Options

Sober fans meet up @ PJ20

Dr. DanDr. Dan Posts: 11
edited September 2011 in The Porch
This is a call out to all my fellow sober PJ fans. If you want to hang at the festival and support each other in recovery then let's make a plan. It is always nice to have a sober companion. I am looking forward to an absolutely Rockin' weekend!

See you in Wisconsin.
Go Terps!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,319
    Not sure as to my exact plans. One thing for sure is atfer the shows , I'm DD.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    DK214851 wrote:
    This is a call out to all my fellow sober PJ fans. If you want to hang at the festival and support each other in recovery then let's make a plan. It is always nice to have a sober companion. I am looking forward to an absolutely Rockin' weekend!

See you in Wisconsin.

Good on you.
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • Options
    darrin58darrin58 Posts: 88
    If I am there I would love to meet up. Still trying to find a way there from Mississippi.
    (1996) 9.28 (1998) 8.25 9.10 (2000) 8.3 9.1 9.2 (2001) 10.22 (2003) 4.28 5.3 7.1 7.5 7.6 7.8 7.9 7.12 7.14 (2004) 10.1 (2005) 9.16 9.30 10.1 10.3 (2006) 5.9 5.10 5.12 5.24 5.25 5.27 5.28 6.1 6.3 7.9 7.10 (2008) 6.19 6.20 6.22 6.25 8.16 (2009) 6.12 6.14 8.21 10.27 10.28 10.30 (2010) 5.15 5.18 5.20 8.28 (2011) 7.1 (2012) 9.21 9.22 (2013) 10.18 10.19 10.29 10.30 (2014) 10.1 (2016) 4.26 8.20 8.22 (2018) 8.18 8.20 9.2 9.4
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Not sure as to my exact plans. One thing for sure is atfer the shows , I'm DD.

I'll be the DD as well. If only I had a bigger car :)

But, back to the topic, this might be kind of cool. Keep us posted!
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    I am a non-drinker as well. Sober people will remember most of the weekend, so we have that going for us!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    I am a non-drinker as well. Sober people will remember most of the weekend, so we have that going for us!

the irony of the baseball team you root for and the city you live in is kind of funny
  • Options
    I will also be the DD that weekend, works out good for my friends and I becacuse we wont have to pay the $40 shuttle to and from snug harbor camp site to Alpine.
  • Options
    I am also a big Phish fan. I went to 2 shows this weekend @ Merriweather Post. The great thing about going to these shows is the Phellowship group that meets before, half time and after the show. They even have people sitting at the table/tent during the show for support.

It may just be cool to pick a spot and meet at certain times. I don't know Alpine at all, so I am not sure where a good spot may be. I will do a little research.

And yes, it is great being able to remember the entire set list at the end of the night.
    Go Terps!
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    I'm not a drinker as well. This is a great idea! Let me know what you guys come up with. :D
  • Options
    sheila0225 wrote:
    I'm not a drinker as well. This is a great idea! Let me know what you guys come up with. :D

If a group does not already exist, I propose starting one. What should we call ourselves?
    A couple of ideas:
    Rearviewmirror
    Once
    The Black Circle

I would love some feedback on this.
    Dan
    Go Terps!
  • Options
    DK214851 wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

If a group does not already exist, I propose starting one. What should we call ourselves?
    A couple of ideas:
    Rearviewmirror
    Once
    The Black Circle

Dan
    ALIVE!!

or

Wasted Reprise

Inside Job(bers)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Inside Jobbers has a fairly hilarious ring to it.

I emailed the ten club today to see about setting up a table or tent inside the venue for sober fans to congregate. Let's see what kind of response I get. If I don't hear back from them I will give the PJ business office a call in a few days.

Dan

mickeyrat wrote:
    DK214851 wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

A couple of ideas:
    Rearviewmirror
    Once
    The Black Circle

Dan
    ALIVE!!

or

Wasted Reprise

Inside Job(bers)
    Go Terps!
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    A little bit of tailgaiting before we go into the venue is fun....but I'm not planning on over-drinking. It's too expensive, and this trip/show is too much trouble to not even remember it. :D
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    will one of you make sure I get back to my campsite safe?
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Options

LOL. I am sure we would glad to be of service. I love drunk idiots after all I used to be one :0)
    Dan
    Go Terps!
  • Options
    Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    Sawyer wrote:

the irony of the baseball team you root for and the city you live in is kind of funny
    Hey Brew Crew...looks like there are two people in Milwaukee who don't drink, and we're both transplants!

I'd love catching up with others who are also dry. 10 years for me on July 25, and my 10th PJ show on Sept 3...10 years + 10 shows = PJ20!
  • Options
    DK214851 wrote:

LOL. I am sure we would glad to be of service. I love drunk idiots after all I used to be one :0)
    Dan
    True dat DK! I must tell you about my drunk idiot neigbor who built a mobile bar...even my kids realize he's got a problem.
  • Options
    I'm a transplant as well from the East Coast!

So that makes 3 transplants who don't drink in Milwaukee. :D
    Black73 wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:

Hey Brew Crew...looks like there are two people in Milwaukee who don't drink, and we're both transplants!

I'd love catching up with others who are also dry. 10 years for me on July 25, and my 10th PJ show on Sept 3...10 years + 10 shows = PJ20!
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    I think this is a great suggestion! I do drink but only one or two. I can't stand getting drunk. I'm the adult child of an alcoholic. I won't be attending PJ20 but just wanted to show my support for this idea.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Sawyer wrote:

Yes the irony there is rich haha
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    Black73 wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:

Nice! Good for you. Love to hear that kind of stuff can happen to folks.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
  • Options
    sheila0225 wrote:
    I'm a transplant as well from the East Coast!

So that makes 3 transplants who don't drink in Milwaukee. :D
    3 is the magic number!
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    In the immortal words of MC grand wizard Slick Rick

"hey kids walk straight
    MASTER your high."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GG40STr9z0
  • Options
    doing it sober style bump.

any word on the table/tent?

• Options
    CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    Kudos for this effort. I'm not shy about throwing back a few beers, but at the same time, it is rare when I will drink even one at a show.

And I congratulate those fans who are in recovery for their strength. Keep it up!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    doing it sober style bump.

any word on the table/tent?
    No word yet. Perhaps I will give a call on Friday if I do not year something by then.
    Dan
    Go Terps!
  • Options
    Kudos for this effort. I'm not shy about throwing back a few beers, but at the same time, it is rare when I will drink even one at a show.

And I congratulate those fans who are in recovery for their strength. Keep it up!
    Thank you. I have really been surprised by all the support from the "normies.". It is nice to know we have so many people pulling for us.
    Go Terps!
  • Options
    You'd be surprised by who is pulling and rooting for those that are in recovery. I know for me personally I'm a huge cheerleader of those in recovery.
    So....kudos to all that are in recovery....and kudos to all of those that don't drink. :)
  • Options
    jryan1981jryan1981 Posts: 35
    i think this is a great idea. I just got 3 years in march. let me know any info
  • Options
    ChadsStillAliveChadsStillAlive Indianapolis Posts: 450
    10 years clean here, coming up on 11 in July if I get there one day at a time. I am a jam band follower and festival-goer, so I am familiar with the various groups/"camp traction" that hold vendor tables and create an opportunity for those of us trying to steer clear of danger in slippery situations. I just got back from Bonnaroo and having that table to go to and two meetings a day is a wonderful way to keep our heads on straight in the midst of the madness. I think creating one of these for PJ fans is a brilliant idea. I will happily take a shift at the table/chair a meeting, just not during PJ. :)
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side.
    I am right by your side.