Options

124»

Comments

• Options
    nowayimfaithfullnowayimfaithfull Posts: 2,051
    arghhh

Im done in htis thread.

peace
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    DP13DP13 Posts: 269

he calls people elitist snobs, what is he?

he rips stone in 1 sentance and begs tio ave mike turned up, mike makes just as many mistakes.
    he pretty much ripped the band for being political, which is half the reason they do these min tours.

#1. I tried to make an interesting post about things I would like to see changed on the '06 tour.

#2. I wasn't "ripping stone", it was just an example about how a mistake is not artistic improvisation. In fact Stone prolly plays the cleanest show of anyone in the band.

#3. I didn't rip the band for being political, I said that if Ed didn't give his political speech it would cut 5 minutes. I ripped Ed for calling Democrats Corporate Puppets while supporting Nader then supporting them four years later without an explanation on why he changed.

You sir need to reread my first post.
  • Options
    pjbounce wrote:
    I'm calling troll.

You stated on 8/02/2006 that you had seen 51 shows.
    On 08/04/2007 it was 25+, which could mean 51.
    But, on 11/13/2007, you said you had seen 100+ shows. That would mean almost every show from that date forward, even though as you say 97 was the peak for you.

Secondly, you state you have never been closer than the 12th row, and your number is 111,xxx. Anyone that watched that information on touring fans the last few tours knows that your number would get you closer than the 12th row most nights. It would definitely get you closer than the 12th row when(as you say you were) you were the first one in your block in 2003.

Finally, there were many GA shows after 8/4/2007, you could have been in the front row for all of those. Even if you didn't want to be in front for the GA shows, when you went to the shows in Australia (which you would have had to do according to your posts), your number would have definitely been before the 12th row.

You sure spent some time on this one bounce... who are you really?

I didn't feel like going through and counting again but I think I have been to 54 shows.

I have never been to Australia.

I have been 2nd row several times, and in the front 10 rows maybe 10 times..?? Much of my best seats were during the VFC shows.

Not sure how this makes me a troll.
  • Options
    Note to Self-

Prep for PJ tour:

1. Buy 10c tickets (if I'm lucky)
    2. Buy Plane tickets
    3. Book hotel and car rental
    4. Email PJ friends near cities with shows
    5. Donate merch to meet-up fundraisers
    6. Liposuction
    7. Buy turbo wrinkle cream and/or face lift
    8. Tanning salon
    9. Practice witty banter for chatting with arrogant young male *fans*.

Again, not sure how so many of you fuckers think I have a problem with these people because they are fat.

If a group of people were a bunch of weird losers and many of them also happened to be at least 100 lbs overweight, I am supposed to leave weight out of it? If they all had mohawks, or were indian, or had green hair, or were in wheel chairs would you not be able to use that when describing them.... ????
  • Options
    krobbinzkrobbinz Posts: 187
    a8l wrote:
    Again, not sure how so many of you fuckers think I have a problem with these people because they are fat.

If a group of people were a bunch of weird losers and many of them also happened to be at least 100 lbs overweight, I am supposed to leave weight out of it? If they all had mohawks, or were indian, or had green hair, or were in wheel chairs would you not be able to use that when describing them.... ????

ster·e·o·type
    /ˈstɛriəˌtaɪp, ˈstɪər-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ster-ee-uh-tahyp, steer-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, -typed, -typ·ing.

–noun

-a set form; convention.
    -Sociology. a simplified and standardized conception or image invested with special meaning and held in common by members of a group: The cowboy and Indian are American stereotypes.
    –verb (used with object) 5. to make a stereotype of.
    -to characterize or regard as a stereotype: The actor has been stereotyped as a villain.
    -to give a fixed form to.
    East Troy 10/08/00 St. Paul 06/16/03 Chicago 5/17/06 St. Paul 6/26/06 St. Paul 6/27/06 Lollapalooza '07 Bonnaroo '08
    Chicago 8/23/09 Chicago 8/24/09 PJ 20 9/3/11 PJ 20 9/4/11 Milwaukee 10/20/14 Chicago 8/20/16 Chicago 8/22/16 Chicago 8/18/18 Chicago 8/20/18
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    The only thing I agree with is closers.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Smellyman2Smellyman2 Posts: 689
    a8l wrote:
    Things I would like to see for the '08 tour:

1. A more varied setlist OR a tighter show.

2. Turn Mike up!

3. Less whales in the front rows.

4. Close the damn show with Alive, Porch or Betterman/SIFL.

5. An invisible itch powder on the tour posters.

6. Shorter shows. Yep, I said it...

1. They ARE varied AND tight

2. Turn them all up. I have rarely not been able to hear Mike

3. Whales? They are like my 3rd favorite sea mammal. (behind seals and otters)

4. close w/ whatever

5. collecting is for old ladies.

6. No way
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Well this whole thread descibes why this board has changed. I for one do not realize why you guys go to these shows if you agree with the op. It would be a waste of time. Its only a rock band, if you really do not enjoy these shows to the extreme, why spend thousands traveling, why go to more than 1 show, pearl jam 2010, why would you fly all over the country namely hawaii, if you think they band is not tight, they do not vary their sets, and they make too many mistakes. It would seem like the appetite for a letdown.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but to call people whales, and than try to apologize for it by saying the less intelligent person.
    Why do peoples weight, and intelligane become an issue when they follow a rock baand, It is not rocket science or fashion modeling. Its an avenue to enjoy yourself. Thats it, I find it unrealistic that someone would go to a show, spend time on their measage board trying to change peoples views, or the bands traditions, it basically the same as you ripping Ed for his political persuavsiveness. People mention setlist variation,and than support closong with alive,porch,or betterman, whats the differance, they play those songs every night also.
    I read this whole thread, and I honestly dont get why half of you guys waste your time.
    sorry, maybee Im just an old fat whale, who has deaf ears, and blind eyes. I also never sit in the first 5 rows. Its about the music, and meeting fans alike.
    Great post. I didn't understand this thread from the beginning-why go if it's so miserable for you? But I'm glad I read this. Thanks. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    You know what I would like to see of the '08 tour?

Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    You know what I would like to see of the '08 tour?

Pearl Jam.
    Exactly! :D
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Exactly! :D

Atleast I know I'm not going to be disappointed.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    you lost me with the petty insults, seriously
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I'm in almost total disagreement with the original points. My thoughts :

1. I saw 5 shows last year, 28 in 06, and 19 in 05. I saw 51 different songs last year, 133 in 06 and 97 in 05. I was pleased with the variety.

2. I've sat all over the place at the 68 shows I've attended and only had two issues with the sound /volume, 2005 NW School Benefit when Mike's monitor fritzed out and Philly 2005 during the now famous version of Crazy Mary when the sound went to hell. 2 occasions, single occasions not complete shows, out of 68 isn't too bad. In fact, it's less than 3%.

3. You have your wish. As you probably heard, the 10C has changed it's distribution policy to allow different folks a shot at rows 1, 2,9,10 through a seat lottery of sorts. As for your characterization of people, some of who are friends or acquaintances of mine and are very dedicated fans, I'll refrain from stooping to your level in my response to you.

4. Why limit the closer to any particular songs; something you yourself appear to do. Agree with "close with whatever".

5. Wrong again. I'm a 40+ male and I collect . To me , posters are no different than t's, hoodies, or other merch. Mementos of my time on the road.

6. Shorter shows? You have somewhere better to go ? Sorry , but that's nuts.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    What a thread!

tighter shows --> yes
    turn Mike up --> yes
    vary the closing song --> maybe
    itch powder on posters --> funny, but no
    shorter shows --> please, no

I'd also like it if we saw some return to the official bootleg program. The 2000 and 2003 versions of the roll-out were what this band should be about. In fact, they should re-master the 1998s while they're at it.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020