Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• https://melmagazine.com/a-guy-walks-into-a-bar-53c784e7369b#.9ojl4al1h
    "They scavenged through the trash cans that lined Pearl Alley,"

FWIW, that alley backs up to a nightclub, the Newport which Ed also mentions during the Columbus 5/6/2010 bootleg as a club they played at during their early years. So yeah, Pearl Jam members walked down Pearl Alley.

Oh, to have a time machine and for them to take a picture beneath the street sign that says Pearl Alley on it...and at the time they played, there *may* have been a Pearl and 10th Avenue...what's there now? The development which includes Ugly Tuna.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,202
    So was foul play involved or did this guy just go Chris McCandles on everybody that knew him?
  • JensStillHereJensStillHere Columbus, Ohio Posts: 101
    joseph33 said:

So was foul play involved or did this guy just go Chris McCandles on everybody that knew him?

That's the question to which nobody knows the answer. This is a local story for me and I hope one day there are answers, but at this point it seems unlikely.
  • http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cryptic-missing-person-cases-anniversary-agatha-christie-disappearance-gallery-1.2896276

I wish I had answers. Here's a site about several cryptic missing persons cases.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,768
    Our light in the window remains. New article.

http://narrative.ly/a-guy-walks-into-a-barand-is-never-seen-again/
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,746
    Kat said:

Our light in the window remains. New article.

http://narrative.ly/a-guy-walks-into-a-barand-is-never-seen-again/

Sadly, it seems to be the same article I linked to a few posts above, but thanks for keeping thoughts!
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    me oh my oh
    still lost in ohio

:'(
  • sending out hopes and energy to find Brian :)
  • treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,798
    I was just thinking of Brian the other day .Thanks Kat

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,202
    Who had his phone if it rang? How did they accuire the phone? Use the RFID to to activate the GPS on the phone. I suspect foul play was invoved.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    So his former roommate who was with him that night refused to take a polygraph??? Your buddy disappears into thin air on a night you're with him and you refuse to take a polygraph??? And then his phone rings and pings a tower 6 months later???
  • my2hands said:

So his former roommate who was with him that night refused to take a polygraph??? Your buddy disappears into thin air on a night you're with him and you refuse to take a polygraph??? And then his phone rings and pings a tower 6 months later???

Where did I miss this?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

my2hands said:

Where did I miss this?
    its in the stories in the links above. crazy stuff

• Not sure if anyone follows the podcast, "Up and Vanished," about Tara Grinstead, a young teacher who went missing in Georgia approximately the same time as Brian Schaffer. Anyways, just this week after never finding a body nor having a single arrest in over a decade, the state police announced they have a suspect in custody and they know what happened. While I hope for a better resolution for Brian, it's still good to know cases like this do sometimes get resolved.
  • SDNick484 said:

Not sure if anyone follows the podcast, "Up and Vanished," about Tara Grinstead, a young teacher who went missing in Georgia approximately the same time as Brian Schaffer. Anyways, just this week after never finding a body nor having a single arrest in over a decade, the state police announced they have a suspect in custody and they know what happened. While I hope for a better resolution for Brian, it's still good to know cases like this do sometimes get resolved.

Sometimes the authorities know more than they reveal.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    edited March 2017
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Brian_Shaffer

"However, footage from cameras at three other nearby bars showed no trace of Brian"
    I'm not sure on what planet this makes sense, or even begins to.

And yeah, pulling from my memory on the situation, the phone ring was blamed on a "technology glitch" or something similar. Brian's friend refused to take it, but the wiki I linked to also mentions a bit of that.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    11 years with no answers.

Thanks to Kat and Sea (and others?) for keeping the thread stuck to the top.
    Thanks to all the fans for the thoughts and comments and keeping open eyes.
    Finally, a huge, huge thanks to the band for Cincinnati 2006 and Columbus 2010. When other things certainly could have happened, words were said about Brian and songs (Wishlist with a "Love Is Stronger Than Witchcraft" tag in Cincinnati and a hugely emotional Come Back in Columbus) were played.

http://crimefeed.com/2017/03/29403/?sf67003265=1
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648

11 years with no answers.

Thanks to Kat and Sea (and others?) for keeping the thread stuck to the top.
    Thanks to all the fans for the thoughts and comments and keeping open eyes.
    Finally, a huge, huge thanks to the band for Cincinnati 2006 and Columbus 2010. When other things certainly could have happened, words were said about Brian and songs (Wishlist with a "Love Is Stronger Than Witchcraft" tag in Cincinnati and a hugely emotional Come Back in Columbus) were played.

http://crimefeed.com/2017/03/29403/?sf67003265=1

wow, hope we get answers soon.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    didn't see this video posted but looks like his girlfriend at the time has moved on. She's married and has kids.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLm1ZdQg7sY
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    This whole thing has been a wide range of emotions. Maddening, confusing, sad, frustrating, etc.

...and all because, all those years ago, I was walking to class and saw the stickman logo (his tattoo) on a poster and thought it was a tribute band promo flyer. That's what caused me to do a double-take. I had heard the various news announcements, but thought nothing of it until that stickman caught my eye.
  • JohnD.JohnD. Posts: 63
    That people go missing and are never found to me is proof that there is no God. For parents to have a child disappear and leave them wondering for the rest of their lives what happened is the worst fate I can imagine. Same goes for loved ones, friends, spouses and siblings. The universe is a cold place.
  • rbhesterrbhester Posts: 212
    SDNick484 said:

Not sure if anyone follows the podcast, "Up and Vanished," about Tara Grinstead, a young teacher who went missing in Georgia approximately the same time as Brian Schaffer. Anyways, just this week after never finding a body nor having a single arrest in over a decade, the state police announced they have a suspect in custody and they know what happened. While I hope for a better resolution for Brian, it's still good to know cases like this do sometimes get resolved.

That happened twenty miles from my house. Local media went into a frenzy when the arrest was made. Apparently someone ratted finally after all these years.

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    That people go missing and are never found to me is proof that there is no God. For parents to have a child disappear and leave them wondering for the rest of their lives what happened is the worst fate I can imagine. Same goes for loved ones, friends, spouses and siblings. The universe is a cold place.
    Terrible indeed but not all is cold friend. There is light...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,174

Brian Shaffer on BrainScratch Searchlight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDJUwu5rfoE
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • There has been a little bit of sad news, which I have permission to pass along.

Kevin Miles was the president of Crime Stoppers Central Ohio back in 2006 when Brian first went missing. He did a lot to keep Brian's story at the forefront of the local news and local attention and all that, with the reward fund and out. I found out late last night that Kevin had recently entered hospice care. I'm sure any positive thoughts, prayers, mojo, karma, voodoo, dances, whatever would be much appreciated by Kevin's loved ones.
  • There has been a little bit of sad news, which I have permission to pass along.

Kevin Miles was the president of Crime Stoppers Central Ohio back in 2006 when Brian first went missing. He did a lot to keep Brian's story at the forefront of the local news and local attention and all that, with the reward fund and out. I found out late last night that Kevin had recently entered hospice care. I'm sure any positive thoughts, prayers, mojo, karma, voodoo, dances, whatever would be much appreciated by Kevin's loved ones.
    Sending positive thoughts and prayers to Kevin and his family
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I saw something unrelated which reminded to post what I've been meaning to...

Thursday was the ninth anniversary of the death of Brian's dad, Randy.