Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,359
    imalive wrote: »
    Hey if Eli can do it twice against the Patriots in the Super Bowl, surely Mathew Stafford can do it once in the wildcard round, lol

Haha. Fair enough!

OMG.....did the juggler finally let it go???????

Yeah I've been talking about the horrid officiating for 3 days. Sorry!

You haven't stopped ripping on Tiger since this board was created.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    CROJAM95 wrote: »
    Most ready since Luck? Wow a whole (2) drafts ago, what a measuring stick.

Winston without the baggage runs circles around Mariota... Plus he's more Luck-ish in his demeanor than Marcus. And also Luck & Winston played in very similar college offenses. Like I mentioned earlier, a lot of these qbs coming up need a good fit to be successful. Mariota will have trouble if the team that drafts him doesn't retrofit an offense for him. Jameis will ease into it more. Look at Kap this year. Why the 49ers went away from that pistol he ran in college, and had early NFLsuccess is beyond me. Also Jameis impressed me more this year than last. His numbers were down, more turnovers, a lot of ugly wins. Guess what... That's gonna help him more than wining by 40 every night, that's NFL football... Down n dirty.

And FSU isn't my favorite team , I really don't have one...I live in the Northeast, there isnt a team up here worth my time... My alma mater is a small upstate NY college. I pay attention mainly to see who I'm watching the following year on Sunday's.
    There is no way in hell that Winston can be compared to Luck in terms of demeanor.

I don't think Luck ever stood on a table and yelled "FUCK HER IN THE PUSSY!" while under suspicion of sexual assault. Or stole crab legs.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,759

Winston without the baggage runs circles around Mariota... Plus he's more Luck-ish in his demeanor than Marcus. And also Luck & Winston played in very similar college offenses. Like I mentioned earlier, a lot of these qbs coming up need a good fit to be successful. Mariota will have trouble if the team that drafts him doesn't retrofit an offense for him. Jameis will ease into it more. Look at Kap this year. Why the 49ers went away from that pistol he ran in college, and had early NFLsuccess is beyond me. Also Jameis impressed me more this year than last. His numbers were down, more turnovers, a lot of ugly wins. Guess what... That's gonna help him more than wining by 40 every night, that's NFL football... Down n dirty.

He impressed you more this year than last year by turning the ball over a lot more??? Interesting.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote: »

And FSU isn't my favorite team , I really don't have one...I live in the Northeast, there isnt a team up here worth my time... My alma mater is a small upstate NY college. I pay attention mainly to see who I'm watching the following year on Sunday's.
    There is no way in hell that Winston can be compared to Luck in terms of demeanor.

I don't think Luck ever stood on a table and yelled "FUCK HER IN THE PUSSY!" while under suspicion of sexual assault. Or stole crab legs.

i think he means demeanor on the field. the knock i've read on marriota is that he is not as outspoken a leader as some nfl scouts would prefer.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Picks:

Sea Chickens
    Gay Bay
    Massholes
    Indianapolis Mother Fucking Colts!
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,274
    edited January 2015
    In the huddle

He is like Luck
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,274
    Indiffrence71

My point is he faced adversity more this year and that experience is more the NFL one rather than the NCAA one

His 2nd halves this year are undoubtedly on scouts radars.

I like Mariota, I'm just saying im leaning a lil more towards Winston being a better pro.

Plus their draft grades will be super close, we are probably talking about 1st & 2nd overall picks based on TB & Tenn picking.
  • Options
    Indiffrence71

My point is he faced adversity more this year and that experience is more the NFL one rather than the NCAA one

His 2nd halves this year are undoubtedly on scouts radars.

I like Mariota, I'm just saying im leaning a lil more towards Winston being a better pro.

Plus their draft grades will be super close, we are probably talking about 1st & 2nd overall picks based on TB & Tenn picking.

I see what you're saying. Just seems like he regressed this year by turning the ball over so much. I'm not sold on Mariota being a great pro, but I know I wouldn't want my team to have anything to do with Winston. The off the field shit combined with the fact that he didn't seem to improve in his 2nd year as a starter. 40 TDS and 10 picks last year and 25 TDs and 18 picks this year.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,552
    Hey if Eli can do it twice against the Patriots in the Super Bowl, surely Mathew Stafford can do it once in the wildcard round, lol

Haha. Fair enough!

nor will I.

in fact, a good zinger just occurred to me.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Haha. Fair enough!

nor will I.

You see the irony, right?

Haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The NFL has ruled that the NFL didn't see the Ray Rice tape. In other news, OJ Simpson ...

espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12138032/nfl-did-not-previously-see-ray-rice-elevator-video-according-mueller-report
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Didn't they have the former director of the FBI investigating this? Robert Mueller?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Didn't they have the former director of the FBI investigating this? Robert Mueller?

Yep. Mueller's law firm also does business with the NFL so it's hard to view this as a true "independent" investigation.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158

Yep. Mueller's law firm also does business with the NFL so it's hard to view this as a true "independent" investigation.

Yeah that's pretty shady.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options

Haha. Fair enough!

nor will I.

You see the irony, right?

not seeing it....apples and oranges.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Was doing the office picks. Trying to analyze trends, stats, injuries, etc. to figure out the best odds to win. Then realized my favorite team was playing so why in the hell would I not pick them?

Best cheers to my pill popping, taxpayer swindling, willy wonka owner! Find me joy by paying adults to use a ball to run across grass! Are we all insane?

Go Colts!!!
  • Options
    who I would LIKE to win:

Boys
    Broncos
    Pats
    Sea.....no, Pan.....no, fuck both those teams!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,684
    who I would LIKE to win:

Boys
    Broncos
    Pats

Straight up to win, no points?
    Packers
    Colts (screw Peyton, he blew his chance last year...down in flames!)
    Pats
    Seahawks
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    edited January 2015
    Hate the Ravens and hope the lose but this was funny

get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fassets.sbnation.com%2Fassets%2F2049057%2FLOLofthering.gif&key=663ah22qxSk05nG8v0J8hQ&w=600&h
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,238
    I like Carolina with the points.
    cheating Patriots minus the points
    no feel for Denver-Indy but scares me that everyone is picking Indy
    would avoid Green Bay/Dallas due to Aaron Rodgers health and the fact that I have a nagging feeling things are going to break Dallas' way and somehow they are going to end up playing Carolina next week.

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,486
    Only team I would really like to see win are the Broncos. I like the Steelers and Packers sometimes. But not this year.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    who I would LIKE to win:

Boys
    Broncos
    Pats

WANT boys, Broncs, pats.......doubt the boys WILL win and a little worried about those despicable Ravens. Seattle will crush cam, but that's a lose lose for me....dislike both.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Hate the Ravens and hope the lose but this was funny

get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fassets.sbnation.com%2Fassets%2F2049057%2FLOLofthering.gif&key=663ah22qxSk05nG8v0J8hQ&w=600&h

Agree, agree.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Trent Richardson has been demoted to the Colts punt team.

He is pretty good at running into people. This might be his calling.
  • Options

crazy that all the talk is "the colts have no running game" and they gave up a lot to get this guy (didn't they?)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Herron isn't horrible. He's played pretty good. He could start for a few teams.
  • Options

crazy that all the talk is "the colts have no running game" and they gave up a lot to get this guy (didn't they?)

Yep. 1st round pick.

I love Denver on Sunday. Colts can't run the ball and they really don't have any impressive wins this year. They are really good at beating up on shitty teams.
  • Options

Yep. 1st round pick.

I love Denver on Sunday. Colts can't run the ball and they really don't have any impressive wins this year. They are really good at beating up on shitty teams.

I don't know that I "love" denver, but your points are very true.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The Colts traded the pick back before everyone except the Brown's upper management knew Richardson sucked.

I was super excited about the move at the time. Earlier this year, I was pondering if hoping he would suffer a season ending injury would make me a bad fan. It was like playing with 3 downs instead of 4 when he was on the field.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    The Colts traded the pick back before everyone except the Brown's upper management knew Richardson sucked.

I was super excited about the move at the time. Earlier this year, I was pondering if hoping he would suffer a season ending injury would make me a bad fan. It was like playing with 3 downs instead of 4 when he was on the field.

It's probably the only good personnel move the browns have made in 5 years!