Options

1000% official!!! PJ at the Spectrum

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Im in.

Went to the Spectrum once for a Phantoms game, but it wasnt too impressive for that setting. I would get a true feeling of the Spectrum if this is true.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Nothing is 100% official until the 10C announced it.

That said, I am taking this one to the bank. There are just too many different sources confirming this show.
    why does this feel like the VFC Tour 08 thread all over again? :lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    So far we've heard Seattle on 9/22, Texas on 10/4, that should put them on track to finish things off at the spectrum 10/28-10/31!!!!
    but 10/4 is the only one out of those that have been confirmed
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I believe it will happen

make no mistake, they will play multiple dates in the northeast.
    they can absolutely start on the west coast, play through texas and the south, and finish with a boatload of dates in the northeast. Break for the holidays and then head to Aussie/NZ in early 2010. It will be summer there and Ed's gotta surf!

Thats my guess. Has been since they sort of announced the record will be out in the fall.
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    LukinFan wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

That said, I am taking this one to the bank. There are just too many different sources confirming this show.
    Well, the difference is simple: This time we have MULTIPLE sources who all seem pretty sure. Last time we had ONE source who was 300% sure. :mrgreen:
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    It seems relatively clear at this point...4 Euro shows and TO/CHI are essentially to get the ball rolling and then they will swing in with a full scale tour as the new album drops. West Coast dates in September starting in the NW and swinging down to Texas for ACL...continuing through the midwest/south and back up the east coast, which obviously fits the Spectrum talk...and then finishing up in the Northeast...probably in Boston.

Then, they will head back to Europe some time in the winter and who knows where else after that...but we do know they are returning to Europe at some point in the next year to promote the new album...this we do know.

It makes plenty of sense...do the damn math.
  • Options
    I guess no one read my entry on the Philly rumor thread...........

I was the one who asked Ed in Philly if we'd see him at the Spectrum........take it to the bank people :)
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.
  • Options
    Rossum20 wrote:
    It seems relatively clear at this point...4 Euro shows and TO/CHI are essentially to get the ball rolling and then they will swing in with a full scale tour as the new album drops. West Coast dates in September starting in the NW and swinging down to Texas for ACL...continuing through the midwest/south and back up the east coast, which obviously fits the Spectrum talk...and then finishing up in the Northeast...probably in Boston.

Then, they will head back to Europe some time in the winter and who knows where else after that...but we do know they are returning to Europe at some point in the next year to promote the new album...this we do know.

After October they are done for the year and the Holidays. You East Coast wankers just had dates last year, you fuckers are spoiled enough!!!
  • Options
    MH80359 wrote:
    Rossum20 wrote:

After October they are done for the year and the Holidays. You East Coast wankers just had dates last year, you fuckers are spoiled enough!!!

Hey, I'm in Istanbul so I could argue they haven't been here in over 13 years!
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Get_Right wrote:
    they will play multiple dates in the northeast.
    Yes they will. Three in Philly to be exact :mrgreen:
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Besides.........when he left the stage on night 2, he said see you at the Spectrum 8-)

That's proof enough for me!
  • Options

I was the one who asked Ed in Philly if we'd see him at the Spectrum........take it to the bank people :)
    Well, what did he say????
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    edited June 2009
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    they will play multiple dates in the northeast.
    Yes they will. Three in Philly to be exact :mrgreen:
    he he he

and hopefully some NY/NJ CT and MA dates :mrgreen:
    and I do think Aussie NZ after the US during our winter
    its been awhile AUS is due and Ed misses Neil Finn :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

Well, the difference is simple: This time we have MULTIPLE sources who all seem pretty sure. Last time we had ONE source who was 300% sure. :mrgreen:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh yeah, I know. I'm sure these will happen.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    MH80359 wrote:

So it's a problem that even though the TO show is yet to happen, I'm hoping they come back when they're back in the northeast?
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:

He said "Im not at liberty to say" so I said well are you at liberty to wink if its yes........and he ;) !!
  • Options
    SM41966SM41966 Posts: 41
    edited June 2009
    how do i say to my boys: "happy halloween, be safe trick or treating. daddy will see you guys when you wake up tomorrow..."?

You don't. There is no way I can tell my 6, 4, and 1 year old that daddy is going to see Pearl Jam for the 35th time, see ya, have fun!! Some things are bigger than the band. By the way, congrats to you and your wife, great moment on friday. ;)
    Post edited by SM41966 on
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Thanks for the wiki suggestion. Of course, you never know if Wikipedia is correct or not, or if things have changed since this was announced, but:

The building will be closed and demolished following the 2008-2009 hockey and soccer seasons with the final planned event to be a concert scheduled for September 30, 2009; afterwards, the arena will be razed to make way for a new hotel in conjunction with the Philly Live! complex.

Maybe they'll play in the parking lot.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    surforiasurforia SoCal Posts: 346
    ^I' live in philly and I've also heard rumors that they're going to blow the fucker up on New Year's Eve. I think that wikipedia entry was written before they knew they could book all these bands... they're trying to squeeze every last dollar out of the spectrum.
    9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 8/18/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 4/28/03, 6/22/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/2/04, 10/5/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/28/06, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/22/16, 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22
  • Options
    clearly there is a big difference between the supposed VFC 08' tour and what we are hearing now....

WE KNOW PJ HAS PLANS TO TOUR BUT WE DON"T KNOW WHERE

we do know when generally (PJ has offically told us, just not exact times/dates/locations...but considering they are promoting a new album this one isn't exactly difficult to figure out given things that we do know

Chicago...west coast tour....ACL oct 4...ALL OFFICIAL.
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    So far we've heard Seattle on 9/22, Texas on 10/4, that should put them on track to finish things off at the spectrum 10/28-10/31!!!!
    i had my window open today...a strong wind was blowing outside, smelling of the salty waters of the north pacific ocean. the whistling sound this wind made as it passed in my window strangely sounded like a warning...that a hurricane named pearl jam would be striking seattle in late september and then changing course northward, hitting another city soon after
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Thanks for the wiki suggestion. Of course, you never know if Wikipedia is correct or not, or if things have changed since this was announced, but:

The building will be closed and demolished following the 2008-2009 hockey and soccer seasons with the final planned event to be a concert scheduled for September 30, 2009; afterwards, the arena will be razed to make way for a new hotel in conjunction with the Philly Live! complex.

haha, nice!! Metallica played that parking lot before...which was great!!
  • Options
    gndcd402 wrote:
    i had my window open today...a strong wind was blowing outside, smelling of the salty waters of the north pacific ocean. the whistling sound this wind made as it passed in my window strangely sounded like a warning...that a hurricane named pearl jam would be striking seattle in late september and then changing course northward, hitting another city soon after
    :shock:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:

He said "Im not at liberty to say" so I said well are you at liberty to wink if its yes........and he ;) !!
    cool- I didn't read that
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    These dates are confirmed. I worked at Comcast-Spector for 2 years and keep in touch with many people down there and these dates were officially booked last week. My main guy is a Event Manager which means he is responsible for all logistics for an event and making sure the building can handle everything. It is happening.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603

They are milking every last dollar out of the building and while it was supposed to be demolished late summer/early fall it is going to be much later than that.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    These dates are confirmed. I worked at Comcast-Spector for 2 years and keep in touch with many people down there and these dates were officially booked last week. My main guy is a Event Manager which means he is responsible for all logistics for an event and making sure the building can handle everything. It is happening.

Cliffy if i weren't a dude I'd kiss ya !
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    i want the story or else i wont believe anything.
    Tell ya what, if I am right.. you buy me beers all night at every show?
    If I am wrong, I will do the same?
    I promise this is not bullshit....promise!

Unless he gets a fake ID you are SOL !!

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    RD81760RD81760 Posts: 124
    SM41966 wrote:
    how do i say to my boys: "happy halloween, be safe trick or treating. daddy will see you guys when you wake up tomorrow..."?

You don't. There is no way I can tell my 6, 4, and 1 year old that daddy is going to see Pearl Jam for the 35th time, see ya, have fun!! Some things are bigger than the band. By the way, congrats to you and your wife, great moment on friday. ;)

Yeah I'm with ya I would probably hit Oct. 29/30
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    ill tell you this....if these shows go down in on OCT 28-29-31......I WILL BUY EVERY ONE BEER THAT SITS AROUND ME.......Oct 29 is my birthday..turning 33....and when its my birthday EVERYONE GET EFFED UP...... the last time they played on the 29th was back in 96....

i 10c number is 136,xxx so who ever is close to me will get free beer all night long
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes