Options

Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

1444546474850»

Comments

• Options
    locked said:
    is it true that the guy last seen with him will not take a lie detector test or do I have that wrong ?

It seems like he helped somewhat, but then got annoyed.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    wouldn't be out of the question for someone to have a mental blip and take off when a parent dies. 

Throw in the stress from med school...

But I still think someone saw something that night and isn't saying all they know. Maybe Brian got in a car with a stranger.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    I'm not clear on the security cameras. It sounds like the one club camera was a panning camera so it's possible that Brian slipped out and the timing was just right for the camera to not pick him up.

But then I read that there were other cameras at businesses across the street that were reviewed so I'm not sure if that could have happened or not.

That the detectives were theorizing about him changing clothes or exiting out ways that likely wouldn't have been available to patrons makes me think that they are convinced he didn't leave out the door that he entered.

Very strange. I don't buy the idea that he took off to lead a new life and it seems like if he was too upset about his Mom's passing he wouldn't have been out at a bar anyway.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Then police discovered something odd: An entrance camera showed Shaffer entering the Ugly Tuna Saloona around 1:15am, but not leaving. Another camera showed he hadn’t slipped out an emergency exit, either.
    In fact, every single person who entered the bar that night was seen leaving, except Shaffer. It’s possible he escaped through an unwatched freight elevator, but security cameras from nearby bars should have spotted him afterward.

this might be my answer...

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    There might have been a blind spot. Perhaps Brian eluded detection. The craggy building that housed the Ugly Tuna was under construction, and a temporary freight elevator escaped surveillance. Maybe Brian came down the rusty service ladder that traversed the shaft, resting for a few seconds on each rung. Maybe someone waited for him at the bottom, making sure he didn’t slip. Still, security cameras from nearby bars — Sloppy Donkey, Mad Mex, Lucky’s Stout House — would have caught him when he fled the building. Somehow, he evaded surveillance in a city with more closed-circuit television than Cleveland, Cincinnati and Toledo combined. Brian had disappeared in Ohio’s most-watched metropolis, where it’s always 1984.
    Derek remembered the surveillance footage, foggy and translucent; it became a visual time capsule, a Pandora’s box. Brian scaled the escalator before turning right; he walked into the bar, into the blank. “He looked like he was having a good time,” says Derek. “Nothing seemed off at all.”

• Options
    The more I dig into it the Cliff angle seems obvious...but the security footage showed Cliff leaving....

This might be the most mysterious missing persons case that I can remember.

• Options
    Cameras: I've always thought the panning camera was at the bottom of the escalators...maybe I'm wrong.

If Sloppy Donkey was where I think it was...that was a mile or so NORTH...and his apartment was moreso SOUTH...it would have been odd if he traveled north...then again, this whole thing is odd.

And yeah, the detective enlarged the video on a huge wall/screen and everyone was accounted for.

"Somehow, he evaded surveillance in a city with more closed-circuit television than Cleveland, Cincinnati and Toledo combined."

That part. There were cameras all over the place that night.

Clint...not Cliff..it's just my personal guess with no inside info, but if someone knows something, it's probably gonna be him. I'm not saying he was directly involved, but I wouldn't be surprised if he holds a major key.
  • Options
    Cameras: I've always thought the panning camera was at the bottom of the escalators...maybe I'm wrong.

If Sloppy Donkey was where I think it was...that was a mile or so NORTH...and his apartment was moreso SOUTH...it would have been odd if he traveled north...then again, this whole thing is odd.

And yeah, the detective enlarged the video on a huge wall/screen and everyone was accounted for.

"Somehow, he evaded surveillance in a city with more closed-circuit television than Cleveland, Cincinnati and Toledo combined."

That part. There were cameras all over the place that night.

Clint...not Cliff..it's just my personal guess with no inside info, but if someone knows something, it's probably gonna be him. I'm not saying he was directly involved, but I wouldn't be surprised if he holds a major key.
    Yeah but the fact that the detective sees Clint leave with the girl seems to be a solid alibi. Brian clearly left the building and coincidentally avoided the cameras. 

The comments that Brian's brother made about Clint are unnerving though. He clearly feels like Clint knew something but again... Cameras show Clint leaving 

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ETpMarF2yg

Long watch but interesting...he breaks it down pretty well

• Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    I like that dude.  I am very curious on the theory he disregarded; that Brian could've drowned in a river. The Olentangy River is only a mile west of the Ugly Tuna, and it's right beside The James Cancer Hospital. With his mother's passing due to cancer only 25 days prior to his disappearance, I believe it is not only possible, but probable that he could've stumbled to one of those bridges near the cancer hospital in a fit of depression and unbearable grief and jumped off the bridge. Did the river get combed? Not that I heard...
    Clint... you sound very suspicious as well
    Burglary or altercation with unknown thugs after leaving the bar.... I can see that as well; them disposing a body after murdering him. Frick... It's a tough case that's gone on far too long. I still can't get over the image of that dude I saw in the James Cancer Hospital commercial a while ago. He looks uncannily like Brian. 
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    evsgjamm said:
    I like that dude.  I am very curious on the theory he disregarded; that Brian could've drowned in a river. The Olentangy River is only a mile west of the Ugly Tuna, and it's right beside The James Cancer Hospital. With his mother's passing due to cancer only 25 days prior to his disappearance, I believe it is not only possible, but probable that he could've stumbled to one of those bridges near the cancer hospital in a fit of depression and unbearable grief and jumped off the bridge. Did the river get combed? Not that I heard...
    Clint... you sound very suspicious as well
    Burglary or altercation with unknown thugs after leaving the bar.... I can see that as well; them disposing a body after murdering him. Frick... It's a tough case that's gone on far too long. I still can't get over the image of that dude I saw in the James Cancer Hospital commercial a while ago. He looks uncannily like Brian. 
    I really think that if it was a suicide his body would have been discovered. And I still have a problem with the Clint angle since cameras show him leaving with the girl. Very strange.

• Options
    There was an OSU football player who killed himself in late 2014. A dumpster-diver found the body in a dumpster. It was obvious the guy didn't want to be found.

And yeah...the river was combed.
  • Options
    There was an OSU football player who killed himself in late 2014. A dumpster-diver found the body in a dumpster. It was obvious the guy didn't want to be found.

I get that but it's very hard to believe that Brian would leave his fiancé hanging like that. 

• Options

I get that but it's very hard to believe that Brian would leave his fiancé hanging like that. 

You mean his girlfriend, but yeah...it's very weird.
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,340

An OSU player killed himself in a dumpster??  That's extremely strange....
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    edited December 2023

It was really awkward during the Senior Day festivities when his photo was shown on the video screens, as he was still missing.

I think the body was found the next afternoon.
    https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/11960455/kosta-karageorge-ohio-state-buckeyes-found-dead
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
  • Options

It was really awkward during the Senior Day festivities when his photo was shown on the video screens, as he was still missing.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/11960455/kosta-karageorge-ohio-state-buckeyes-found-dead
    This just seems extremely suspicious!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options

What, that the concussion effects got to him and he killed himself? Keep in mind it happened in 2014.
  • Options

What, that the concussion effects got to him and he killed himself? Keep in mind it happened in 2014.
    Not sure what 2014 has to do with it but you don't think it's suspicious that he supposedly killed himself in a dumpster??  I would certainly think that the odds were greater that he was murdered and his body was dumped in a dumpster.  Not saying it's impossible, but it seems improbable to me.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    edited December 2023

Not sure what 2014 has to do with it but you don't think it's suspicious that he supposedly killed himself in a dumpster??  I would certainly think that the odds were greater that he was murdered and his body was dumped in a dumpster.  Not saying it's impossible, but it seems improbable to me.
    Did you read the article? His mom doesn't seem to think anything was suspicious.

• Options

Did you read the article? His mom doesn't seem to think anything was suspicious.
    Yes i did, the article doesn't say that.  She mentioned his concussions and a recent conversation.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    A police report says Karageorge's mother told authorities he has had concussions and spells of confusion. She said he texted a message Wednesday citing the concussions and saying he was sorry if he was "an embarrassment."

Ok, correct, she didn't specifically say that but it seems pretty apparent...

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    edited February 21
    I fairly recently saw MrBallen cover this story in one of his videos, but I think it was one of his 3-stories-in-one-video segments, so unfortunately I can't find the video. But that is some pretty major exposure for the story, so I was happy to see it!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata