Free said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

Who said he was my boy? Oh yeah. Just you. Delusional.

Like it or not...
    In a binary system, you are a 1 or a 0.
    You were a zero.
    You campaigned actively against 1 and that means you campaigned actively for 0.

It's one thing that you didn't understand before, but it is sad that you don't get it now.
    No, not everything is black-and-white. But kudos on trying to insult me. You went from backing Sanders to being Hillary fan. And then you lost. And you're still hurt. I understand, perhaps you should take some time off, rather than trying to insult me because it never works. :blush:
    I didn't say everything is black and white. I said our presidential elections are a binary system, and I was obviously correct.
    I was never a Clinton fan, I just understood the reality that you still can't grasp, even though we now have a president Trump.
    You don't seem upset about that at all. It seems like you hated Clinton and loved Bernie much more than you love progress.
    The EPA is fucked, the trade war with China is coming, legal weed is in the toilet, the Supreme Court is gone for a generation, and all you care about is Bernie... You say it's not about him, it's a movement, and yet you have little or nothing to say about the movement being backwards.
    You say "you are hurt" because "you lost".
    If you were truly concerned with progress you would feel and say that "we lost" like every progressive person I know is saying right now. That's not what I am seeing right now, I am seeing the definition of a BernieBro and I am concerned that if there are enough of you out there, you will lose us the next election as well.
    It certainly is not. There are NOT just 2 parties, whether you or anyone else wants to believe it. That's where the problem lies, people thinking it's binary (OMG, another word for this would be black-and-white, whodathunk). So you are wrong, just accept that people DO IN FACT vote 3rd parties, and there are SEVERAL - maybe not in the presidential election, but there are SEVERAL.

You can "seem" to know who I am, but I don't think in black and white, I think big picture. I'm not going to waste my life being angry, I'm going to make my life and others valuable by keeping perspective, knowing that change is constant, working every day to make a difference and knowing things do GET BETTER. And that right there? Is PROGRESS. It's also PERSPECTIVE. You need to take some time to grieve this loss. Like MANY right now do, instead of attempting to insult.
    You insulted me many times when you thought it was all decided and rigged years ago by some sinister cabal. I am not trying to insult you I am trying to understand you so that I can counter-act your tactics when it comes time to try and replace Trump.
    Many great people have pointed out that thinking big picture doesn't get anything done at all, it is the little steps we take that carry us forward, not our dream of the destination.
    I still think something is going on that the public doesn't know about, there always will be much that we do NOT KNOW. Hillary had fireworks planned for shooting off over the Hudson and canceled them within 24 hours of election day. Why. What did she know. What changed. She was sailing through to victory. Nearly everyone planned on it, including her campaign.

Seriously? When you are deep in details, exactly what gets done? When there are too many hands in the pot, who's overseeing the problem at large? Discounting big-picture perspective is the exact issue and a very dangerous one. Too many dismiss it, like yourself. And problems inevitably never get solved because of it. It's called balance, not one or the other. Without balance, nothing gets really done.
    The BIG PICTURE is that the radicalized wing of the Republican Party now controls all three branches of our government.

The end.
    That's right. Get used to it. Grieve now, organize, protest, make meaningful change when you get over Hillary.
    :rofl:

Hahahaha yeah, like you got over Bernie and the DNC??? Oh, right, you haven't yet!
    Better give us a year or two, let us know when you get over that so we can set the timer and know when to get over Trump's victory.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,931
    Tim Kaine added nothing to the Clinton ticket and would be a washout as a nominee.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    rgambs said:

Free said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

Like it or not...
    You were a zero.

It's one thing that you didn't understand before, but it is sad that you don't get it now.
    No, not everything is black-and-white. But kudos on trying to insult me. You went from backing Sanders to being Hillary fan. And then you lost. And you're still hurt. I understand, perhaps you should take some time off, rather than trying to insult me because it never works. :blush:
    I didn't say everything is black and white. I said our presidential elections are a binary system, and I was obviously correct.
    I was never a Clinton fan, I just understood the reality that you still can't grasp, even though we now have a president Trump.
    You don't seem upset about that at all. It seems like you hated Clinton and loved Bernie much more than you love progress.
    The EPA is fucked, the trade war with China is coming, legal weed is in the toilet, the Supreme Court is gone for a generation, and all you care about is Bernie... You say it's not about him, it's a movement, and yet you have little or nothing to say about the movement being backwards.
    If you were truly concerned with progress you would feel and say that "we lost" like every progressive person I know is saying right now. That's not what I am seeing right now, I am seeing the definition of a BernieBro and I am concerned that if there are enough of you out there, you will lose us the next election as well.
    It certainly is not. There are NOT just 2 parties, whether you or anyone else wants to believe it. That's where the problem lies, people thinking it's binary (OMG, another word for this would be black-and-white, whodathunk). So you are wrong, just accept that people DO IN FACT vote 3rd parties, and there are SEVERAL - maybe not in the presidential election, but there are SEVERAL.

You can "seem" to know who I am, but I don't think in black and white, I think big picture. I'm not going to waste my life being angry, I'm going to make my life and others valuable by keeping perspective, knowing that change is constant, working every day to make a difference and knowing things do GET BETTER. And that right there? Is PROGRESS. It's also PERSPECTIVE. You need to take some time to grieve this loss. Like MANY right now do, instead of attempting to insult.
    You insulted me many times when you thought it was all decided and rigged years ago by some sinister cabal. I am not trying to insult you I am trying to understand you so that I can counter-act your tactics when it comes time to try and replace Trump.
    Many great people have pointed out that thinking big picture doesn't get anything done at all, it is the little steps we take that carry us forward, not our dream of the destination.
    I still think something is going on that the public doesn't know about, there always will be much that we do NOT KNOW. Hillary had fireworks planned for shooting off over the Hudson and canceled them within 24 hours of election day. Why. What did she know. What changed. She was sailing through to victory. Nearly everyone planned on it, including her campaign.

Seriously? When you are deep in details, exactly what gets done? When there are too many hands in the pot, who's overseeing the problem at large? Discounting big-picture perspective is the exact issue and a very dangerous one. Too many dismiss it, like yourself. And problems inevitably never get solved because of it. It's called balance, not one or the other. Without balance, nothing gets really done.
    The BIG PICTURE is that the radicalized wing of the Republican Party now controls all three branches of our government.

The end.
    That's right. Get used to it. Grieve now, organize, protest, make meaningful change when you get over Hillary.
    :rofl:

Hahahaha yeah, like you got over Bernie and the DNC??? Oh, right, you haven't yet!
    Better give us a year or two, let us know when you get over that so we can set the timer and know when to get over Trump's victory.
    This is all you've got. :weary:

Oh, the irony, and finger pointing.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Free said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

Like it or not...
    You were a zero.

The end.
    You're funny.
  • Options

I hope whomever is nominated next time is in their 40s or 50s. Fucking geriatrics this time around.
    Trump will be the oldest president to swear in, I believe.
    Clinton would have been tied with Ronny, who to date was the oldest to swear in...and as much as I am a child of the Reagan years, the man had some problems by the end of his 8 years.
    Please pick someone younger!

Tim Kaine 2020
    He will be in 60s then too.
    Yes, the problem is the Democrats needed to start recruiting and training people 25 years ago.

The problem is that too many liberals are "big picture" type of people who don't understand that every battle is won through a series of small, tactical maneuvers and it takes a long, long time. You don't become a powerful player in the arena by marching through San Francisco burning flags and posting a selfie about it.

People don't just turn 36 and say "I can run for President now." Obama, as young as he was, had a long-range path that you could trace backwards several decades.

The Republicans made a huge investment over a long period of time to produce people like Marco Rubio and Paul Ryan and Ted Cruz.

The Dems really need to study that playbook because the Republicans currently have a very deep bench and we've got shit.
  • Options

I hope whomever is nominated next time is in their 40s or 50s. Fucking geriatrics this time around.
    Clinton would have been tied with Ronny, who to date was the oldest to swear in...and as much as I am a child of the Reagan years, the man had some problems by the end of his 8 years.

Tim Kaine 2020
    Yes, the problem is the Democrats needed to start recruiting and training people 25 years ago.

The problem is that too many liberals are "big picture" type of people who don't understand that every battle is won through a series of small, tactical maneuvers and it takes a long, long time. You don't become a powerful player in the arena by marching through San Francisco burning flags and posting a selfie about it.

People don't just turn 36 and say "I can run for President now." Obama, as young as he was, had a long-range path that you could trace backwards several decades.

The Republicans made a huge investment over a long period of time to produce people like Marco Rubio and Paul Ryan and Ted Cruz.

The Dems really need to study that playbook because the Republicans currently have a very deep bench and we've got shit.
    You are so much smarter than us, please master, tell us more. :how_interesting:
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Tim Kaine 2020

True
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    BS44325 said:

The blinders for Obama are too strong on this forum for any of you to really get where the blame resides.

The ground for this democratic loss was layed during his presidency. People went for hope and change but hope and change was a failure on all fronts. No democratic candidate be it Hillary, Bernie, anybody could have won without coming to terms with that fact.
  • Options

Tim Kaine 2020

Yes and the smart play would have been to have Hillary win in 2008 followed by Obama in 2016. Instead you wasted a talent who wasn't ready and are paying the consequences for his ineptitude.
  • Options
    Free said:

Tim Kaine 2020

Can you please explain why you are so damned rude? I was having a perfectly pleasant exchange with another poster, agreeing with him/her that we need good, younger candidates -- and then you inject your bullshit. Every. Single. Time. Get the fuck out of my world, won't you please?????
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Tim Kaine 2020

Yes and the smart play would have been to have Hillary win in 2008 followed by Obama in 2016. Instead you wasted a talent who wasn't ready and are paying the consequences for his ineptitude.
    Says the guy who accuses others of having blinders on.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

BS44325 said:

Tim Kaine 2020

Says the guy who accuses others of having blinders on.
    Yeah. Sorry. I only predicted Trump's victory the minute he went down the escalator.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Free said:

Tim Kaine 2020

Can you please explain why you are so damned rude? I was having a perfectly pleasant exchange with another poster, agreeing with him/her that we need good, younger candidates -- and then you inject your bullshit. Every. Single. Time. Get the fuck out of my world, won't you please?????
    As long as you post here, it is not your world, it is our world, our shared world.
    And you're completely wrong about liberals being big picture. The majority of people are deep in the details, causing them to not see any big picture view.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Tim Kaine 2020

True
    It is. Also, when you are in the White House the President of course becomes the head of the party. For better or worse they are the focus. When you are in opposition, as the Republicans have been for eight years, that allows for figures like Cruz and Ryan to emerge as party leaders in Congress. We will see over the next few years what Democrats in Congress rise up in that way.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

rgambs said:

Tim Kaine 2020

True
    It is. Also, when you are in the White House the President of course becomes the head of the party. For better or worse they are the focus. When you are in opposition, as the Republicans have been for eight years, that allows for figures like Cruz and Ryan to emerge as party leaders in Congress. We will see over the next few years what Democrats in Congress rise up in that way.
    They only became party leaders in congress when the democratic president destroyed the electoral chances of all the down ballot candidates in his own party.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    People who are interested in introspection should read this...

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/442039/voters-reject-progressive-agenda-rightward-shift-historic

Granted this isn't AMT approved media but maybe if some of you spent time reading different media without immediately calling it racist you wouldn't be so surprised by this week's result. This article is by a #nevertrump conservative but it is bang on. It was not the candidate but the progressive agenda that lost. It is not successful and it is not liked. Throwing up a a Warren and/or Sanders in 2020 could get a short term win but it will essentially be a repeat of the same mistake.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Tim Kaine 2020

I had this same conversation with someone last weekend (without the ineptitude part). Didn't happen, though, so here we are.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/442039/voters-reject-progressive-agenda-rightward-shift-historic

Granted this isn't AMT approved media but maybe if some of you spent time reading different media without immediately calling it racist you wouldn't be so surprised by this week's result. This article is by a #nevertrump conservative but it is bang on. It was not the candidate but the progressive agenda that lost. It is not successful and it is not liked. Throwing up a a Warren and/or Sanders in 2020 could get a short term win but it will essentially be a repeat of the same mistake.

Data shows that it IS successful, but you are right, it isn't accepted.
    You are dead wrong about racism though, you clearly haven't spent much time in rural America.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

You are dead wrong about racism though, you clearly haven't spent much time in rural America.
    1) The data you cite while possibly correct was not felt broadly enough. Way too many people being left behind in specific regions. Growth was anemic, types of jobs were only in certain sectors, plus wage stagnation on top of that. That is not success for those who needed it. 2) The post-election data doesn't support your racism theory. #whitelash is a myth.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

1) The data you cite while possibly correct was not felt broadly enough. Way too many people being left behind in specific regions. Growth was anemic, types of jobs were only in certain sectors, plus wage stagnation on top of that. That is not success for those who needed it. 2) The post-election data doesn't support your racism theory. #whitelash is a myth.
    I haven't looked at the post election data yet, but I am telling you, I don't know a single racist who voted for Clinton and I don't know a single Trump voter that isn't racist. Racism is so deep and wide, you truly don't understand it at all. I'm talking about doctors, lawyers, blue collar workers, fuck, a 35 year home economics teacher!
    I don't see how any data can discount this, racism isn't confined to demographics here, it is across the board.
  • Options
    Though I agree, they are tired of being called out as racist, most don't think they are. They think they are realists.
    They talk shit about black people that have a weave and cell-phone on welfare or food stamps and feel justified, and then when they begin to hit hard times they scam unemployment and think nothing of it. They blame black and hispanic people who took out loans for houses they can't afford and absolve the banks, meanwhile they bought land and built a house they can't afford because the wife is out of work.
    This isn't abstract, this is real Trump voters.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    what part of hilary is a horrible candidate are people not getting!??

and to suggest all trump voters are racist speaks to the inability of some people to come to terms with facts ... a lot of blue counties that voted for a black president for 2 terms turned red because they all of sudden became racist!??

hilary would be an excellent president for those that are ok with the continued corporatization of american gov't where money and influence dictate policy domestic and foreign ... outside of that her only redeeming quality in this election was that she wasn't trump and for her to only beat him by 400,000 votes should re-affirm that ...
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

I haven't looked at the post election data yet, but I am telling you, I don't know a single racist who voted for Clinton and I don't know a single Trump voter that isn't racist. Racism is so deep and wide, you truly don't understand it at all. I'm talking about doctors, lawyers, blue collar workers, fuck, a 35 year home economics teacher!
    I don't see how any data can discount this, racism isn't confined to demographics here, it is across the board.
    What post election data is left?
    President-elect Trump is the post election data.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Though I agree, they are tired of being called out as racist, most don't think they are. They think they are realists.
    They talk shit about black people that have a weave and cell-phone on welfare or food stamps and feel justified, and then when they begin to hit hard times they scam unemployment and think nothing of it. They blame black and hispanic people who took out loans for houses they can't afford and absolve the banks, meanwhile they bought land and built a house they can't afford because the wife is out of work.
    This isn't abstract, this is real Trump voters.

You're very angry.
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

what part of hilary is a horrible candidate are people not getting!??

and to suggest all trump voters are racist speaks to the inability of some people to come to terms with facts ... a lot of blue counties that voted for a black president for 2 terms turned red because they all of sudden became racist!??

hilary would be an excellent president for those that are ok with the continued corporatization of american gov't where money and influence dictate policy domestic and foreign ... outside of that her only redeeming quality in this election was that she wasn't trump and for her to only beat him by 400,000 votes should re-affirm that ...

It's all about turnout. Those blue counties were always full of racists, they didn't suddenly change.

Also, I know that not ALL Trump voters are racist, just most of them.
    Aren't you Canadian? Normally I wouldn't mention it, but when it comes to understanding white bread America, you have to have experienced it to understand it.
    I posted a while back about the subtle and not so subtle racism of the midwest and a poster that never agrees with me backed me up, racism is truly ubiquitous in middle America.

Even city folk in the US don't quite get how deep and wide it is.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

As with the maps of primary results, Hillary won the cities or high income areas. Trump won the rural. Bernie Sanders won all the rural counties in NY at the primary, but because NY City is highly populated they win the bulk - Hillary voters.

I live in a very rural area, and Trump hands-down won this area. Very redneckish, and yes, a racist area. I am pretty out of place. There are by far more Hillary haters, then likers. And we knew that months ago. Sanders would've had a better chance by far over Hillary.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Free said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

As with the maps of primary results, Hillary won the cities or high income areas. Trump won the rural. Bernie Sanders won all the rural counties in NY at the primary, but because NY City is highly populated they win the bulk - Hillary voters.

I live in a very rural area, and Trump hands-down won this area. Very redneckish, and yes, a racist area. I am pretty out of place. There are by far more Hillary haters, then likers. And we knew that months ago. Sanders would've won here.
    We agree! Back me up lol

The racists I talk about aren't out lynching and wearing white hoods, but they have been irked by a First black family and they weight every negative story involving a person of color double what they weight the same of a white person.
    They say things like "we should just nuke the Middle East" and "they need to get their families back together and get off the government tit" and other such cognitive disonance bullshit.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

I live in a very rural area, and Trump hands-down won this area. Very redneckish, and yes, a racist area. I am pretty out of place. There are by far more Hillary haters, then likers. And we knew that months ago. Sanders would've won here.
    We agree! Back me up lol

The racists I talk about aren't out lynching and wearing white hoods, but they have been irked by a First black family and they weight every negative story involving a person of color double what they weight the same of a white person.
    They say things like "we should just nuke the Middle East" and "they need to get their families back together and get off the government tit" and other such cognitive disonance bullshit.
    Although extreme, yes there are people out here like that. But not the majority. People are generally good to each other. But there are also those who fly the confederate flags, I stay away from.
  • Options
    Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

We agree! Back me up lol

Although extreme, yes there are people out here like that. But not the majority. People are generally good to each other. But there are also those who fly the confederate flags, I stay away from.
    Here in Ohio, the "nuke the middle east" crowd is not extreme, they are almost average.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

We agree! Back me up lol

Here in Ohio, the "nuke the middle east" crowd is not extreme, they are almost average.
    Disturbing and I would not want my children growing up in an area like that.