Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,389
    imalive wrote: »
    Oh, the hatred! America's Team is back. It's definitely good for sports to have polarizing teams. No one really gives two shits about CAR-AZ and/or INDY-CIN.

GB will be very tough. I'm a little bitter how the seeds set up and that the Seabags now have a cakewalk to the NFC Championship and would have no matter who won yesterday.....I guess the haters will also say GB has a cakewalk, too. We'll see....

how is this hatred? can you explain how the refs made the correct calls on any of these plays?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,588
    Oh, the hatred! America's Team is back. It's definitely good for sports to have polarizing teams. No one really gives two shits about CAR-AZ and/or INDY-CIN.

GB will be very tough. I'm a little bitter how the seeds set up and that the Seabags now have a cakewalk to the NFC Championship and would have no matter who won yesterday.....I guess the haters will also say GB has a cakewalk, too. We'll see....

how is this hatred? can you explain how the refs made the correct calls on any of these plays?

not saying they did.....regardless, this isn't a sure "if not for this, then that"....anything can happen.

My point is, Dallas moves the meter....when you don't have a horse in the race it's good to have someone to root against.....lakers, yankees, cowboys, whoever....you can hate again next week...I get it.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Time out :-t

what's up with joe montana? all the sudden he's hawking everything.....pizza, phones, signed seat backs, etc.....did he lose his fortune somehow?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

what's up with joe montana? all the sudden he's hawking everything.....pizza, phones, signed seat backs, etc.....did he lose his fortune somehow?

I dunno but it's nice to see him. Unless he teams up with Rodgers for those awful State Farm commercials. To hell with Hanz and Franz.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited January 2015

not saying they did.....regardless, this isn't a sure "if not for this, then that"....anything can happen.

My point is, Dallas moves the meter....when you don't have a horse in the race it's good to have someone to root against.....lakers, yankees, cowboys, whoever....you can hate again next week...I get it.

If they win the Super Bowl, you gonna head down to the parade? Seeing as though you're born and raised in the Dallas area, right? Haha. Where is Flagg when you need him? I believe he is the only Cowboys fan here who actually lives in Texas. But anyway...

You can do the "if not this, then..." game. Quite easily actually:

IF the refs made the correct DPI and unsportsmanlike like call on Dez, THEN I can absolutely say the Lions have the ball around the 10 yard line with an extremely good chance of ending the game. Instead, yada yada yada...

Should have been 30 yards in penalties.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I dunno but it's nice to see him. Unless he teams up with Rodgers for those awful State Farm commercials. To hell with Hanz and Franz.

I'd rather him selling insurance than that God awful pizza. It is good seeing him though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I'd rather him selling insurance than that God awful pizza. It is good seeing him though.

Yeah that pizza is beyond gross. I assumed it had to be good (hey...that's constant advertising for you) and I nearly vomited when i tried it. It's probably the worst pizza I've ever had.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,766
    One of the strangest things I've ever seen in a football game. It will be interesting to see how the NFL tries to explain that call.

Also- Chris Christie needs to go away. Him jumping around hugging Jerry Jones made me want to puke. The governor of NJ a Cowboys fan....that's just the worst.
  • Options

If they win the Super Bowl, you gonna head down to the parade? Seeing as though you're born and raised in the Dallas area, right? Haha. Where is Flagg when you need him? I believe he is the only Cowboys fan here who actually lives in Texas. But anyway...

IF the refs made the correct DPI and unsportsmanlike like call on Dez, THEN I can absolutely say the Lions have the ball around the 10 yard line with an extremely good chance of ending the game. Instead, yada yada yada...

two things.....

"extremely good chance" does not equal an unquestionable certainty.

secondly, I guess I'm a fraud because I don't live in the town of the team I root for....I know you jump on your home team bandwagon, not matter what.....you know good and well I'm an old bastard....I became a Cowboys fan after a loss and before they ever won a SB....yeah, I'm that fucking old.

BTW....same kinda way I became an SF Giants fan....liked their players at an early age and liked their grit.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

he sells insurance, too...BNY Mellon.

and let's not forget Skechers!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

two things.....

secondly, I guess I'm a fraud because I don't live in the town of the team I root for....I know you jump on your home team bandwagon, not matter what.....you know good and well I'm an old bastard....I became a Cowboys fan after a loss and before they ever won a SB....yeah, I'm that fucking old.

BTW....same kinda way I became an SF Giants fan....liked their players at an early age and liked their grit.

Yeah I'm a Dolphins fan from just outside of Philly. So I relate to the "I liked their players at an early age....." thing. But you know how it isl that all Cowboys, Chicago Bulls, and New York Yankees fans that aren't from those towns are accused of being a bandwagon fan because of their success in the 90s. See I'll never be accused of being a bandwagon Dolphins fan. That's for sure. Instead, I always hear "What? Why??"

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Does anybody remember the Joe Montana and Ronnie Lott masculine itch commercial? I can't remember what it was for. Hilarious.
  • Options
    Does anybody remember the Joe Montana and Ronnie Lott masculine itch commercial? I can't remember what it was for. Hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qs7QfqYXl0

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

two things.....

Yeah I'm a Dolphins fan from just outside of Philly. So I relate to the "I liked their players at an early age....." thing. But you know how it isl that all Cowboys, Chicago Bulls, and New York Yankees fans that aren't from those towns are accused of being a bandwagon fan because of their success in the 90s. See I'll never be accused of being a bandwagon Dolphins fan. That's for sure. Instead, I always hear "What? Why??"

haha! My parents used to take us kids to Florida over Christmas....I well remember their better teams....csonka, kiick, Fernandez, Morris, etc.

Juggler may not believe it but I've never wavered....thru the good, the bad, the 1-15, the SB's....they're my boys. The skins used to be my most hated division team.....but the juggler is putting his Eagles on my shit list too.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

two things.....

There's no such thing as "unquestionable certainty." But having 1st and goal from the 10, up 3, with about 5 minutes left is pretty damn close...hence everyone's, including Mike Periera's disgust.

As far as your second point, it is what it is, no matter how long ago it happened.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,261
    obviously Detroit got fucking hosed but hopefully this will lead to the NFL going back to the regular ref crews instead of making up new ones come playoff time. Why ref with the same crew all year then they break them up during the playoffs? I know they are trying to reward the best but you should treat them as teams and take the best crews. breaking them ups is just dumb.

4 games next week should be really good. Call me crazy but I for one think Carolina has a real shot at Seattle.
  • Options
    crazy.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I hate the cowboys. Any of you cowboy fans think you're going to make it to the super bowl? I've got $100 that says they don't. Any takers?
  • Options
    Fire at the home of Ron Rivera in Charlotte around 4am this morning. Rivera said he woke up to the sound of smoke detectors. There were 6 people in the home at the time. All of them got out unharmed.

Check the batteries in your smoke alarms people. You never know when they will save your life!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,730
    Loved reading through the Cowboy hate/love here....I am firmly on the hate side but give them props. A win provided by officials is still a win at the end of the day, and they move on.
    I cannot believe I will be rooting for GB next week -- but I will!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Yeah really. And then they got the 15 yard personal foul on top of the botched punt. Then a missed FG by CAR. Arizona is in this now.

Luke Kuechly is an unbelievable talent. Still think if they went up against a team who wasn't stuck with their 4th string qb, they lose big. Lindley's gotta be the worst qb to ever start a playoff game.

I agree with you about lindley. But it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see Carolina beat Seattle or Green Bay right now. Their running game is surprisingly good and the defense is playing very well.

They will be about a 10 point or more underdog vs either of those teams.

Cardinals have no qb, no running game, and a God awful special teams and they had a chance. They left a lot of points off the board.

11 point underdog
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I just might take those points.
  • Options

It's tempting. But to me, that says Sqauwks win by 3 touchdowns
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Atrocious call, but Detroit had their chances after. Some quotes on ESPN this morning are ridiculous though...Cris Carter and the ref that called into Mike and Mike are idiots.

Hope Indy can keep the run game and d going next weekend. Have to keep the ball from Manning to have any chance.
  • Options
    I hate the cowboys. Any of you cowboy fans think you're going to make it to the super bowl? I've got $100 that says they don't. Any takers?

in other words, do I think the Cowboys will go on the road in consecutive weeks and beat the two best teams in the NFC....maybe the two best in the NFL? uh.....probably not. It could happen but, duh, I wouldn't bet on it.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,730

It's tempting. But to me, that says Sqauwks win by 3 touchdowns

There with you. I dont think 'Lina gets many (if any) points on the board.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,766
    pjhawks wrote: »
    obviously Detroit got fucking hosed but hopefully this will lead to the NFL going back to the regular ref crews instead of making up new ones come playoff time. Why ref with the same crew all year then they break them up during the playoffs? I know they are trying to reward the best but you should treat them as teams and take the best crews. breaking them ups is just dumb.

Completely agree. Very surprising that this isn't talked about more. Like you said, I get that they try to reward the best guys at each spot, but to make guys work with a new crew for the most important games of the year doesn't make much sense.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    As long as someone beats Seattle. I don't care who, but someone.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Ok, so I had the Panthers/Cards game wrong. But I wasn't wrong about Carolina being a bad team. I hadn't seen lindley play at all and I wish I could still say that. If he only looked to pass to someone other than Fitz, they may have had a shot.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options

two things.....

There's no such thing as "unquestionable certainty." But having 1st and goal from the 10, up 3, with about 5 minutes left is pretty damn close...hence everyone's, including Mike Periera's disgust.

http://regressing.deadspin.com/yes-the-reversed-call-in-lions-cowboys-really-was-rd-1677474569/+kylenw
    chinese-happy.jpg