Comments

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

The assailant has quite the history of extracurricular activity.

Regardless of his history... he gets a t-shirt for this vulgar display of power.
    And of course he would never square up, instead a cheap shot and run.
    Would you ever square up? Me thinks not.
    To who?
    the overlords who seek to take your guns and property.
    If it becomes necessary.
    puhlease.

the overlords will come at you with an armored police carrier and you would resist?

best of luck to you in that situation.

actually, obama never came after you for anything. do you really think trump will?

we should consider this the golden age for those that hate the government. they are completely emboldened.
    Some people die for things that they believe in.
    That doesn't make you a hero. You're not a hero because you die for what you believe in. I like people who don't die.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
    trumps America....

Virginia Confederate Protest Likened to 'KKK'-Style Event
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,629
    I wish the more accurate term of white supremacist was used instead of white nationalist.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    I wonder how many of the right wing domestic terrorists are Christian?
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    I wish the more accurate term of white supremacist was used instead of white nationalist.
    Exactly. Let's start calling it what it really is.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,797
    gotta stay relevant somehow I guess....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    tbergs said:
    That article has been re-hashed a dozen times.

What do you want me to say about it?
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    dignin said:
    They are.  There is a difference.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    unsung said:
    dignin said:
    yeah, a white nationalist is a cowardly white supremacist . 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited May 2017
    white nationalist:
    "what...me? of course! I LOOOOOVE black people......I just don't want them around, is all....but yeah, love em, love em to DEATH"
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Drama much?
  • Options
    So you believe in forced association?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
    unsung said:
    WoW!  :o

• Options
    it's not drama. that's it, in a nutshell. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    unsung said:
    or what normal people call it: not being a dick
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited May 2017
    unsung said:
    Not at all.

The entire history of the World people have migrated over the globe and associated with others that were like minded or whom worked together through trade or other interactions.

Are you saying that this practice should stop and instead have government say who lives where?  

Shouldn't association with others remain voluntary?
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Not at all.

The entire history of the World people have migrated over the globe and associated with others that were like minded or whom worked together through trade or other interactions.

Are you saying that this practice should stop and instead have government say who lives where?  

Shouldn't association with others remain voluntary?
    of course it should. I think we might have different undestandings of what forced association means. it actually can mean a whole host of things depending on context. for instance, some disagree with forced association when it comes to schools; i.e: children should be able to not only move from class to class and decide which one they want to participate in, but they also shouldn't be forced to be in a school that is geographically close to where they live or even that they should be allowed to choose their teachers and the age group they learn with. 

another context is referring to christians, if they, say, have a cake business, and are "forced" to make a wedding cake for a gay couple as it is against their religion. 

in what context exactly are you referring to?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Shouldn't all interactions with other people be voluntary?

I wasn't necessarily referencing a specific example.  
  • Options
    If I don't want to deal with someone I should be able to ignore them.  I am not advocating violence, but defense could be appropriate depending on the circumstances. 
  • Options
    unsung said:

yes, as long as it doesn't infringe on someone else's rights. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    unsung said:
    dignin said:
    What is the difference? 
    Seriously curious to what separates the two.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    unsung said:
    If I don't want to deal with someone I should be able to ignore them.  I am not advocating violence, but defense could be appropriate depending on the circumstances. 
    What are the forced interactions you're ambiguously referencing? 
  • Options
    unsung said:

I would agree with that.  But if I voluntarily remove myself from an interaction that is not an infringement to someone else's rights.

For example, the baker, if they don't want to bake that cake for the gay couple then that is their right.  It is not the right of the couole to have a cake made for them.  They could go to another baker.  Nobody has a right to force another person into an association, nobody has the right to another person's labor or services.

Otherwise it is forced and that association is forced.
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

I would agree with that.  But if I voluntarily remove myself from an interaction that is not an infringement to someone else's rights.

For example, the baker, if they don't want to bake that cake for the gay couple then that is their right.  It is not the right of the couole to have a cake made for them.  They could go to another baker.  Nobody has a right to force another person into an association, nobody has the right to another person's labor or services.

no, you cannot operate a business and refuse service to someone based on their gender, orientation, race, etc. that's called discrimination. if you don't want to serve everyone, don't start a business. opening a public business you are waiving your right to be a bigot. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited May 2017
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

no, you cannot operate a business and refuse service to someone based on their gender, orientation, race, etc. that's called discrimination. if you don't want to serve everyone, don't start a business. opening a public business you are waiving your right to be a bigot. 
    So by opening a business you are waiving your right to voluntarily associate, is that what you are saying?

And you discriminate on every decision that you make, your definition is a little off.
    Post edited by unsung on
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,827
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

So by opening a business you are waiving your right to voluntarily associate, is that what you are saying?

And you discriminate on every decision that you make, your definition is a little off.
    Yes, by opening a public business you give up your right to discriminate against groups of people for reasons prohibited by law, including race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. By gaining the benefits of access to the public as clients you give up the right to discriminate against groups of them. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

You can look at anti-discrimination laws as forced if you want, but a business person agrees to the rules beforehand. They chose to start a business and agreed to the rules. If you don't want to serve gays, then don't have a business that serves the public. 
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

yes, of course. 

are you advocating going back to the days of yore when a business would be well within their right to post a sign saying "whites only"?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

yes, of course. 

are you advocating going back to the days of yore when a business would be well within their right to post a sign saying "whites only"?
    Well yes, back when America was still great.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!