Options

10 CLUB...SHIPPING IS BEYOND FUCKED!!

Comments

• Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    As a few others have said, the packaging was exceptional!

That doesn't excuse the horrible shipping... But it was nice to see it was fully protected for its long road trip :)
  • Options
    DP17DP17 Posts: 68
    edited October 2013
    STOP COMPLAINING!!!!! when it comes OUT go pick a COPY UP SOME WHERE or EVEN BETTER PAY $$$$$$$ FOR BETTER POSTAGE...

obviously, if you're into albums(STILLI)!! you know where to go buy 1...
    Post edited by DP17 on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    I still haven't seen any shipping confirmation email for the Lightning Bolt vinyl... I'm probably not going to see it until the end of the month. :(
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I still haven't seen any shipping confirmation email for the Lightning Bolt vinyl... I'm probably not going to see it until the end of the month. :(

At least you're on the west coast! ;)
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Haven't gotten mine either. I will probably hear some songs live before I get to hear them on vinyl. But it will arrive eventually :)
  • Options
    DP17 wrote:
    STOP COMPLAINING!!!!! when it comes OUT go pick a COPY UP SOME WHERE or EVEN BETTER PAY $$$$$$$ FOR BETTER POSTAGE...

obviously, if you're in the albums(STILLI)!! you know where to go buy 1...
    I already paid for it months ago. Why would I buy another one? You buy the 10C vinyl because there is supposedly exclusive bonus material that only comes with the 10C member order. It's not like we all are too stupid to know that we can buy it from Amazon. :roll:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Haven't gotten mine either. I will probably hear some songs live before I get to hear them on vinyl. But it will arrive eventually :)
    Definitely no real worries! I am listening to it right now on my computer! :) I am just eager to hear it on beautiful vinyl with my brand new stereo system! :D
  • Options
    october22 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

At least you're on the west coast! ;)
    Lol. I always get my stuff after everyone on the East Coast (and usually everyone in Australia and Europe :lol: ) even though I am a 3 hour drive from the warehouse. :lol: :fp: But YES, you're right - I have PLENTY of time to listen to the album - shows aren't until December!
  • Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    DP17 wrote:

I did buy a copy. I did pay better $$$$$ for better shipping. I am (STILL) into albums and I know I can't buy one within an hour of my house.

People say to buy from 10c to support the band, it's employees etc. Why?

If random company can get me a release on time, but 10c gets it to me over a week later....that's just silly.
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    PH20 wrote:
    DP17 wrote:

I did buy a copy. I did pay better $$$$$ for better shipping. I am (STILL) into albums and I know I can't buy one within an hour of my house.

If random company can get me a release on time, but 10c gets it to me over a week later....that's just silly.
    Bonus material from 10C... some people care about that. :)
  • Options
    DP17DP17 Posts: 68
    OK.. Now I do understand more clearly keep rocking!!!!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PH20 wrote:
    DP17 wrote:

receive LB a week after release date just to cash in on a backspacer sticker ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    rival. wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PH20 wrote:

receive LB a week after release date just to cash in on a backspacer sticker ;)
    :lol: I would definitely wait longer for a bonus PJ sticker! :D But this time I believe it's extra music. Even better.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    AAJCAAJC Calgary, AB, Canada Posts: 262
    You waited this long, what's another week or two? We get the digital download day of release in a plethora of quality options.
  • Options
    AAJC wrote:
    You waited this long, what's another week or two? We get the digital download day of release in a plethora of quality options.
    Yeah, it's not that big a deal.... But I think we're getting off track here actually. This thread is about PJ's shipping generally. Not about how soon we get LB in particular. 10C is using a shipping service that is apparently sending our shit all over the fucking country just to get it to the next state, or even a few miles away. Well, their shipping rates just went UP because they decided to use a new service that is supposed to be environmentally friendly.... Yet their packages are being taken around the United States, back and forth in ridiculous ways (I mean, RKCNDY lives six miles from the warehouse and her package is in Arizona or something!!), which necessarily uses up MORE fuel. I don't see how this new shipping service is good for the environment. It seems to me that it's WORSE for the environment. Yet we're paying more?? THAT'S what's fucked. Not the fact that we might not get our LB albums on October 15th.
  • Options
    I am in Eugene, OR. My shipment started out over a week ago with an expected delivery day of October 7, leaving from Auburn, WA, travelled down the west coast, to Phoenix and is now travelled back up to Federal Way, WA. WTF?!

This is ridiculous. Time to get a better shipping solution.
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I am in Eugene, OR. My shipment started out over a week ago with an expected delivery day of October 7, leaving from Auburn, WA, travelled down the west coast, to Phoenix and is now travelled back up to Federal Way, WA. WTF?!

same situation here. there has to be a better/more efficient way to do this.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    nothing innovative about UPS Mail Innovations
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Yes WayYes Way Posts: 453

Hilarious! I just posted the exact same thing on a different thread. And I'm also in Eugene. Small world!

P.S. I'm trying to get a PJ20 screening at the Bijou Metro. I'll keep you posted if you're interested.
    Apr 07, 1994/Oct 01, 1996/Jul 07, 1998/Jul 08, 1998/Aug 29, 1998/Aug 31, 1998/Sep 01, 1998/Sep 03, 1998/Sep 04, 1998/Sep 06, 1998/Jun 01, 2000/Jun 04, 2000/Jun 06, 2000/Oct 20, 2000/Oct 21, 2000/Oct 22, 2000/Oct 24, 2000/Oct 25, 2000/Oct 20, 2001/Oct 21, 2001/May 30, 2003/Jun 01, 2003/Jun 02, 2003/Jun 28, 2003/Jul 02, 2003/Oct 25, 2003/Jul 15, 2006/Jul 16, 2006/Jul 18, 2006/Jul 20, 2006/Jul 22, 2006/Jul 23, 2006/Sep 21, 2009/Sep 22, 2009/Sep 26, 2009/Sep 25, 2011
  • Options

The innovation is clearly how to make delivery take the longest amount of time and make the most needless stops. Clearly no one is doing this....until now....innovation.

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    Yes Way wrote:

Hilarious! I just posted the exact same thing on a different thread. And I'm also in Eugene. Small world!

P.S. I'm trying to get a PJ20 screening at the Bijou Metro. I'll keep you posted if you're interested.

Awesome. That would be cool!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

The innovation is clearly how to make delivery take the longest amount of time and make the most needless stops. Clearly no one is doing this....until now....innovation.

touché ....

No positive innovation :D
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    AAJC wrote:
    Yeah, it's not that big a deal.... But I think we're getting off track here actually. This thread is about PJ's shipping generally. Not about how soon we get LB in particular. 10C is using a shipping service that is apparently sending our shit all over the fucking country just to get it to the next state, or even a few miles away. Well, their shipping rates just went UP because they decided to use a new service that is supposed to be environmentally friendly.... Yet their packages are being taken around the United States, back and forth in ridiculous ways (I mean, RKCNDY lives six miles from the warehouse and her package is in Arizona or something!!), which necessarily uses up MORE fuel. I don't see how this new shipping service is good for the environment. It seems to me that it's WORSE for the environment. Yet we're paying more?? THAT'S what's fucked. Not the fact that we might not get our LB albums on October 15th.
    :thumbup:
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    You won't believe this... Checked Mail Innovations again...

Date/Time Event Name Location
    08 Oct 2013 05:47 Undeliverable pkg. Returned. Call sender SEATTLE, WA
    08 Oct 2013 04:44 Received by the local post office SEATTLE, WA
    03 Oct 2013 12:06 Package processed by local post office CINCINNATI, OH
    02 Oct 2013 07:59 Shipment Info Received by Post Office ALLEN PARK, MI
    Date Description Location
    Oct 3 2013 Package transferred to Post Office DETROIT, MI
    Oct 2 2013 Ready for post office entry Urbancrest, OH
    Oct 1 2013 Package received by dest MI facility Urbancrest, OH
    Sep 28 2013 Package transferred to dest MI facility Auburn, WA
    Sep 27 2013 Package processed by Mail Innovations Auburn, WA
    Sep 27 2013 Shipment information received
    Sep 27 2013 Package received for processing

When I saw it said undeliverable, I called my local post office, they looked for it, not there, asked for the number, postal guy says "Oh I see, this happens all the time, Seattle's Zip Code is 98108, Ann Arbor has a 48108 (mine is 48104), Cincinnati PO thought it 98108 and sent it back to Seattle!" :fp:
    So I guess I get to endure this process one more time at least. Thanks a lot Cincinnati. smiley-finger007.gif. Just another reason for this Michigander to dislike Ohio! :lol::lol:

I think I might win for longest distance travelled, at least in the continental US! What's my prize?

At least I don't need to worry about it being delivered while we are in Pittsburgh and Buffalo this weekend! :lol:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    jlaustin wrote:
    You won't believe this... Checked Mail Innovations again...

Date/Time Event Name Location
    08 Oct 2013 05:47 Undeliverable pkg. Returned. Call sender SEATTLE, WA
    08 Oct 2013 04:44 Received by the local post office SEATTLE, WA
    03 Oct 2013 12:06 Package processed by local post office CINCINNATI, OH
    02 Oct 2013 07:59 Shipment Info Received by Post Office ALLEN PARK, MI
    Date Description Location
    Oct 3 2013 Package transferred to Post Office DETROIT, MI
    Oct 2 2013 Ready for post office entry Urbancrest, OH
    Oct 1 2013 Package received by dest MI facility Urbancrest, OH
    Sep 28 2013 Package transferred to dest MI facility Auburn, WA
    Sep 27 2013 Package processed by Mail Innovations Auburn, WA
    Sep 27 2013 Shipment information received
    Sep 27 2013 Package received for processing

When I saw it said undeliverable, I called my local post office, they looked for it, not there, asked for the number, postal guy says "Oh I see, this happens all the time, Seattle's Zip Code is 98108, Ann Arbor has a 48108 (mine is 48104), Cincinnati PO thought it 98108 and sent it back to Seattle!" :fp:
    So I guess I get to endure this process one more time at least. Thanks a lot Cincinnati. smiley-finger007.gif. Just another reason for this Michigander to dislike Ohio! :lol::lol:

I think I might win for longest distance travelled, at least in the continental US! What's my prize?

At least I don't need to worry about it being delivered while we are in Pittsburgh and Buffalo this weekend! :lol:
    :fp: :fp: :fp:
  • Options
    :shock: :fp: Holy fuck, these packages are really one of a kind! I'm so sorry to hear this!
    This shipping service is nothing but trouble!

I hope your lps will finally reach you at one point, jlaustin :wave:
  • Options
    :shock: :fp: Holy fuck, these packages are really one of a kind! I'm so sorry to hear this!
    This shipping service is nothing but trouble!

I hope your lps will finally reach you at one point, jlaustin :wave:

Oh damn, I just pm'd you, so I could share my pain with a friend!
    2015 Central Park

• Options
    BE9456BE9456 Posts: 145
    I hope they made extras cause mine shows delivered a day ago and I got nothing, I am in a office building so we have a mail dept so it didnt get left at my door and stolen.

this is super frustrating.
  • Options
    BE9456 wrote:
    I hope they made extras cause mine shows delivered a day ago and I got nothing, I am in a office building so we have a mail dept so it didnt get left at my door and stolen.

this is super frustrating.

You better check to make sure it didn't get sent back to Seattle! :problem: :lolno:
    2015 Central Park

• Options
    Mine was on the van that went to southern cali, over to phx, back up to washington, and it did finally deliver today in beautiful shape.
    Gorge