Options

26 Things Non-Paul Voters Are Basically Saying

WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128
edited February 2012 in A Moving Train
RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I might change my vote if he changes his GOP affiliation. - :lol:
  • Options
    Young voters are enamored by his lies.
  • Options
    Are we supposed to list 26?
  • Options
    neither party is in step with his views. The Dems are addicted to welfare, the Repubs are addicted to warfare.

and what lies? Name one, please.
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
  • Options
    I don't follow the specific antics of Ron Paul. I have though see him flip flop political views in the matter of flipping from news channel to news channel. Which has turned me off completely.

War is a problem... welfare is not. You want to fix the world it starts with humanitarian effort which by the way is welfare. You know why its called welfare? Because you care about the "Welfare" of your fellow citizens and reguard them as human beings.

(in personal beliefs, I do know his son defiled a God I believe in, which doesnt say much because i respect most deities)
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    these are some additional things i am saying as a non paul voter.

27. i will never vote for a republican, even if jesus christ came back and ran in 2016.

28. i will never vote for the man who spawned rand paul.

29. i will never vote for someone who is pro-life.

30. i will never vote for another texan in any race at any time in my life.

31. i will never vote for someone who will never ever consider raising taxes when necessary. shit happens sometimes and we might need that increased revenue.

32. i will never vote for a man who is more concerned about freedom vs. tyranny than doing the right thing.

33. i will never vote for someone who champions state's rights over everything else.

34. i will never vote for a man who will cut medicare, medicaid, or any other publicly funded program that is there as a safety net to help the elderly, infirmed, or less fortunate.

those are just a few off the top of my head that i did not put much effort into.. i am sure if it were worthwhile to me i could come up with more, but i am pretty much just over the know it all, condescending tone of the blogger who came up with that list....talk about generalizations and shoveling words into peoples' mouths.... sheesh...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    I don't follow the specific antics of Ron Paul. I have though see him flip flop political views in the matter of flipping from news channel to news channel. Which has turned me off completely.

then surely you can give an example of a flipflop.
  • Options

• Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    Ron Paul had a rough night last night. :-| . It must be disappointing considering these were caucuses and that was supposed to be his best shot at a primary win. But I find it sad to blame the voter for your canidates horrible showing last night. Face it. End the Fed and rEVOLution are not winning stratagies and your canidate is not the leader you wish he was.
  • Options
    WaveRyder wrote:

This is a flip flop:

I watch so much bs it was a flip flop on a GOP policy like the rest of them. I flipped from news channel to another and viola! he was speaking live against just what I saw him speak live for. Sorry, I didnt write it down, it was last year at this time. Thats all I remember, after that point it was enough for me to turn him off.

A specific on the issue, I dont remember. I do remember when I first see him speak I was like wow! nice guy, flipped the channel and said holy crap was I wrong! Channel flipping from MSNBC to Fox.
  • Options
    (Facepalm) There are a lot legitimate reasons not to like or support Paul but you are the only person calling him a flipflopper. Surely you can google something....no wait...you can't. There has never been anyone as consistent as ron paul and even his most critical adversaries admit that he's consistent. Calling him a flipflopper shows just how far removed from political reality you must be. Now, if you want to talk flip flops, let's talk Romney, Obama, Newt and Santorum.
  • Options

War is a problem... welfare is not. You want to fix the world it starts with humanitarian effort which by the way is welfare. You know why its called welfare? Because you care about the "Welfare" of your fellow citizens and reguard them as human beings.

(in personal beliefs, I do know his son defiled a God I believe in, which doesnt say much because i respect most deities)

How many gods do you believe in?
  • Options
    these are some additional things i am saying as a non paul voter.

27. i will never vote for a republican, even if jesus christ came back and ran in 2016.

28. i will never vote for the man who spawned rand paul.

29. i will never vote for someone who is pro-life.

30. i will never vote for another texan in any race at any time in my life.

31. i will never vote for someone who will never ever consider raising taxes when necessary. shit happens sometimes and we might need that increased revenue.

32. i will never vote for a man who is more concerned about freedom vs. tyranny than doing the right thing.

33. i will never vote for someone who champions state's rights over everything else.

34. i will never vote for a man who will cut medicare, medicaid, or any other publicly funded program that is there as a safety net to help the elderly, infirmed, or less fortunate.

those are just a few off the top of my head that i did not put much effort into.. i am sure if it were worthwhile to me i could come up with more, but i am pretty much just over the know it all, condescending tone of the blogger who came up with that list....talk about generalizations and shoveling words into peoples' mouths.... sheesh...

I'm posting from my phone today so I won't be responding to this until tomorrow....there's just too much BS to dive into on a Droid.
  • Options
    Democrats are not addicted to welfare and saying something that downright silly isn't going to win you anything but rolled eyes.

I'm a democrat, a card carrying proud liberal and I'm willing to bet I make a hell of a lot more than you do. Not like it matters. We need to stop suggesting that republicans are all war mongers and democrats are all lazy and find a way to work together. And I don't personally think Ron Paul's "burn it all own, salt the earth and let people do whatever they want" is the answer.

And your list reads like it was written by a bratty high school student who says anyone with differing political views is stupid and uses terms like "conservatard" or "libby."
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    What strikes me about this list is what it excludes. Woods mentions...

The economy (several times)
    Education
    Afghanistan
    Cuba and Castro
    Drugs and prison
    The Constitution
    Iraq
    Gingrich
    The Middle East,
    "Indefinite detention for U.S. citizens"
    The media
    Romney

...but nowhere does he address environmental issues, particularly climate change.

So does that mean that Ron Paul supporters are saying, "We have all these things listed above to worry about- why bother with something as trivial as the environment?" I hope that's not what this means.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Democrats are not addicted to welfare and saying something that downright silly isn't going to win you anything but rolled eyes.

I'm a democrat, a card carrying proud liberal and I'm willing to bet I make a hell of a lot more than you do. Not like it matters. We need to stop suggesting that republicans are all war mongers and democrats are all lazy and find a way to work together. And I don't personally think Ron Paul's "burn it all own, salt the earth and let people do whatever they want" is the answer.

And your list reads like it was written by a bratty high school student who says anyone with differing political views is stupid and uses terms like "conservatard" or "libby."

Whoa. I wasn't referring to income levels. I was saying dems are addicted to spending money on entitlement programs.even if we can't afford it..wasn't saying that ppl are dems because they're poor. Dems and repubs are addicted to spending money that we don't have. Sorry for the confusion. And its not my list....its a blog I thought id share here because I thought it was funny, sad and true. I didn't expect everybody to agree. Thanks for reading it, if you did.
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:
    What strikes me about this list is what it excludes. Woods mentions...

The economy (several times)
    Education
    Afghanistan
    Cuba and Castro
    Drugs and prison
    The Constitution
    Iraq
    Gingrich
    The Middle East,
    "Indefinite detention for U.S. citizens"
    The media
    Romney

...but nowhere does he address environmental issues, particularly climate change.

So does that mean that Ron Paul supporters are saying, "We have all these things listed above to worry about- why bother with something as trivial as the environment?" I hope that's not what this means.
    That's a good observation. I think Woods realizes that most GOPers AREN'T that concerned with the environment, if anything they think the epa is too big. The intent of the blog is to sway primary voters. And I will admit the environment isn't a tenant of ron pauls campaign like the other things listed. Even so, its my opinion that he's the best option for president we've had in a long long time and the most reasonable republican candidate we've ever had.
  • Options
    WaveRyder wrote:
    Whoa. I wasn't referring to income levels. I was saying dems are addicted to spending money on entitlement programs.even if we can't afford it..wasn't saying that ppl are dems because they're poor. Dems and repubs are addicted to spending money that we don't have. Sorry for the confusion. And its not my list....its a blog I thought id share here because I thought it was funny, sad and true. I didn't expect everybody to agree. Thanks for reading it, if you did.

Oh I always read the stuff you post. I seldom agree and I do poke at you with my devil's advocate arguments but I do at least try to understand what you're saying.

I don't agree about addicted to spending on entitlement programs. And usually when I ask specifically about which entitlements, people don't really have answers.

And if we pulled out of the war, we'd have plenty of money. Or taxed the people who have the money. Im one of the people who would pay more if the bush tax cuts expired. And I'm just fine with that. We'd all be better off.
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    Voters, it turns out, aren't naively idealistic libertarians. Ron Paul does speak some truth that the other Republicans will either avoid or ignorantly disavow, but he's still ignorant about reality in many ways himself.

Most people are not paranoid when it comes to the role of government. Most people think that the government should make sure everyone has health insurance, for example.

Ron Paul would not just abolish the Fed (which is probably a dumb idea), but he'd also abolish the HUD, which is an extremely dumb idea. Does he want to send all of the nation's homeless out into the mountains to look for gold, since it's the only viable currency, apparently?

He's an just old fool, mining for fools' gold, and he's found a lot of it out there, but he'll never find enough fools to get himself elected President.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    This is a flip flop:

I watch so much bs it was a flip flop on a GOP policy like the rest of them. I flipped from news channel to another and viola! he was speaking live against just what I saw him speak live for. Sorry, I didnt write it down, it was last year at this time. Thats all I remember, after that point it was enough for me to turn him off.

A specific on the issue, I dont remember. I do remember when I first see him speak I was like wow! nice guy, flipped the channel and said holy crap was I wrong! Channel flipping from MSNBC to Fox.

I call BS.
  • Options
    wont bother to read the thread but I can answer it myself, they pretty much say they are 100% <cough> retarded <cough>...
    ~ Enjoy The Struggle
  • Options
    mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353
    WaveRyder wrote:

This is a flip flop:

unless you can specifically mention what it was, it didn't happen.

seriously...you don't just get to come on here and say he flip flopped and not give AT LEAST one example of how.
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options
    Young voters are enamored by his lies.

which lies?
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options
    I want to be spoken to like this: “My fellow Americans, you are the awesomest of the awesome, and the only reason anyone in the world might be unhappy with your government is because of your sheer awesomeness.

If someone has a drug problem, prison rape is the best solution I can think of.

I think it’s a good idea to vote for Mitt Romney, whose top three donors are Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, and Morgan Stanley, and a bad idea to vote for Ron Paul, whose top three donors are the U.S. Army, the U.S. Navy, and the U.S. Air Force.

I like reading Tom Woods. He gets fired up a lot...and he nailed it with this list

RON PAUL WILL NOT CUT MEDICARE, MEDICAID OR SOCIAL SECURITY for those currently on it. and will phase people out and allow those in the future to opt out at a young age. There are ways to fund these programs people have become dependent on and he starts by saying ending the wars and bringing the troops home will cover most of it...what a moron. Can we please stop with the medicare medicaid demagoguery.
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options
    I think he is a fraud. Sorry.

I dont particullarly think he GOP affiliation is helping his "liberal but conservative" image. Oxymoron in itself.

I have this reoccuring picture of Jeff Dunham's puppet Walter in my head.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    wish I could take a little of every candidate and roll it into one
    add some common sense, omit the party baggage, and them believe my vote
    and that person could really make a difference
  • Options
    I think he is a fraud. Sorry.

I dont particullarly think he GOP affiliation is helping his "liberal but conservative" image. Oxymoron in itself.

I have this reoccuring picture of Jeff Dunham's puppet Walter in my head.

you don't have to apologize for thinking someone is a fraud, but you must have a reason...otherwise it is simply perception from misunderstanding...I don't think anyone would call Paul a fraud save for Lawrence O'Donnell..you can call him an asshole, you can call him crazy for thinking he can actually change the GOP from the inside, you can all him misguided for wanting to return to an actual constitutionally limited government...but a fraud? not a label put on him often
    honestly, this may sound a bit mean...but it is that kind of attitude...support based on perception and promises and not a record of actions that gets us into trouble as a country time and time again. GWB said he was a small government conservative and fooled a lot of people...then when it was time to vote again, the same ones who supported him as a small government conservative believed in his government expansion the second time around again and somehow thought he was still a conservative...
    People thought Obama was going to change the world...why, because he SAID he was different...now that he has been proven to not be different...people will still support him...I don't understand and will never understand. This whole lesser of two evils thing will bring the end to our republic.
    We have been doing things the same way for at least the last 100 years...the Federal Reserve and government economic intervention have had at least 100 years to make a difference...and they have gotten us to what we have today. Is it ok to live here...yes...could it be absolutely better...yes...and yet we as a nation continue to do things the same way and expect that to somehow create a "better" nation. I wish I didn't care about politics at all...life would be much easier.
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,629
    mikepegg44 wrote:
    RON PAUL WILL NOT CUT MEDICARE, MEDICAID OR SOCIAL SECURITY for those currently on it.

Maybe Ron has said more about the issue of Medicaid than what's on his web pages, but what's on them regarding Medicaid is pretty narrow and dim. On Ronnpaul.com, he hooks the 'I'm a victim of taxes' crowed with the question: "Why should anyone be forced to subsidize the medical care of others?" and then goes on to essentially say that poor people will get free healthcare through charity. He doesn't directly say that Medicaid would be gone, but that's what can be taken from it, as he also goes on about government not being involved in healthcare (as he will work to prevent 'opportunist politicians' from having any sort of unhealthy influence over out bodies).

On Ronpaul2012, the only reference to Medicaid I could see was that he wants to keep the money intended for it to not get "raided" for other things. Maybe you could see that as a flip-flop by omission.
  • Options
    quote="mikepegg44"]
    WaveRyder wrote:

This is a flip flop:

unless you can specifically mention what it was, it didn't happen.

seriously...you don't just get to come on here and say he flip flopped and not give AT LEAST one example of how.[/quote]

I just did. It happened. Ive seen alot of things. The things I worry about and fight for then to see that shit is an instant toss.
  • Options
    mikepegg44 wrote: RON PAUL WILL NOT CUT MEDICARE, MEDICAID OR SOCIAL SECURITY for those currently on it.

Key words:

"for those currently on it"

What is with the attack on Social Security? A program that has been sustainable by its citizens for many years. Why? Cuz yah all cant wait to get your hands on the cash. That was also part of Bush platform if I remember correctly in 2000.