Options

police kill unarmed black man

Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
edited September 2016 in A Moving Train
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/21/at-least-12-charlotte-cops-injured-in-protests-following-officer-involved-death-black-man.html

I've already read some stuff that the victim was reaching into his car after repeated orders to get on the ground or something like that
but anyway there's another riot (free shopping day and right to violence)

just thought this could use it's own thread rather than derail another one.

Godfather.
Post edited by Godfather. on

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    You are confusing two different cases...
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/21/at-least-12-charlotte-cops-injured-in-protests-following-officer-involved-death-black-man.html

I've already read some stuff that the victim was reaching into his car after repeated orders to get on the ground or something like that
    but anyway there's anot riot (free shopping day and right to violence)

Godfather.

Nailed it GF..."free shopping day and right to violence". You see the video of those savages dancing and destroying the squad car? They love and need this shit....they must not have gotten the memo it was a black officer and the asshole had a gun...scratch that, none of that matters anymore.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Black man takes a knee during national anthem at a sporting event.
    National shit loss for weeks on end!

Disabled black man takes a bullet reading a book waiting for his kid at bus stop.
    Protests and looting not cool.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    JC29856 said:

Disabled black man takes a bullet reading a book waiting for his kid at bus stop.

Also at that scene no gun or any other weapon was found while that man was reading that book. I hope his son didn't see that shooting.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

JC29856 said:

Also at that scene no gun or any other weapon was found while that man was reading that book. I hope his son didn't see that shooting.

Peace
    The police are saying there was a gun found at the scene, take it with a shot of grain. That could mean anything.
    BTW: NC open carry state.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

11 black gang members rape kill and burn a young white girl no media attention

Godfather.

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited September 2016
    JC29856 said:

Black man whose one leg is out the NFL door takes a false stand on an issue he knows nothing about to avoid being cut by said team..where was he while when he was repping beats by Dre on every damn channel and the starting QB...that's right he said and did jack shit...rest of NFL follows like sheep after said knee

as far as shootings the guy in the road broke down, that's a tough site to see and the cops were trigger happy, but when are people going to realize to do EXACTLY what the cops say especially now in a time where their lives are just as at risk as ever

Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    You all are confusing two different cases...
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    It doesn't surprise me...
  • Options
    Reference material:

It's 9/2016
    CK was pimping Beats Audio in 2013
    BLM gained national attention in 2014

CK tweets 2 and 3 years ago, always outspoken.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Post edited by Godfather. on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Maybe they should come out with that information much sooner than they do....not saying the riots are justified but it shouldn't take the chief of police this long to issue a response.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

that story is not true, book-gun, drop it-no reply, gun found near suspect.

Godfather.
  • Options

JC29856 said:

Godfather.
    1:35 minutes ago
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    muskydan said:

Godfather.

Nailed it GF..."free shopping day and right to violence". You see the video of those savages dancing and destroying the squad car? They love and need this shit....they must not have gotten the memo it was a black officer and the asshole had a gun...scratch that, none of that matters anymore.
    "savages"????
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    It gets even more interesting "Plain clothes under cover cops"
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Trump was just ripping on the officer that shot the dude....yes you read that right
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

muskydan said:

Godfather.

"savages"????
    What part of the above described behavior by those people not Savage like? You see the video?
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,629
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Godfather.

"savages"????
    What part of the above described behavior by those people not Savage like? You see the video?
    I was wondering if you call white people savages when they riot?
  • Options

JC29856 said:

11 black gang members rape kill and burn a young white girl no media attention

Godfather.

Then how did you hear about it? You know an apple and an orange are different things, right?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Godfather.

"savages"????
    Uncivilized, barbarian, violent, primitive. Unfortunately, the PC police have taken savage and turned it into a racist word, much like thug. I'm old enough that I grew up using thug and savage without regard to color or race. They describe(d) behavior. If someone is opposed to the use of those words, then it is perhaps they who have an issue with race. i don't think race when I see those words (until hyper-sensitive people point out that these are their trigger words and they need to run to a safe space). PC police don't get to redefine words. I will continue to use thug and savage where appropriate. And yes, white people can and have historically been savages. Same with natives, blacks, Asians, Hispanics, etc... Again, the word describes behavior.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    PC police aren't redefining words. Thug is almost exclusively used for black people. Pay attention when you see it used. It's the new N word.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Godfather.
    1:35 minutes ago
    just enough time to enjoy a good loot and riot ...

Godfather.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

PC police aren't redefining words. Thug is almost exclusively used for black people. Pay attention when you see it used. It's the new N word.

Nope. This same thing came up with thug in another thread. There are those who only see color when they hear the word, and those who don't. I am shocked an appalled when I hear the N word. That is clearly racist and unacceptable. But savage and thug are accurate descriptors for uncivilized behavior without regard to race. If one is using it in a racist way, then sure, knock it off. And just because Tupac thought he was hard, and adopted the thug label, doesn't mean the rest of us have to fall in line. I never gave two shits about Tupac, or his phoney thuggery. Thug predates Tupac by centuries.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options

Maybe they should come out with that information much sooner than they do....not saying the riots are justified but it shouldn't take the chief of police this long to issue a response.

tough one there man, before any details of a police officer involved shooting I believe there is an investigation right ?
    any time you hear about this stuff early or as it happens it's because of the media who only want ratings and half truths to
    get you interested.

Godfather.
  • Options
    All you have to do is pay attention to when thug is used. Nearly all the time, it's used for black people. You might think your usage is different. That's fine. Maybe you've called white people thugs in an amt thread that had to do with whites behaving badly.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

Nope. This same thing came up with thug in another thread. There are those who only see color when they hear the word, and those who don't. I am shocked an appalled when I hear the N word. That is clearly racist and unacceptable. But savage and thug are accurate descriptors for uncivilized behavior without regard to race. If one is using it in a racist way, then sure, knock it off. And just because Tupac thought he was hard, and adopted the thug label, doesn't mean the rest of us have to fall in line. I never gave two shits about Tupac, or his phoney thuggery. Thug predates Tupac by centuries.
    Agreed.

This word is a good word and has not been stolen to be used exclusively for black people misbehaving. It's appropriate for all thugs whether they are are purple, white, black or roygbiv.

The thread where this was discussed offered multiple examples of the term used for white people (Vancouver and Australia government officials in the public forum).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Google search thug
    thug
    THəɡ/
    noun
    a violent person, especially a criminal.
    synonyms: ruffian, hooligan, vandal, hoodlum, gangster, villain, criminal; More
    historical
    a member of a religious organization of robbers and assassins in India. Devotees of the goddess Kali, the Thugs waylaid and strangled their victims, usually travelers, in a ritually prescribed manner. They were suppressed by the British in the 1830s.

Thug should actually only be used for Indian criminals... :get_outta_here:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options

All you have to do is pay attention to when thug is used. Nearly all the time, it's used for black people. You might think your usage is different. That's fine. Maybe you've called white people thugs in an amt thread that had to do with whites behaving badly.

Senator Paul Byrd like saying "white" N-words. Just FYI
  • Options
    all you have to do is pay attention to who uses the word most to describe themselves, thug life, thug this, thug that ...you're
    race baiting with the cards stacked against you on that one.

Godfather.