Options

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Comments

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    pjpitt89 said:

I get angry when I open a brand new vinyl with no download card. Downright ANGRY! Especially when the vinyl cost $30

yes - there is absolutely no reason for this. I also enjoy CD's with the vinyl.
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,821
    After a few listens, I do enjoy the new album. It is not better than anything with Frusciante, and I'm still not sure how it matches up with their last album, at least even, perhaps slightly better.

Klinghoffer just doesn't do it for me. I understand that Flea is the musical cornerstone of the band, but so many songs now just seem to be a Chad/Flea groove with production, pianos/keys or atmospheric guitar sounds. I really miss Frusciante.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    pjpitt89 said:

After a few listens, I do enjoy the new album. It is not better than anything with Frusciante, and I'm still not sure how it matches up with their last album, at least even, perhaps slightly better.

Klinghoffer just doesn't do it for me. I understand that Flea is the musical cornerstone of the band, but so many songs now just seem to be a Chad/Flea groove with production, pianos/keys or atmospheric guitar sounds. I really miss Frusciante.

Josh was John's protege - and it really shows in his playing. Minus the crazy epic guitar solo's when I close my eyes and listen to this new record, I hear John's influence on Josh big time.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165

On my first listen, I'm enjoying it so far. It's not mind blowing, but there's some good stuff, and the Chili Peppers and summertime just seem to go together so well. I know some people rag on them for talking about California all the time in their songs, but having visited California last year, it's nice to have a band who completely encapsulate all the good vibes - a world away from the grey skies British summertime usually brings!

I agree. Listening to RHCP in summer is how I feel is the best way to listen to them.
    Such a good time party vibe.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    I think the new one sounds fantastic - especially the vinyls ;)
  • Options
    Sick Love

Is really doing it for me right now. It came on at the perfect time while driving and I had to hit repeat twice- each time the volume louder.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    I haven't had a chance to listen to the new album from start to finish yet. Dark Neccesities is growing on me. I really like the funky little space invaders guitar sound every once in a while. Different vibe on that song than past albums. I'm a Frusciante fan and do agree that you can hear the influence in Klinghoffer. That said, I really do miss Frusciante, his incredible background vocals, and unearthly guitar solos.They also have a different producer for the first time ever. I have a feeling this is more "synthesized" and less raw rock? Don't know if that makes since to anyone but me. Different sound, not typically what I'm initially drawn to. However, they are amazing and always ahead of the curve. I hope to give it a listen this weekend.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I think I had too high expectations going into listening the album, because I've heard so many rave reviews. I think about half the songs on the album are really solid, other half are just alright. Not a bad album overall by any means, just didn't completely live up to the hype for me. Still an enjoyable listen. Have yet to see RHCP live, so jonesin' for a tour announcement.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,007
    samjam said:

I think I had too high expectations going into listening the album, because I've heard so many rave reviews. I think about half the songs on the album are really solid, other half are just alright. Not a bad album overall by any means, just didn't completely live up to the hype for me. Still an enjoyable listen. Have yet to see RHCP live, so jonesin' for a tour announcement.

I think they're taking too long to announce a US tour. I know they're booked over seas until the end of the year, but they're losing momentum on the release of their most recent album.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    LukinFan said:

samjam said:

I think they're taking too long to announce a US tour. I know they're booked over seas until the end of the year, but they're losing momentum on the release of their most recent album.
    They always go overseas first. Being in LA, the band's own hometown, we even usually have to wait until they've come back and done a leg or two in the States before their proper headlining show here. Luckily there are appearances sprinkled in here or there like a KROQ Weenie Roast set, or the recent iHeartRadio hour set that I was able to attend. I believe the US tour is slated to start Jan-Feb, so it will probably be announced in the next few months.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    New album is growing on me especially track 5.
    I dont really like the female singer on track one dont think shes nessesary.
    I miss John!!!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    kasedoug said:

LukinFan said:

samjam said:

They always go overseas first. Being in LA, the band's own hometown, we even usually have to wait until they've come back and done a leg or two in the States before their proper headlining show here. Luckily there are appearances sprinkled in here or there like a KROQ Weenie Roast set, or the recent iHeartRadio hour set that I was able to attend. I believe the US tour is slated to start Jan-Feb, so it will probably be announced in the next few months.
    That makes sense. Yeah, I was going to guess Feb-March
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,165
    PINK vinyl of the new LP available for preorder at Bullmoose. Proceeds to Gilda's Club NYC.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    a radio station here in austin said the other day the next leg of the tour would start in san antonio and would be in january, i think.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

a radio station here in austin said the other day the next leg of the tour would start in san antonio and would be in january, i think.

Awesome - thanks for the info!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    RobbyD462 said:

New album is growing on me especially track 5.
    I dont really like the female singer on track one dont think shes nessesary.
    I miss John!!!

I'm really NOT a fan of the female vocalist sent to replace those Angelic Frusciante vocals...

I thought Klinghoffer had some shy, but on point vocals on the last album. What's happening RHCP???? Ya gotta give us some KHof, even if you won't give us some JFru. Please don't let these ladies take over RHCP, Yeah and I am a girl, and I just said that.

By The Way.... I've been trying my best to like the newest album. I think one has finally grown on me:

Goodbye Angels

Chorus is kinda lame at first, but the song will REALLY start to grow on you after a few listens.

• Options
    "Especially in Michigan"
    "My Friends"
    "Greeting Song"
    "Naked in the Rain"
    "Fight Like a Brave"
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options

"Especially in Michigan"
    "My Friends"
    "Greeting Song"
    "Naked in the Rain"
    "Fight Like a Brave"

Especially in Michigan is my favorite RHCP song, hands down.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    The RHCPs are playing before the L.A. Ram game this Sunday.
  • Options
    The new one on vinyl, I'm just saying guys.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    It took a few listens but I really like the new album a lot. The Longest Wave, Sick Love, Goodbye Angels and Go Robot are amazing songs. Klinghoffer really shines on guitar. Very talented dude. I think he'd even tell you he's no Frusciante. But Johns been out of the band almost 10 years and I think this album is really good in his absence. Flea has some of the best bass lines since Stadium Arcadium. Overall there are some songs I can live without, but the first 8 tracks are really good.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    I'll say it again:

Sick Love is awesome. A classic Peppers' tune.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rylanrylan Posts: 206
    I still listen to stadium arcadium front to back all the time. Never get tired of it. For a double disc it really doesn't have that much filler. Might be my favourite disc of theirs.
  • Options
    rylan said:

I still listen to stadium arcadium front to back all the time. Never get tired of it. For a double disc it really doesn't have that much filler. Might be my favourite disc of theirs.

I'm pretty sure it's my favorite album of theirs.

Stadium Arcadium
    Slow Cheetah
    Strip My Mind
    Especially in Michigan *****
    Wet Sand
    Desecration Smile
    Hard to Concentrate
    Turn It Again

They're all just so good.
  • Options
    rylanrylan Posts: 206

rylan said:

I'm pretty sure it's my favorite album of theirs.

Stadium Arcadium
    Slow Cheetah
    Strip My Mind
    Especially in Michigan *****
    Wet Sand
    Desecration Smile
    Hard to Concentrate
    Turn It Again

They're all just so good.
    Love all those ones, wet sand is so damn good. Storm in a teacup is a cool tune too
  • Options
    It sure is! And Wet Sand is EPIC.
  • Options
    Bunch of new North American dates - with Jack Irons as support
  • Options
  • Options

Bunch of new North American dates - with Jack Irons as support

What what??!!!!!!! :)

YESSS!!!!
    Not many in the dirty south, but I'll take what I can get. It's Road Trippin' time!
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    Surprised that the LA date isn't at the Forum. They played there numerous times in the past and love it. Had to settle for Staples in 2012 when the Forum was being renovated.
    Anyway, looking forward to the new tour.