Options

Obstructed view for 10C seats at Fenway

Comments

• Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,865
    schmately said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess most people would consider having a pole in your face all night is not a "good seat". 

Season ticket holders get a presale option to purchase tix.  10C has the option to not sell garbage.  Period.  Personally, I'm not happy to "just be in the building" spending over $100/ticket for something that doesn't allow you to see and have horrible sound quality.  You could sit out on Landsdowne Street and watch a Periscope feed and get that wonderful experience for nothing.

Grandstand 7 is closer to the stage than Field Box 130, but GS7 has some obstructed view seats. Which seats do you give to lower numbers?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    thevachon said:
    Heard that, mine were below sea level night one, but I still had a blast I just had to stand all night and rely on the screens. Still an amazing show and I was just stoked to be in the door.
    Did you have dugout seats??
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    Redrumh2o said:
    Here are my 10C tickets not marked obsteucted......who can I complain to because I sure as hell am going to
    was that from night 2?  I was right next to it.  in sect.95 row xx.  The two guys that were behind me that were obstructed by it, they weren't mad at all, they laughed about it and took it in good stride.
    It was night 2. The people in front of us took it in stride 
    yeah two guys? They took it lightly which was good in a way.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    why is this still a thing?
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    schmately said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess most people would consider having a pole in your face all night is not a "good seat". 

Season ticket holders get a presale option to purchase tix.  10C has the option to not sell garbage.  Period.  Personally, I'm not happy to "just be in the building" spending over $100/ticket for something that doesn't allow you to see and have horrible sound quality.  You could sit out on Landsdowne Street and watch a Periscope feed and get that wonderful experience for nothing.

Grandstand 7 is closer to the stage than Field Box 130, but GS7 has some obstructed view seats. Which seats do you give to lower numbers?

When you buy Red Sox tickets (and other concerts) at Fenway, your tickets are specifically noted as obstructed or limited view.  This did not happen with 10c tickets.  If you like a pole in front of your face because your closer to still not seeing anything, god bless.  Me, no.

• Options

Because if it's not a thing, 10c will continue to do it.  Not all of us are lemmings who are just happy to be in the building.

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    i'm sorry what would you like to talk about?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    10c clearly disclosed seats may be far back or high up.  That alone would be disappointing but not really something to complain about.  On the other hand to my knowledge there was no disclosure about major obstructions such as the pole someone showed in a photo on this thread.  In my opinion someone could legitimately have a complaint about that.  

Personally my biggest complaint is they did not play Unthought Known either night.  There's no way there are 60 better songs than that.  I'm sorry but I never heard of Buffalo Tom.  Did we really need two of that song or any of the other repeats and no UK.  I mean seriously how does that happen? Shows were still good and knowing what I know now I would do it all again but that was a major omission.  One fan's view.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    schmately said:

Because if it's not a thing, 10c will continue to do it.  Not all of us are lemmings who are just happy to be in the building.

eeriepadave said:
    i'm sorry what would you like to talk about?
    what does the band/10c owe any of us? let’s turn all of the ticketing back over to ticketmaster, should be a breeze for us all then. just gets old having to see complaints about everything that is PJ live.

merch situation sucks! ok, let’s park a trailer outside so the fans can get shit before the show. yet that still gets complaints.

set lists not diverse enough, too many repeats! ok, let’s do Charlottesville or Moline or Greensboro, etc, PLUS marathon performances. yet that still gets complaints.

soundboard recordings? check.
    small town USA? check.
    consistently on the road? check.
    baseball stadiums? check.
    Mike, picks please? check.

i get a complaint about an obstructed view, but who doesn’t know this is a possibility at ANY show? call me a lemming just happy to be in the building...but we are so fuckin’ lucky to be a part of a once in a generation fan base, it’s sick!

maybe i’m in the minority to just feel fortunate enough to be able to say that i was a part of something that my grandkids can look back on and say “fuck yea”? if so, i’m glad to be part of that group.

i’m sorry if i offended either of you, or anyone else with the snide comment, but we are pretty goddamn lucky to be a part of those guys’ artistic visions.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    If my seat was behind a pole on in a dugout I would have bitched and got myself a better seat. I've been upgraded many times by just talking to the right people before a show starts. One example is Tom Petty several years back in Oakland. View was fine, but the sound was terrible. They didn't have a speaker stack pointing to these seats. So after the warm up act I went to the usher people and complained. Had to talk to 3 different people to make my case, but they finally put me in much better seats.  Paying $250 a pair to have a pole in your face is completely unacceptable. There are always places staff can put you even in the most sold out show.
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22

• Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    kst said:
    10c clearly disclosed seats may be far back or high up.  That alone would be disappointing but not really something to complain about.  On the other hand to my knowledge there was no disclosure about major obstructions such as the pole someone showed in a photo on this thread.  In my opinion someone could legitimately have a complaint about that.  

Personally my biggest complaint is they did not play Unthought Known either night.  There's no way there are 60 better songs than that.  I'm sorry but I never heard of Buffalo Tom.  Did we really need two of that song or any of the other repeats and no UK.  I mean seriously how does that happen? Shows were still good and knowing what I know now I would do it all again but that was a major omission.  One fan's view.
    ugh! I have gotten Unthought Blown twice, the only song off of Backspacer in my 4 shows post the LP's 2009 release, and aside from Johnny Guitar it's my least favorite song on the album & yes I can come up with 60+ PJ songs better than UK, but whatever, hopefully you get it lots in the future, you can always camp out for 3 days next time and stand at the rail and let Eddie know how bad you want to hear it, EV really likes the song so you won't have to twist his arm too much to play it
  • Options
    If one thing is certain, it is that I am not camping out for 3 days to do that.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    edited September 2018
    kst said:

ugh! I have gotten Unthought Blown twice, the only song off of Backspacer in my 4 shows post the LP's 2009 release, and aside from Johnny Guitar it's my least favorite song on the album & yes I can come up with 60+ PJ songs better than UK, but whatever, hopefully you get it lots in the future, you can always camp out for 3 days next time and stand at the rail and let Eddie know how bad you want to hear it, EV really likes the song so you won't have to twist his arm too much to play it
    This is the most needlessly aggressive response to someone liking a song that I've ever seen

Edit: Just re-read the original comment and that's pretty dick, too. You two deserve each other. I'm jumping on the positivity thread.
    Post edited by pjl44 on
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Tickets were $225 a pair, therefore I can understand wanting/expecting a view.
  • Options
    HH140540HH140540 Atlanta Posts: 500
    MayDay10 said:
    No more silly baseball stadium shows
    This!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    $247 a pair.  The location of seats was known since July. Fenway is famous for the poles. If you have a high 10C number you had to know that this was a possibility.
  • Options
    I crave for a smoked filled bar show , no screens no poles no turf just a small stage a couple of bars in the back and working bathrooms , fuck any stadium show I wouldn’t attend even if they played Citifield or Yankee stadium...this band lost its guts long time ago this is my own personal opinion..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I crave for a smoked filled bar show , no screens no poles no turf just a small stage a couple of bars in the back and working bathrooms , fuck any stadium show I wouldn’t attend even if they played Citifield or Yankee stadium...this band lost its guts long time ago this is my own personal opinion..
    I am with you on the stadium shows- I would never attend one. I am hoping and praying for arena shows next time around. I would love to have seen them on this last tour, but I knew I could never set foot in a stadium. :(
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Obstructed view would suck.  Not sure how you can make an argument against this?  I’ve been behind stage at arena shows and did not have a problem...but I knew I bought those tix, a pole in front of me without knowing ahead of time, would really lessen the experience.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    $247 a pair.  The location of seats was known since July. Fenway is famous for the poles. If you have a high 10C number you had to know that this was a possibility.

It shouldn't be a possibility for fan club people that's the issue. We pay a premium to be there and buy tickets blind, it's wrong that the fan club  members suffer this way when general release tickets are in this case, better located and locations known in advance. 
    Reading Festival 2006, London O2 2009, Leeds 2014, MK 2014, EV Solo London 1 2017, London 02 1 & 2 2018, Boston 1 & 2 2018.
  • Options
    As a regular at Fenway for baseball games, I feel I'm pretty familiar with the seating and ticketing practices the Red Sox use. I believe that an obstruction warning is given for seats in which the view of the mound or batter is blocked by a pole. Another warning is is the seats are behind a walkway and there is foot traffic in view. (1st row or 2 of loges). That being said, no one should have had a ticket with an obstruction of the stage without being told first. There are sites that show obstruction lines from each seat in the park.  
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
    I'm sure it's  been mentioned in this thread but I always tell people that if they go to a ticketed event and their is ANY sort of seat/view blockage they should  immediately go to customer service and ask to be relocated.
    Their are always seats set aside for this reason. 
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    edited September 2018
    dingers said:
    Get_Right said:

It shouldn't be a possibility for fan club people that's the issue. We pay a premium to be there and buy tickets blind, it's wrong that the fan club  members suffer this way when general release tickets are in this case, better located and locations known in advance. 
    That is not the way it works. 10C negotiates to get certain sections and they they are allocated based on seniority in numerical order. They are not going to pick out a few seats in a row or a section that has been allotted to the 10C.

Just because you are in the fan club it does not mean that there is a no chance you could get stuck behind a pole at Fenway-same with Wrigley although I think there are fewer poles.  10C seats are not always the best in the house and they warned everyone that that seats would be spread all over the stadiums.  Caveat emptor and if you checked your seats on seat geek or whatever, you would have known about the pole.
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • Options
    epieepie Posts: 290
    Poles can’t be moved but still wondering why nets couldn’t come down like at Safeco.
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    epie said:
    Poles can’t be moved but still wondering why nets couldn’t come down like at Safeco.
    I thought I saw the infield nets up at Safeco or was that Wrigley.... 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    epie said:
    I thought I saw the infield nets up at Safeco or was that Wrigley.... 
    There weren't nets along the baselines at least at Safeco. I don't know about Wrigley. 

I was right by the dugout on the third base line at Fenway and the nets were noticeable when I first got there but didn't bother me at all during the show, probably much like it would be during a baseball game I assume. The only way they really still bother me is seeing them in some pictures I took, but I guess that's a mild complaint!
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    kst said:

This is the most needlessly aggressive response to someone liking a song that I've ever seen

Edit: Just re-read the original comment and that's pretty dick, too. You two deserve each other. I'm jumping on the positivity thread.
    Thanks for your comment.  I am sorry if you find me expressing my opinion not to your liking.  Not sure what's so positive about that.

• Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,865
    edited September 2018
    Get_Right said:
    dingers said:
    Get_Right said:

That is not the way it works. 10C negotiates to get certain sections and they they are allocated based on seniority in numerical order. They are not going to pick out a few seats in a row or a section that has been allotted to the 10C.

Just because you are in the fan club it does not mean that there is a no chance you could get stuck behind a pole at Fenway-same with Wrigley although I think there are fewer poles.  10C seats are not always the best in the house and they warned everyone that that seats would be spread all over the stadiums.  Caveat emptor and if you checked your seats on seat geek or whatever, you would have known about the pole.
    Exactly! I think this is less about the 10Club screwing fans over and more about the fact that Fenway is a terrible place to watch... well, most things, really, but concerts especially. I doubt the 10C is going through each member number and assigning seats individually. I would imagine it's more along the lines of, "this section has X number seats, so the next X number of members get tickets in this section".
    Post edited by mpedone on
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    MisterEtake2MisterEtake2 Posts: 372
    edited September 2018
    Kevinman said:
    Obstructed view would suck.  Not sure how you can make an argument against this?  I’ve been behind stage at arena shows and did not have a problem...but I knew I bought those tix, a pole in front of me without knowing ahead of time, would really lessen the experience.
    You gotta realize that there are people who are going to automatically defend the Ten Club and/or Pearl Jam no matter what they do.
    Post edited by MisterEtake2 on
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    Has anyone complained to 10c and heard anything back?
    I'd be curious. It is pretty standard to inform the ticket holder they have obstructed views before buying the ticket. Saying you may be far back and having an obstructed view are completely different things. I mean, I'd rather have a clean view from nose bleeds than site right behind the sound tent on the field.
    Bad seats was fair game, obstructed view I think wasn't right, especially at $250 a pair.