Options

"I didn't want to become what I despised as a kid..."

13»

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    UGH
    Another unhappy person that didn't get tickets and who thinks its the band's fault. :roll:
    Its amazing how little some people know about the concert industry.
  • Options
    Zod wrote:

Ticketmaster also has a wait room now. Where you have to queue for tickets. Probably not as bad as the tickets.com one, but they do have one.

They do? I have not encountered this.

Still agree with everything you said. Just that this is news to me.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Zod wrote:
    . If they did an actual US tour, ala 2006, 2003, 2000, I think things would calm down.

great point right there,.
    :thumbup:

hoping and praying that the Fall Tour is even remotely close to this,...
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,112
    Zod wrote:

Ticketmaster also has a wait room now. Where you have to queue for tickets. Probably not as bad as the tickets.com one, but they do have one.

Yeah, I have seen it for high demand shows. After you enter the CAPTCHA code and get to the window telling you it's searching for tickets there is also a line indicating the approximate wait time. If you refresh the page or go back and resubmit, it bumps your wait time back up. Not sure if they pull people out first come first serve or at random, but I have definitely been in a TM waiting room.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    pjl44 wrote:
    Zod wrote:

Yeah, I have seen it for high demand shows. After you enter the CAPTCHA code and get to the window telling you it's searching for tickets there is also a line indicating the approximate wait time. If you refresh the page or go back and resubmit, it bumps your wait time back up. Not sure if they pull people out first come first serve or at random, but I have definitely been in a TM waiting room.
    hey!are you going to Wrigley?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,583
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    The lottery and seniority system that 10c has going here is something I fiercely disagree with. It shouldn't matter how long you've been a fan or in the fan club. That should never determine your chances of going to see a show. The lottery is just another anxiety-invoking ordeal to put the fans through. My opinion? Just put the tickets on sale, first come, first served. Simple as that. If people don't get pre-sale or 10c exclusive tickets, that's just how it goes.

Seniority was and still is a perk the band wanted to offer its' fan club members. They can withdraw that perk at any given time but have no desire to. It's frankly tiresome to hear the same argument time & time again from people who bash seniority as if it's some sort of us vs. them mentality in the membership base, where members resent one another for a number that's otherwise meaningless in the real world. For those that disagree with seniority, vote with your wallet and don't renew your membership. The band directly benefits from the significant revenue stream generated from membership dues and rewards said memberships with seniority so if you feel you aren't being rewarded then don't reward the band.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    eladdereladder Posts: 414
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    Seriously, why are people pearl jam fans? People complain about everything. Where were all of you people when they didn't sell out alpine valley? Oh you were complaining that it was in the middle of nowhere. Where were all the people who complained about getting shut of the spectrum shows? Oh they complained that pearl jam played the made in America festival so since it was a festival they wouldn't go. Honestly, this band just can't win. After all the bitching on these boards from their true fans it's a wonder they even tour anymore. Oh that's right, they don t do full fledge tours anymore especially in the USA. Maybe one day we ll get the hint.

BOOM!!! Not gasper but boom for this post.
    He was ok but wondering about wandering
  • Options
    eladdereladder Posts: 414
    I know its been said but cant be said enough. When they fought tmaster they actually made loot from selling records. Now they dont. I dont think we'd see them selling as much merch too if artists were actually able to sell their music.
    He was ok but wondering about wandering
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 512
    The bitching by 10c members has to stop. The sense of entitlement makes me sick. Lets look at numbers real quick. There are over 400k 10c members. There is not a single stadium in the world that will hold that many people. Its that simple. Everyone cant go! If you want to go you will find a way. Now for as much as they charge for a show they are cheap. I believe they were the cheapest ticket for a concert at wrigley. Jason aldean the following night are $10 more a seat or more. Put that into perspective. Jason aldean v pj whose tickets should be more. The elton john seats at wrigley were Tickets ($175, $95). Thats double. Bruce- They range from $45-$103 dmb General Admission Field / Standing Only: $85.00 Box Seating: $75.00 Upper Deck 1: $65.00 Upper Deck 2: $49.50 paul mccartney Tickets ($29.50, $49.50, $69.50, $99.50, $165, $250) are on sale at tickets.com. Keep in mind some of these concerts happened 6 years ago. So to say they dont fight for us is a joke. They clearly set their prices lower than most.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,682
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Go Beavers wrote:

Hey, I don't make the rules. Ask yourself, 'what good is a popcorn muncher on page 4'? He suggest that there's good things to come. He shouldn't come in towards the end when things are coming to a close. If anything, at this point in the thread, the only deserving faces are the neutral face, facepalm, or maybe a finger wag.

:corn:

:|
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    Zod wrote:

Is that the "waiting room" everyone's been complaining about on tickets.com? :lol::lol::lol:
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Zod wrote:
    You can't hold the band respondible for the current state of the ticket industry. Be it ticketmaster or many other ticket distributers, they've gone completely crooked. Is there anything PJ can do about it? not really.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,852
    More than 2 shows announced at once would help!

And I don't mean 3...
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    Zod wrote:
    You can't hold the band respondible for the current state of the ticket industry. Be it ticketmaster or many other ticket distributers, they've gone completely crooked. Is there anything PJ can do about it? not really.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    Zod wrote:
    its all cubs fault then :mrgreen:
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    My only complaint is they don't tour enough which is making everyone travel which creates insane demand for the tickets. If they did an actual US tour, ala 2006, 2003, 2000, I think things would calm down.[/quote]

I totally agree with your complaint...I think pearl jam does these short tours...Just to make the tickets in more high demand....

If they would do sort of what we call a proper tour of the usa.....At least hit each major region of the usa.....It would make it easier for every fan to make it to a concert..
  • Options
    Agree or disagree these are just my thoughts....

Obviously the 10c number was originally a nice way to thank members for supporting the band. The early years the band really did need the fan support and support some really gave....and they were remembered for this.
    Sadly the intent and the love behind this gift is not being respected at times by both old and new members.

I personally think the term entitlement it being used far too broadly speaking about other 10c members... It's a hurtful term that is not helping the current ticket situation.

No the band does not tour enough but as soon as a show ends I'm ready for another......so what will ever be enough? With the current climate of the board why do extended tours.... Not to mention the guys all have family I'm sure they'd rather be with.

Ticketmaster is Ticketmaster and there is not much that can be done. All we can hope for is the maximum 10c seats possible. With that, possibly a better way to prevent those 10c seats from being sold period! Scalpers are winning tickets not all of them but some so if it comes down to you or a scalper getting that 10c ticket who do you want to have it?

Ticket prices.... I'm fine with higher ticket prices. I still think they reasonable hell they are a steal for they shows I have seen. The costs have increased over the years..... I don't make the same amount as I did 20 years ago.... I expect a raise every year.... Why should this be any different?

I will keep my membership... I will continue to by my CD DVD's and clothing through the 10c regardless if another store has it cheaper or what the shipping costs are. I will even if I don't win tickets. I will do this because I have alway believed this supported Pearl Jam. Just what I have always thought right or wrong I will keep doing it.....
    It's who I was as a teenager Its just who I am.
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Zod wrote:

I think there's a difference between the ticketmaster and tickets waiting rooms. Ticketmaster is based on how many people were ahead of you when you submit the captcha. I believe Tickets.com randomly gives people different wait times and puts them at different places in "line". At least that was always my understanding.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Sure pearl jam tours the usa less now....But, they cant announce the whole us tour at once?....So, it would make it easier for the fans to be able to go.....We aren't asking for much..

Jeremy
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    LiLiNY81 wrote:

I'm sorry Jeff but your band has become what you, and myself, despise (in the business sense). I'm sure I'll catch plenty of shit for calling out the almighty Pearl Jam, but they aren't infallible.

I wonder if Jeff really cares at this point. If you ask me, all the band are just carrying on because the PJ empire is too big and successful to quit, as their creative energies are focused on side projects and other priorities. The integrity these guys once had seems to be a thing of the past, so even bringing it up seems nostalgic to the point that they hardly remember, or care, what they stood for years ago. At least that's what the public sees. What I see when at a show is musicians going through the motions, Eddie going through the motions...
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    My power has been out for 2 days. What did I miss??? :P
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,928
    Eddie going through the motions? The band going through the motions? Could you give me a specific show where you saw this? To me it seems like the vast majority of shows the band is giving 100 percent. In the 48 shows I ve seen them live I can think of one time you could tell they were tired and just playing because they had too. That show was Hershey 2003. But t hen again it was the day after Boston 3.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    [/quote]

I wonder if Jeff really cares at this point. If you ask me, all the band are just carrying on because the PJ empire is too big and successful to quit, as their creative energies are focused on side projects and other priorities. The integrity these guys once had seems to be a thing of the past, so even bringing it up seems nostalgic to the point that they hardly remember, or care, what they stood for years ago. At least that's what the public sees. What I see when at a show is musicians going through the motions, Eddie going through the motions...[/quote]

I agree with everything...Besides the band just going through the motions...I think the band still puts on an excellent show live....Some shows they are on their game...Some shows they are off a little...
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    Eddie going through the motions? The band going through the motions? Could you give me a specific show where you saw this? To me it seems like the vast majority of shows the band is giving 100 percent. In the 48 shows I ve seen them live I can think of one time you could tell they were tired and just playing because they had too. That show was Hershey 2003. But t hen again it was the day after Boston 3.

On the whole, if the band doesn't tour much, hasn't made new music in 4 years, and the energy onstage isn't magical enough for the members to want to make new music together (hence the delay of another album?), then they are going through the motions. The empire is so big and good to them financially, that calling it quits or even a hiatus like other bands do, doesn't make sense. So they do their few shows a year, so they can "say" they're still together as a band.

If you've seen RNDM live, then you've seen magic and hot, raw energy in motion. PJ goes through the motions.
  • Options
    bionicamy wrote:
    Agree or disagree these are just my thoughts....

Obviously the 10c number was originally a nice way to thank members for supporting the band. The early years the band really did need the fan support and support some really gave....and they were remembered for this.
    Sadly the intent and the love behind this gift is not being respected at times by both old and new members.

I personally think the term entitlement it being used far too broadly speaking about other 10c members... It's a hurtful term that is not helping the current ticket situation.

No the band does not tour enough but as soon as a show ends I'm ready for another......so what will ever be enough? With the current climate of the board why do extended tours.... Not to mention the guys all have family I'm sure they'd rather be with.

Ticketmaster is Ticketmaster and there is not much that can be done. All we can hope for is the maximum 10c seats possible. With that, possibly a better way to prevent those 10c seats from being sold period! Scalpers are winning tickets not all of them but some so if it comes down to you or a scalper getting that 10c ticket who do you want to have it?

Ticket prices.... I'm fine with higher ticket prices. I still think they reasonable hell they are a steal for they shows I have seen. The costs have increased over the years..... I don't make the same amount as I did 20 years ago.... I expect a raise every year.... Why should this be any different?

I will keep my membership... I will continue to by my CD DVD's and clothing through the 10c regardless if another store has it cheaper or what the shipping costs are. I will even if I don't win tickets. I will do this because I have alway believed this supported Pearl Jam. Just what I have always thought right or wrong I will keep doing it.....
    It's who I was as a teenager Its just who I am.

One thing I don't understand....What does it matter if members on here express their own opinions....Why does that effect how many shows pearl jam does during a tour?.....It doesn't?......They tour if they want to?...They don't get together...Say hey those fans are bitching on porch...So, we won't do more shows this year....This is obsurd...

jeremy
  • Options
    Touing & merchandise sales is the bands bread and butter.....So, they will always tour....I guess if the band can make enough money on these short tours of the usa....To continue as a band...They will continue to do small tours...But, it is just going to make it much toughier for fans to be able to attend shows...

What I would like to see....Is the band just try to do a better job of covering each region of the usa....To make it easier for fans to be able to go...Plus, try to announce the tour all at once..

Yes well all understand pretty much each member has a family now.....Its the bands decision on how much they want to tour each year.....So, as far as I look at it.....The shows will become less and less each year....
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    mcgruff10 wrote:

On the whole, if the band doesn't tour much, hasn't made new music in 4 years, and the energy onstage isn't magical enough for the members to want to make new music together (hence the delay of another album?), then they are going through the motions. The empire is so big and good to them financially, that calling it quits or even a hiatus like other bands do, doesn't make sense. So they do their few shows a year, so they can "say" they're still together as a band.

If you've seen RNDM live, then you've seen magic and hot, raw energy in motion. PJ goes through the motions.

I don't think the end is near for pearl jam...But, I can this pattern happening from now one...Taking 4 to 6 years to release a new album....With a few shows here and there...Just to make some money....

jeremy
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    edited February 2013
    Jeanwah wrote:
    mcgruff10 wrote:

I agree with your points, although it is probably a natural thing after 20 years. I think they do just the minimum number of shows a year to pay the bills and fund their causes. Lets face it, nothing new is around the corner musically. They've broken the ground they were going to break, although I hope I'm wrong.

Still love the band and shows though, but I've lowered my expectations of being surprised at a show or by an album. We know what we are going to get going forward.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    mcgruff10 wrote:

I agree with your points, although it is probably a natural thing after 20 years. I think they do just the minimum number of shows a year to pay the bills and fund their causes.

Which we respect....If they could they just play more areas of the usa....Instead of pretty much playing the east and west all the time......We do get an occasional midwest tour.....But, the south rarely gets a legit tour....
  • Options

If you've seen RNDM live, then you've seen magic and hot, raw energy in motion. PJ goes through the motions.[/quote]

I agree with your points, although it is probably a natural thing after 20 years. I think they do just the minimum number of shows a year to pay the bills and fund their causes.[/quote]

Which we respect....If they could they just play more areas of the usa....Instead of pretty much playing the east and west all the time......We do get an occasional midwest tour.....But, the south rarely gets a legit tour....Plus, announce the tour all at once...Or give heads etc..