Options

10c tickets are a joke

westbrook36westbrook36 Posts: 279
edited November 2013 in The Porch
I got tickets for tonight in Charlottesville on the floor? Behind the pit
And now ticketmaster is releasing floor tickets that are better than 10c tickets.
I have a ok # 158xxx. But shouldn't be surprised my fan club tickets have gradually gotten worse
since 03.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mikerlmikerl Posts: 580
    i think this is a function of people being able to get tickets to more than one show. your still getting some of the best seats in the house. better than the balcony.
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    How the hell do you have those seats with a number like that??? Floor?

Im 165 and for Hartford I had better seats than those on the side. I cant see Charlottsville being a hotspot for many 10 clubbers to flock to.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,933
    Based on previous shows your seats should be on the wings, not the floor.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    FYI, there are SEC 102 seats available on TM right now. Ouch.
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Hmm, that's weird. Your number is better than mine and I had front row on the side in Philly.

Not to be a cock.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    109xxx Section 114 and I guess Row M or J..cant tell yet, but it sounds like I'm a ways back on Mikes side. I thought it would be at the bottom of a wing...guess we will see shortly.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318
    And now ticketmaster is releasing floor tickets that are better than 10c tickets.
    I have a ok # 158xxx. But shouldn't be surprised my fan club tickets have gradually gotten worse
    since 03.

Yep, this is what I predicted would happen. I'm guessing not as many 10clubbers entered for GA tickets and went for reserved fearing they would be shut out if they just entered for GA (that's what I did). Then, if not all GA tickets were sold to 10 club, they would release the extras for general public. NOT a fan of this new system. I got side section almost halfway down in Buffalo on 166XXX and really felt sorry for the low number fans who were sitting way back behind the GA section. Not cool, imo.
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011
  • Options
    I hope they revert back to no General Admission.
  • Options
    since 03.

Yep, this is what I predicted would happen. I'm guessing not as many 10clubbers entered for GA tickets and went for reserved fearing they would be shut out if they just entered for GA (that's what I did). Then, if not all GA tickets were sold to 10 club, they would release the extras for general public. NOT a fan of this new system. I got side section almost halfway down in Buffalo on 166XXX and really felt sorry for the low number fans who were sitting way back behind the GA section. Not cool, imo.
    Thats a good point.

The system def needs to be tweaked.
  • Options
    In Worcester the 10C floor seats were going to members with high 400 member numbers.

I'm thinking this venue is either very small or there is a snafu.

• Options
    Noload wrote:

Come on, dude. That's just crazy talk. GA has been fucking awesome. When you get it next time around, you'll be eating your words. Plus, I think it's really energized the shows and that makes it better for all of us, no matter where you're sitting.
  • Options
    since 03.

Are there any instances of GA tickets being released for public sale? I have not heard any.

• Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,918
    Uhhhhhhhh I'm getting depressed. LA Sports Arena and 25X,XXX. I'm no NBA player and my wife is very short. I'd rather be rear-wall/rafters/opposite the stage, like the so-called guy in the yellow shirt, rather than be rear floor to be quite honest with you.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    october22 wrote:
    Noload wrote:

Come on, dude. That's just crazy talk. GA has been fucking awesome. When you get it next time around, you'll be eating your words. Plus, I think it's really energized the shows and that makes it better for all of us, no matter where you're sitting.

Dude, shows have never lacked energy...and I chose reserved so I don't have to stand in line all day and run over some one to get to the rail. Don't worry, I'm out numbered, so i'm pretty sure they will keep it.
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    since 03.

Are there any instances of GA tickets being released for public sale? I have not heard any.
    Yes, there have. They were selling GA to public in Buff that I know of.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    since 03.
    Are your tix the Lightning Bolt-themed tickets or regular TM? I don't know if it's possible, maybe hunt down a 10c representative if you can, or ask to speak with box office manager? With your number in Charlottesville, I would think your seats should be on the wings. At the very least see if they would be willing to exchange your tickets since better ones have popped up. Good luck and try not to let this affect your ability to enjoy the concert.
  • Options
    Yes, there have. They were selling GA to public in Buff that I know of.

Well, there you go. I stand corrected.

Still doesn't explain why the OP's reserved seats are on the floor. Every other show he would have been on the wing near the stage with a number like that.

• Options
    Low fan #s in Buffalo were side stage, not back of floor.
  • Options
    Noload wrote:
    october22 wrote:
    Noload wrote:

Dude, shows have never lacked energy...and I chose reserved so I don't have to stand in line all day and run over some one to get to the rail. Don't worry, I'm out numbered, so i'm pretty sure they will keep it.

I didn't mean to imply the shows lacked energy in the past. I just meant that I think GA adds to the energy up front and there is no denying that. I think the band feeds off that energy. I saw them four times so far on this tour and they've been some of the best shows I've ever been to. Sure, it's a combination of the new record and setlists and other things but GA and fresh faces up front are definitely a factor as well. But whatever, this is a side issue anyway.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

Same in Worcester and Hartford.

• Options
    since 03.

Thats a good point.

The system def needs to be tweaked.

Yes, totally agree. But, honestly, I think this new system brings in more $$ for the band as they can sell more tickets. It's just my guess anyways. There must be more people that can fit into the GA section instead of rows of seats. Too bad it is like this. Not all 10 clubbers want to or can do GA.
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Suziemay wrote:

I was talking about the reserved section behind GA. Those would have been the start of the reserved seats, right? Who were sitting in the back reserved section then? General public tickets? I thought the 10c email for the ticket sale said reserved was behind GA. I was 106 row 5 on 166xxx.
    Post edited by hell_man_made on

• Options
    mikerlmikerl Posts: 580
    i personally think its great if some "civilians" get into GA on the day of the show. A great way for some kid to fall totally in love with this band would be to hand him/her a wristband as they walk in the door. if this band wants new, young fans, keeping them in the balcony isn't going to work.

leave 100 GA available, and let some unsuspecting people have the night of their lives..

im sure that idea will not be popular around here. But i also feel the new energy the band has had on this tour with GA up front, and i think letting in some people who are not 15+ year fan clubbers into GA is a good idea.
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,918
    Noload wrote:

Not only that but revert back to 1 set of 10C tickets per tour like the 2000 tour. That effectively gve people a home-advantage and everybody got a very-good to great seat. Then, for all other shows, T/M. Your luck with T/M may exceed your luck with the current petition/lottery for 10c shows.

I just kinda think that instead of having all these 10c shows available, having 1 show with really great seats would be super-special. When everybody is going to multiple shows, the 10c caste system takes its toll and everybody gets pushed back. At one point, I'm willing to get 10c and T/M tickets both for the same show and then use the ones where I can see better. Buying 4 tickets for 2 people at a PJ show is still cheaper than 2 tickets to most other concerts. A couple of empty seats won't hurt anybody. They still get paid for it.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options

I was talking about the reserved section behind GA. Those would have been the start of the reserved seats, right? Who were sitting in the back reserved section then? General public tickets? I thought the 10c email for the ticket sale said reserved was behind GA. I was 106 row 5 on 166xxx.

No. Those seats are the last seats given the members with the highest numbers. The lower your number the closer you would be to the stage on the wing under this system.

• Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    i got section 4 in Hartford. back right. couldn't believe it. went for reserved thinking, I'm old, Pearl Jam plays long, side section will be mint. not. the first set was beyond smokin and hearing was better than seeing. still lame tickets though!
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    JR86440JR86440 Posts: 738
    foodshop65 wrote:
    i got section 4 in Hartford. back right. couldn't believe it. went for reserved thinking, I'm old, Pearl Jam plays long, side section will be mint. not. the first set was beyond smokin and hearing was better than seeing. still lame tickets though!

What is your number? I have a thread going and some guy with 260xxx got wing seats about 20 rows up in Hartford
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Look at the bright side...sound at the back of the floor is by far the best of any other location.
  • Options
    hammahamma Posts: 88
    I was sec 2 Nd row behind ga dead center in Hartford. My # is 191xxx. I also had center field res behind ga in wrigley. I've Been happy with my seats. I had ga in Worcester night 2 and stood about 3/4 back. I can't complain even though I've been on the wings in the past at the garden & in Montreal .
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

I think we are talking about the same thing (you = back reserved section, me = back of floor). Not sure who was sitting back there for Buffalo but definitely not low-numbered fan club numbers. People with 5 digit fan club numbers have all been in the side stage right next to the front of the GA from what I've been hearing. If there are 10c tix on the floor, they would have been mostly people with higher 10c numbers than yours. For Worcester, those behind GA seats were on TM.