STONE GOSSARD TO RELEASE "MOONLANDER" ON JUNE 25TH

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited August 2013 in The Porch
http://pearljam.com/news/0/1/21775/ston ... _june_25th
STONE GOSSARD TO RELEASE "MOONLANDER" ON JUNE 25TH
April 16 2013

STONE GOSSARD TO RELEASE SOPHOMORE SOLO ALBUM AND ART COLLABORATION, "MOONLANDER", ON JUNE 25TH

New Song + Accompanying Piece of Original Artwork Available Every Tuesday for the next 10 Weeks Starting Today at pearljam.com/moonlander

Two digital EPs, Apollo and Luna, will be released on iTunes on May 7th and June 4th

Stone Gossard will release his sophomore solo album, Moonlander, on Tuesday June 25th in digital and limited edition vinyl formats via Monkeywrench Records.

The debut track from Moonlander, "I Need Something Different", is available for free download beginning today at http://pearljam.com/moonlander. Each Tuesday for the next 10 weeks, a stream of a new album track and corresponding piece of original artwork will be revealed on the site.

"Songs from the album were recorded between 2003-2011," explains Gossard. "Over the last year, I went through all of my old demos and recordings that weren’t used as Pearl Jam or Brad songs and picked my favorites. With the help of Floyd Reitsma (Studio Litho engineer), Pete Droge (Executive Producer), and Hans Teuber (multi-instrumentalist and long time Hank Khoir collaborator) I went about trying to finish them. This included lots of re-singing tracks, fleshing out and re-editing, adding new instruments..."

Moonlander consists of 11 original songs written and performed by Gossard as well as 11 accompanying pieces of artwork.

"My daughter loves to paint and draw and when she would, I would as well," says Gossard. "I hope the pieces convey a sense of freedom from formal rules and of playfulness that comes from hanging with your lovely 5-year old."

Moonlander Tracklisting:
1. I Need Something Different
2. Moon Landing
3. Both Live
4. Your Flames
5. Battle Cry
6. King of the Junkies
7. Remain
8. I Don't Want To Go To Bed
9. Bombs Away
10. Witch Doctor
11. Beyond Measure

Moonlander features appearances from Gossard's fellow musicians including Matt Cameron (Pearl Jam, Soundgarden), Matt Chamberlain, Regan Hagar (Brad, Malfunkshun, Satchel), Pete Droge, Brandon Harper, Gregg Keplinger, Keith Lowe, Barbara Ireland (The Fags) and Hans Teuber.

Moonlander EPs:
In addition to the full-length album, Gossard will release two four-song EPs on iTunes. "Apollo", comprised of the album's first four tracks, will be available on Tuesday, May 7th and "Luna", the subsequent four tracks from Moonlander, on Tuesday, June 4th.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• halvhalv Posts: 675
    Awesome!! Looking forward to it.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    great news!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    finally. excited for this. nice to see some of the songs from a few years ago get the album treatment.
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    are you taking pre orders yet?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,905
    Hope this doesn't delay the PJ album or tour.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Can't wait! Love me some Stone!! :)

Wish these 2 EP's Apollo & Luna though were available here @ the 10club store via Flac format.
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Loving 'I Need Something DIfferent'. Bassline and riff are very very cool. Imagine EV vocals on it and people would go bat-shit crazy over this.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    boyo79 wrote:
    Loving 'I Need Something DIfferent'. Bassline and riff are very very cool. Imagine EV vocals on it and people would go bat-shit crazy over this.

Brilliant track! I love Stone's solo work. Bayleaf is a great album so really excited for this.... :)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    veddertown wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

Brilliant track! I love Stone's solo work. Bayleaf is a great album so really excited for this.... :)

Never given Bayleaf much attention but I reckon I'll give it a play tomorrow!

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Awesome news!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    One quick question.....

Vinyl? :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    mfc2006 wrote:
    One quick question.....

Yup! ;)

"Stone Gossard will release his sophomore solo album, Moonlander, on Tuesday June 25th in digital and limited edition vinyl formats via Monkeywrench Records."
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    veddertown wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    One quick question.....

Yup! ;)

"Stone Gossard will release his sophomore solo album, Moonlander, on Tuesday June 25th in digital and limited edition vinyl formats via Monkeywrench Records."
  • U_it'sUUUU_it'sUUU Posts: 75
    "I don't want to go to bed" is a very Stone song title. of those that I so miss!
    And given that songs were written in a time span from 2003 to 2011 I wonder who this "King of the junkies" is for...
    Waiting...

this limited editions should be read as "limited quantities" or "limited numbered edition"? limited quantities could mean 100K, limited edition could mean 1K, 10 K and numbered if stated... I gather this limited edition as limited quantities, not number, they'll make thounsands in different runs...

veddertown wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    One quick question.....

Yup! ;)

must've missed that. thanks, Gary! really digging this tune.....sounds fantastic!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • betterday52betterday52 Posts: 204
    i like the song, too. Really cool artwork. The painting over the woman just looks like a bunch of random brushstrokes, but it's lying on the floor sideways, and now i see a mans face :-) yes, i already made a copy of the page. Yeah, they don't call me the family docmentian for nothing :-)
    our future is paved with better days

EV Austin Nov 9 &11 2012
    EPIC Wrigley 7/19/2013 who could ever forget that date :-) my first PJ
    Dallas 11/15/2013
    OKC 11/16/2013
    Seattle 2 hopefully?!
  • betterday52betterday52 Posts: 204
    So fun to see a project from the very beginning unfold :-)
    our future is paved with better days

EV Austin Nov 9 &11 2012
    EPIC Wrigley 7/19/2013 who could ever forget that date :-) my first PJ
    Dallas 11/15/2013
    OKC 11/16/2013
    Seattle 2 hopefully?!
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    So happy this is finally coming out, the song-a-week idea is pretty cool too :D

Does anyone remember Stone's songs and videos that were on here about 5 years ago? Both Live, Your Flames and Beyond Measure were available then (along with Little One and Haiti), I wonder how the new versions will sound...

Your Flames http://youtu.be/_-EZ1x7vQu4
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Wish released as cd too. I'm old school, but not really old school.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Wish released as cd too. I'm old school, but not really old school.

I was thinking the same. I prefer to listen to CDs in the car and most of my music collection is CD-based.

It would be nice to have both Stone albums sat on the shelf together. :mrgreen:
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    Nice song. Not a huge fan of the vocals though.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Wish released as cd too. I'm old school, but not really old school.

No CD release? Not even on a later date?

• goldrush wrote:
    So happy this is finally coming out, the song-a-week idea is pretty cool too :D

Does anyone remember Stone's songs and videos that were on here about 5 years ago? Both Live, Your Flames and Beyond Measure were available then (along with Little One and Haiti), I wonder how the new versions will sound...

Your Flames http://youtu.be/_-EZ1x7vQu4

I love that song :D
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    surely there will be a CD?
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Gotta say the first song leaves a lot to be desired. Pretty basic stuff all around especially the lyrics and vocal delivery. Curious to hear the rest though.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I just listened to the first song and I like it. Great riff and the bass sounds perfect (was Stone playing bass?). Could have easily been worked into a song for Pearl Jam.

They MUST do a CD, no?? Surely CDs are cheaper to make & distribute than vinyl.

Isn't Jeff's solo record still available on vinyl? They did CDs of that too.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Stone is very environmentally minded so I guess if there isn't a cd it could be because of that. Obviously Vinyl has emissions too but some sacrifices have to be made I guess. It would be great if the vinyl came with a mp3 code a la Subpop. Best of both worlds in that respect.
    I just listened to the first song and I like it. Great riff and the bass sounds perfect (was Stone playing bass?). Could have easily been worked into a song for Pearl Jam.

Definitely agree

• High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    boyo79 wrote:

Definitely agree

Although I can't picture Eddie singing "I gotta shake my ass" or whatever it was... Stone, yeah, I can see that. :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!