Options

U2 Joshua Tree 2017

Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,493
Don't know how everyone else feels but I'm pretty excited for this.

I think it's long over due that U2 nods to the past. Believe they've reached that point in their career where that's what people want more than a live show with 10 new songs.

Wish it was arenas over stadiums but will be great to hear songs like In Gods Country and Exit

Comments

• Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    long shot here.....but if anybody is a fan club member and can't use their membership for tickets, feel free to send me over your code :) Will send some PJ goodies your way or something
  • Options
    massive news. life is good.
  • Options
    from their website:

U2: The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 kicks off in Vancouver on 12th May for a run of dates across North America, and includes U2’s first ever U.S. festival headline appearance at the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival.

The tour then moves to Europe with the first stop in London on 8th July, finishing up in Brussels on 1st August and taking in their hometown show in Croke Park on 22nd July.

Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds will provide support across Europe, with Mumford & Sons, The Lumineers and One Republic joining the tour through North America.

“It seems like we have come full circle from when The Joshua Tree songs were originally writtten, with global upheaval, extreme right wing politics and some fundamental human rights at risk,” reflects The Edge. “To celebrate the album - as these songs seem so relevant and prescient of these times too - we decided to do these shows, it feels right for now. We’re looking forward to it.”

“Recently I listened back to The Joshua Tree for the first time in nearly 30 years,” adds Bono. “It’s quite an opera. A lot of emotions which feel strangely current, love, loss, broken dreams, seeking oblivion, polarisation… all the greats... I’ve sung some of these songs a lot… but never all of them. I’m up for it, if our audience is as excited as we are… it’s gonna be a great night. Especially when we play at home. Croke Park.. it’s where the album was born, 30 years ago.”

Tickets for U2: The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 are on sale Monday, January 16th in Ireland, the UK and Europe and on Tuesday, January 17th in the US and Canada.

As usual, there is an exclusive priority presale for U2.com subscribers from Wednesday, January 11th (9am) through Friday, January 13th (5pm) local times. Tickets will be general admission on the floor and reserved seating in the stands. There will be a 4 ticket limit for subscriber purchases and a 6 ticket limit commencing with public sales. In North America, all floor tickets will be paperless unless otherwise noted.

Find all the dates below and keep an eye on our tour page for the latest ticket and package information. (Not a U2.com subscriber but interested in taking part in the presales? Subscription details here.)

Released to universal acclaim on March 9th 1987 and featuring hit singles “With Or Without You”,“I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” and “Where The Streets Have No Name”, The Joshua Tree went to No. 1 in Ireland and around the world selling in excess of 25 million copies and catapulting Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr “… from heroes to superstars” (Rolling Stone).

Time Magazine put U2 on its cover in April 1987, proclaiming them “Rock’s Hottest Ticket” in a defining year for the band that saw their arena dates roll into stadium shows to accommodate escalating demand - setting them on course to become one of the greatest live acts in the world today.

The 12 months that followed saw the band create now-iconic moments: the traffic-stopping Grammy Award-winning music video on the roof of a Los Angeles liquor store, winning a BRIT Award and two Grammys - including Album of the Year - their first of 22 received to date, distinguishing U2 as the most awarded rock band in Grammy history; as well as a triumphant return home with the original Joshua Tree Tour for four unforgettable shows in Belfast, Dublin and Cork in the summer of 1987.

In 1987 Hot Press called The Joshua Tree “their most influential album yet”. As for this tour? Noel Gallagher says, “It will be both a pleasure and an honour to play my part in what still remains the greatest show on earth.”
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,821
    As someone else already requested, if anyone has a presale code I would GREATLY appreciate one!
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    So can someone sign up now and get access to the ticket passcode?
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    i so WANT to hate on this.. but i just LOVE this album, to finally get to hear exit live? i gotta be there.
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 779
    I will be at the Vancouver show!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,493

Yes if you sign up now you go into the second Pool (I believe of presale). Long time members get first crack
  • Options

i suggest you closely watch the specific on sales with ticketbastard
    to me it looks like u can buy a fan club BUNDLE on thursday which if i were guessing would be a ticket and a membership together. this is definitely a presale.
    these go on sale after the current fan club members get their tickets on wednesday
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Bet this will be damn near impossible to get tickets to.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,007
    Anyone see any prices yet?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I'm gonna try for Dallas
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    LukinFan said:

Ticketmaster has them from about $300 down to $35 for nosebleeds if I remember correct
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    LukinFan said:

35-285
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    There will be exactly 0 $35 tickets available.
  • Options
    if they keep with the same program as with past tours the GA floors are the way to go as far as price goes. they won't be the cheapest but they also won't be close to those golden circle costs
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I will try for Soldier field
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    Starting the tour in Vancouver again. I'm a bit surprised because they started their last tour here too. Anyway, if at first I don't succeed... Maybe this time TM won't fuck me if I manage to get tickets in my shopping cart. I wish I had a paid membership so I could get the presale dammit, but another $50.... no (seems like they let you pay for the membership after the tour announcement and be included in the presale though, which is surprising. Is that true? Or is their wording just poor on that?). Anyway, fingers crossed, because I STILL haven't managed to see U2 in my life! It's getting ridiculous.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lizabelle1217lizabelle1217 Central Jersey Posts: 222
    edited January 2017
    Definitely trying for Philly!
    Thinking that they'll add more dates to some cities, as well...

Also, looking at the dates on their site, looks like Mumford & Sons is only supporting Vancouver, Seattle, and San Fran. The Lumineers are set for all other NA cities except the FL dates, which have OneRepublic listed.
    Post edited by lizabelle1217 on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Starting the tour in Vancouver again. I'm a bit surprised because they started their last tour here too. Anyway, if at first I don't succeed... Maybe this time TM won't fuck me if I manage to get tickets in my shopping cart. I wish I had a paid membership so I could get the presale dammit, but another $50.... no (seems like they let you pay for the membership after the tour announcement and be included in the presale though, which is surprising. Is that true? Or is their wording just poor on that?). Anyway, fingers crossed, because I STILL haven't managed to see U2 in my life! It's getting ridiculous.

Hope you get tix! I got to see them in '09 on the 360 tour and it was pretty freakin spectacular.
  • Options
    Croos1226Croos1226 philly burbs Posts: 336
    Well, what's old is new again. I saw the original Joshua Tree tour in 87 at JFK in Philly. It was very intimate....just me and around 86,000 other fans! One of my all time favorite albums. will try to score some tickets to the Linc. I don't want to miss out on hearing all those songs again. Maybe Bruce will show up again!
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    Like many others, this is one of my all-time favorite albums. The Bonnaroo date, like PJ's gig there last year, unfortunately blacked out all the surrounding cities which are my best shot at seeing this tour. A road trip may be in order??
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

The fact you get tickets... coupled with a decent gift item with your membership makes it worthwhile, Soul.

You should just bite the bullet and be glad you did!
  • Options
    i've been a member since the old days(propaganda) and have said it before, but the annual gifts alone, that they send, are worth the yearly membership fee. put it this way. u2 will be around making music for at least a few more tours, pending good health. bottom line if you are a fan of their music just pay the yearly fee! and this isn't even a new album tour so there's more to come.
  • Options
    CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    I just signed up for the membership again so I can jump on the presale. Been a member off and on for years. I meant to sign up a couple of weeks ago since talk of a tour.

Does my presale code give the same access as a a long time paying member?
  • Options
    CJ260717 said:

I just signed up for the membership again so I can jump on the presale. Been a member off and on for years. I meant to sign up a couple of weeks ago since talk of a tour.

Does my presale code give the same access as a a long time paying member?

You get in on the second round.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    That's a lot of tickets to sell. Are they still the most scalper friendly band?
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I wouldn't mind seeing this. Joshua tree is a great album. Also it would be my first time seeing U2.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited January 2017

PJ_Soul said:

The fact you get tickets... coupled with a decent gift item with your membership makes it worthwhile, Soul.

You should just bite the bullet and be glad you did!
    No, I'm not even tempted TBH, despite the fact that having a presale would be nice. I like U2, and really REALLY love their earlier albums (I own everything from Unforgettable Fire through Atchung Baby and spin them semi-regularly), but I'm not a big enough fan for a paid membership. I mean, I want to see them, but I'm far from the level of fandom where I'd be "heartbroken" if I missed their show again. If I can't get tix I'll be disappointed, but not overly so. I don't know what these membership items that they send are, but I can't imagine I'd want it, whatever it is. I have zero interest in U2 merch. I don't even buy their new albums.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,184
    CopperTom said:

That's a lot of tickets to sell. Are they still the most scalper friendly band?

It appears as though some venues / some seat locations will be credit card entry (same as ticketless entry). It looks like this is a way to prevent scalpers from buying and flipping...which is a good thing.

I wonder if Songs of Experience is delayed due to it needing to be tied to a major Apple product release event? Perhaps SOE will be released in Sept with the next iPhone? If I recall Apple paid U2 a large sum for the exclusive distribution of Songs of Innocence, and follow up LP's.