2017 Pearl Jam Complete Vinyl Box Set

Comments

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,133
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I didn't buy the box set but I'm guessing they're going to all be on colored vinyl.  It would make it all make sense, and then everyone will be freaking out asking "why didn't they say that when they sold them?! I could have bought one!!"

As for all the questions about the empty box, who cares? If you didn't think it made any sense, you had the choice to not buy it. If you wanted it, you bought it.  Pretty simple to me.
    It's just people talking about it - that's how conversation works. Everyone knows we can choose to buy it or not.
    You having a bad day today, Ali?  I don't need know how a conversation works, thanks. You went off on Bieber (all true stuff) and are attacking folks with "Do people really think it will be fun to have to pull that whole box off the shelf and dig into it every time they want to play a PJ album?" Live and let live, a conversation doesn't need to be so aggressive!  And yes, I do think it will be fun :)
    It was an actual question, not a statement, and certainly not aggressive. No, I'm not having a bad day.
    Gotcha. Next time leave "really" out of it then and it will seem more like a question.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    edited September 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I didn't buy the box set but I'm guessing they're going to all be on colored vinyl.  It would make it all make sense, and then everyone will be freaking out asking "why didn't they say that when they sold them?! I could have bought one!!"

As for all the questions about the empty box, who cares? If you didn't think it made any sense, you had the choice to not buy it. If you wanted it, you bought it.  Pretty simple to me.
    It's just people talking about it - that's how conversation works. Everyone knows we can choose to buy it or not.
    You having a bad day today, Ali?  I don't need know how a conversation works, thanks. You went off on Bieber (all true stuff) and are attacking folks with "Do people really think it will be fun to have to pull that whole box off the shelf and dig into it every time they want to play a PJ album?" Live and let live, a conversation doesn't need to be so aggressive!  And yes, I do think it will be fun :)
    It was an actual question, not a statement, and certainly not aggressive. No, I'm not having a bad day.
    Gotcha. Next time leave "really" out of it then and it will seem more like a question.
    I can't believe I just got called out for calling Justin Bieber a loser douchebag. :lol:;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • God. Ive never wanted to discuss a Pearl Jam Complete Vinyl Box Set Presale Limited edition of 500 less than I do right now. 

• Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 888
    I ordered it because I wanted it. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,925
    mace1229 said:
    rb173565 said:
    wow i must be psychic. ltd boxset now listed on ebay for $999.99 add import costs and postage call it $1300 to scotland...... i think not!
    I don't think a flipper will make any money on this unless it comes out that these are somehow different.
    Once released and comes out it was the same, would anyone still want them? Although some not available on 10c, you could get the whole catalogue for under $250 on Amazon.
    Maybe it's just me, but I think anyone who bought it to make a profit will just be lucky to break even after shipping and seller costs.
    Well you'd be wrong since 2 have already sold on fleabay for over $600. That's the world we live in.
    First time for everything...
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,039
    edited September 2017
    I think when the box set is sent out. That's 500 copies of each sold. Plus the other copies that will sell that week. So I would like to see if they all make the charts. It's possible all ten albums will chart that week.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,925
    PJ_Soul said:
    With all due respect to all who asked if it would come back in stock... it's an empty box. And it cost $45. Why would you want it to come back in stock?!
    Lol, that is a pretty good question. I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind buying this box. Do people really think it will be fun to have to pull that whole box off the shelf and dig into it every time they want to play a PJ album? I see the box as product packaging for the boxset, and that's it. $45 USD plus shipping is damn expensive for packaging!

My questions are 1) why in the world they made the boxset limited to 500. That seems kind of crazy. Why wouldn't it have a bigger release?? and 2) Why is it so expensive? Isn't it cheaper to just buy each reissue individually? Shouldn't the complete boxset cost less than buying each one at a time? ... Lol, actually, maybe my second question answers the first. The mass market would figure that out, while 10C members will just buy anything if it's limited, so they cranked up the price by $100 or so. Why they limited it to 500 just within the 10C members only sale is still beyond me though. Really weird.
    I thought it was genius. I was apparently wrong on flipping, but still, they might not have sold 10, let alone 500 if it wasn't stamped "limited edition"
    I'm still surprised it sold out, and even more surprised they are already being flipped for a profit.

This is my guess on how that meeting went down.
    Dude A: "We need a way to sell all 10 albums, together, for a higher than retail price. Lets say $350"
    Dude B: "But they have a combined retail for like $250, or closer to $200 if you go through Amazon."
    A: "Lets throw some cardboard in and all it a box"
    B: "I dont think the fans are that gullible, sir."
    A: "And then list it as limited to 500, we'd sell out in minutes if its limited!"
    B: "I like the way you think."

They're only mistake I guess was not making it a "limited edition" of 5000.
  • With all the Amazon love on these boards lately I can't help but share my rant and the reason I want order from them anymore. There's my disclaimer. Read on at your own discretion. 

Recently had an amazon delivery to my home (gift ordered by a friend, so not expecting a package). It was later in the evening and getting dark. Unmarked car with fully tinted windows came reversing (way too fast) up the full length of my driveway.

OK. Stop the tape right there, because I already have too many grievances to let this go. First, there is no reason not to park on my street and deliver to front door. No other delivery service ever has, but that's another story.

Second, if I was coming around the corner from the backyard to the driveway at that time, the driver wouldn't see me and I could've been hit. Lastly, I grew up in a neighborhood where if someone is in your backyard uninvited, they're there for the wrong reasons. I can't help that my first reaction is hypervigilance and borderline paranoia. It's just the way I grew up. But, I'm not the only one. For my safety, and their drivers, this is unacceptable. 

I've shared my concerns with Amazon, but until they have marked delivery vehicles, uniformed drivers, standards of practice for how they approach my home, or if they consistently deliver through USPS or UPS, I just won't order from them. Even if it saves me a buck, it's not worth the stress. 

End of rant. 
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,224
    With all the Amazon love on these boards lately I can't help but share my rant and the reason I want order from them anymore. There's my disclaimer. Read on at your own discretion. 

Recently had an amazon delivery to my home (gift ordered by a friend, so not expecting a package). It was later in the evening and getting dark. Unmarked car with fully tinted windows came reversing (way too fast) up the full length of my driveway.

OK. Stop the tape right there, because I already have too many grievances to let this go. First, there is no reason not to park on my street and deliver to front door. No other delivery service ever has, but that's another story.

Second, if I was coming around the corner from the backyard to the driveway at that time, the driver wouldn't see me and I could've been hit. Lastly, I grew up in a neighborhood where if someone is in your backyard uninvited, they're there for the wrong reasons. I can't help that my first reaction is hypervigilance and borderline paranoia. It's just the way I grew up. But, I'm not the only one. For my safety, and their drivers, this is unacceptable. 

I've shared my concerns with Amazon, but until they have marked delivery vehicles, uniformed drivers, standards of practice for how they approach my home, or if they consistently deliver through USPS or UPS, I just won't order from them. Even if it saves me a buck, it's not worth the stress. 

End of rant. 
    Was it actually amazon? In canada amazon delivery is contracted to purolator and ups.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Horse2345 said:
    With all the Amazon love on these boards lately I can't help but share my rant and the reason I want order from them anymore. There's my disclaimer. Read on at your own discretion. 

End of rant. 
    Was it actually amazon? In canada amazon delivery is contracted to purolator and ups.
    It was. There is a distribution center about 40 miles away. So they deliver the majority of their stuff themselves. On rare occasion, it comes via UPS. 
  • Would just have been nice if they had stated that both were limited edition in the first place.  I know that would have made me pull the trigger on the purchase quicker.  Now I'm just hoping someone puts an empty box on Ebay that I can get.

• PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    ssweaks said:
    Would just have been nice if they had stated that both were limited edition in the first place.  I know that would have made me pull the trigger on the purchase quicker.  Now I'm just hoping someone puts an empty box on Ebay that I can get.

Not saying you, but that's the problem with the system.  If they put "limited" on stuff, then it sells out fast because there are lots of people that will buy it to flip or use as trade bait, and would not have purchased one if it wasn't limited.  The word limited shouldn't be used with PJ stuff.  Just type either PJ limited or PJ rare on eBay and you will see all that stuff with crazy mark ups just because of those words.  It's ridiculous.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    With all due respect to all who asked if it would come back in stock... it's an empty box. And it cost $45. Why would you want it to come back in stock?!
    Lol, that is a pretty good question. I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind buying this box. Do people really think it will be fun to have to pull that whole box off the shelf and dig into it every time they want to play a PJ album? I see the box as product packaging for the boxset, and that's it. $45 USD plus shipping is damn expensive for packaging!

My questions are 1) why in the world they made the boxset limited to 500. That seems kind of crazy. Why wouldn't it have a bigger release?? and 2) Why is it so expensive? Isn't it cheaper to just buy each reissue individually? Shouldn't the complete boxset cost less than buying each one at a time? ... Lol, actually, maybe my second question answers the first. The mass market would figure that out, while 10C members will just buy anything if it's limited, so they cranked up the price by $100 or so. Why they limited it to 500 just within the 10C members only sale is still beyond me though. Really weird.
    I thought it was genius. I was apparently wrong on flipping, but still, they might not have sold 10, let alone 500 if it wasn't stamped "limited edition"
    I'm still surprised it sold out, and even more surprised they are already being flipped for a profit.

Dude A: "We need a way to sell all 10 albums, together, for a higher than retail price. Lets say $350"
    Dude B: "But they have a combined retail for like $250, or closer to $200 if you go through Amazon."
    A: "And then list it as limited to 500, we'd sell out in minutes if its limited!"

I so hope these are actually colored vinyl limited to 500.  Can you imagine the uproar that'll cause?!?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,601
    PP193448 said:
    ssweaks said:
    Would just have been nice if they had stated that both were limited edition in the first place.  I know that would have made me pull the trigger on the purchase quicker.  Now I'm just hoping someone puts an empty box on Ebay that I can get.

Not saying you, but that's the problem with the system.  If they put "limited" on stuff, then it sells out fast because there are lots of people that will buy it to flip or use as trade bait, and would not have purchased one if it wasn't limited.  The word limited shouldn't be used with PJ stuff.  Just type either PJ limited or PJ rare on eBay and you will see all that stuff with crazy mark ups just because of those words.  It's ridiculous.
    My issue* is the wording of presale without specifying it is limited.  Typically a presale would mean that they are taking orders, perhaps to determine what kind of run there will be.  Every time in the past, we have had months to decide.  This notice went out on a Sunday, with numerous other items available.  Being busy, out and about, I intended on getting to work Monday morning, and purchasing some vinyl and this box, maybe to save on shipping.... or if shipping would be too much/delayed, create separate orders.  It is tough to monkey around on the mobil site shop.  I think it was a reasonable expectation that the box was going to be readily available.

*by issue, it means the 1,000th thing I am concerned with, not really a huge deal.
  • Take an empty Costco Shredded Wheat box... print off a Pearl Jam logo or photo (Pearl Jam with cats)... glue it on the Shredded Wheat box... place records in box.

Maybe make two and sell the second on Ebay for $100?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Excuse me, @Santos L. Halper, Can you also release a box for the Annual 10c Singles? Would love to have a box that matches the Ten, Vs/Vitalogy, and Album box sets. It would look damn sharp.
  • Excuse me, @Santos L. Halper, Can you also release a box for the Annual 10c Singles? Would love to have a box that matches the Ten, Vs/Vitalogy, and Album box sets. It would look damn sharp.
    I have most of my 7" fanclub singles, sans the 10" and 7" singles in my lookwright crate and it over floweth...  A neat box for them would be spot on!!!
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    Excuse me, @Santos L. Halper, Can you also release a box for the Annual 10c Singles? Would love to have a box that matches the Ten, Vs/Vitalogy, and Album box sets. It would look damn sharp.
    Now this is a great idea. It would be really cool if something like this was the membership "gift" instead of the T-shirt.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • GC31608GC31608 GA Posts: 227
    Little box for little records is a good idea.  I'm on board.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    RP112579 said:
    Now this is a great idea. It would be really cool if something like this was the membership "gift" instead of the T-shirt.
    And that is taking a great idea and making it even better! 
  • mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

i thought that 10c were against the flippers so i too dont get why it was such a limited run. my  question  to 10c is given that these have already been put up on ebay etc on the premise that they actually receive the box why doesn't 10c buy them all get the names and addresses and not send them out to the flippers in the 1st place. it means they cant complete the sale, 10c gets fully refunded, can leave negative feedback, and can then sell them to people who actually want one... hello that's me. i'm not bitter it's just they were already sold out by the time i got to a pc.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I so hope these are actually colored vinyl limited to 500.  Can you imagine the uproar that'll cause?!?
    Lol. Well, I suppose it would cause an uproar. :lol: I really hope that they are coloured vinyl, for the sake of everyone who bought one, since that's the only way the boxset isn't insanely overpriced. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    MayDay10 said:
    PP193448 said:
    ssweaks said:

My issue* is the wording of presale without specifying it is limited.  Typically a presale would mean that they are taking orders, perhaps to determine what kind of run there will be.  Every time in the past, we have had months to decide.  This notice went out on a Sunday, with numerous other items available.  Being busy, out and about, I intended on getting to work Monday morning, and purchasing some vinyl and this box, maybe to save on shipping.... or if shipping would be too much/delayed, create separate orders.  It is tough to monkey around on the mobil site shop.  I think it was a reasonable expectation that the box was going to be readily available.

*by issue, it means the 1,000th thing I am concerned with, not really a huge deal.
    Agreed.  It was a presale.  And was not initially listed as limited.  I was lucky enough to have been working and even got reminder text from fellow ten clubber about it being the 10th.  I actually waited for about 30-45 min or so, then decided to get only 1 box set.  Just thought it might be nice collection item as I have all the original US versions already.  This was around the same time that there was speculation about it being limited.  It was changed on the listing in the shop shortly afterward to limited.  It's really odd that it happened that way.  Of course that's when people decided to buy more than 1, and the fucking flippers got some.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,054
    GC31608 said:
    Little box for little records is a good idea.  I'm on board.
    Me too! :)
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,647
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Lol. Well, I suppose it would cause an uproar. :lol: I really hope that they are coloured vinyl, for the sake of everyone who bought one, since that's the only way the boxset isn't insanely overpriced. :)
    isnt 'insanely overpriced' a bit of an exaggeration? 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    pdalowsky said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

isnt 'insanely overpriced' a bit of an exaggeration? 
    Exaggeration is part of the fun fuel that makes this place go, don't ya' know?! :lol:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    People really think they are going to get a surprise set of colored reissued LPs? Sure, it would be nice, but its not 10c's style people. The descriptions tend to match what is received. Right?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,364
    edited September 2017
    People really think they are going to get a surprise set of colored reissued LPs? Sure, it would be nice, but its not 10c's style people. The descriptions tend to match what is received. Right?
    The descriptions always seem to change as they go 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016