Options

This All Encompassing Trip - The Book *Back in stock*

pjbizpjbiz Posts: 208
edited February 2012 in The Porch
Just following up on my interview on the Sirius XM roundtable show last night with The Rob and Tim who, by the way, are doing a fantastic job. It's not easy to coordinate a talk show that broadcasts from New York with the hosts located in both Seattle and San Fran, the guest calling in from London, and band members calling in from Los Angeles and interrupting in the studios all at the same time. Thanks for having me on the show and it was pleasure to share tour experiences and the details about my book.

In case you missed it, the book is called:
This All Encompassing Trip - Chasing Pearl Jam Around The World

Available for order at http://www.ThisAllEncompassingTrip.com

There's more information about the book including a video trailer that Vedder said he really enjoyed (on the show). It's a good overall travel book for anyone, but if you're a Pearl Jam fan, you'll love it. At the very least, it makes a great xmas gift. So check it out on there and feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jason@touringvan.com">jason@touringvan.com</a><!-- e -->

Oh and $1 from every order from this website will go to the Wishlist Foundation :)

Also, keep up to date with all the news, including book signing events and photos on the facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/ThisAllEncompassingTrip

Books are shipped worldwide both from the US AND the UK!

thanks
Jason

*NEW UPDATE*
Website has been redesigned. Check out the NEW site:
http://thisallencompassingtrip.com/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    fantastic book my friend!!!well done!!!cant wait to meet again in the next show :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SM169849SM169849 Thunder Bay Ontario Canada Posts: 93
    Greetings from Thunder Bay Jason !! I just ordered the book and am really looking forward to it, and just wanted to say great job on the show last night!!!!! Scott :D
    * Xcel Energy Center - Jun 16, 2003
    * Xcel Energy Center - Jun 26, 2006
    * Fort William Garden - Sep 09, 2005
    * United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    * United Center - Aug 24, 2009
  • Options
    You were great last night... book ordered :D
    Excited to read it...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    I finished reading yesterday!!! Awesome!! :D Thank you so much, Jason!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    I just finished up the book myself Jason. Great book. Very entertaining and well-written. Of course I'm green with envy from your travels and experiences. Question though, where can I find the "Touring Van DVD" that I kept reading about? Would love to get a video experience of your travels as well!
    Cheers!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Ordered.
    Can't wait to read it :D
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,131
    Very cool. Good luck with the book sales.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    ADogNamedPilateADogNamedPilate Texas, USA Posts: 291
    nice, Wintersleep!
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
  • Options
    I just finished up the book myself Jason. Great book. Very entertaining and well-written. Of course I'm green with envy from your travels and experiences. Question though, where can I find the "Touring Van DVD" that I kept reading about? Would love to get a video experience of your travels as well!
    Cheers!

Thanks guys. You can watch the Behind the Van documentary here
    http://vimeo.com/channels/behindthevan

and the original Touring Van videos are linked at the bottom of this page
    http://www.thisallencompassingtrip.com/ ... -projects/

Jason
  • Options
    thanks Jason! just watched like 50 minutes of the touring van vids and all i can say is i love u guys. only having seen 5 shows, i wish i knew more of you in person, however, i feel forever connected and hope to meet some of the crazies in the near future :D
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    Ordering it !! cant wait to read it !! thanks jason!
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I am feeling tempted to order this book! :D
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,809
    Jason, job very well done, sir. Last time I talked to you, I had seen you had a piece picked up on Current - I believe you were in Iceland? Anyway, I'll definitely be ordering this - good shit. Can't wait to read the part on the Philly tailgate scene in its entirety.

And on an unrelated/related note, you went to the wrong cheesesteak joints. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Jason, loved the book as you already know and have sent out several as presents! Congrats!
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    pjbiz wrote:
    Guys,
    Just following up on my interview on the Sirius XM roundtable show last night with The Rob and Tim who, by the way, are doing a fantastic job. It's not easy to coordinate a talk show that broadcasts from New York with the hosts located in both Seattle and San Fran, the guest calling in from London, and band members calling in from Los Angeles and interrupting in the studios all at the same time. Thanks for having me on the show and it was pleasure to share tour experiences and the details about my book.

In case you missed it, the book is called:
    This All Encompassing Trip - Chasing Pearl Jam Around The World

Available for order at http://www.ThisAllEncompassingTrip.com

There's more information about the book including a video trailer that Vedder said he really enjoyed (on the show). It's a good overall travel book for anyone, but if you're a Pearl Jam fan, you'll love it. At the very least, it makes a great xmas gift. So check it out on there and feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jason@touringvan.com">jason@touringvan.com</a><!-- e -->

Oh and $1 from every order from this website will go to the Wishlist Foundation :)

thanks
    Jason

Great job on PJXM Jason... and we all thank you for the Wishlist proceeds! xoxoxo :clap:
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    can't wait to order this.. I shoulda done this!!! lmao there's so many great stories of running after these guys. ( PJ) too bad those days are over.. :-(
  • Options
    Jason, job very well done, sir. Last time I talked to you, I had seen you had a piece picked up on Current - I believe you were in Iceland? Anyway, I'll definitely be ordering this - good shit. Can't wait to read the part on the Philly tailgate scene in its entirety.

And on an unrelated/related note, you went to the wrong cheesesteak joints. :mrgreen:

Yeah I realize that the next few times I stopped in Philly! Which are the right cheesesteak joints?
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Looking forward to reading it. Really glad someone took the time to put all this craziness down to paper and tell the stories of what a lot of us go through to see this band.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    do it.. ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    thefixer9 wrote:
    do it.. ;)

How much is it?
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    Congratulations on getting on Amazon Jason! :clap:

http://www.amazon.com/Encompassing-Chas ... 244&sr=8-1
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Congratulations on getting on Amazon Jason! :clap:

http://www.amazon.com/Encompassing-Chas ... 244&sr=8-1

Thanks Laura,
    We're eventually going to shift everyone over to Amazon. But for now, please still order from the book's website http://www.ThisAllEncompassingTrip.com

We have no control over the orders on Amazon or any other places that are selling the book as they are not through us. So they will not be contributing a $1 to the Wishlist Foundation, only orders from the website will. Our goal is to raise $1000 for Wishlist and we are a quarter of the way there :) Excellent work people!

Jason
  • Options
    Bump30Bump30 Burlington Ontario Posts: 446
    This is a most have/own/read!!
    Toronto - 2009
    Hartford - 2010
    Ed Solo - Hartford - 2011
    Toronto X 2, Ottawa & Hamilton - 2011
    Ed Solo - Jacksonville - 2012
    London, Pittsburgh & Buffalo - 2013
    No shows in 2014 :-(
  • Options
    bump... :D
  • Options
    This book better portray me in a very flattering light or I am suing
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    bump :)
  • Options
    This book better portray me in a very flattering light or I am suing

It's as flattering to you as it could be, give or take a few f bombs that you dropped :)
  • Options
    I'm halfway through the book and am loving it - I thoroughly recommend it, however it should come with a warning that you could end up spending a 'small' fortune after reading it as it's making me want to see as many shows as possible the very next time they tour! :D
    That's the best way to spend £$€ though, right?!
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Options
    bump....

a great read!!!!... buy this book!!!! :D
  • Options
    shine79shine79 Posts: 49
    edited January 2011
    this is incredibly cool, thanks for sharing.
    i'm a longtime fan, but new to the community, and i cant get over the love and kindness around here. i only wish i was part of that epic trip too, 'cause it looks like it was pretty darn amazing!

On a side note, i think you may have met my sister recently, but i could be wrong. She was in the midst of apt. renos a few weeks back, and described to me how she met this huge PJ fan. And honestly, i didn't think much of it at the time, but as i was browsing your website i couldn't help but notice so many similarities. I mean, aside from living in the same city and all ;)

EDIT: I forgot to edit this awhile back...but it was actually another PJ fan my sister met, starts with a 'C'. Sorry for any confusion :oops:
    Post edited by shine79 on
    06.19.98 Vancouver | 11.06.00 Seattle | 05.30.03 Vancouver | 09.25.09 Vancouver