Options

police kill unarmed black man

Comments

• Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

People are saying that facts don't matter in a thread that was started about 2 separate situations combined into one. Can't make this stuff up.

The guy "reaching" into the car was

Am I missing something?

where's your sensitivity man !...be carful or the train crew will call you the "R" word. HAHAHHAHAHHA

Godfather.

Oh Yes, the "R" word. Them dam Racist Republicans !!!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,604
    muskydan said:

People are saying that facts don't matter in a thread that was started about 2 separate situations combined into one. Can't make this stuff up.

The guy "reaching" into the car was

Am I missing something?

where's your sensitivity man !...be carful or the train crew will call you the "R" word. HAHAHHAHAHHA

Godfather.

Oh Yes, the "R" word. Them dam Racist Republicans !!!

Why am I being quoted in this?
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Everyone is soooooo politically correct when all I'm trying to do is tell it like it is, calling a spade a spade...... I thought republicans would appreciate that, but apparently they are very sensitive and easily offended. Wear your racism with pride, we are in Trumps new america after all. Make America Racist Again!!
  • Options

The guy "reaching" into the car was Tulsa

The riots referenced are Charlotte

He wasn't "reaching" into his car (parked in the middle of the highway no less)?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited September 2016

He wasn't "reaching" into his car (parked in the middle of the highway no less)?
    I don't know what he was doing and that's not the point. People are referencing "facts" yet the thread was started without and ounce of thought combining tulsa and Charlotte into one situation .

Bunch a fucking geniuses, I tell ya
  • Options
    I'm going in to Central Park tomorrow I hope I don't run into any savages !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

I don't know what he was doing and that's not the point. People are referencing "facts" yet the thread was started without and ounce of thought combining tulsa and Charlotte into one situation .

Well I was wondering what you were implying by placing quotation marks around 'reaching'.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

Well I was wondering what you were implying by placing quotation marks around 'reaching'.
    I don't know if he was. I haven't watched the video aside from briefly catching it on the news and don't really care to see and analyze another dude getting killed
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,673

I'm going in to Central Park tomorrow I hope I don't run into any savages !

You might even be around recent immigrants. And some will be Muslim!
  • Options

PP193448 said:

People are just too sensitive nowadays... Where's Dave Chappelle when you need him

What's interesting is what group people think are too sensitive.

Words are words and in America you have the right to use them freely even if other find them offensive. You can use any adjective you want to describe a group or persons behavior. Get over it. Savage can apply to an animal as well. No need to differentiate the color of fur to determine if it's offensive or racist.

Yes, words are words. And as you pointed out, savage also applies to animals, and in this case (and historically) racial minorities. If you say something, expect hearing something in response.
    It comes down to intent. If you can prove to me that the word was intentionally used as a racist reference then you have something. If not then the word is just an adjective(fierce, violent, uncontrolled), noun(primaries and uncivilized), or verb(attack or maul). The word can describe a group or people or a person regaurdless of their skin color. Appearently in your world if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then calling it a duck is offensive and racist.
    historical context also matters. if the duck was named a duck by a bunch of oppressive geese 200 years ago because of the colour of its feathers and the shortness of its neck, then yeah, calling it a duck is offensive and racist.
    "Boy" was also used to talk down to slaves back in the day. Didn't know I was calling my three male offsprings a derogatory racist name all these years.
  • Options

PP193448 said:

People are just too sensitive nowadays... Where's Dave Chappelle when you need him

Words are words and in America you have the right to use them freely even if other find them offensive. You can use any adjective you want to describe a group or persons behavior. Get over it. Savage can apply to an animal as well. No need to differentiate the color of fur to determine if it's offensive or racist.

Yes, words are words. And as you pointed out, savage also applies to animals, and in this case (and historically) racial minorities. If you say something, expect hearing something in response.
    It comes down to intent. If you can prove to me that the word was intentionally used as a racist reference then you have something. If not then the word is just an adjective(fierce, violent, uncontrolled), noun(primaries and uncivilized), or verb(attack or maul). The word can describe a group or people or a person regaurdless of their skin color. Appearently in your world if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then calling it a duck is offensive and racist.
    historical context also matters. if the duck was named a duck by a bunch of oppressive geese 200 years ago because of the colour of its feathers and the shortness of its neck, then yeah, calling it a duck is offensive and racist.
    "Boy" was also used to talk down to slaves back in the day. Didn't know I was calling my three male offsprings a derogatory racist name all these years.
    Relationship context also matters.
  • Options

PP193448 said:

Seems like you have all these rules for the convience of your stance. My turn then...no it doesn't.

• Options

PP193448 said:

Seems like you have all these rules for the convience of your stance. My turn then...no it doesn't.

Ummmmm.....yes....context does matter.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,916
    slang words from over a 100 years ago are not fair game in my opinion. unless you are a historian how the hell do you know certain words were offensive such a long time ago?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

slang words from over a 100 years ago are not fair game in my opinion. unless you are a historian how the hell do you know certain words were offensive such a long time ago?

I can read. Funny how we still have literature from over a 100 years ago.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    dignin said:

Everyone is soooooo politically correct when all I'm trying to do is tell it like it is, calling a spade a spade...... I thought republicans would appreciate that, but apparently they are very sensitive and easily offended. Wear your racism with pride, we are in Trumps new america after all. Make America Racist Again!!

I would love to call a spade a spade, a bigot a bigot, a racist a racist in this forum, but you're not allowed to.

• Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    More fun times by them "misunderstood youths" in NC going on As We Speak. Looting, Destruction of property, and reports of a protestor getting shot in the head…. basically ANARCHY. Hope and Change…Hope and Change
  • Options
    The fact of the matter is that the police should be part of the community not a foe , somehow bridges have to be built to unite these communities that are in turmoil ...North Carolina is tense tonight !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    muskydan said:

More fun times by them "misunderstood youths" in NC going on As We Speak. Looting, Destruction of property, and reports of a protestor getting shot in the head…. basically ANARCHY. Hope and Change…Hope and Change

Thanks Obama
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    That's a real bad situation tonight in Charlotte. Fire rubber bullets then shoot teargas in same area. If the reports of a clergymen getting shot in head and killed, it will only get worse, way worse.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,852

PP193448 said:

interesting. you were the first one to come up with the first "rule" of intent mattering. we just expanded on what else also matters. or does this discussion begin and end with your opinion?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Smellyman said:

muskydan said:

Thanks Obama
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    my2hands said:

So this guy had a gun... didn't put it down when instructed... maybe has a record for carrying a firearm... Was shot by a black officer... and the police chief is black

Am I missing something?

Yes, definitely.

If we smash the windows of that old dude's electronics shop we can steal an Xbox one and some hair extensions from the accessories shop next door! Get your pillowcase brah, fill 'er up! Aargh I hate whites!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Stickman12Stickman12 Posts: 504
    edited September 2016
    dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

I can read. Funny how we still have literature from over a 100 years ago.
    Seems like your views are restricted to 100 years ago too. If you could provide some sort of slang dictionary from 100 years, it would be appreciated. Please let me know if any of the words I have used thus far are considered racist. Here I was living, talking, and communicating in modern time, boy, I mean male adult, was I missing the boat
  • Options

PP193448 said:

Wow, seriously? You think that's a rule of convenience? It's called a societal rule of basic respect. You can't understand that you can call your son "boy", but not a black person boy? You think that's some sort of PC rule that's oppressing you?
  • Options
    Ok, so the guy in charlotte was shot after repeatedly being told to drop his gun, right?

Why are they rioting in Charlotte? Systemic racism? Here's an idea, drop the gun.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    I'm wondering what that cop in Tulsa was supposed to do. The guy did have his hands up, but continued to back up towards his vehicle, then turns his back to the officer while reaching into the vehicle, no?
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    the police reacted to a threatening situation and unfortunately a man died there is no race issue here, misinformation and the media once again led to another riot, some folks are and have been to quick to react in violent way...so the actions of rioters are defended with accusations of racism towards their accusers because it's a great way to turn off the lime light they have shined upon themselves.
    even here on the AMT the ugly finger of racism is pointed freely in the direction of anybody who dare call it out as it truly is.

Godfather.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,839
    Walk up to a black guy on the street, drop a nickel on the ground and say 'Pick that up for me, boy.'
    When we all cut the bullshit and agree that is a racist statement maybe we can move on and have a real discussion.
  • Options
    eddiec said:

Walk up to a black guy on the street, drop a nickel on the ground and say 'Pick that up for me, boy.'
    When we all cut the bullshit and agree that is a racist statement maybe we can move on and have a real discussion.

Uh, ok...