Options

1000% official!!! PJ at the Spectrum

Comments

• Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    how do i say to my boys: "happy halloween, be safe trick or treating. daddy will see you guys when you wake up tomorrow..."?

uhm....... just like that!!

I think that was a fine rehearsal.

dear children,

by the time you read this i will be gone... to see pearl jam in philly. we left you a batman costume a star wars costume, a box of capt'n crunch and a $20 bill.

please dont open the door for strangers and bring a kitchen knife when trick or treating.

love, mom and dad.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,051
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    What was Ed's talk for yellowribbon club?

i can answer that!
    check out http://www.yellowribbonclub.org

a certain fan at the show friday was the luckiest SOB on earth. He and his wife sat front row, dead center for the show. The night before, a fan letter was passed back to Ed that included details on how Ed/PJ's activism and work in the community was the motivation to make that person help and raise funds for the Yellow Ribbon Club. The letter also detailed that the couple met because of a band, called Pearl Jam. So all of these events come full circle to a point in time and space because of Pearl Jam and who they are and what they do.

Well, Ed talked about the letter and how he and the band were going to make a contribution to the YRC and little did Ed know that same lucky couple right in front of his eyes were the author of the letter Ed was discussing...

the Power of Pearl Jam. Nothing can beat it

Hold on a sec...

Dave? Is this you? Was it seriously you & your wife that this happened to?!! Is the Yellow Ribbon Club YOUR organization????

Oh, my gosh. How unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had read the story on TwoFeetThick but had no idea that it might have been someone I knew?!!

BTW: I got your voicemail but didn't think to call you back right away b/c we weren't able to use a tic for Friday b/c we didn't have a sitter for Stella...and then later when I thought to call back just to see how you were, I had no number for you b/c I had deleted the voicemail & it hadn't been saved anywhere on my phone b/c it had been off when you called b/c we had a crazy Cell Phone Nazi security guard lady in our aisle who would't even let me text & said that if she caught me doing it again she'd eject me from the show. (!!!) She was super old & I'm not sure she understood the difference between sending a text message & taking "illegal" pictures of what was going on on-stage! LOL

Hey Michelle!
    yep, that was Deb and I (saying that to sound as humble on the internet as I can). If I lived a 1000 times, I will never have such a great experience and evening like that again. Yes, the Yellow Ribbon Club is one of the organizations I volunteer for and help raise donations ($ and items for Troops) and Ed is such an amazing human being for bringing attention to such a great cause.
    So you dont have my cell # on super speed dial and as #2 on your phone after Rob's of course? LOL. I hope you and family are doing well and I look forward to seeing you guys at Bullies again, say late October? ;)
  • Options
    if this actually happens, im thinking we may have to set up some sort of tent colony in the parking lot for those who will be around for all the shows. i volunteer my services for wawa runs
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    So glad I'm just a train ride away or drive from philly. I will be at all 3 shows come hell or high water. Gonna be a cool concert month of october for me. Seeing the boss down in the swamplands of jersey to close out giant stadium and pj to close out the spectrum.

Metsy in the house that DrJ and Bobby Clarke built u might burn when u walk in there. :)
    I might be wearing my islanders gear seeing as how it will be hockey season. I'm sure to get some botherly love, lol
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    metsfan wrote:
    So glad I'm just a train ride away or drive from philly. I will be at all 3 shows come hell or high water. Gonna be a cool concert month of october for me. Seeing the boss down in the swamplands of jersey to close out giant stadium and pj to close out the spectrum.

Metsy in the house that DrJ and Bobby Clarke built u might burn when u walk in there. :)
    I might be wearing my islanders gear seeing as how it will be hockey season. I'm sure to get some botherly love, lol
    Not with an islanders jersey, they don't matter to us. Devils or Rangers jersey maybe,but the isles don't count so.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    Not with an islanders jersey, they don't matter to us. Devils or Rangers jersey maybe,but the isles don't count so.
    i'll be sure to wear my penguins stanley cup champs hat and my #87 sidney crosby jersey!
  • Options
    Hey jammin would it be ok if I wore my cowboys jersey, hehe

• Options
    metsfan wrote:

That is the one jersey that could get u hurt bad for real. The vet oh man saw some bad shit happen to cowboy fans there.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:

That is the one jersey that could get u hurt bad for real. The vet oh man saw some bad shit happen to cowboy fans there.
    yea I've heard lots of stories bout u iggles fan. I maybe crazy but not THAT crazy

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

yea I've heard lots of stories bout u iggles fan. I maybe crazy but not THAT crazy

I remeber a eagles cardinals game at the vet poor guy in a Plummer jersey. Got beer thrown all over him, then he talked shit back and these dudes fucked him up bad. Cowboys jersey is kinda sucide if u ask me.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    YoullseeDragonsYoullseeDragons Posts: 2,121
    gndcd402 wrote:
    i'll be sure to wear my penguins stanley cup champs hat and my #87 sidney crosby jersey!

I'll hang out with any hockey fan at a PJ show, I'll even shake your hands if you don't like the Flyers. (Not like that DIRTBAG Crosby who won't shake hands after a game!)
  • Options
    GET OUTTA HERE, Dave!!!

I *still* can't believe it.

What an amazing story. I *LOVE* the relationship I have with this band!!!

I read that story on TwoFeetThick, like I said...but had NO IDEA I actually KNEW the person I was reading this AMAZING story about!!!!!

I love it. I'm still in shock for you. HOW AWESOME:)

Our family is doing great; thanks so much for asking. We ended up actually having our girl...even though you scared me for a bit there w/your warning after having a boy when you were told at the ultrasound it was a girl;-)

ANYHOW...PM me with your # so that I can plug it back into my phone. I know it was there at one point years ago. Must've gotten lost somewhere in the mix when I switched phones or something?

And YES...hopefully we will get to re-live the Bullies MAGIC all over again!! How FANTASTIC would THAT be?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :):):)
    rocknrollgurl = *bee girl* @ www.myspace.com/pearljamgrrl

Everything you've imagined...needn't be stuck in your mind.
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    gndcd402 wrote:

I'll hang out with any hockey fan at a PJ show, I'll even shake your hands if you don't like the Flyers. (Not like that DIRTBAG Crosby who won't shake hands after a game!)
    flyers cant beat us to even get an attempt to be lost in the moment of celebrating leading your team to their first cup in 17 yrs. go watch the video, the penguins were waiting for crosby to come over but instead of pausing another 10 seconds good ole lidstrom sped thru the line and into the locker room. i'll go call the WAAAAHbulance for u :D
    3630122843_8fa163744e.jpg
  • Options
    LMFAO, nice

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    This is about PJ playing the spectrum not hockey fuck the flyers & penguins oh and also the Islanders :lol::lol: ...wear what ever you wan't specially on Halloween .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BronyBrony Posts: 628
    If these 3 shows do indeed happen, anybody else hope they try and play their entire catalogue like Boston 2003? I think that would epic if they do.
    a TON of new songs to play added to their catalogue since '03...might need 4 or 5 nights for that now ;)
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    LukinFan wrote:
    I guess no one read my entry on the Philly rumor thread...........

I was the one who asked Ed in Philly if we'd see him at the Spectrum........take it to the bank people :)
    Well, what did he say????

He said "Im not at liberty to say" so I said well are you at liberty to wink if its yes........and he ;) !!

HAHAHAHAHA! Fucking brilliant! :D

Now I just hope they announce things in the next few weeks so I can decide who's wedding I'm going to miss in October. :?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    well if there is no MSG shows it looks like i'll be going to Philly for the first time!! i always wanted to get me a real philly cheese steak!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...PJ and cheese steak..awesome combo meal!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,936
    it's 1000% official now! mama mia!! :shock:

*get's the 'vampire hunter D' costume ready for halloween

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    BronyBrony Posts: 628
    my friend who was at the EV solos in Phi said that he said something like "say goodbye to the spectrum for me"
  • Options
    this is such a little wankfest by all the tweens on this board.

grow up people.... this aint happenening
  • Options
    Dipshit1982Dipshit1982 Posts: 109
    My pants just got shorter...
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    MH80359 wrote:

HAHA

WRONG !
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,320
    MH80359 wrote:

Still willing to bet your member number on these shows not happening? I'd love to see one of the people excited about them (whom you're now calling names) end up with it.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    MH80359 wrote:

Still willing to bet your member number on these shows not happening? I'd love to see one of the people excited about them (whom you're now calling names) end up with it.

Oh he's making bets too ???

Whats the member number ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Dipshit1982Dipshit1982 Posts: 109
    MH80359 wrote:

Someone's got some sour grapes. Don't come raining on our parade because you're upset about them playing in Philly.
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,320
    edited June 2009
    Oh he's making bets too ???

Whats the member number ?

Yeah he said that over the weekend in this thread, page 20. It's a pretty good number, too...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=98491&hilit=Spectrum&start=285

Since he's so sure, and salty, about this, I'm sure the bet is still on...

:D
    Post edited by Ryan_WFC on
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    At EV Philly 1 (thursday 6-11) Ed talked about the spectrum and how he thought that he'd never see the place again... maybe he was hinting or something.

does anyone else remember this from Philly 1 last week?
    i like sound...
  • Options
    camaros wrote:
    At EV Philly 1 (thursday 6-11) Ed talked about the spectrum and how he thought that he'd never see the place again... maybe he was hinting or something.

does anyone else remember this from Philly 1 last week?

Yes he DID say that..........which is why we needed some clarification on it because you can never tell if he's f'ing around or not, hense the question after the show.

It boggles my mind with all of the "proof" that people still dont believe it!
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.
  • Options
    [/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA! Fucking brilliant! :D

Now I just hope they announce things in the next few weeks so I can decide who's wedding I'm going to miss in October. :?[/quote]

:mrgreen:
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.