The trump balloon

2456

Comments

  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 3,698
    tbergs said:
    Honestly, when I saw the thread title I thought this was going to be about the economy and how the balloon will pop at some point based of what Trump is doing.

    As for the actual balloon of Trump, it seems pretty childish of the mayor to entertain allowing it. We've gone from take the high road to, what's the big deal. Trump is winning by causing people to compromise their normal acceptable behavior threshold just because he's a raging brain dead asshole.
    This is what I thought . It's pretty childish. And the compromise their normal behaviour  . I agree.
    When would this even be a thing. In a sane world.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

    this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 3,698
    Oh yes he is a joke  that s not even up for debate outside the USA.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

    this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Taking the high road is tantamount to farting in the wind.

    Trump and his people couldn't acknowledge respect if it kicked them in their saggy nutsacks.

    Sometimes when you wrestle with pigs you get dirty.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 3,698
    I like  that phrase.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

    this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 15,789
    The point being missed... is you can't deny a right to peaceful protest just because it may be in poor taste or not taking the high road... I think that's the point being made by our Swedish friend,  the mayor shouldnt block it just because he doesn't approve of the style personally 
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere.Posts: 3,451
    edited July 10
    Peaceful protest is VERY American, so thank you. He's incredibly embarrassing and if he feels any embarrassment about the balloon, which I don't think he's capable of, it's well-deserved. He puts babies in jail.  :tongue:
    Post edited by Kat on
    "Well, as far as I know, music makes people happy. I know it makes me happy." -- Fats Domino
  • I like  that phrase.  

    Which one? The saggy nutsack one lol?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 3,698
    I like  that phrase.  

    Which one? The saggy nutsack one lol?
    No the pigs one.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

    this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 3,698
    my2hands said:
    The point being missed... is you can't deny a right to peaceful protest just because it may be in poor taste or not taking the high road... I think that's the point being made by our Swedish friend,  the mayor shouldnt block it just because he doesn't approve of the style personally 
    I understand  that point because  that s what the interviewer was saying. But did raise the point that would it be acceptable to do it for anyone else like the turkey president or north Korean  leader. Just thought it a good talking point because  it's not happened before
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

    this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USAPosts: 2,818
    Oh yes he is a joke  that s not even up for debate outside the USA.  
    hahahah...
  • flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    MAGA
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 19,655
    MAGA
    Tell your hero to return all the kids he signed off on stealing them from their parents , is that what makes American great to actually steal kids from parents at the border ...He's a dispicable human being and his supporters are deplorables ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USAPosts: 2,818
    Kat said:
    Peaceful protest is VERY American, so thank you. He's incredibly embarrassing and if he feels any embarrassment about the balloon, which I don't think he's capable of, it's well-deserved. He puts babies in jail.  :tongue:
    He’s also a narcissist. He does not like unflattering depictions of himself. It’s madness with a method. 
  • dignindignin Posts: 6,545
    MAGA
    My Attorney Got Arrested?
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USAPosts: 2,818
    The irony behind MAGA.  The US is the laughing stock of the world.  He's popular in Russia though.  Somehow Israel as well.


  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 19,655
    dignin said:
    MAGA
    My Attorney Got Arrested?
    lol 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 15,789
    MAGA
    WEAK
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 25,023
    I hope it wasn't helium filled.  The gas is a non-renewable, limited resource.  Should not be wasted on an image (any image) of Trump.
    "Love and only love will break it down"
    -Neil Young
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.





  • chimechime Posts: 7,834
    edited July 11

    To avoid confusion the balloon isn't being flown over the Houses of Parliament but in Parliament Square (public garden space across the road from the Houses of Parliament that is often used for protests) and the Mayor isn't the only person who had/has to give approval they also have to apply to the Police and Air Traffic Control.

    I don't know if it is the right or wrong thing it was given permission but I guess they would have needed to find a rule that it breached if they weren't going to allow it.

    My understanding is that the people who crowd funded the balloon thought the only way to get Trump's attention is through a hit to his ego.  Standard protest has no effect on him.

    Post edited by chime on
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 3,698
    True
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

    this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USAPosts: 2,818
    brianlux said:
    I hope it wasn't helium filled.  The gas is a non-renewable, limited resource.  Should not be wasted on an image (any image) of Trump.
    maybe hydrogen?  as it will eventually go down in a ball of flames in the same way Trump will
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 9,291
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 3,698
    I like this 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

    this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business...Posts: 2,700
    I have no problem with peaceful protest/demonstrations...except with Trump ... he likes to retaliate with tariffs.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business...Posts: 2,700
    When it comes to Trump I am willing to just ride his presidency out...
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 25,023
    When it comes to Trump I am willing to just ride his presidency out...
    Realistically, we probably don't have a choice but to ride it out.  At the same time, many of us will take every opportunity we can to express our disdain. We're feeling car sick/ sea sick from this ride.
    "Love and only love will break it down"
    -Neil Young
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.





  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USAPosts: 2,818
    brianlux said:
    When it comes to Trump I am willing to just ride his presidency out...
    Realistically, we probably don't have a choice but to ride it out.  At the same time, many of us will take every opportunity we can to express our disdain. We're feeling car sick/ sea sick from this ride.
    midterms are only chance to push impeachment.  elections will be hacked.  2020 will be hacked.  Trump is here until 2024 or beyond because we will probably be in WW3 at that point. And of course, he's the best since FDR, so why not?
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 25,023
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    When it comes to Trump I am willing to just ride his presidency out...
    Realistically, we probably don't have a choice but to ride it out.  At the same time, many of us will take every opportunity we can to express our disdain. We're feeling car sick/ sea sick from this ride.
    midterms are only chance to push impeachment.  elections will be hacked.  2020 will be hacked.  Trump is here until 2024 or beyond because we will probably be in WW3 at that point. And of course, he's the best since FDR, so why not?
    Just thinking about Trump being reelected makes feeling car sick look like a walk in the park.  Nooooooooooo!
    "Love and only love will break it down"
    -Neil Young
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.





  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 14,947
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    When it comes to Trump I am willing to just ride his presidency out...
    Realistically, we probably don't have a choice but to ride it out.  At the same time, many of us will take every opportunity we can to express our disdain. We're feeling car sick/ sea sick from this ride.
    midterms are only chance to push impeachment.  elections will be hacked.  2020 will be hacked.  Trump is here until 2024 or beyond because we will probably be in WW3 at that point. And of course, he's the best since FDR, so why not?
    Just thinking about Trump being reelected makes feeling car sick look like a walk in the park.  Nooooooooooo!
    If the economy stays good like it is then he will easily get reelected.  People won't vote out an incumbent and I don't think any other political party can organize well enough to unseat him.

    You'll need 2007/8 Obama organizing for that.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business...Posts: 2,700
    brianlux said:
    I hope it wasn't helium filled.  The gas is a non-renewable, limited resource.  Should not be wasted on an image (any image) of Trump.
    If it's a limited resource then maybe we should only use it for purpose's that help society.  Not sure balloons help.
Sign In or Register to comment.