Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,626
    edited December 2016
    I emailed them asking why my package hadn't shipped yet. A few days later, on tbe 18th, when you are all saying you got ypur update suddenly, they replied to my email acting as though I should have had it and to check my junk folder... but that was preceded by the shipping notification. It came maybe 40 minutes before their reply. So it was shipped after the domestic ones. I'm pretty sure someone messed up, like forgot to ship the international packages first, and then quickly got it done after seeing my email, and then tried to cover their tracks by pretending the shipping notifications went out a long time ago.and must be lost in junk folders, lol. Not very good at hiding mistakes down there! :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    jjflash said:

mrussel1 said:

jjflash said:

Received Vault#30 in Birmingham, AL last Thursday :plus_one: . Last name starts w/ a 'B'.

How is it? Is it a big box like Roo or the Acoustic, or a more simpler one like the PJ?
    It's a bigger box like the Roo and Acoustic were. Very well packaged in a modified TMR shipping box :sunglasses:
    I'm going to like the box too much and decide to keep it aren't I. If it was just pieces then I have no problem splitting but this sounds like a set. Any spoiler pics?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    FR181798 said:

jjflash said:

mrussel1 said:

jjflash said:

Received Vault#30 in Birmingham, AL last Thursday :plus_one: . Last name starts w/ a 'B'.

How is it? Is it a big box like Roo or the Acoustic, or a more simpler one like the PJ?
    It's a bigger box like the Roo and Acoustic were. Very well packaged in a modified TMR shipping box :sunglasses:
    I'm going to like the box too much and decide to keep it aren't I. If it was just pieces then I have no problem splitting but this sounds like a set. Any spoiler pics?
    NO!!!! NO spoiler! I love opening the box.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856
    FR181798 said:

jjflash said:

mrussel1 said:

jjflash said:

I'm not sure how to upload pics on here :confused: ...and you may enjoy not knowing :wink: . If you wanna see a pic...the box is pictured on the original TMR listing which advertised Vault #30....it's the yellow one w/ a TMR globe logo in the center; the graphics that wrap around middle border are actually a little smaller than the one shown there.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Vault 30 has arrived

• Options
    So how is it? Just a ...yeah this is nice or more a ...woah this is awesome kind of set?
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Just received mine. I love how they get these to you before Christmas. Another nice package.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

So how is it? Just a ...yeah this is nice or more a ...woah this is awesome kind of set?

Very good. Rac set was just ok to me. The set with The Kills, Dead Weather, and William Tyler are actually great imo.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I've never even heard of William Tyler.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

I've never even heard of William Tyler.

Very accomplished guitar player from Nashville.
    He played the Blue room and then opened for Jack when he played Bridgestone Arena in Nashville.

• Options
    Vault 30 arrived in the UK, without listening I would say nice box, nice LPs, really nice quality. Then you get to the 7 inch which I wanted as a White Stripes completist and I would say that the sleeve is really poor quality (really thin) like you couldn't keep the record in it because it would just tear right through. As for the 7" itself, it is ridiculously thin and mine already looks warped. How are other people's singles.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

Vault 30 arrived in the UK, without listening I would say nice box, nice LPs, really nice quality. Then you get to the 7 inch which I wanted as a White Stripes completist and I would say that the sleeve is really poor quality (really thin) like you couldn't keep the record in it because it would just tear right through. As for the 7" itself, it is ridiculously thin and mine already looks warped. How are other people's singles.

The 7" sleeves are supposed to be thin: http://thirdmanstore.com/thevault/home/show/sneak-peek-at-the-vault-30-items
    From Third Man:
    7” record sleeve:
    "We wanted to carry over the design from the LP with a nod to traditional printed 45 paper sleeves (examples shown below). The paper is thinner than usual, to convey that feel. In this case we went with 80# French Paper White Parchtone Text. The design is meant to convey a double single, with both sides being full covers and the colors reflecting the artist on each side."

Mine record is fine, the real question is what color did you get? From the original news release, they were supposed to have red and blue streaks, but a manufacturing error caused them to press some with blue only and some with red only.... so instead of correcting it, they just changed their release information and said there are now 2 colors you could get.
  • Options
    CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    My 7" is clear with a couple of blue streaks. Haven't played it yet but it isn't warped.
  • Options
    Hmm... Sounds like a cover up regarding the quality of the sleeves. Did it say that originally? A nod to traditional 45s...Not really buying that. Their usual company sleeve is good quality. As for the vinyl, it doesn't bother me about the colours. Think mine just has pinkish red stripes but it is so close to being a flexi it's unreal and definitely not flat. I don't mind things not being 180g etc but it's just really cheap.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,895
    edited December 2016
    Arrived in CA this morning. Package looks awesome. This is the first Vault of my year subscription that was included in that Music City Animal Advocates online auction. My single has red streaks.
    Post edited by kasedoug on
  • Options
    So I bought the Iggy Pop signed book and was a wee bit disappointed. Mr Iggy signed a paper that was inserted into the book. Pretty bummed about that.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678

So I bought the Iggy Pop signed book and was a wee bit disappointed. Mr Iggy signed a paper that was inserted into the book. Pretty bummed about that.

That's pretty lame by Third Man.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434

For what they charged, that's horseshit.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    scurtis said:

What pisses me off is in the description it says the book is signed then below it there is another line added that a slip of paper would be signed.

Not real happy but it does state that...

FYI Henry Rollins sells his books signed below face at his tour. Support him if you can.
  • Options

scurtis said:

What pisses me off is in the description it says the book is signed then below it there is another line added that a slip of paper would be signed.

FYI Henry Rollins sells his books signed below face at his tour. Support him if you can.
    Did it state that before you bought it, or was it added after? If after, that is a scam IMO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

scurtis said:

Did it state that before you bought it, or was it added after? If after, that is a scam IMO.
    I'm not sure. I decided to read the fine print after I bought it and noticed that. It is still cool to have but would have been nicer in the book...
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I'm aware that the actual limited edition book listing says that it's a signed and numbered book plate, but I found this on the listing for the regular edition. It would definitely lead me to believe I was getting an actual signed book, and I'd be a little disappointed had I bought one as well.

"Please note that a very Limited Edition of Total Chaos will be available in early December. The Limited Edition will be signed by Iggy Pop, include a 7” of Iggy Pop’s pre-Stooges group The Prime Movers, plus three posters. Price will be $250. This item can not be pre-ordered. We will be announcing the Limited Edition to Vault members first."
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:

I'm aware that the actual limited edition book listing says that it's a signed and numbered book plate, but I found this on the listing for the regular edition. It would definitely lead me to believe I was getting an actual signed book, and I'd be a little disappointed had I bought one as well.

"Please note that a very Limited Edition of Total Chaos will be available in early December. The Limited Edition will be signed by Iggy Pop, include a 7” of Iggy Pop’s pre-Stooges group The Prime Movers, plus three posters. Price will be $250. This item can not be pre-ordered. We will be announcing the Limited Edition to Vault members first."

Yep, that's what I had read and jumped on it...
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    Got vault 30 today, pretty sweet, they do amazing work.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    Should we not have heard about Vault 31 by now?
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    FR181798 said:

Should we not have heard about Vault 31 by now?

they posted it will be announced soon on Friday
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    scurtis said:

Got vault 30 today, pretty sweet, they do amazing work.

Yes, this one is a very nice package. I love when they put everything in a nice box. I haven't spun any of it yet though - does it sound as good as it looks?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Vault #31 Margo Price: Live 2016
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:

Yea, pretty cool
  • Options
    MedozK said:

bflynn1 said:

Yea, pretty cool
    Yeah I haven't listened to any of her live stuff yet but I hear it's great. I liked what I heard on her album.