Options

Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren 2020

my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
edited November 2016 in A Moving Train
I bet the DNC wishes Bernie made it out of the primary now...
Post edited by my2hands on

Comments

• Options
    Sadly I think this was the last chance for Bernie or Biden because of their age.
    Cory Booker 2020?
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Bernie Sanders will be dead in 2020. For God's sake, will you people get a grip?

I heard the best analysis tonight of the ridiculous Bernie Sanders left. Some dumb ass millenial said, "Oh, they have to listen to us now!" And then all the experts at the desk looked at her and said , "Who is they? There is no they left to listen! You just defeated your only chance to be heard."

Fuck the Bernie Bros. The millenials. One of the dudes said of them, "They live in a multiple choice world the rest of us don't understand." I voted for Bernie. Would have supported him if he had gotten the nomination. But he didn't. And now we all lost.

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    I really like Tulsi from Hawaii since she preferred Bernie over Hillary.

Pity Bernie isn't young. Screw you, Hillary and Wasserman Schultz.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    my2hands said:

I bet the DNC wishes he made it out of the primary now

Under statement!
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    That's how I feel about Ron Paul.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    unsung said:

I did gain some respect for him for supporting Stein. I actually liked Johnson until that whole Aleppo and TPP thing. He's still better then the two headed ass clown though.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

Bernie Sanders will be dead in 2020. For God's sake, will you people get a grip?

I heard the best analysis tonight of the ridiculous Bernie Sanders left. Some dumb ass millenial said, "Oh, they have to listen to us now!" And then all the experts at the desk looked at her and said , "Who is they? There is no they left to listen! You just defeated your only chance to be heard."

Fuck the Bernie Bros. The millenials. One of the dudes said of them, "They live in a multiple choice world the rest of us don't understand." I voted for Bernie. Would have supported him if he had gotten the nomination. But he didn't. And now we all lost.

Good god, look at yourself. Get a grip. Bernie will not be dead in 4 years. Go back to bed.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    The reason this election turned out like you did is because the democratic party ensured that Hillary would win it. And she didn't. Bernie Sanders had a better chance of beating Trump and you know it.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Free said:

The reason this election turned out like you did is because the democratic party ensured that Hillary would win it. And she didn't. Bernie Sanders had a better chance of beating Trump and you know it.

I think everyone agrees Bernie would have crushed trump top to bottom.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

unsung said:

I did gain some respect for him for supporting Stein. I actually liked Johnson until that whole Aleppo and TPP thing. He's still better then the two headed ass clown though.
    Johnson is an idiot, but Weld was worse, and I voted for Johnson in 2012.

Clinton, Biden, and Sanders will be too old to run, my guess is Warren gets the nom.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    edited November 2016
    It seems the way is paved for Warren in 2020.

The DNC completely fucked everyone over.

Not only gift wrapped the Electoral Branch to Donald Trump... but also gave him and Republicans the Legislative and Judicial Branches.

Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    MayDay10 said:

It seems the way is paved for Warren in 2020.

No. Warren will be 72 when 2020 rolls around.
  • Options
    Hmm, well I didn't know that.

• Options
    she seems younger than 68... also, Trump is 70.

I saw her speak at the DNC and she was a bore though. Bernie had lightning in a bottle and they wasted it
  • Options
    I am shocked that Trump won.

I love that Clinton will hopefully not run for office again.

I love that the establishment took one to the chin.

Still, voting won't fix this country.
  • Options
    unsung said:

I am shocked that Trump won.

I love that Clinton will hopefully not run for office again.

I love that the establishment took one to the chin.

Still, voting won't fix this country.

I think it would have been better if D won the Senate though.

It feels like the thing is all lubed up for there to be a stronger "Establishment" than ever with R control of everything
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    DNC can blame themselves for this shit show.
    Wasserman and Brazile
    this is why I am an independent. idiots running this party.
    Hope Trump puts both in jail :lol:

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

Wasserman and Brazile

my sentiments
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Why would anyone be so naive as to suggest that the Democrats need to shift even further to the left with Warren as the candidate to win the next election? Do any of you know anything about how politics work? The progressive movement, already on its death's door, has been decapitated with this election. Warren can't save it.

It's not about Trump and this one election. Conservatives -- the really hard core ones -- have succeeded at infiltrating every level of government from the state governors' mansions to the federal Supreme Court after a generation of slow, steady plotting while nobody was even looking. This really was *the* election to win. It's done for us for at least another generation. Maybe when the freaking millenials actually grow up and learn some things about how government works, they'll take it back, but damn do they have a lot to learn before that happens.

For now, we're stuck with the Paul Ryans of the world who were groomed as Young Republicans 25 years ago by Newt Gingrich, et. al, with a copy of Ayn Rand's Fountainhead under their arms. That shit worked. Look at us now. Where we are today can be traced back one election at a time since 1990. Google it and you will understand what I know to be true.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    This was the old school white Baby Boomers final FUCK YOU to our generation.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    MayDay10 said:

lolobugg said:

Wasserman and Brazile

my sentiments
    Mine too.
  • Options

Why would anyone be so naive as to suggest that the Democrats need to shift even further to the left with Warren as the candidate to win the next election? Do any of you know anything about how politics work? The progressive movement, already on its death's door, has been decapitated with this election. Warren can't save it.

It's not about Trump and this one election. Conservatives -- the really hard core ones -- have succeeded at infiltrating every level of government from the state governors' mansions to the federal Supreme Court after a generation of slow, steady plotting while nobody was even looking. This really was *the* election to win. It's done for us for at least another generation. Maybe when the freaking millenials actually grow up and learn some things about how government works, they'll take it back, but damn do they have a lot to learn before that happens.

For now, we're stuck with the Paul Ryans of the world who were groomed as Young Republicans 25 years ago by Newt Gingrich, et. al, with a copy of Ayn Rand's Fountainhead under their arms. That shit worked. Look at us now. Where we are today can be traced back one election at a time since 1990. Google it and you will understand what I know to be true.

Step down off your pedestal long enough to point the finger at your own party.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

the will turn out to be the election of the "disenfranchised" ... republicans against the "establishment" had a candidate ... democrats didn't ... so, the republican disenfranchised came out in droves while the progressive disenfranchised stayed home ...
  • Options
    Boy did the 2-party system let us down!

Time to get rid of failed 2-PARTY SYSTEM!!!

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Free said:

Keep dreaming lol that's funny !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Free said:

Keep dreaming lol that's funny !
    Nothing funny about it closed-minded one. Chaos always precedes real change.
  • Options
    If Bernie Won Democratic Primary, Would We Now Be Looking at a Sanders Presidency?

http://m.democracynow.org/stories/16795
  • Options
    From Bernie:
    Donald Trump tapped into the anger of a declining middle class that is sick and tired of establishment economics, establishment politics and the establishment media. People are tired of working longer hours for lower wages, of seeing decent paying jobs go to China and other low-wage countries, of billionaires not paying any federal income taxes and of not being able to afford a college education for their kids - all while the very rich become much richer.

To the degree that Mr. Trump is serious about pursuing policies that improve the lives of working families in this country, I and other progressives are prepared to work with him. To the degree that he pursues racist, sexist, xenophobic and anti-environment policies, we will vigorously oppose him.
  • Options
    http://usuncut.com/politics/bernie-sanders-vows-stop-donald-trump/

Sanders Just Responded to Trump’s Victory

In a viral Facebook post, Senator Bernie Sanders (I-Vermont) has vowed to do everything in his power to block President-elect Trump’s agenda.

Sanders acknowledged that Trump’s narrow victory came about as a result of a wave of anti-establishment anger directed at Washington insiders like Hillary Clinton, and that Democrats failed to predict the wave of populist outrage that gave the GOP nominee a game-changing advantage.

However, the Vermont senator is rejecting President Obama’s and Clinton’s calls for unity behind the new president, saying he’ll only promise to work with Trump if the president-elect is serious about implementing progressive policies. Simultaneously, Sanders, who is the ranking member on the Senate Budget Committee, pledged to block any and all legislation Trump proposes that seeks to ensconce what he referred to as “racist, sexist, xenophobic and anti-environment policies.”

“We will vigorously oppose him,” Sanders said at the end of the post.

Sanders’ status update has gone viral, accumulating over 30,000 shares in less than 30 minutes as of this writing. Read the full post below...