Options

Why hasn't PJ ever played in Alaska ?

Comments

• Options
    Take a ferry up to Alaska. I can see it now: Inside Passage Summer Tour-Ketchikan, Sitka, Juneau, Haines, Skagway, Whitehorse. Yeah baby.
    Yes, there really is a dog.
  • Options
    alaskadude wrote:
    pjradio wrote:
    Fort Barrow, Alaska Forecast for today 1/21/2011:

Today
    Partly cloudy. Patchy ice fog. Highs 35 to 50 BELOW. Light winds.

Yes, you read that right. That's 35 to 50 degrees BELOW ZERO!
    Holy dead car batteries. Yikes.

LIGHT winds! LIGHT?? i dont want to even know! so i guess we are gonna organize this pj alaskan adventure for the summertime. you know ... dont want my bottle of wine to freeze over is all :lol:
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    maybe the same reason Pearl Jam has never played live in Puerto Rico dunno though, have they, will they, can they I'd bet Pearl Jam plays live in Puerto Rico before Alaska...
    04-22-92
    08-04-92
    03-28-94
    08-09-00
    08-27-00
    04-13-03
    06-12-08

"maybe it me or it maybe you"
  • Options
    E
    maybe the same reason Pearl Jam has never played live in Puerto Rico dunno though, have they, will they, can they I'd bet Pearl Jam plays live in Puerto Rico before Alaska...
    I'll take that bet Giuseppe. If you win, you have to our me up, if you win, same deal.
  • Options
    alaskadude wrote:
    E
    I'll take that bet Giuseppe. If you win, you have to our me up, if you win, same deal.
    Damn smart phone! If you win, you have a place to stay, if I win, the same.
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    Two words....Sarah Palin. That's why.

RM
  • Options
    I think that, if you were to ask, most people who live in Alaska would say that Palin is a total embarisment and disgrace. It's only the media that pumps her up.
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    does anyone actually play alaska?
    Tool played there.
    Fan of singer songwriters who push musical boundaries?
    You need to hear this new artist!
    Visit www.daveshowmusic.com
  • Options
    Time to man up and play a show in alaska.
  • Options
    Alaska? Hellooo!
  • Options
    My significant other is giving birth this April, so any time after that would work for me. :D
  • Options
    smokeabudsmokeabud Posts: 253
    PLAY ALASKA !
    Vote for PJ to play in Alaska

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Options
    alaskadudealaskadude Posts: 59
    You know they want to.
  • Options
    dislocateddislocated Posts: 599
    Local H played there recently
  • Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    Does this win the prize for the longest post kept alive? Are you going to be at PJ20 Smokeabud?
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    richieheapsrichieheaps Posts: 182
    How about we get Alyeska to turn on the lifts and let PJ play in Girdwood....I mean Girdweed?
  • Options
    nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    mca47 wrote:
    It's because it's Alaska!!

Simple answer.
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Options
    Play ALASKA PLEASE!! Two gigs in Fairbanks and two in Anchorage. I guarantee they would sell out in a hurry. We don't get many big bands up here and when we do people are so excited. The only reason I miss the lower 48 is concerts. Send up Eddie for a solo tour in the wild! :D
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I'll bump yet again as it's one place I truly would love to see them play! It would be magical for sure. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    I would think with Eddie laying the soundtrak for ITW he'd feel compelled to play some shows up here. Would love to see a mini Ed tour AND the full band!! It would be an absolute dream! Fairbanks was going nuts when Snoop Dogg came. If PJ came it would be a frenzy and I'd be there right at the front :D
  • Options
    August or September 2012? Time to start planning it early boys!! I'd say June or July except I'll be working out in the boonies during that time therefore it has to be August or later :lol:
  • Options
    #1 Reason Pearl Jam hasn't been to Alaska

Bears
    grizzlyroar.png
    Godless Killing Machines
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    This has probably been mentioned but the thread is 36 pages long so needless to say I didn't read it all, It's F'in cold in Alaska.
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Staceb10 wrote:
    It's F'in cold in Alaska.

haha.. Thats the 2nd post in the thread....

They probably watched that Alaska State Troopers show and said "fuck that, its like the goddamn wild west up there..."
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    Staceb10 wrote:
    This has probably been mentioned but the thread is 36 pages long so needless to say I didn't read it all, It's F'in cold in Alaska.

Actually its quite nice here during the summer. I'm not saying they should play Barrow or Kotzebue, but Fairbanks and certainly Anchorage should be at the top of their list for places they still need to play. Anchorage is just like any other big city, has all the amenities.
  • Options
    Tom K wrote:
    Staceb10 wrote:
    It's F'in cold in Alaska.

haha.. Thats the 2nd post in the thread....

They probably watched that Alaska State Troopers show and said "fuck that, its like the goddamn wild west up there..."

Ok so I didn't read any of the thread other than the title :)

I will say that I have heard from people that have been to Alaska that its quite beautiful.
  • Options
    I didn't read all 36 pages...

Sara Palin. That's why.

Oh and logistics. But mainly Sara.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    Duuuude, if Pearl Jam announce they're playing in Alaska...I'll buy my ticketS (you might need at least 3 to get there I heard) This is going to be my DREAM concert. Small venue, small crowd, indoor...like a private concert!

:)
  • Options
    PearlLucy wrote:
    Duuuude, if Pearl Jam announce they're playing in Alaska...I'll buy my ticketS (you might need at least 3 to get there I heard) This is going to be my DREAM concert. Small venue, small crowd, indoor...like a private concert!

If PJ plays AK it will not be small...nothing in AK is small. :D
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    PearlLucy wrote:

If PJ plays AK it will not be small...nothing in AK is small. :D

coffee shacks are small....but they make up for size by having a shit ton of them.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg