or something for it work with wireless access?
    You will have to get thier WEP code to use it.

I was at the Bri int. airport today (I do some work inside terminal) you can get 3L of sprits and 6 bottles of wine going into NZ and only 2.25L of alc.comming into Oz.

hope that helps with duty free ;)
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    DonJon wrote:
    I think we are in Auck only two nights and the first we dont get there till 830pm from memory.....so I envisage somewhere average here....bed, shower and tv with a roof :lol:

Chch we are gonna do service apartment for 4-6 nights. YAY. If you're cool enough we may invite you over for a bbq and piss up one night but only if you're cool 8-)

You never know......there are 5 of us so a decent apartment in Auckland similar to what we have in Brisbane and will get for Christchurch may work out pretty cheaply for us.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    i wanna have somewhere nice so ed and the boys feel at home in my room after the show.
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:
    Astor apartments in Brisso look ok. Thats the sorta place we wanna get for NZ kids

Two rooms - separation from females 8-)
    Balcony - beer, sun and joints :shock:
    Pool - well there is no beach so... :D
    Kitchen - late night tequilas and food + bacon and eggs rolls for brekkie
    Laundry - will be needing that. Concert and daily exercise - thats two sweet filled bits of clothing each day

I stayed there for PJ in 2003 and 2006 and another time as well. Nice and comfy! 8-)

Two rooms will work out perfectly.....I'll have one bedroom, Lindy has the other and you and Rob are on the lounge! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Question for the computer geeks...

I have a laptop -- 2 months old or so. Just rang the hotel I'm staying at in Brisbane to see if they have internet access and she said they do have wireless internet access to the rooms. At home and at work I just plug the little cord into the side of my laptop. Do I need to get a wireless receiver or something for it work with wireless access?
    You will have to get thier WEP code to use it.

I was at the Bri int. airport today (I do some work inside terminal) you can get 3L of sprits and 6 bottles of wine going into NZ and only 2.25L of alc.comming into Oz.

hope that helps with duty free ;)

plug the little cord into the side??? what cord?? your ethernet cord? if it has an internal modum youll be sweet

and fc - how does the like of maccas work then ?? they just have public access wi-fi?
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    DonJon wrote:
    Astor apartments in Brisso look ok. Thats the sorta place we wanna get for NZ kids

Two rooms - separation from females 8-)
    Balcony - beer, sun and joints :shock:
    Pool - well there is no beach so... :D
    Kitchen - late night tequilas and food + bacon and eggs rolls for brekkie
    Laundry - will be needing that. Concert and daily exercise - thats two sweet filled bits of clothing each day

I stayed there for PJ in 2003 and 2006 and another time as well. Nice and comfy! 8-)

Two rooms will work out perfectly.....I'll have one bedroom, Lindy has the other and you and Rob are on the lounge! :mrgreen:

and ppfffttt ... separation from females .... dont they want the bathroom to smell nice???
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    DonJon wrote:

You never know......there are 5 of us so a decent apartment in Auckland similar to what we have in Brisbane and will get for Christchurch may work out pretty cheaply for us.

Indeed it may
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    my inability to turn one of my songs off before it's finished incase it jinxes the song is becoming a problem. yesterday on my way home from work i got off the motorway to go to the supermarket and black started and i knew i'd have to sit in the carpark for 5 mins waiting for it to finish... so i drove past the supermarket, got back on the motorway and went to a different supermarket.

*twitch*

i say this because i was just about to go away from my computer to wash my face and black started :roll:

THEY HAD BETTER PLAY BLACK FOR ME IN AUCKLAND!!!! I'm doing a lot of driving around to prevent it being turned off mid-song.
  • Options
    zenith wrote:
    and fc - how does the like of maccas work then ?? they just have public access wi-fi?
    I don't know do you have to pay for it?
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    Christchurch 2009

• Options
    zenith wrote:

nope, it's just free wireless. rock in, connect using wireless on your laptop, iphone, Ds, whatever. no password needed just auto connects

alot of places now have free wireless, Wow sight and sound do, every maccas, even like at the shops like chermside or carindale, EB games stores, a whole shopping centre i was at in melbourne, most hotels.

i want to move next door to a maccas, not just for the food but free internet.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    zenith wrote:

nope, it's just free wireless. rock in, connect using wireless on your laptop, iphone, Ds, whatever. no password needed just auto connects

alot of places now have free wireless, Wow sight and sound do, every maccas, even like at the shops like chermside or carindale, EB games stores, a whole shopping centre i was at in melbourne, most hotels.

i want to move next door to a maccas, not just for the food but free internet.
    cool didn't know that. thanks fish. at the motels I stay at when I'm away you have to pay. but they are cheep motels so's I can spend more on piss ;)
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    Christchurch 2009

• Options
    doompony wrote:
    i wanna stay somewhere fancy in aucks. i always have to go budget because of cheap friends, but fuck them. FANCY!!!

maybe a Fancy Campsite :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Have there been any venues organised for post-gig drinks in Auckland or Christchurch? Knowing this information would be handy when looking for accommodation.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Have there been any venues organised for post-gig drinks in Auckland or Christchurch? Knowing this information would be handy when looking for accommodation.
    Stay in the CBD for Auckland. The venue isn't that close, but I think you can catch a train there easy. Christchurch is not that big, so I wouldn't worry to much, just stay central.
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Stay in the CBD for Auckland. The venue isn't that close, but I think you can catch a train there easy. Christchurch is not that big, so I wouldn't worry to much, just stay central.

Thanks! Any recommendations for places to stay in Auckland or Christchurch? There will be 5 of us....it may be be cheaper for us to get a 2 bedroom apartment as opposed to standard hotel rooms.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Thanks! Any recommendations for places to stay in Auckland or Christchurch? There will be 5 of us....it may be be cheaper for us to get a 2 bedroom apartment as opposed to standard hotel rooms.
    No idea, sorry!
  • Options
    Liam Finn & EJ song played at the end of United States of Tara -- Second Chance -- I love the performance on Letterman of that song!
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Lead Balloon is better live than Second Chance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMKo5aPyjNM
  • Options
    I know you guys must be getting sick of me doing this but it makes my day.

..........75 sleeps till Adelaide.....................
    ..........80 sleeps till Sydney......................
    ..........83 sleeps till Brisbane....................

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    I know I was born
    I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
  • Options
    I know you guys must be getting sick of me doing this but it makes my day.

..........75 sleeps till Adelaide.....................
    ..........80 sleeps till Sydney......................
    ..........83 sleeps till Brisbane....................

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

nah it reminds me of how close, yet how far away the concerts are, 78 till melbourne!!! w00t

TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016