Options

"I didn't want to become what I despised as a kid..."

Comments

• Options
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    I do understand today wasn't a 10c sale. I was just giving my opinion on that as well.

And yes, I think $80 is expensive per ticket.

You say that because you have absolutely NO idea how much it costs the band to put on a show. The Venue charges them a fee to play, their techs, roadies, security, lighting people, sound people, truck drivers, etc do NOT work for free - They also have to have their travel and hotel covered (and gas for the trucks).

Pearl Jam doesn't get the full $80 you pay. The venue has to pay their staff, off duty cops, outside security, pay to bring in the food, drinks and booze we all buy, on top of their bills (ie. hydro, water, gas, heat) so don't be so quick to complain about an $80 ticket.
    That is CHEAP compared to every other band of PJ's stature (and many who aren't) they are ALL over $100. (cept for U2's GA tickets which were $50 before fee's last tour).

PLUS PJ donates a couple of bucks from EACH ticket to a charity in that city. What other band does that?

Most bands who charge less than $80 are NOT playing arena's or stadiums.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    When are people going to realize that seeing a top notch band for under $100 is a steal.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    Back in the late 90's we were given the option for tickets.
    You didn't know where you sat untill you picked them up at will call.
    And with every year you got a little closer. Up top,Left side, Right side, Middle Etc..
    I just renewed after 10yrs. So,I'm not aware of the system now.I remember standing outside Tower Records, waiting to get my chance for a ticket.#3 in line,Only to find a lotto just put me at the end of the line.I either got nose bleed or even nothing at all, Because they would sell out that quickly. That left me with just one shot left. Radio Give away's. There's Ticket Master, Stub-Hub, Live Nation etc. I've not yet experienced what you've gone through as a Ten Club Member. But My time is coming soon. The Fall Tour will be mentioned soon,And I'm sure I will be as neurotic as the next person.Excited,and Overwhelmed at the same time.And now 'I Know how it feels to be disappointed. I think it was 1994 that P.J. made their statment against Bill Gramn and Ticket Master,Because I went to see The Stone's,And P.J. was to open for them.I had just heard them for the first time that year.My Classic Rock Station started Playing(Better Man) I had to find out who this band was,So I searched every station I could to hear more.When I saw that it was Seal who was opening instead of P.J. I was very disappointed.But looking back, I want to thank them.Because of them,I stepped out of my Classic Rock World.And walked into a brand new World of Music. Let me tell you, I've done some crazy shit,to win tickets to see them,And that will be in my Rearview Mirror forever.Just had too put my Two Cent's in. :)
  • Options
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    The lottery and seniority system that 10c has going here is something I fiercely disagree with. It shouldn't matter how long you've been a fan or in the fan club. That should never determine your chances of going to see a show. The lottery is just another anxiety-invoking ordeal to put the fans through. My opinion? Just put the tickets on sale, first come, first served. Simple as that. If people don't get pre-sale or 10c exclusive tickets, that's just how it goes.

1) Seniority doesn't count for actually getting tickets. All seniority does is say how close you are to the stage once you actually get that ticket, just the same as it always has. You could be in the 10C for 15 years and be shut out by someone who is in the 10C for two months, but that two-month person will be waaaay in the back of the section.

2) The problem with "everything all at once" is the scalpers have programs that will kick everyone else out until they are done. Given the right program, you can also buy your max tickets allowed, then buy more before the second person even has a chance. If it's eight tickets per order, you could submit 20 orders all at once.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    donnaruhl wrote:
    Back in the late 90's we were given the option for tickets.
    You didn't know where you sat untill you picked them up at will call.
    And with every year you got a little closer. Up top,Left side, Right side, Middle Etc..
    I just renewed after 10yrs. So,I'm not aware of the system now.I remember standing outside Tower Records, waiting to get my chance for a ticket.#3 in line,Only to find a lotto just put me at the end of the line.I either got nose bleed or even nothing at all, Because they would sell out that quickly. That left me with just one shot left. Radio Give away's. There's Ticket Master, Stub-Hub, Live Nation etc. I've not yet experienced what you've gone through as a Ten Club Member. But My time is coming soon. The Fall Tour will be mentioned soon,And I'm sure I will be as neurotic as the next person.Excited,and Overwhelmed at the same time.And now 'I Know how it feels to be disappointed. I think it was 1994 that P.J. made their statment against Bill Gramn and Ticket Master,Because I went to see The Stone's,And P.J. was to open for them.I had just heard them for the first time that year.My Classic Rock Station started Playing(Better Man) I had to find out who this band was,So I searched every station I could to hear more.When I saw that it was Seal who was opening instead of P.J. I was very disappointed.But looking back, I want to thank them.Because of them,I stepped out of my Classic Rock World.And walked into a brand new World of Music. Let me tell you, I've done some crazy shit,to win tickets to see them,And that will be in my Rearview Mirror forever.Just had too put my Two Cent's in. :)

That's how it is now. You don't know where you are until you get them. The exception was PJ20 festival a few years ago. They had two options... Grass field in back both nights, or grass field one night and pavilion the other. You got an email saying "You will be in the pavilion on this night" so you could prepare with a blanket or whatever you needed.

Those lottos used to be popular. You'd stand in one line, then around 9 AM (or whenever), they'd distribute wristbands. If there were 100 people in line, and ball 58 was drawn, the 58 wristband would be at the front of the ticket line at 10 AM. 59 would be behind him, and so forth to person 100. Person 1 would be behind 100.

IMO, all that does (in theory) is prevent people from camping out for days and days.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    When are people going to realize that seeing a top notch band for under $100 is a steal.

Exactly. A lot of bands are doing $200 or even up to $700. Of course, the $700 option gets you a crapload of stuff, such as a poster, CD, meet-and-greet, preshow meal, etc, but still.... yawn.

Actually, my buddy says that a lot of those "$700 package deals" do go down to $150 or $100 after a while, but you lose all the extras.

Still, $80? That's about the price of an NCAA football ticket for top-ranked team...quite a steal, IMO.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    Seriously, why are people pearl jam fans? People complain about everything. Where were all of you people when they didn't sell out alpine valley? Oh you were complaining that it was in the middle of nowhere. Where were all the people who complained about getting shut of the spectrum shows? Oh they complained that pearl jam played the made in America festival so since it was a festival they wouldn't go. Honestly, this band just can't win. After all the bitching on these boards from their true fans it's a wonder they even tour anymore. Oh that's right, they don t do full fledge tours anymore especially in the USA. Maybe one day we ll get the hint.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=126886&p=4896728#p4896728

Famous for all time, mcgruff10.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    Seriously, why are people pearl jam fans? People complain about everything. Where were all of you people when they didn't sell out alpine valley? Oh you were complaining that it was in the middle of nowhere. Where were all the people who complained about getting shut of the spectrum shows? Oh they complained that pearl jam played the made in America festival so since it was a festival they wouldn't go. Honestly, this band just can't win. After all the bitching on these boards from their true fans it's a wonder they even tour anymore. Oh that's right, they don t do full fledge tours anymore especially in the USA. Maybe one day we ll get the hint.

was the first thing i thought reading mcgruff10's post..hehe...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    mcgruff10 wrote:

was the first thing i thought reading mcgruff10's post..hehe...

Thats obsurd....Pearl jam will always tour the usa.....Where do you think all there money at?....

Jeremy
  • Options
    [

Thats obsurd....Pearl jam will always tour the usa.....Where do you think all there money at?....

Jeremy
    i sure the last 7 years they tour more to europe than usa..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Honestly I just don't care anymore. The whole Wrigley drama is stale. If I don't go I don't go if I do awesome. There will be other shows.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    ArtgirlfriendArtgirlfriend Sweet Home Chicago Posts: 32
    mcgruff10 wrote:

:clap:
    I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for. - Georgia O'Keeffe

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Artgirlfriend
  • Options
    [

Jeremy

Because they make more there....Only reason why..

jeremy
  • Options
    [

Jeremy

Because they make more there....Only reason why..

jeremy
    i would love to see how you can explain this ....
  • Options
    tater926tater926 Posts: 263
    $80 to see pj isn't bad. I paid $160+ for fleetwood mac cause my wife wants to go. I don't mind fleetwood mac but that hurt.
    United Center-Jun 29 1998 Alpine Valley-Oct 8 2000
    Assembly Hall-Apr 23 2003 Alpine Valley-Jun 21 2003
    Grant Park-Aug 5 2007 United Center-Aug 23 2009
    United Center-Aug 24 2009 Alpine Valley-Sep 3 2011
    Alpine Valley-Sep 4 2011 Wrigley Field-Jul 19 2013
  • Options
    Alot of festivals in europe...Equals big paydays...

jeremy
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    gotta say...$80 isn't that bad. To me, at least
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options

jeremy
    numbers...which show-festival at europe they can get the money the did playing at the philly festival?
    you know how much money they pay for vat and taxis to europe for sell their merch??
    how much money they rent buses for their gear instead of using their owns as at usa?
    you know how much more expensive is to pay at a different money than dollars cos they loosing money at the exchage?
    thats the reason,when they sale 10c tix here in the site ,they charge you in dollars and not at the coin the country of the show they playing has....etc..
  • Options
    mcgruff10 wrote:

This is the best thing I've read all day!! :clap:
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    :corn:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,635
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Popcorn muncher needs to come in a page 1, not page 4.
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

says who?
    are you the rumor pit police?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

says who?

platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    I totally agree with you....The band doesn't care about the fans anymore..That is the bottom line..

If you require a band to care about you, you will always be let down. I appreciate music by artists I enjoy and save the caring for friends and family who are actually a part of my life.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    I do understand today wasn't a 10c sale. I was just giving my opinion on that as well.

And yes, I think $80 is expensive per ticket.

You say that because you have absolutely NO idea how much it costs the band to put on a show. The Venue charges them a fee to play, their techs, roadies, security, lighting people, sound people, truck drivers, etc do NOT work for free - They also have to have their travel and hotel covered (and gas for the trucks).

Pearl Jam doesn't get the full $80 you pay. The venue has to pay their staff, off duty cops, outside security, pay to bring in the food, drinks and booze we all buy, on top of their bills (ie. hydro, water, gas, heat) so don't be so quick to complain about an $80 ticket.
    That is CHEAP compared to every other band of PJ's stature (and many who aren't) they are ALL over $100. (cept for U2's GA tickets which were $50 before fee's last tour).

PLUS PJ donates a couple of bucks from EACH ticket to a charity in that city. What other band does that?

Most bands who charge less than $80 are NOT playing arena's or stadiums.

Saw Springsteen and McCartney for less than 50/ticket and they both have bigger bands and bigger stage productions...but maybe there not quite at the stature of PJ.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,635
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

says who?

Hey, I don't make the rules. Ask yourself, 'what good is a popcorn muncher on page 4'? He suggest that there's good things to come. He shouldn't come in towards the end when things are coming to a close. If anything, at this point in the thread, the only deserving faces are the neutral face, facepalm, or maybe a finger wag.
  • Options

jeremy
    numbers...which show-festival at europe they can get the money the did playing at the philly festival?
    you know how much money they pay for vat and taxis to europe for sell their merch??
    how much money they rent buses for their gear instead of using their owns as at usa?
    you know how much more expensive is to pay at a different money than dollars cos they loosing money at the exchage?
    thats the reason,when they sale 10c tix here in the site ,they charge you in dollars and not at the coin the country of the show they playing has....etc..

See what happens when the band keeps playing less show in the usa...It will cause one or two things...It cause the tickets to go higher demand...Or fans will just get tired of traveling to see them.....So, I really don't give a shit to be honest with you....

jeremy
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    mcgruff10 wrote:

+1
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Go Beavers wrote:

says who?

Hey, I don't make the rules. Ask yourself, 'what good is a popcorn muncher on page 4'? He suggest that there's good things to come. He shouldn't come in towards the end when things are coming to a close. If anything, at this point in the thread, the only deserving faces are the neutral face, facepalm, or maybe a finger wag.

platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,176
    I generally disagree with the statements posted by the OP.

You can't hold the band respondible for the current state of the ticket industry. Be it ticketmaster or many other ticket distributers, they've gone completely crooked. Is there anything PJ can do about it? not really. They tried to fight Ticketmaster when things weren't nearly as bad as they are now and they had no luck.

Are PJ tickets expensive? I don't think so. 80 bucks is the lower end of an establish touring rock band. I paid about the same for Foo Fighters and Soundgarden recently. I paid more for springsteen and metallica. Has the OP been attending any non-pj shows to get a feel for what tickets go for now?

Ticketmaster also has a wait room now. Where you have to queue for tickets. Probably not as bad as the tickets.com one, but they do have one.

Just my thoughts. You're complaining about alot of things that are out of the bands control. No tickets.com means no Wrigley show. Maybe they really wanted to play Wrigley?

My only complaint is they don't tour enough which is making everyone travel which creates insane demand for the tickets. If they did an actual US tour, ala 2006, 2003, 2000, I think things would calm down.