Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Oh fuck yes, Luger's is a distinct possibility Thursday night, late. Need to see what time I get up there and play it by ear. You must get a slab of the bacon as part of your App and the steaks are all ridiculous. Bring your cash but there will not be disappointment.

Jim's is a pain in the ass since there is never anywhere to park and always a line. We were coming back from bringing the kids to a museum up in Fairmont Park so I just parked in a no parking spot...threw on the 4-ways and sent the 12 year old and Mrs FMe in for the food. 2 year old and I rocked out in the car...much more enjoyable Jim's experience this way.
    Also observed all of the shit hammered South Street St Patty's celebrants rolling around with open containers. The police look the other way for this holiday? Have not seen loads of people walking around with beer cans open on the street here before. (Perhaps because half of the cops are Irish?)

Haven't been to Dalessandro's - it is now on the list.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,785

Oh fuck yes, Luger's is a distinct possibility Thursday night, late. Need to see what time I get up there and play it by ear. You must get a slab of the bacon as part of your App and the steaks are all ridiculous. Bring your cash but there will not be disappointment.

Jim's is a pain in the ass since there is never anywhere to park and always a line. We were coming back from bringing the kids to a museum up in Fairmont Park so I just parked in a no parking spot...threw on the 4-ways and sent the 12 year old and Mrs FMe in for the food. 2 year old and I rocked out in the car...much more enjoyable Jim's experience this way.
    Also observed all of the shit hammered South Street St Patty's celebrants rolling around with open containers. The police look the other way for this holiday? Have not seen loads of people walking around with beer cans open on the street here before. (Perhaps because half of the cops are Irish?)

Haven't been to Dalessandro's - it is now on the list.

If you haven't been to anything in relation to St. Paddy's in Philly, good; don't.

Order of cheesesteaks: John's, Phil's, Cosmi's, Sonny's, Larry's, Pat's at 3 in the morning for a Heart Attack 'wit, never Geno's.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    You are saying it is too crazy?

I agree on Geno's being overrated.
    Think Jim's is much better.
    I like Pat's onions and soggy sandwich
    Other ones are good.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474

who is the double dope, juggler?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    Wobbie said:

Guess
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Other ones are good.

I'm saying it's all the douches from the suburbs letting out their even bigger inner-douche.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    I don't know if I am just a tourist at heart, but I dig both Pat's and Geno's. The wife's fam grew up doing Geno's, but I have since slightly changed her opinion to Pat's, with the help of a drunken night with JP introducing us to the heart attack. All that being said, I'd also like to point out that the wife eats maybe one or two drunken/hungover cheesesteaks a year, now that I made her sound like an expert on possibly the most unhealthy sandwich ever.

I don't like Jim's. Don't know why.
  • Options

Wobbie said:

Guess
    Michael Saunders?
  • Options

Other ones are good.

I'm saying it's all the douches from the suburbs letting out their even bigger inner-douche.
    My friends are out partying? :lol:
    Yeah, I don't want any part of that at this point in life. 20 years ago? Would have been out there acting like an idiot alongside the rest of them.
  • Options

I don't know if I am just a tourist at heart, but I dig both Pat's and Geno's. The wife's fam grew up doing Geno's, but I have since slightly changed her opinion to Pat's, with the help of a drunken night with JP introducing us to the heart attack. All that being said, I'd also like to point out that the wife eats maybe one or two drunken/hungover cheesesteaks a year, now that I made her sound like an expert on possibly the most unhealthy sandwich ever.

Yeah, I'm a fan of the tourist traps - well, only Pat's - because primarily I love the area, and knowing I can get a cheesesteak at 6 in the morning.

Cheesesteaks just aren't really anything more than a drunk/hangover food for me now. I can't think of the last time I had one where neither situation applied.

All non-English speaking individuals should dance on Joey Vento's grave. Yes, that's terrible to say, but I'm comfortable with that.
  • Options

Don't recall what it was about Geno's that I didnt like....was years ago that I tried one. Think it was too dry. Dry steak = shitty, in my opinion.
    My wife would eat Cheesesteaks or Pizza many times a week if given the option. (And she is fit and healthy.)
    I would be a lard ass if I did that. Try to roll one shit meal a week but some weeks life conspires against me (travel, busy schedule with kids) and I might do 2-3.
    Living in South Jersey is a whole different food ballgame than Southern California. Everything skewed "healthy" there -- here? :lol:
    Not so much.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Other ones are good.

Yeah, I don't want any part of that at this point in life. 20 years ago? Would have been out there acting like an idiot alongside the rest of them.
    Right - I'm not saying I wasn't 23 once traipsing around with random people wearing some stupid green shirt and vomiting in the street. But with that said, it's....... different here. The Trump-mouth breathing-type of this area is very strong is what I'm saying.

Ironically, a lot of people see New Year's/Mummer's here as the same kind of garbage, but I have a complete, irrational love/devotion to this.

Geno's also does the slab/patty steak garbage instead of chopping that shit up; pretty sure they're just using Steak-Umms.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options

Yeah, I'm a fan of the tourist traps - well, only Pat's - because primarily I love the area, and knowing I can get a cheesesteak at 6 in the morning.

Cheesesteaks just aren't really anything more than a drunk/hangover food for me now. I can't think of the last time I had one where neither situation applied.

All non-English speaking individuals should dance on Joey Vento's grave. Yes, that's terrible to say, but I'm comfortable with that.
    Yeah, same here in terms of drunk/hungover.

Ha! His son has been a positive influence, though I hate the expanding everywhere.
  • Options

^
    Always liked Jim's but haven't been there in ages. Dalessandro's is my favorite....and I can't even remember the last time I was there either. Fuck.

Made reservations at Lugers after seeing you guys hype it up the other week.

Good stuff, man. It's awesome. Given I am already spending some coin on this show and just booked a trip to Italy on top of our annual Outer Banks, I'll be eating ramen.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Other ones are good.

Right - I'm not saying I wasn't 23 once traipsing around with random people wearing some stupid green shirt and vomiting in the street. But with that said, it's....... different here. The Trump-mouth breathing-type of this area is very strong is what I'm saying.

Ironically, a lot of people see New Year's/Mummer's here as the same kind of garbage, but I have a complete, irrational love/devotion to this.

Geno's also does the slab/patty steak garbage instead of chopping that shit up; pretty sure they're just using Steak-Umms.
    Steak-Umms. Nasty.
    I'm soaking up booze most weekend days - and that is when I eat this type of shit. (I would eat it other days if I was walking by it. If I lived by a sick Roast Pork (Juggler shared that there is a new DaNic's by him, right?) I would eat it from time to time and love it.)

Agree on the mount-breathing troglodyte action. My wife is from Vineland originally (we met in California) and a good percentage of people I have met from that area are broke ass Trump backers. I think (somehow) they operate under the belief that "The Mexicans" and "The Puerto Ricans" took all of their jobs.
    Being that my grandmother moved here from PR, I always love hearing the dumb shit they say. Even some of her relatives still say ignorant stuff around me, forgetting that I am 1/4 PR because I have pale skin like a ghost.
    I gave up on informing them years ago.
    You cannot teach 'stupid.'
  • Options
    For the record, I always preferred that Geno's did the less chopped up meat as I thought it had more flavor since they didn't chop it up and cook the absolute shit out of it. That said, I had one not too long ago and it was terrible. I am not one to typically say something like it got worse after so and so died, but it seems like it got worse.
  • Options
    Cliff, for the record, your sub-par-cheesesteak-lovin', Sarcones-bashin'-self can kiss my ass.
  • Options

Cliff, for the record, your sub-par-cheesesteak-lovin', Sarcones-bashin'-self can kiss my ass.

Don't forget tomato pie hatin'
  • Options
    I love hair pie.
    Try to avoid during tomato season.
  • Options

you communist
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

you communist
    It's dumbed down bruschetta. Just have bruschetta or pizza. Make a damn decision.
  • Options

you communist
    It's dumbed down bruschetta. Just have bruschetta or pizza. Make a damn decision.
    you're dumbed down bruschetta
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    RIP Dallas Green image
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    RIP Dallas.

Tomato pie is laziness personified. Put some cheese on it and throw it in the oven.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

RIP Dallas.

Tomato pie is laziness personified. Put some cheese on it and throw it in the oven.

BOOM
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

RIP Dallas.

BOOM
    Hey, look, Cliff -

You have someone else that agrees with your dumb take.

Dummies.
  • Options
    Yeah, that's cool. That Tim Marchman dude lives in West Philly, though I think he's a douche.
  • Options

Yeah, that's cool. That Tim Marchman dude lives in West Philly, though I think he's a douche.
    Yeah, I knew one of the Deadspin guys lives in this area. Don't know much about him.
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

RIP Dallas.

BOOM
    Hey, look, Cliff -

You have someone else that agrees with your dumb take.

Dummies.
    Ya know what...I also like unthought known, so go fuck your self!