Options

Should celebrities avoid talking politics to fans ?

Comments

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
  • Options

Sure. If you say so.

If I say so?
    The EC confirmed his win.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

How many fucking highways are being blocked by protests anyway?? I know protests disrupt downtown traffic a lot, but highways and bridges that are the only route in and out of town? Just how often does that even happen? I don't even really see the point of debating such a rare occasion. How about thinking more about what actually happens on a regular basis? That's what really matters. Peaceful protestors being attacked by police is what matters, because that is what happens on a regular basis right now.

I can tell you what happened to me. So whether it was once or 50, it had an effect. You don't have to be for violent police to be against protesters that disrupt everyday lives. You can think both suck.
    No. It is simply my personal belief that those who reject peaceful protest because they were inconvenienced are being very selfish.
    Waiting close 2 hours in bumper to bumper traffic on a Thursday afternoon while scrambling to find someone to pikc your child up because you are so late runs a little past the point of inconvenienced.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited March 2017
    I really don't care if celebrities talk politics. My problem is with the sheeple that base their political beliefs on what a celebrity says.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

I really don't care if celebrities talk politics. My problem is with the sheeple that base their political beliefs on what a celebrity says.

That's exactly how we all feel about Donald Trump. Fucking sheeple following that charlatan. Embarrassing. What happened to critical thinking, eh?
  • Options

Smellyman said:

Celebrities should not talk politics to fans.
    Rock bands yes.
    Madonna no.

So, celebrities should not talk politics...but, by all means, run for President?
    President Trump was a celebrity?
    A big reason he won. He reached idiot America with reality TV. Idiot America is the key republican demographic.
    President Trump won because the EC was smitten w/ him.
    The electoral college is a person who has teenage crushes and become smitten? That's all news to me.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

How many fucking highways are being blocked by protests anyway?? I know protests disrupt downtown traffic a lot, but highways and bridges that are the only route in and out of town? Just how often does that even happen? I don't even really see the point of debating such a rare occasion. How about thinking more about what actually happens on a regular basis? That's what really matters. Peaceful protestors being attacked by police is what matters, because that is what happens on a regular basis right now.

I can tell you what happened to me. So whether it was once or 50, it had an effect. You don't have to be for violent police to be against protesters that disrupt everyday lives. You can think both suck.
    No. It is simply my personal belief that those who reject peaceful protest because they were inconvenienced are being very selfish.
    Waiting close 2 hours in bumper to bumper traffic on a Thursday afternoon while scrambling to find someone to pikc your child up because you are so late runs a little past the point of inconvenienced.
    You're wasting your time.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/crime/black-lives-matter-protesters-sentenced-to-five-days-in-jail/article_5406ad54-c3fa-541a-8c22-d3fc7689eea1.html

Five days in the can for impeding the free passage of others. The law allows for a year in jail. They got off light.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Smellyman said:

Rock bands yes.
    Madonna no.

So, celebrities should not talk politics...but, by all means, run for President?
    A big reason he won. He reached idiot America with reality TV. Idiot America is the key republican demographic.
    President Trump won because the EC was smitten w/ him.
    The electoral college is a person who has teenage crushes and become smitten? That's all news to me.
    News or fake news?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

That's exactly how we all feel about Donald Trump. Fucking sheeple following that charlatan. Embarrassing. What happened to critical thinking, eh?
    It's been going on for a while now. People have been watching reality TV for so long now that they don't know the difference anymore.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    PJPOWER said:

I hate it more when people base it off of racism, bigotry, a bible, sexism, hatred and greed.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

It's been going on for a while now. People have been watching reality TV for so long now that they don't know the difference anymore.
    Probably right. I have a healthy respect for people that understand the complexity of most issues and think deeply through them... Understanding there are no easy answers to our problems. The country is too large and diversified socially and economically to have monolithic solutions. There are always trade offs.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I figure as long as it doesn't actually hurt you, suck it up and appreciate that people can protest without getting gunned down (for now).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/crime/black-lives-matter-protesters-sentenced-to-five-days-in-jail/article_5406ad54-c3fa-541a-8c22-d3fc7689eea1.html

Five days in the can for impeding the free passage of others. The law allows for a year in jail. They got off light.
    That seems perfectly fair, you want someone to spend weeks or months in jail because they disrupted your routine for a few hours?
    Seems rancorous to me.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I figure as long as it doesn't actually hurt you, suck it up and appreciate that people can protest without getting gunned down (for now).
    I'm sorry but I strenuously disagree. Protest in the park, on the courthouse steps, at the townhall, apply for a permit to March, I can get behind behind any of these. But no I'm not going to appreciate 30 people who decided to block the interstate because they felt their message was so important that they selfishly and negatively affected a few thousand people, at least.

Freedom of speech isn't freedom to fuck up anyone else's day, life or to destroy property. They deserved the five days in the can. And the only ones that got it are the ones that refused the police order to move.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

So if a group of what you might consider eccentrics block access, by standing in the street, to an abortion clinic or concert, I expect you to appreciate that they are "peacefully protesting" and suck it up. Bonus if they start lighting fires in middle the road or breaking random shit.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I'm sorry but I strenuously disagree. Protest in the park, on the courthouse steps, at the townhall, apply for a permit to March, I can get behind behind any of these. But no I'm not going to appreciate 30 people who decided to block the interstate because they felt their message was so important that they selfishly and negatively affected a few thousand people, at least.

Freedom of speech isn't freedom to fuck up anyone else's day, life or to destroy property. They deserved the five days in the can. And the only ones that got it are the ones that refused the police order to move.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

So if a group of what you might consider eccentrics block access, by standing in the street, to an abortion clinic or concert, I expect you to appreciate that they are "peacefully protesting" and suck it up.
    That's an interesting analogy and close... An abortion clinic is private property so a little different. But if your point is no one has the right to interfere with another's right, then I'm with you.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

So if a group of what you might consider eccentrics block access, by standing in the street, to an abortion clinic or concert, I expect you to appreciate that they are "peacefully protesting" and suck it up.
    That's an interesting analogy and close... An abortion clinic is private property so a little different. But if your point is no one has the right to interfere with another's right, then I'm with you.
    My point is that if the people blocking the streets were protesters that did not align with one's beliefs and were blocking one's right of way, possibly for hours, one would be less inclined to say "good for them" and "suck it up".
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I don' think so. I find PJ_Soul to be willing to make thoughtful arguments. We usually agree, but maybe not this time. That's not wasting my team IMO.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,629
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

This sounds smug, but I've freed myself from the car. I'm not controlled by traffic, weather, car crashes, or protests. Cars providing freedom is a myth.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

This sounds smug, but I've freed myself from the car. I'm not controlled by traffic, weather, car crashes, or protests. Cars providing freedom is a myth.
    I think that's dependent on where you live. Some cities have crappy public transportation and if you have a child, it's virtually impossible to get around without a vehicle of some sorts. I had a few friends that lived in Seattle that gave up their car until they moved to the burbs. It's all relative I guess.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I hope you don't provide your patients with this insight.
    Since you're a shrink et al.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah it depends on public transportatoin. I work on hte other side of town and we don't have a mass transit in Richmond. I would have to take a cab or spend 3 hours on 6 buses. That doesn't sound the least bit liberating. When you live in a mid to small metro area, you don't operate without a car. I guess I could quit my job and find a job downtown and live downtown. But then I would send my kids to a horrible school district and have a worse job than I have today.. Plus I love driving and fixing cars. So yeah, I'll just keep bitching about 95 being clogged up by protesters.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    PJ_Soul said:

It happened seemed like once or twice a year when I lived in LA. Traffic is already bad enough, then shutting down the 101 for a day no one can get anywhere.
    It was only brought up because the only example of government taking away rights of protesters was by saying they will enforce the laws already there that prevent people from walking on freeways.
    There have been lots and lots of protest over the last 2 years with BLM and now Trump. Police get involved in very few of them, and only when violence, looting and rioting, or some other criminal activity is threatened. Even in most of the cases the police just watch them vandalize anyway. I have seen no case where a peaceful protester was arrested or prohibited from protesting while following the laws. I'm sure someone can Google 1 or 2 examples where someone claims to have been a victim and arrested while peacefully protesting, but with the tens of thousands of protesters I would need more than 1 or 2 isolated cases to convince me.
    To say that protesters are losing their right to protest because they can't march on a freeway was the only example given, so that is why there have been so many responses about it. And even then, they are breaking laws by marching on the freeway. I don't care if they are marching for a new PJ tour, its still illegal and should be stopped, but in most cases was allowed because authorities didn't want the backlash, because like here, many will claim their rights were violated.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,629

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I stopped replying to your troll posts, but I couldn't resist your misuse of et al.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2017

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I stopped replying to your troll posts, but I couldn't resist your misuse of et al.
    It's not a misuse at all.
    It is getting harder by the post to believe that you are a shrink.
    The more you post your synopsis I get scared thinking that is what a shrink is thinking.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Is it peaceful if they are causing accidents?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

What if you were in an ambulance having a heart attack trying to get to a hospital? Are you being selfish for wanting to get to the hospital asap?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Smellyman said:

Rock bands yes.
    Madonna no.

I think you are confused....it's actually " idiot Democrats " who helped to get a Republican party elected with their total lack of American
    patriotism and common sense but coming from you I understand your mistake.

This discussion has been closed.