ISO Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon

167891012»

Comments

• RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 1,616
    What happened? Did everyone find Jesus? Cracked a bottle of Woodford Rye tonight. Much better than the regular woodford. Went well with a Liga Privada #9 and Yield.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013 •
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016
  • BRAIN0FJAYBRAIN0FJAY Charleston, WV Posts: 781
    RS151862 said:

What happened? Did everyone find Jesus? Cracked a bottle of Woodford Rye tonight. Much better than the regular woodford. Went well with a Liga Privada #9 and Yield.

Liga #9...nice...my usual go to (although, with bourbon, my pick of late has been Drew Estate's MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cured)
    ...So much talk it makes no sense at all...

RS151862 said:

Liga #9...nice...my usual go to (although, with bourbon, my pick of late has been Drew Estate's MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cured)
    Have you had the Templeton Rye 6 year? Is it worth the price tag or stick with the Michter's. grabbed a MUWAT Kentucky fire cured today, first time I've had one and definitely enjoying it.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013 •
  • BRAIN0FJAYBRAIN0FJAY Charleston, WV Posts: 781
    RS151862 said:

RS151862 said:

Have you had the Templeton Rye 6 year? Is it worth the price tag or stick with the Michter's. grabbed a MUWAT Kentucky fire cured today, first time I've had one and definitely enjoying it.
    I haven't had the Templeton Rye, yet. Michter's products are solid, but I have a hard time not saying keep exploring and trying different ones...I do...and I have "too many" bourbons now, as if there is such a thing. As far as ryes go, I had a pour of Rittenhouse Rye the other night and it was quite solid.

Glad you liked the MUWAT Fire Cured...it has a flavor that one is either going to like or not like and I was reluctant to recommend it, but it is a damn good bourbon stogie.
    ...So much talk it makes no sense at all...
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitarPosts: 6,644
    Eddie is playing bourbon fest....
    Cork-Eddie-17 Chicago 1&2-16 Miami-16 Ft. Lauderdale-16 New York City(Colbert,Sound Check,Show)-15 Moline-14 Detroit-14 Amsterdam 1&2-14 Chicago-13 Noblesville-10 Grand Rapids-06 Grand Rapids-04 Auburn Hills-00 Auburn Hills-98 Toledo-96

NO SAMPLES, KEYBOARDS OR SYNTHESIZERS USED IN THE MAKING OF THIS RECORDING....
    edited April 19

RS151862 said:

RS151862 said:

I haven't had the Templeton Rye, yet. Michter's products are solid, but I have a hard time not saying keep exploring and trying different ones...I do...and I have "too many" bourbons now, as if there is such a thing. As far as ryes go, I had a pour of Rittenhouse Rye the other night and it was quite solid.

Glad you liked the MUWAT Fire Cured...it has a flavor that one is either going to like or not like and I was reluctant to recommend it, but it is a damn good bourbon stogie.
    The MUWAT was fantastic. Drew Estates never misses, and I'm always open to other suggestions. I folded and bought the Templeton it was solid. Same mash as Michters so if you like one you'll like the other. You're not the first to recommend Ruttenhouse but I never see it on the shelf so I'll keep looking. I'm not opposed to having too many open bottles in the house.
    Post edited by RS151862 on
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 7,545
    Last chance.

If you are serious and want a bottle of 20yo Pappy let me know.
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 1,206
    edited April 19

I wish this juice would make its way north of the border. I'm really enjoying it.
    Post edited by DavidD on
  • RS151862 said:

Basil Hayden just released its Rye here in Illinois last month. I have to say I thought it was quite quaffable with the right amount of spice to sweetness for my tastes.

Vedict: I like it!

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 7,818
    edited April 20
    Good thread!
    I know this is a bourbon thread, but where's the Scotch love??
    I prefer a more subtle and mellow flavour profile and I have always found bourbons to be a little bold, even to the point of oversweetness when compared to a smooth Scotch. Bourbon is great for a nice introspective glass, but if I am by the fire and going to be sipping to the point of real buzzzz, give me some Glenlivet every time. It's widely available, fairly priced, and reliably delicious.
    I had a good friend who devoted entirely too much of his relatively meager salary to getting the hardest to find and most expensive whiskey. He laid hands on a Pappy in '10 and was mildly disappointed with it. I didn't shell out a paycheck for it so I thought it was great, but I wouldn't spend like that just for the exclusivity.
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • KC2917KC2917 Posts: 696
    rgambs said:

Good thread!

Take your scotch and get the fuck outta here!!! This is a bourbon thread!

Just kidding. I'm drunk, ironically on vodka tonight. And some norcos. Anyone got any blow?
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 7,545
    KC2917 said:

rgambs said:

Good thread!

Take your scotch and get the fuck outta here!!! This is a bourbon thread!

Just kidding. I'm drunk, ironically on vodka tonight. And some norcos. Anyone got any blow?
    I love this, lol^!!!
    I'm enjoying the glenmorangie original and been wanting to try there Quinta Rubin.
    But give me a bottle of glenfiddich malt master edition and I'm a happy man.
    I find I'm liking the port/rum/bourbon barrle finishes. Maybe because of all the bourbons I've been drinking lately
    Next month there is a spirit of Toronto show going on and hoping to try some new stuff there.
167891012»