Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’ll ask again, since Team Trump Treason’s base is a lost cause, how or what should we call the former Obama supporters, independents and moderate repubs who voted for him, particularly if they continue to support him after these past two years?
    I think you should keep calling them one toothed Cletus white supremest neo-nazis.  That’s definitely a winning strategy for convincing them to consider your point of view and narrow the division.  There is no way a dem could lose with a base using such an eloquent strategy.
    They should consider a not-trump view because it is sane, rational and correct.

Why should you have to lure them out with nice words and hugs? Are you saying they are that dumb?

Nope, as I said, the racist name calling is obviously the best strategy.  I would only call Swedes that think they should have a say in American politics dumb.  Is that how your mom lures you out of bed in the morning/mid afternoon?
    so why do you think negative political attack ads work so well? are you saying it only works on republicans? 
    I don’t think negative political adds make much difference beyond giving already hardliners a sense of validation.  That being said, I rarely watch actual broadcast TV, so I am pretty oblivious to what political commercial nonsense is being aired.  I do believe that much of today’s discourse and distrust is media driven...and purposeful.  Negativity is a positive thing when you are trying to hold on to viewers, just basic human psychology.  

TV doesn’t matter. You’re online - you’re being influenced by political ads in a variety of different forms all day long. 
    True to an extent.  I actually block all “adds”, but I do get most of my political updates online.  The AMT could be considered one giant negative political add I guess, lol

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’ll ask again, since Team Trump Treason’s base is a lost cause, how or what should we call the former Obama supporters, independents and moderate repubs who voted for him, particularly if they continue to support him after these past two years?
    I think you should keep calling them one toothed Cletus white supremest neo-nazis.  That’s definitely a winning strategy for convincing them to consider your point of view and narrow the division.  There is no way a dem could lose with a base using such an eloquent strategy.

Why should you have to lure them out with nice words and hugs? Are you saying they are that dumb?

Nope, as I said, the racist name calling is obviously the best strategy.  I would only call Swedes that think they should have a say in American politics dumb.
    You don't seem to a good job by yourselves in your defacto-banana-republic, so maybe some outside help could be beneficial? In time maybe a term like "gerrymandering" won't need to exist anymore. 
    Maybe you are right, but the last place I’ll look for advice from is a 30 something living with their parents.  Maybe once they get their own lives sorted out, I’ll respect their decision about what “direction” to take.

I still don't understand why you are attacking @mcguff10 all the time. 

He should report you to Kat.
    Meh, i’m good with Mcgruff and his stated reasons for living with his parents briefly.  That being said, and I mean no disrespect to Mcgruff, but I probably wouldn’t have taken financial or marriage advice from him during that time either.  Sounds like he genuinely wanted out of the situation he was in and put forth a lot of effort to get out of it instead of wasting energy whining about another country’s politics as a way of making him feel better about his own ineptitude.  I respect that Mcgruff values independence and self-sufficiency.  Why do you keep trying to drag him down with you?   
    I love that people are always thinking about me.  ;)  And I definitely wanted out of the situation however there was no way I could have paid two mortgages/rent at once hence the reason I moved in with my parents for a short time back in 2011.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    I think you should keep calling them one toothed Cletus white supremest neo-nazis.  That’s definitely a winning strategy for convincing them to consider your point of view and narrow the division.  There is no way a dem could lose with a base using such an eloquent, mature strategy.
    it really doesn't matter. at this point, being eloquent or calling them names will have the same effect: zero. it's independents and non-voters that need to be engaged. 
    ding ding ding

Winner! This is true. I mean seriously... whoever the f**k thinks Trump is still awesome after the mountain of shitty things he's done and said has something wrong with them.

So... let's feel free to call a spade a spade when we see it.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    my2hands said:
    Edved82 said:
    This in and of itself should be enough to label him "unfit for office". He's a tool. 

Anyone on here still stupid enough to stand by him?
    Somewhere around 37-40% of the American electorate think he's doing a good job. Amazing, but there you go.
    Those are the racist misogynistic supporters that I’ve been told, repeatedly, don’t exist.
    Of course there are racists and misogynistic people out there... but you're saying now that everybody that supports or approves of Trump is racist and misogynistic, all 40% of his approval rating is racist & sexist? That's just flat out ridiculous. Do you even know anybody that voted for Trump or that supports him? I do, and they are definitely not racist or misogynistic, and three that i know off the top of my head are actually educated professional women

Is it possible to paint with a broader brush? lol I'm not sure. 
    What was it that woke you to the rampant elitism?  My guess is was the knee-jerk screams of “racism” when Trump was trying to bring us together by pointing out that there are very fine people in both sides of the white nationalist rally in Charlottesville.  #closedmindedleft 
    Ha!
    Maybe see up 1 post...or the other post that all trump voters are either assholes and/or idiots.  And all the other derogatory remarks about cletuses and other stereotypes.  And all my2hands was doing was pointing out the circle jerk of bs hate and the fact that it's not a good look and will not win the dems the election. 

Has he been a 1-track mind lately, yes, but to say you don't see any of that has me seriously concerned.
    Thank you Cincy... 

And i have been a 1-track mind here lately, purposely, because i have the same concerns. I think my points are pretty simple, really?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Nope, as I said, the racist name calling is obviously the best strategy.  I would only call Swedes that think they should have a say in American politics dumb.
    You don't seem to a good job by yourselves in your defacto-banana-republic, so maybe some outside help could be beneficial? In time maybe a term like "gerrymandering" won't need to exist anymore. 
    Maybe you are right, but the last place I’ll look for advice from is a 30 something living with their parents.  Maybe once they get their own lives sorted out, I’ll respect their decision about what “direction” to take.

Meh, i’m good with Mcgruff and his stated reasons for living with his parents briefly.  That being said, and I mean no disrespect to Mcgruff, but I probably wouldn’t have taken financial or marriage advice from him during that time either.  Sounds like he genuinely wanted out of the situation he was in and put forth a lot of effort to get out of it instead of wasting energy whining about another country’s politics as a way of making him feel better about his own ineptitude.  I respect that Mcgruff values independence and self-sufficiency.  Why do you keep trying to drag him down with you?   
    I love that people are always thinking about me.  ;)  And I definitely wanted out of the situation however there was no way I could have paid two mortgages/rent at once hence the reason I moved in with my parents for a short time back in 2011.  
    I’d be willing to bet that you didn’t whine about not being able to get a date while living with your parents?  Let me know if I’m wrong?  You sound like a motivated individual who pulled yourself up after getting knocked down, like “most” of us around here usually do.
    You are inspiring and may have some good advise for other people that are in a low place, but are motivated to succeed....but motivation is the key.  Tell me, Mcgruff, do you think the world owes you anything?  I bet I already know the answer to that question :)

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Good for you for moving ahead.  I hope you ceased to express any political opinions during that short period in 2011.  Doing so would be a clear violation of common decency.   
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    I think you should keep calling them one toothed Cletus white supremest neo-nazis.  That’s definitely a winning strategy for convincing them to consider your point of view and narrow the division.  There is no way a dem could lose with a base using such an eloquent, mature strategy.
    it really doesn't matter. at this point, being eloquent or calling them names will have the same effect: zero. it's independents and non-voters that need to be engaged. 
    ding ding ding

Winner! This is true. I mean seriously... whoever the f**k thinks Trump is still awesome after the mountain of shitty things he's done and said has something wrong with them.

Because independents and non-voters don’t get swayed by how people treat each other on either side?  I bet non-voting independents totally get motivated to vote for the side that cannot act like adults.  If you want non-voters and independents are your targeted audience, then maybe putting effort into showing them how they are valued as citizens and not “dumb for voting” for whoever would be a more...sane strategy?  But maybe you are right, name calling is “fun” after all, and most people do like “fun”.

Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Good for you for moving ahead.  I hope you ceased to express any political opinions during that short period in 2011.  Doing so would be a clear violation of common decency.   
    I bet Swedish politics were pretty low on the importance spectrum, ha. I’ll let him answer for himself though.

• Options
    Meanwhile, hate crimes are up 17% in 2017 while anti-Semitic hate crimes are up 37%. ‘Murica.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    It's mostly Russia.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    ding ding ding

Because independents and non-voters don’t get swayed by how people treat each other on either side?  I bet non-voting independents totally get motivated to vote for the side that cannot act like adults.  If you want non-voters and independents are your targeted audience, then maybe putting effort into showing them how they are valued as citizens and not “dumb for voting” for whoever would be a more...sane strategy?  But maybe you are right, name calling is “fun” after all, and most people do like “fun”.

so calling people libtards and mocking them for being triggered and 60 year olds wearing t shirts with the P word on it are all great positive examples of reasons to vote republican?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Meanwhile, hate crimes are up 17% in 2017 while anti-Semitic hate crimes are up 37%. ‘Murica.
    There it is. 

Proof that everyone that doesnt pledge allegiance to the Democratic party is a racist nazi anti-smite sexist pig. Finally the smoking gun, at last. 

Just stop
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    There it is. 

Proof that everyone that doesnt pledge allegiance to the Democratic party is a racist nazi anti-smite sexist pig. Finally the smoking gun, at last. 

Just stop
    please point me to where his stat quoted 100% of republicans. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    ding ding ding

Lol

So let me get this straight... independents say to themselves, "Hey you need to respect Donald Trump's supporters. Even though I am intelligent enough to know Donald Trump is a f**king moron, quit calling his staunch supporters 'idiots'. You know what? Just because you call these good people 'idiots'... I'm now going to vote for Donald Trump. So there."

If this is the case... there'd be something fundamentally wrong with them too.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    ding ding ding

so calling people libtards and mocking them for being triggered and 60 year olds wearing t shirts with the P word on it are all great positive examples of reasons to vote republican?
    Who said I am trying to get people to vote Republican?  Lol  I am usually just sending it back, which is not very nice either, I’ll admit.  It is pretty 5 against one around here though.  And I never said all liberals are “libtards”, just the “retarted” (remember that, lol) ones :)
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    ding ding ding

You are writing good posts today.
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    There it is. 

Just stop
    WTF?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    There it is. 

Just stop
    Facts bothering you? What do attribute the increase to? 

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    ding ding ding

Who said I am trying to get people to vote Republican?  Lol  I am usually just sending it back, which is not very nice either, I’ll admit.  It is pretty 5 against one around here though.  And I never said all liberals are “libtards”, just the “retarted” (remember that, lol) ones :)
    I wasn't suggesting you were saying these things. I'm saying that it does indeed happen on both sides. is there an elitism to liberalism? for sure, there is that contingent (there is also a righteous contingent on the right, obviously). but it's not all of us. just like not all republicans are racists. 

it's just funny to me how I keep seeing all of this "so much for the tolerant left" comments from people who do nothing but disparage liberals as pussies, needing safe spaces, etc, but then when they do fight back, they are the "violent" or "hateful" left. which is it? are we all pussies, or violent thugs?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    my2hands said:
    There it is. 

Just stop
    So wait, I’m trying to keep up.

1) with Unsung we are allowed to take all his posts into account every time he posts.
    2) for Halifax we have to take each post on its own.

is that right?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    ding ding ding

Lol

So let me get this straight... independents say to themselves, "Hey you need to respect Donald Trump's supporters. Even though I am intelligent enough to know Donald Trump is a f**king moron, quit calling his staunch supporters 'idiots'. You know what? Just because you call these good people 'idiots'... I'm now going to vote for Donald Trump. So there."

If this is the case... there'd be something fundamentally wrong with them too.
    No, but maybe they do think there is something fundamentally wrong with placing individuals in such categories and are against/for certainly policies to the point that they are divided as to who to vote for...so they don’t.  If they vote conservative because of a specific issue that concerns them and are called idiots/racists/misogynists/Cletuses, they are surely going to move away from the ones calling them those things.  Just like I am not going to gain the favor of a moderate liberal by categorizing them as libtard freeloaders.

Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    ding ding ding

I wasn't suggesting you were saying these things. I'm saying that it does indeed happen on both sides. is there an elitism to liberalism? for sure, there is that contingent (there is also a righteous contingent on the right, obviously). but it's not all of us. just like not all republicans are racists. 

it's just funny to me how I keep seeing all of this "so much for the tolerant left" comments from people who do nothing but disparage liberals as pussies, needing safe spaces, etc, but then when they do fight back, they are the "violent" or "hateful" left. which is it? are we all pussies, or violent thugs?
    Nope, not all pussies and violent thugs.  And not all conservatives are racist rednecks.  There you have it.  The people that truly believe either of those things are the true idiots.

• Options
    Pretty funny that progressives are cool with stereotyping and name-calling now, and jump on anybody that tries to remind them of the golden rule. 

It's even ok to attack other progressives now, "butthurt Bernie bros"

Good job, you've become what you claim to despise
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    my2hands said:
    Pretty funny that progressives are cool with stereotyping and name-calling now, and jump on anybody that tries to remind them of the golden rule. 

Ironic post of the day. 
  • Options
    Hypocrisy is thick in these parts today. Must be The impending indictments that has all this lashing out. 

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    There it is. 

Just stop

1) with Unsung we are allowed to take all his posts into account every time he posts.

is that right?
    halifax has been clear and beat that horse to death that he has never called all republicans racists, deplorables, etc. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Ironic post of the day. 
    How so? Because i realized we are being a bunch of elitists and name-callers?

The fact the whole board hates me now tells me I've hit a live nerve,  and I'm going to keep drilling
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    There it is. 

Just stop

is that right?
    halifax has been clear and beat that horse to death that he has never called all republicans racists, deplorables, etc. 
    I know, right? Post facts about hate crimes and some people believe I think all white people are evil or something. It’s okay, I’ve added asshole to the list of things I’ve been called. But Cheeto eating still pisses me off the most.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Hypocrisy is thick in these parts today. Must be The impending indictments that has all this lashing out. 
    You obviously forget what team i'm on Watson
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    my2hands said:
    There it is. 

Just stop

There's fine people on both sides...right?

Problem is, nazis seems to aligned themselves with one side in particular.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
This discussion has been closed.