Options

Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren 2020

Comments

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited November 2016
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Its tough, but there is a price to pay for everything in life, and that's the price we pay for good cheap farm land, no violence, and peace and quiet.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    rgambs said:

polaris_x said:

what part of hilary is a horrible candidate are people not getting!??

and to suggest all trump voters are racist speaks to the inability of some people to come to terms with facts ... a lot of blue counties that voted for a black president for 2 terms turned red because they all of sudden became racist!??

hilary would be an excellent president for those that are ok with the continued corporatization of american gov't where money and influence dictate policy domestic and foreign ... outside of that her only redeeming quality in this election was that she wasn't trump and for her to only beat him by 400,000 votes should re-affirm that ...

It's all about turnout. Those blue counties were always full of racists, they didn't suddenly change.

Also, I know that not ALL Trump voters are racist, just most of them.
    Aren't you Canadian? Normally I wouldn't mention it, but when it comes to understanding white bread America, you have to have experienced it to understand it.
    I posted a while back about the subtle and not so subtle racism of the midwest and a poster that never agrees with me backed me up, racism is truly ubiquitous in middle America.

Even city folk in the US don't quite get how deep and wide it is.
    ya ... i'm Canadian but I've also traveled a lot in the US ... I've been to over 45 states ... I also had an american girlfriend for 4 years ... in traveling the US ... i've been to a lot of small towns because i'm an outdoors enthusiast ... i'm not just in the big cities ... i've spent a lot of time in rural america ... and it doesn't remotely shock me that they would vote for a black president and not clinton ... now, don't get me wrong - i have always contended that racism is alive and strong in the US ... ask anyone who's been on the board for as long as I have ...

but obama winning 2 terms and an approval rating of 55%+ now and the fact that hilary is white pretty much says racism didn't decide this election ...

look at the details ... about 4 million people who voted for obama did not vote for her with many of them not voting ... sanders popularity in the rust belt ... this election was decided by the disenfranchised ... those that rightfully believe the game is rigged ... trump campaigned on it ... sanders did as well ... but hilary couldn't because she is firmly entrenched in that establishment ... this election was determined by those seeking change on the conservative side coming out while the progressives and youth stayed at home because of the inherent faults of both candidates ...

hilary ran on a campaign of status quo and her not being trump ... that didn't inspire the progressive disenfranchised and youth to come out ... nor should it ... you could see it play out on this board ... most hilary supporters would have voted for sanders if he was the nominee but many sanders voters didn't vote for hilary ...
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Its tough, but there is a price to pay for everything in life, and that's the price we pay for good cheap farm land, no violence, and peace and quiet.

A hostile community is not worth it, imo.
  • Options
    Free said:

rgambs said:

They aren't hostile, just backwards. Besides, we are white lol

I'd love to live in a progressive area, but we wouldn't be able to meet the sustainability goals that we have in a progressive area, the cost of living is too high.
  • Options
    And there are good people everywhere, hell most of the racists are good people, they just don't vote as such.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

I'd love to live in a progressive area, but we wouldn't be able to meet the sustainability goals that we have in a progressive area, the cost of living is too high.
    When you have a child w/ a developmental disabilty, like me, living in an ignorant community is unacceptable. We may be Caucasian, but still a minority, and redneck areas are ignorant of everyone who falls into a minority label.
  • Options
    Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

When you have a child w/ a developmental disabilty, like me, living in an ignorant community is unacceptable. We may be Caucasian, but still a minority, and redneck areas are ignorant of everyone who falls into a minority label.
    Yeah, that would make it more difficult, but I actually feel that people around here are pretty tolerant of disabilities, perhaps surprisingly.
  • Options
    I want to be the minority
    I don't need your authority
    Down with the moral majority
    'Cause I want to be the minority

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
    One nation under dog
    There of which I stand alone
    A face in the crowd
    Unsung, against the mold
    Without a doubt
    Singled out
    The only way I know

Stepped out of the line
    Like a sheep runs from the herd
    Marching out of time
    To my own beat now
    The only way I know
    One light, one mind
    Flashing in the dark
    Blinded by the silence of a thousand broken hearts
    "For crying out loud" she screamed unto me
    A free for all
    Fuck 'em all
    You're on your own side

One light, one mind
    Flashing in the dark
    Blinded by the silence of a thousand broken hearts
    For crying out loud she screamed unto me
    A free for all
    Fuck 'em all
    You're on your own side

• Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    Looks likes Chris Rock is running in 2020
    I also like Al Franken
    Right now we need Bernie to lead
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    edited November 2016
    All my fellow white deplarables would of voted Bernie no doubt. I'm one of the few white male deplarables I know that voted Clinton. One thing white deplorables and liberals have in common is their love of weed. A pro marijuana candidate i feel could help bring votes back to the left.
    Post edited by CH156378 on
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

Yeah, that would make it more difficult, but I actually feel that people around here are pretty tolerant of disabilities, perhaps surprisingly.
    Schools here aren't exactly proactive in doing what's best. Segregation at a certain point is widespread. But that is a whole mother can of worms.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
  • Options
    Bernie is the ultimate gentleman!
  • Options
    David Bright on casting his electoral vote for Bernie

https://youtu.be/rziDCJC1wHE
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

David Bright on casting his electoral vote for Bernie

https://youtu.be/rziDCJC1wHE

Awesome.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    isn't it technically legal for Obama to run again in 2020?
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

Uhhhhhhh, what? You post all of those threads about the constitution, impeachment as Trump being a moron (which he is) and you seriously ask this?

Don't you think that if this were possible, someone would have tried it by now?
  • Options

vaggar99 said:

Uhhhhhhh, what? You post all of those threads about the constitution, impeachment as Trump being a moron (which he is) and you seriously ask this?

sorry, perhaps it isn't. i vaguely remember having a discussion about it in high school american history. that was a long time ago. perhaps just wishful thinking. he would never do it anyway. sounds like he plans on being a mentor to up and coming Democrats. good guy.
  • Options
    I'm interested in seeing what his plans are. And you're right, he's a very good guy. One of the the most genuine people I've ever come across.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    Neither I hope the DNC can come up with some new blood !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Sanders

Warren is another two faced neolib.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

vaggar99 said:

see...Obama and I are on the same wavelength!!
    nytimes.com/2016/12/26/us/politics/obama-third-term-donald-trump.html

could this be Obama's answer to the Birther Movement?
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    You are nowhere near President Obama. He's saying he could have won had he run again. You on the other hand wasn't sure if a president could run for a third term.
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    Both will be too old.Bernie had a good shot,but the people were too focused on Hilary.
  • Options
    joseph33 said:

Both will be too old.Bernie had a good shot,but the people were too focused on Hilary.

this is probably true. i also think its never a good idea to rerun for president after losing. chances are you'll lose again.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

joseph33 said:

this is probably true. i also think its never a good idea to rerun for president after losing. chances are you'll lose again.
    Like Hillary.