Options

The Riot Act Wars...

BlkFlg1BlkFlg1 Posts: 156
edited July 2013 in The Porch
Alas, the YIELD Fan Club (YFC) were once the elite warrior/poet class of the PIT. We stood for justice, peace, love, and posts that were actually intelligent with correct spelling (mostly). We were the vanguard of “the old board” before message pit posters started posting like they had been eating lead paint. But, I digress. We were indeed the “Jedi” of the board: we didn’t verbally abuse people, we honored and welcomed them in to high-class debate, and we were a council (well I never was, I was never a “Master”, but I was a Jedi. I was too young and brash, like "likepilateihaveadog" and RocKing. The Jedi council was the YIELD Council.) I digress again. Here is the tale of yore….

There were dark times on the board. The original posters were beginning to dwindle, from the Sony/BBS days. People were beginning to post like idiots en masse, the board became populated with aggression, victimization, and whining (Ed's hair, no shows for the south, play this or that...)….it was the presence of the “dark side” on the board. Then, penultimate YIELD nemesis YOSI (dont get me wrong, I love Yosi) started a stupid Riot Act thread, in which we Jedi had to defend the republic from this atrocity.

The Riot Act wars had begun.

We engaged in spirited, but noble debate over how bad Riot Act sucked, meanwhile existing in the relative tranquility of our beloved YIELD thread and its jewbabes, Nugent, non-dual spirituality, and artistic/literary merit. It turns out that the Sith are always two in number, and Yosi was merely the front man for the real menace “Locked”. Locked was too much for us, in the weakened state of our “society” (the board) we were beaten and banished to all ends of the galaxy, destroyed except for a few.

We are now cave dwellers in a far of land, living as desert monks, steeped in self-study and analysis.
YIELD Fan Club Sergeant-At-Arms
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    I am in awe......
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    Bored, huh?
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    What pointlessness. But seriously, Yield is great, but not PJ's best album.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    umm wow,

all i can think of is that your literary talents would be better suited for an english class. and psst, i think you're watching star wars a few too many times :D
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Epic...just epic
    '06- Irving Plaza (What a way to see my first PJ concert), Albany, Hartford, Camden I & II, East Rutherford I & II, Pittsburgh

'07- THE VIC!!!, Lollapalooza (Chicago)

'08- Virginia Beach, Camden I & II, Washington D.C., MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II,
    EV NY I & II, Newark, DC I & II
  • Options
    mfc22mfc22 Posts: 106
    ...you're shwartz is bigger than mine... dark helmet
    ...if she's gone i can't go on feelin' 2 foot small...
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    "...you're shwartz is bigger than mine..."

dark helmet
  • Options

dark helmet
  • Options
    mfc22 wrote:

dark helmet

god I love it. more spaceballs quotes, plese.
  • Options
    mfc22 wrote:

dark helmet

god I love it. more spaceballs quotes, plese.
  • Options
    sorry, something is wrong with my internet connection
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    BlkFlg wrote:
    We are now cave dwellers in a far of land, living as desert monks, steeped in self-study and analysis.

Preparing for a triumphant return??
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    Preparing for a triumphant return??
    That is the question- is there a new hope? is there a child someday (possibly Yosi's son) that shall rise up and restore order and harmony to the galaxy/board? These are dark times, indeed.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    What pointlessness. But seriously, Yield is great, but not PJ's best album.

....and in the years following the riot act wars, memories of the YFC and its power began to fade. The YIELD Jedi became a myth, a legend, and they became referred to as "old sourcerous fools" by those who mocked them, not knowing of their once-great power.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    BlkFlg wrote:
    Alas, the YIELD Fan Club (YFC) were once the elite warrior/poet class of the PIT. We stood for justice, peace, love, and posts that were actually intelligent with correct spelling (mostly). We were the vanguard of “the old board” before message pit posters started posting like they had been eating lead paint. But, I digress. We were indeed the “Jedi” of the board: we didn’t verbally abuse people, we honored and welcomed them in to high-class debate, and we were a council (well I never was, I was never a “Master”, but I was a Jedi. I was too young and brash, like "likepilateihaveadog" and RocKing. The Jedi council was the YIELD Council.) I digress again. Here is the tale of yore….

There were dark times on the board. The original posters were beginning to dwindle, from the Sony/BBS days. People were beginning to post like idiots en masse, the board became populated with aggression, victimization, and whining (Ed's hair, no shows for the south, play this or that...)….it was the presence of the “dark side” on the board. Then, penultimate YIELD nemesis YOSI (dont get me wrong, I love Yosi) started a stupid Riot Act thread, in which we Jedi had to defend the republic from this atrocity.

The Riot Act wars had begun.

We engaged in spirited, but noble debate over how bad Riot Act sucked, meanwhile existing in the relative tranquility of our beloved YIELD thread and its jewbabes, Nugent, non-dual spirituality, and artistic/literary merit. It turns out that the Sith are always two in number, and Yosi was merely the front man for the real menace “Locked”. Locked was too much for us, in the weakened state of our “society” (the board) we were beaten and banished to all ends of the galaxy, destroyed except for a few.

Whoa...
    Things were different then. All is different now.
    I tried to explain...

http://www.facebook.com/theendlessproof
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    ....and in the years following the riot act wars, memories of the YFC and its power began to fade. The YIELD Jedi became a myth, a legend, and they became referred to as "old sourcerous fools" by those who mocked them, not knowing of their once-great power.

...remembered in stories about "this drunken review", or "this TRANS reference"...

...but the legacy lives on, as fact becomes blurred with fantasy, there is some truth that has become integrated in the life of the board, and forgotten, shrouded by time and mystery. For example, all of the "I f*ckin' feel like talking about" threads. The YIELD Jedi established this.
  • Options
    snicker.
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • Options
    "It's jammed! only Lonestar would use strawberry!"

-dark helmet
  • Options
    "I'm a mog- half man, half dog. i'm my own best friend!"

-Barf
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I sense something; a presence I've not felt since...December.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    hmmm?
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    let's pull a return of the jedi bitches!!!!!! i'm gathering ewoks as we speak!
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Think i'd rather skull fuck Chewbacca..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Think i'd rather skull fuck Chewbacca..

wow, thats aggressive. the "dark side" is strong in this one.
  • Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    been listening to yield on & off for the last two days,fucking awesome album but still No Code & Vitalogy are streets ahead.
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    smile05 wrote:
    been listening to yield on & off for the last two days,fucking awesome album but still No Code & Vitalogy are streets ahead.

"Great, kid. Don't get cocky."

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    benJAMinbenJAMin Posts: 257
    I’m a member of the Imperial Senate on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan.

I mean, if that helps any.
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue
  • Options
    this thread is no place for a girl.