Options

Are you as much a fan of any other band?

Comments

• Options
    I'm a huge fan of Led Zeppelin, INXS, U2, and The Jesus and Mary Chain. PJ will always be on top though.
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    BAND no....Singers though, I would say yes, to Christian Kane, Shawn Mullins and Pink....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options

I'm a huge fan of Led Zeppelin, INXS, U2, and The Jesus and Mary Chain. PJ will always be on top though.

INXS! Right on....I love them....It's few and far between to find anyone who does....I was devastated when Hutch died! I painted an abstract portrait of him in HS in memory of him....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    no but some bands are up there. MMJ, BRMC, Arctic Monkeys, QoSTA, Metallica (although not in the past few years).
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    firefightermtnfirefightermtn Posts: 14
    edited March 2016
    Not even close, like others have said. For me, PJ is much more than just a great band. They are a persona, a set of ideals, a way of life that I gravitate to. The guys seem to be on much more of a "normal" level and not so much a "in the clouds rockstar" one. Eddie plays at his old high school, they do the ice bucket challenge, they do a 2 hours documentary and give us such an insight as to who they are as people. Bootlegs out the yin yang and charity concerts. Not many bands do any of that, let alone one of the biggest in the past 3 decades. I enjoy other bands and have even obsessed over some throughout the years, but none have provoked such a steady, strong emotion inside me like Pearl Jam has.
    Post edited by firefightermtn on
    STL '14
  • Options

Not even close, like others have said. For me, PJ is much more than just a great band. They are a persona, a set of ideals, a way of life that I gravitate to. They guys seem to be on much more of a "normal" level and not so much a "in the clouds rockstar" one. Eddie plays at his old high school, they do the ice bucket challenge, they do a 2 hours documentary and give us such an insight as to who they are as people. Bootlegs out the yin yang and charity concerts. Not many bands do any of that, let alone one of the biggest in the past 3 decades. I enjoyed other bands and have even obsessed over some throughout the years, but none have provoked such a steady, strong emotion inside me like Pearl Jam has.

EXACTLY! Man you captured it perfectly!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    Faith No More & Tool

FNM would edge out PJ & Tool as my favorite.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    When it comes to music, very few, though I like a lot of bands, from Erasure to ACDC, tons of records of both, so I gather it al comes to what that guy and Suzie said, how far will you travel and work the details later to se a band, but before getting to that I must say I'm a huge INXS fan, unfortunately I only saw them with Hutch once, to young before and then, and couldn't afford going abroad, I saw them with Jon Stevens, JD and Gribin, but that didn't worth the effort going outside hometown, and I've got tons of their shit, I'm a huge Placebo fan, tons of shit too, but going anywhere to see the same set list, no no, maybe one shoe in different continents, months apart, so, the answer is no, there's no other band I love, like and feel about Pearl Jam, if I had the money I would go as far and as many times I can, keep buying their stuff, the ones I can't afford now, and spares, I would mind go to a festival show with all classics and hits, just for having the experience of seeing PJ live outside Buenos Aires...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    LetsGoMteersLetsGoMteers New Bern, NC Posts: 157
    I'm pretty into Dave Matthews Band also
    2016 Columbia, SC
  • Options
    My Morning Jacket!!!
  • Options
    maryjayne127maryjayne127 Jacksonville, FL Posts: 55

I'm pretty into Dave Matthews Band also

Me too. Are you going to any shows this summer?
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Wilco
    My morning jacket
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Get_Right said:

Wilco
    My morning jacket

I'd slot Phish above Wilco but MMJ and PJ are equals at this point for me.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Faith No More & Tool

Tool would edge out PJ as my favorite. I mean, c'mon...THIS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUYf3b8_wj4
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Yes
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Faith No More & Tool

Tool would edge out PJ as my favorite. I mean, c'mon...THIS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUYf3b8_wj4
    Honestly, it's a toss up between Tool & PJ.

FNM gets top honors - I've loved them since te Real Thing came out when I was in Jr high & haven't stopped since.

If anything, Tool gets a few demerits for their lack of material, but god damn, there's no one else like them.

I'm off to see Puscifer right now, I can't get enough Maynard in my life.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    An old friend called PJ and Tool two sides of the same coin.

I barely know you, Merkin, but am smiling that you've got this amazing band - on all fronts - in your immediate sight. ENJOY!
  • Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    edited April 2016
    Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Doors, Soundgarden, STP, Metallica, Megadeth, Tool and APC (Even though they do not do shit anymore) I used to be huge into DMB and I saw them at Antioch, TN 2006, after seeing Pearl Jam at Cinci and it was so pitiful that I threw up literally everywhere. I could tell DMB was doing it for the $ right then and there after seeing them every summer. It was like getting a DMB exorcism, I threw up and never listened to them again.
    Post edited by TL170678 on
  • Options
    hedonist said:

An old friend called PJ and Tool two sides of the same coin.

I barely know you, Merkin, but am smiling that you've got this amazing band - on all fronts - in your immediate sight. ENJOY!

I'm making the hour drive to Providence solo because I was that blown away w/ Puscifer when I saw them in November. They are that freaking good. I think tonight will basically be the exact same show..... I don't even care!

I'm psyched they're in my immediate sights too! Thanks for the good karma hedonist!

• Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,341
    edited April 2016
    Nope, been a fan since I first heard Ten back in '92 while in grade 9. Pearl Jam is my go-to for music.... I take short breaks to listen to other music, but I always come back. like many other bands/artists: Gary Clark Jr., DMB, U2, David Gray, Ben Harper, City and Colour.... to name a few.... Came across Velvet Revolver' Fall to Pieces track for the first time in years today - great tune.
    Listening to the Guests are So Refined compilation now - Black - wow.
    Pearl Jam's my number 1, and I don't foresee anything altering my position..... I also happen to admire and share their stance on most political issues and other humanitarian objectives they help out with. That EB disease is heartbreaking.
    Enjoy the music everyone.
    Post edited by BF89905 on
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,976
    Bob Dylan is the only artist I've seen more than PJ. This summer will make 16.

At home or in the car, I listen to a hulluva lotta Toadies and Dinosaur Jr. They're right behind Dylan and PJ for me.

Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, STP, Tool, Neil Young, Primus, Blind Melon, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Gov't Mule and Tedeschi/Trucks Band round out most of my regular rotation.

If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    edited April 2016
    Live bands: The black crowes was the first band I would travel to see. Always catch pearl jam, drive-by truckers, Jason Isbell, u2, tool and my morning jacket when they come around. Only half those bands toured regularly so it wasn't as pricey as it could have been. Used to go see Dave Matthews band every year but have quit that over the last 5yrs or so. Our crowes travel funds now mostly go to Pearl Jam.

Bands I listen to the most: black crowes, pearl jam, DBT, jellyfish, the Beatles
    Post edited by crowes74 on
  • Options
    Bdog10Bdog10 Boca Posts: 471
    Phish... 43 shows since 2010

PJ will always be #1 in my heart though. They changed my life in 92
    "I want to go...but I don't want to go alone...With you I could never feel alone..."

Randall's Island 96 and haven't stopped since...
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    U2, Queens of the Stone Age, Black Keys, Muse.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,861
    I'm realizing more and more that PJ are pulling away from every other band I ever liked or loved.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,106
    No. I go through stages where I listen to other bands more, but none will ever top Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,374
    I'm headed toward 80 Springsteen shows, traveled the world to see him and U2....but PJ is much more entertaining live lately
  • Options
    I can't imagine getting fired up for an arena show like I do when Pearl Jam tours. I saw Neil Young three times from 1996 to 2000, and that's the only thing that would come close.

For club shows, my current muse would have to be Ted Leo (with or without The Pharmacists), but I've also seen Drive-By Truckers, Frank Black, Bob Mould and Los Straitjackets multiple times.
    08.06.2000 • Greensboro
    06.26.2006 • St. Paul
    11.30.2012 • Fort Lauderdale [EV]
    10.29.2013 • Charlottesville
  • Options
    chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    Wilco
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • Options
    cjw0984cjw0984 Posts: 28
    KV4053 said:

Probably another thread on this topic already but I don't know how to search

I enjoy a lot of different bands. Some that come to mind right off the top of my head

Band of Horses
    Trampled by Turtles
    Death ab for Cutie
    Foo Fighters
    Black Keys
    My Morning Jacket
    Led Zeppelin
    Pink Floyd
    Mumford and Son
    Muse
    Silversun Pickups

The list goes on and on. But Pearl Jam holds a special place for me. I've always felt the music you listen to when you are coming of age (high school-college) will stick with your your whole life. Pearl Jam is a band of my youth and so they have stuck with me my whole life. I go to see them every chance I get. They are for me what the Grateful Dead was for so many flower children of the 60's.
    Just another kid of the 90's who loves Pearl Jam.