• ereeper1ereeper1 Posts: 233
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Indy 2000
    Detroit2 2003
    Indy 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
  • PearlJamPatriotPearlJamPatriot Posts: 2,426
    phew this is tough....

5. Hartford 2008 - I listen to this show the most out of all of my boots... It has many of my favorite songs and it was (imo) the best of the 08 tour.

4. Irving Plaza 2006 - Just a special night all around. Being within 10 feet of the band and I'll never forget the dude who jumped during State of Love & Trust.

3. Saratoga 2000 - 1st PJ show, In My Tree played perfectly.

2. Buffalo, 2003 - First time I traveled more than 5 hours to see PJ and they made it well worth it... 3rd show for me ever and it was glorious!

1. Mansfield 3, 2003 - Speaks for itself like someone else stated...
    I was at Saratoga 2000 too, I enjoyed that show as well.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• No particular order:

Borgata 2 05 (first show and i was 6th row dead center pit)
    Bonnaroo 08 ('nuff said...made it on the roo dvd during betterman)
    Hartford '08 (took my bro to his first show; my 10th - prolly one of greatest setlists ive heard/seen live w/smile and fuckin up in the same encore)
    MSG II '08 (got setlist, took pics of olsen twins 2 rows in front of us, rocked out w/their bodyguard, and hearing release and black diamond was sweeet)
    East Rutherford II '06 (took friend to her first PJ show, got to hear rats for first time - never forget)
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • touringfantouringfan Posts: 568
    1. Atlanta 2 - 94
    2. Randalls 2 - 96

All others are disstant thirds but these are some that come to mind.

The Vic
    MSGs 98
    MSG 03
    MSG 2 - 08
    Showbox 2 - 2002
    House of Blues Orlando - 03
    Borgata 1 & 2
    Irving Plaza
    Vote for change tour all of them becasue of the crazy venues.
    Ottawa 2005
    Spectrum
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • bosshogg18bosshogg18 Posts: 1,094
    Sorry, but ended up being a mini novel. Those who don't want to read the entire post, my favorites were:
    1. Showbox 2004
    2. Seattle II 1998
    3. Gorge 2005
    4. Calgary 2005
    5. Kansas City 2003

Showbox-9/24/04: This was without a doubt the best and worst show I have been to. I was one of the first people in the door, so I ran across the floor to the barricade that was right in front of Jeff (thought this would be a great place since Eddie and Mike are my favorite members of the band that I would split the difference). This was the first time I have been front row and quite possibly the last. It was amazing being that close and having the band make eye contact with you and smile when you really got into the show. Also Eddie gave a bottle of water to a girl next to me since we were all so dehydrated. She took a drink and then she let me have a pull under the condition I give the bottle back to her. The downside was that I got picks from both Eddie and Jeff. Awesome right? WRONG!!! When I left the show I reached into my pocket to look at the picks in the light and they were gone. Somehow they fell out of my pocket during the show from jumping around and what not. Now whenever I get a pick at a show I put it in the credit card part of my wallet. I still wish I could get that close again so I could get at least a chance at a pick or two again.

Seattle-7/22/98: This was my first PJ show at Memorial Stadium. This show was attended before I even knew what 10C was, but it was okay since it was G.A. At the time I liked Pearl Jam, but I was not “obsessed” like I am now, so when I got to the show I sat in the stands just enjoying myself and listening to the music and not worrying about being close. It actually was my girlfriend at the time who mentioned that we should try to get closer. I think we got within 5 rows of the stage and that is when I instantly got hooked on PJ live. I joined 10C shortly after. This show had an awesome setlist and even Eddie mentioned how much better the crowd was than the night before.

Gorge-9/1/05: This was the first of three times to ever see PJ at the Gorge and I was like a kid on Christmas morning. Starting the show off with an acoustic set at the same time as the sun went down behind the Columbia River. I can’t explain the beauty of the Gorge and the best band in the world playing as a soundtrack. Those who were there know what I am talking about. I brought a buddy of mine who went to the same high school as Andy Wood, so he was stoked when they busted out Crown of Thorns. This show may have moved up a spot had Tom Petty shown up, but a great show nonetheless.

Calgary-9/4/05: This show was stop two of my mini-Canadian tour I took that year. When we arrived at our hotel in Calgary we unpacked and decided to go downstairs to get something to eat before we hit the show. The hotel restaurant was really expensive so we decided to go elsewhere. BAD CHOICE!!! If we had eaten there, I would have gotten to meet Eddie. After we got done with dinner, we came back to the hotel to grab our things to go to the show. There was this guy in the elevator that looked as if he had seen a ghost. I asked him what was wrong and without speaking, he showed me a signed piece of paper with Eddie’s signature on it. I asked him if was here and he replied about 10 minutes ago. I ran out of the elevator to see if he was still around but an employee of the hotel mentioned he had just left. I thought they may be staying at the hotel, but it turned out the Supersuckers were, but not PJ. Oh yeah, the show. The crowd was awesome. Almost like a European crowd with the chanting. Eddie even changed the lyrics during Evolution to point out the people up top in the “Canadian Zone,” the Molson sponsored beer garden. Also 6th row center was a nice touch as well.

Kansas City-6/12/03: This show is infamous as “The Rain Show.” The band came out about an hour later than usual due to a torrential downpour. Standing about 15 rows back, I couldn’t have been anymore wet than if I had jumped in a lake with my clothes on. The band really appreciated the crowd sticking out the rough weather and the energy was intense. The downside was that the show was about 4 songs shorter than the average.
  • LukinFan wrote:
    1. Bonnaroo (Unbelievably good time- Stone side in the Pit)
    2. Kissimmee, FL 2004 (Killer Setlist, Long Show, Just a great time)
    3. Ft. Lauderdale, FL (First Show)
    4. Atlanta, GA 2003 (Incredible Setlist)
    5. Birmingham, AL 1998 (3 Row!)

roger, i didnt know u were on stone's side in the pit? i was tooooo but way in the back of the pit lol
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    bosshogg18 wrote:
    Sorry, but ended up being a mini novel. Those who don't want to read the entire post, my favorites were:
    1. Showbox 2004
    2. Seattle II 1998
    3. Gorge 2005
    4. Calgary 2005
    5. Kansas City 2003

Showbox-9/24/04: This was without a doubt the best and worst show I have been to. I was one of the first people in the door, so I ran across the floor to the barricade that was right in front of Jeff (thought this would be a great place since Eddie and Mike are my favorite members of the band that I would split the difference). This was the first time I have been front row and quite possibly the last. It was amazing being that close and having the band make eye contact with you and smile when you really got into the show. Also Eddie gave a bottle of water to a girl next to me since we were all so dehydrated. She took a drink and then she let me have a pull under the condition I give the bottle back to her. The downside was that I got picks from both Eddie and Jeff. Awesome right? WRONG!!! When I left the show I reached into my pocket to look at the picks in the light and they were gone. Somehow they fell out of my pocket during the show from jumping around and what not. Now whenever I get a pick at a show I put it in the credit card part of my wallet. I still wish I could get that close again so I could get at least a chance at a pick or two again.

Seattle-7/22/98: This was my first PJ show at Memorial Stadium. This show was attended before I even knew what 10C was, but it was okay since it was G.A. At the time I liked Pearl Jam, but I was not “obsessed” like I am now, so when I got to the show I sat in the stands just enjoying myself and listening to the music and not worrying about being close. It actually was my girlfriend at the time who mentioned that we should try to get closer. I think we got within 5 rows of the stage and that is when I instantly got hooked on PJ live. I joined 10C shortly after. This show had an awesome setlist and even Eddie mentioned how much better the crowd was than the night before.

Gorge-9/1/05: This was the first of three times to ever see PJ at the Gorge and I was like a kid on Christmas morning. Starting the show off with an acoustic set at the same time as the sun went down behind the Columbia River. I can’t explain the beauty of the Gorge and the best band in the world playing as a soundtrack. Those who were there know what I am talking about. I brought a buddy of mine who went to the same high school as Andy Wood, so he was stoked when they busted out Crown of Thorns. This show may have moved up a spot had Tom Petty shown up, but a great show nonetheless.

Calgary-9/4/05: This show was stop two of my mini-Canadian tour I took that year. When we arrived at our hotel in Calgary we unpacked and decided to go downstairs to get something to eat before we hit the show. The hotel restaurant was really expensive so we decided to go elsewhere. BAD CHOICE!!! If we had eaten there, I would have gotten to meet Eddie. After we got done with dinner, we came back to the hotel to grab our things to go to the show. There was this guy in the elevator that looked as if he had seen a ghost. I asked him what was wrong and without speaking, he showed me a signed piece of paper with Eddie’s signature on it. I asked him if was here and he replied about 10 minutes ago. I ran out of the elevator to see if he was still around but an employee of the hotel mentioned he had just left. I thought they may be staying at the hotel, but it turned out the Supersuckers were, but not PJ. Oh yeah, the show. The crowd was awesome. Almost like a European crowd with the chanting. Eddie even changed the lyrics during Evolution to point out the people up top in the “Canadian Zone,” the Molson sponsored beer garden. Also 6th row center was a nice touch as well.

Kansas City-6/12/03: This show is infamous as “The Rain Show.” The band came out about an hour later than usual due to a torrential downpour. Standing about 15 rows back, I couldn’t have been anymore wet than if I had jumped in a lake with my clothes on. The band really appreciated the crowd sticking out the rough weather and the energy was intense. The downside was that the show was about 4 songs shorter than the average.
    impressive............that with your location, you would travel to kansas.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 295
    I haven't been to nearly as many as some, so mine shouldn't be too tough:

(1) The Gorge - July 22/06
    (2) Vancouver '98
    (3) Calgary '05 - underrated show, great setlist and amazing energy from the crowd that energized the band
    (4) Lollapalooza '92 (Vancouver) - changed my life forever 8-)
    (5) The Gorge - July 23/06 - doesn't get the love of the first show, but pretty damn good nonetheless...
    09/04/93 * 07/19/98 * 11/05/00 * 05/30/03 * 09/02/05 * 09/04/05 * 09/05/05 * 09/07/05 * 07/21/06 * 07/22/06 * 04/02/08 (eV) * 04/03/08 (eV) * 09/21/09 * 09/22/09 * 09/25/09 * 07/15/11 (eV) * 09/25/11 * 12/04/13 * 08/10/18 * 05/04/24 * 05/06/24
  • mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    touringfan wrote:
    1. Atlanta 2 - 94
    2. Randalls 2 - 96

All others are disstant thirds but these are some that come to mind.

The Vic
    MSGs 98
    MSG 03
    MSG 2 - 08
    Showbox 2 - 2002
    House of Blues Orlando - 03
    Borgata 1 & 2
    Irving Plaza
    Vote for change tour all of them becasue of the crazy venues.
    Ottawa 2005
    Spectrum

Dude, wasnt RI nite 2 1996 amazing or what?!

It was my first show. There was no assigned seating and i crept up to what was equivalent to say 5th row (moshing was to brutal up front)....

Do you remember before the show....hours before the show....there was a clown roaming around the crowd.....everybody was drunk/stoned and breaking this clowns balls......months later i was reading an article in magazine (forget wich rag) where it stated that clown was EDDIE VEDDER!

That blew my mind....

Anybody remember this?
  • [quote="mach271"

It was my first show. There was no assigned seating and i crept up to what was equivalent to say 5th row (moshing was to brutal up front)....

Do you remember before the show....hours before the show....there was a clown roaming around the crowd.....everybody was drunk/stoned and breaking this clowns balls......months later i was reading an article in magazine (forget wich rag) where it stated that clown was EDDIE VEDDER!

That blew my mind....

Anybody remember this?[/quote]

i think u may still be drunk/stoned
  • Ive been lucky enough to see 85 shows and it's kind of hard to rank them. But the 5 that come to mind are:

1. 6/20/95 - Red Rocks
    2. 9/1/05 - Gorge
    3. 9/11/98 - MSG
    4. 11/6/00 - Seattle
    5/ 7/11/03 - Mansfield

Honorable mention going to:
    10/8/00 - Ice bowl show
    10/9/00 - Chicago
    11/5/00 - Seattle Great show horrible crowd
    7/22/98 - Seattle
    11/3/00 - Boise
    107 Shows and counting
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Boston - Orpheum - April 12, 1994 .. as I've said many times before, the show that vaulted them from a great band to my faovrite band ... the set list was crazy (picked by the road crew), 4 or 5 new songs from the upcoming Vitology (my favorite album) and remember, this was before youtube and leaks, so, hearing these tunes was really special, plenty of rarities ... was about 9th row ... just an amazing evening.

others

Masnfield 1 - 2000 (8/29/2000) aside from the above show, my faovrite set list, great vibe. Of the Girl as an opener ... I could listen to it over and over again.

Mansfield 1 - 2003 - (7/2/2003) everyone always talks about Mansfield 3 of the experiment, but, the first show, the one where they announced their intentions ... tons of excitement from both the crowd and the band ... very underrated show.

San Francisco 3 - 2006 (7/18/06) These shows were the first time I got to see PJ outside of the Boston area, now in my new home of SF. General Admission was a sweet bonus as it got me nice and close. First time they played IN San Francisco (the city) in over a decade, so the crowd was all jacked up

MSG 2 - 2008 (June 25, 2008) ... plenty has been said already about this one.

Soon to make the list ... SEATLLE 9/21/2009!!!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    [quote="mach271"

That blew my mind....

Anybody remember this?

Its true....VEDDER dressed up as a clown to fuck with everyone....I think it was stated in the SPIN edition where they were on the cover....1998 i wanna say......
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    Its true....VEDDER dressed up as a clown to fuck with everyone....I think it was stated in the SPIN edition where they were on the cover....1998 i wanna say......[/quote]

no shit? crazy story.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    1) Buffalo 03' -my first of 17 shows to date...and still my favorite...incredible!
    2) Toledo, OH VFC 04' (Uncle Neil popped in for a visit)
    3) Ottawa 05'
    4) Kitchener 05'- A real "kick to the balls" setlist...eddie was drunk out of his mind and let it all hang out!
    5) Hartford 08'...of all my shows...seemed like eddie and mike were feeding off each other like there was no tomorrow...truly felt like a concert from the mid 90's...especially with that parking lot scene beforehand~! :lol:

MSG 1/2 08' honorable mention
  • PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    Since I'm a once a tour guy, I'll do my top 3

1. Bonnaroo
    2. Chicago 98
    3. Nashville 00
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Kanye EastKanye East Posts: 782
    1) 9/1/05 - The Gorge
    2) 5/3/03 - State College
    3) 9/24/96 - Merriweather Post Pavillion, MD. My 1st show!!!
    4) 8/25/00 - Jones Beach, NY
    5) 4/28/03 - The Spectrum
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    Dallas '98
    Austin '95 (first show)
    EV Ryman
    Vegas '03 (worst 10c seats i've had but great show)
    San Antonio '03

I hope ACL or LA4 make the list.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,668
    1)State College 2003- The greatest and longest show ever, at the greatest College ever, from the second row!
    2)Boston 3 Experiment 2003 - no explanation needed
    3)Philly 2005 wachovia - great set list (let's hope the upcoming Philly shows are more like this and less like Camden shows!)
    4)Gorge 1/2 2006 - amazing shows, too hot though!
    5)Toledo 2004 - VFC with Neil Young, 11th row on the center aisle, bonus points for me filling a seat that could have held an impressionable young mind for EV to corrupt politically.

Honorable Mention:
    Borgata - great venue, OK setlists
    Buffalo 2003 - GREAT show with a great setlist, overshadowed by State College the next day.
    Boston 2006 - Leash, smile, and the debut of parachutes in one night!
    Pitt 2000 - Wash umbrella
    MSG 1/2 2008 - decent shows, overrated really, but the original Garden!
    Boston VFC 2004 - Alone and I've got a feeling
    Reading VFC 2004 - debut of Sad

5 Worst PJ shows ever?
    Easy, the 5 shows I have seen in Camden. Of course I misssed the 1998 show where they played "push me pull me". The venue sucks, the area sucks, parking sucks, E-A-G-L-E-S sucks, the setlists are just terrible.
  • Blue27Blue27 Posts: 42
    1 - San Diego '06
    2 - Las Vegas '03
    3 - Los Angeles '00
    4 - San Diego '95 - my first show, after being postponed/cancelled a few times, opens with Release - AH!
    5 - Seattle '96 - my sister couldn't go, so my mom (RIP - it's her birthday today) flew to WA with me!! :D
    11/6+7/95 SD Sports-9/16/96 SEA Key-7/10/98 SD Cox-7/13+14/98 LA Forum-10/24/00 LA Greek-10/25/00 SD Sports-10/28/00 DEV Glen Helen-6/2+3/03 IRV Meadows-6/5/03 SD Sports-6/6/03 LV MGM-7/8+9/03 NYC MSG-9/1/05 GEO Gorge-7/6/06 LV MGM-7/7/06 SD Cox-7/9+10/06 LA Forum-7/12/06 LA Fonda-7/13/06 SB Bowl-7/12/08 LA Pauley Pav-6/1/09 LA Universal-9+10/30+1+6+7/09 LA Gibson-10/9/09 SD Viejas-11/21/13 SD Viejas-11/23+24/13 LA Sports-11/26/13 OAK Oracle
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    ComeToTX wrote:

I hope ACL or LA4 make the list.

same here!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    i have only been to 6 so i got to say i loved them all except for the one where i was literally practically dead. I dont remember anything except that my seats rocked and that i dont remember the show at all.
    so besides that one, i think my other 5 are the top ones i have been too :D

7/14/03 Holmdel
    6/1/06 CAA
    6/3/06 CAA
    my worst show/ cause i was practically dead, seriously
    8/07 Lolla
    6/24/08 MSG
    6/25/08 MSG
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • rats619rats619 Posts: 72
    atlanta 1994
    msg 2003
    borgata
    state college 2003
    lolla 2007 (i know it was a "short" set but the boys were ON FIRE!!!!)
    every philly/camden show ever played (hometown love, ya know!)
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    Bonnaroo '08- Heaven.
    San Diego '06
    Minneapolis '98
    Winnipeg '05
    Boston I '04
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Hard to narrow it down to just 5 shows since I've been all over and have seen some really great ones. In no particular order:

Toledo, OH 2004 - Neil Young + Pearl Jam (see user name) 'nuff said.
    Grand Rapids, MI 2006 - Ended up with better than usual seats for this experimental show.
    London, ONT 2005 - Lots of rarities, great crowd, Stone gets to dance.
    Bonnaroo 2008 - "The greatest band in the world" at "the greatest festival in the world." *
    State College, PA - 2003 - Longest show ever played until the extra pre-set in Boston later that year.

* both quotes from Ben Harper

Some other great ones I've witnessed first hand:

Charlotte, NC 1996 - 2nd show, 1st major road trip, Jack Irons still with the band.
    Burgettstown, PA 1998 - First headlining gig in PA for years, No Way, Outshined tag on Daughter.
    Noblesville, IN 2003 - "All these pussies leaving early, fuck you" - Ed during Yellow Ledbetter
    Toronto, ONT 2006 (night 2) - Another great show in Canada, which was starting to feel like a second home.
    Bridge School 2001 - great atmosphere all weekend, debut of a few songs including Low Light (one of my favorites).
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    1. Benaroya Hall - 2003
    2. Grand Rapids - 2006 - 2nd row!! First time being that close :)
    3. Cleveland - 2006
    4. San Antonio - 2003 - First Show
    5. Monterrey - 2005 - I had the flu,and I don't think the encores were the greatest ever but the energy of the small GA crowd was incredicle!

Daniel
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Kanye EastKanye East Posts: 782
    Kanye East wrote:
    1) 9/1/05 - The Gorge
    3) 9/24/96 - Merriweather Post Pavillion, MD. My 1st show!!!
    4) 8/25/00 - Jones Beach, NY
    5) 4/28/03 - The Spectrum

How the hell did I forget to put Bonnaroo 2008 on this list???? I guess I'll have to bump the 2003 Spectrum show.

1) 9/1/05 - The Gorge
    3) 6/14/08 - Bonnaroo
    4) 9/24/96 - Merriweather Post Pavillion, MD. My 1st show!!!
    5) 8/25/00 - Jones Beach, NY
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • 1. Mansfield 3 2003
    2. MSG 1 2003
    3. Holmdel 2003-Spectrum 2003 tied at 3rd
    4. Ottawa 2005
    5. Honolulu 2006
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    1. Charlotte, 10/4/96: First PJ show ever, went home and joined 10C the next day. Ben Harper opened as well as the Fastbacks.
    2. Benaroya Hall: Enough said.
    3. Showbox, 12/6/2002: Snuck in...show so good they made a DVD!
    4. Boston, 5/25/2006: Dropped the Leash for the first time in umpteen years. Never forget the smile on Ed's face before he decided to play it. He knew what he was doing.
    5. Hartford, 6/27/2008: "Love letter" of a setlist for hardcore, long-time fans; Katy's "Make a Wish" was granted, and I caught my first pick ever...Mike's "dogs" pick.

Great thread...fun to think about this stuff.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Royals17Royals17 Posts: 91
    In no particular order:
    The Vic 07
    Buffalo 03
    Honolulu 06
    Saratoga 00
    Barrie 98
    Toronto 2 06
    98: Barrie
    00: Nawlins, Saratoga, Tor, Det, Phx
    01: Bridge